SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm glad decidueye keeps long reach, because it's a great ability. Goodra gets OVERCOAT? OH MY
GOODRA: 90/100/70/110/150/80 (600)

H-GOODRA: 80/100/100/110/150/60 (600)

-10 HP, +30 DEF, -20 SPEED

Hisuian Goodra is quite terrifying. Not only does it gain Steel type but also Overcoat?
Overcoat is nice but if you play Singles instead of Doubles, look at the other Ability, Sap Sipper. Steel types are immune to Sandstorm and Sap Sipper makes it immune to Grass, which means every non-gimmick powder move except Poison Powder, which it's already immune to, and Rage Powder. If you play Doubles, I'll admit Overcoat is better then Sap Sipper, but for Singles, I'm pretty sure you're usually better off with the full Grass immunity (even though it's already almost immune) to a Hail immunity. I'm not saying you're wrong to get excited about H-Goodra's Ability. I'm just saying you're excited about the wrong one. (Unless you play Doubles)

I feel like some of these mons having the same abilities as their counterparts is a bit sketch... may just be coping but it'd be nice for some of them to be edited before they potentially come to Sw/Sh. (particularly Qwilfish's evo... why not give it something like Battle Armor or Bulletproof over Swift Swim when it's not even Water type anymore?)
Qwilfish is still a fish. Why can't a fish swim fast? :P

Sneasler's gonna be a threat. Poison Touch is a really solid ability with poor distribution. We've talked about it a lot in CAP for that reason, and about how regular poison is an underrated status. On something that's fast and can spam Fighting moves (which are super-effective on poison-immune steels), it's got a lot of potential. Obviously it's on Toxicroak now but that thing's best Fighting move is Drain Punch which is not super threatening to anything, it's slow, and it tends to prefer Dry Skin. If Sneasler gets Close Combat, Poison Jab (I think the poison chance stacks), and maybe keeps Knock Off or something that can hit poisons, it'll be kinda scary.

Edit: pretty sure you have a 51% chance for Poison Jab to poison the Lando or whatever that wants to switch in on you.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sneasler's gonna be a threat. Poison Touch is a really solid ability with poor distribution. We've talked about it a lot in CAP for that reason, and about how regular poison is an underrated status. On something that's fast and can spam Fighting moves (which are super-effective on poison-immune steels), it's got a lot of potential. Obviously it's on Toxicroak now but that thing's best Fighting move is Drain Punch which is not super threatening to anything, it's slow, and it tends to prefer Dry Skin. If Sneasler gets Close Combat, Poison Jab (I think the poison chance stacks), and maybe keeps Knock Off or something that can hit poisons, it'll be kinda scary.
From a stream a few of us have been watching, Hisuian Sneasel gets both Poison Jab and Close Combat!

Many people will be disappointed in the applications of many of these mons in standard. At least 6 will immediately have some degree of influence in Monotype
  • H-Zoroark -- provides Normal with a much needed Fighting immunity and likely takes over from Porygon-Z; on paper has little to offer Ghost outside the mirror match
  • Ursaluna - should be absolutely monstrous on Normal with Bulletproof providing immunity to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast OR can serve as a bulky wincon much in the vein of Snorlax or Bewear but better
  • Overqwil - likely supplants Drapion on Dark due to its higher attack stat and retaining Intimidate, lacks Drapion's Knock Off and speed tier but has great support moves. The ManDrapTar balance core becomes even nastier with an offensive Intimidator thrown into the mix. Likely no use on Poison
  • Enamorus-I - immediately enters as one of the best mons in the tier, joining a strong type in Fairy as well as the consensus top type in Flying. Assuming it retains Hammer Arm/Superpower from the other genies Contrary quickly becomes nasty, nasty stuff.
  • Sneasler - Fighting finally gets a usable mon north of the 110 Speed tier, allowing Keldeo/Terrakion to not have to run Scarf; adds even more flexibility to current Poison
  • H-Goodra - bolsters the viability of Balance Dragon and provides an alternative to Dragalge as a fairy stopper

Last edited:
I take complete movesets haven't been released yet?
I know there has been clips of certain mons being discovered to have certain moves, or the new moves being linked to a certain mon.

Also seeing the bp move nerfs and new moves it appears that the game itself seems to concentrate on setup and stat alteration rather than directly hitting stuff for raw damage, this is likely to make boss fights harder as it makes it harder for bosses to go down in one hit.

I take complete movesets haven't been released yet?
I know there has been clips of certain mons being discovered to have certain moves, or the new moves being linked to a certain mon.

Also seeing the bp move nerfs and new moves it appears that the game itself seems to concentrate on setup and stat alteration rather than directly hitting stuff for raw damage, this is likely to make boss fights harder as it makes it harder for bosses to go down in one hit.
We’re finally playing a real Shin Megami Tensei game!

If Sneasler gets Close Combat, Poison Jab (I think the poison chance stacks), and maybe keeps Knock Off or something that can hit poisons, it'll be kinda scary.
To be specific, yes Poison Touch and Poison Jab work together to increase the overall poison chance, but they each have a separate chance to activate as opposed to it being additive. The simple way to thing of it is that Poison Jab used by a Pokémon with Poison Touch has a 51% poison chance!

EDIT: Went to correct the chance and noticed you had it in the original post anyways, oops.

Sneasler looks amazing on Mono-Fighting teams. Fairy has always been one of the most difficult matches, and the other Poison/Fighting gets OHKOEd by Lele and is too Slow to check fast Fairy types like Koko and Mimikyu.

• Ursaluna - should be absolutely monstrous on Normal with Bulletproof providing immunity to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast OR can serve as a bulky wincon much in the vein of Snorlax or Bewear but better
I think Guts Ursaluna might have a space on mono-Ground. Burn can wreck havok on Ground teams. I've always wanted a Guts user that could switch into Will-o-Wisps without a care.

Man, it's weird to think about this timeline in context. Like I guess all the regional evolutions like Ursaluna and Wyrdeer just die out? Pokemon like Goodra and Typhlosion and Electrode and Avalugg lose their cool secondary typings and become way more boring over the eons that pass. At least Goodra gets happier...
The implication that Enamorus is extinct or otherwise MIA is quite interesting as well.

God I wish I could be happy for lilligant, but it's so depressing seeing that power whip isnt in the game... it's best option for grass stab is leaf blade or wood hammer.

Some idiotic predicting all the new pokemons' overused viability from their stats and abilities
Most likely good:
Enamorus variants- As long as it gets a good boosting move, incarnate will be minimum OU due to contrary. Therian is more dicey but it's stats are good enough that i'm willing to bet it will be ou
Sneasler- 130/120 is really good so most likely good but can be meta / movepool dependent considering it's stab combination is utterly crapped by poison types, meaning it has a real chance of making no progress against one of the meta titans toxapex.
Edit- It also is hard walled by lando / gliscor by virtue of the stab combination so more dicey now. At the very least, it has to choose between getting walled by lando or pex which is...not good.
Goodra- Incredible stats and a neat typing. The lack of a proper special weakness complements it's bulk nicely. A reliable recovery move will most likely solidify it as ou but nice utility moves can also work as a substitute given kommo-o's past success.
Zoroark- 3 immunities to work with makes illusion mind games very likely to be deadly. Also has 125/ 110 speed with a cool offensive typing and stab shadow ball. Honestly, I can't see it not being ou but perhaps the bulk will make using it inconsistent.
Ursaluna- Enormous stats and a stellar offensive typing. However, slow hard hitting tanks' viability are often hard to predict so can be wrong here.

Can be good:
Overqwil- Typing is solid both offensively and defensively with a mixture of good bulk, power and speed. Most likely a rain mon but maybe intimidate hazard variants can also have a niche.
Basculegion- Bulkier crawdaunt. Fuck, if it only had good speed...Movepool might save it.

Most likely unviable
Decidueye- No standout traits and shit speed.
Typhlosion- Blacephalon.
Samurott- No standout traits.
Arcanine- Shit typing defensively on what looks like a defensive focused mon. Ofensively ok but will most likely be landorus / chomp food.
Electrode- No bulk and power
Liligant- Hustle mons are never reliable and it's stab combination is lackluster. Can have a place in the low c ranks depending on meta.
Braviary- No standout traits.
Avalugg- Shit typing on a defensive mon.
Wyrdeer- Bad typing and stat spread.
Kleavor- Typing is bad and cannot abuse sheer force with stabs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)