Entertainment Pokemon History Chapter 1: Pairs Over the Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there!

After a lot of thinking, I decided I wanted to write a series of articles called Pokemon History in which I talk about Pokemon as part of classifications that have not yet been done by The Smog, with one article (chapter) per issue, starting with this one. In this particular piece, I want to talk about Pokemon over the generations that were either introduced as pairs or are counterparts of one another in the Pokedex or according to evolution or other relevant information. I plan to talk about how these Pokemon relate to one another, the circumstances surrounding what makes them a pair, and how they have fit in to their stories in-game, in animated films, and in competitive play. I plan for this to be both entertaining and informative to readers. I will add very detailed segments in the completed writeup, as usual. :)

Nidoqueen & Nidoking

Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee

Espeon & Umbreon

Plusle & Minun

Volbeat & Illumise

Lunatone & Solrock

Latias & Latios

Leafeon & Glaceon

Throh & Sawk

Escavalier & Accelgor

Title of the series (Pokemon History) subject to change. As always, thanks for this opportunity to contribute, and I look forward to writing this. All feedback or advice regarding this idea is welcomed and much appreciated. ♥

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I like it. Not sure if the title makes a ton of sense for it but I don't have any better ideas..

It seems like the topic covers a ton since there have been a lot of pairs along the way. Scyther/pinsir, lugia/ho-oh, huntail/gorebyss, glalie/froslass, gardevoir/gallade, etc. So, I guess you may have to consider which are worth covering?

I think an interesting one to include may be gyarados/milotic which ended up as a sort of pair despite being a couple of generations apart. Or maybe they're not quite pair-y enough. Just throwing things out there..

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I like it. Not sure if the title makes a ton of sense for it but I don't have any better ideas..

It seems like the topic covers a ton since there have been a lot of pairs along the way. Scyther/pinsir, lugia/ho-oh, huntail/gorebyss, glalie/froslass, gardevoir/gallade, etc. So, I guess you may have to consider which are worth covering?

I think an interesting one to include may be gyarados/milotic which ended up as a sort of pair despite being a couple of generations apart. Or maybe they're not quite pair-y enough. Just throwing things out there..
Hi, Toast! Thanks for the feedback!

You're right. Due to the huge amount of Pokemon that could be considered "pairs", I decided to narrow the scope a bit by only using ones that have obvious similar attributes, and to not use ones that are both evolutions of the same Pokemon, hence why I decided against Huntail/Gorebyss, Glalie/Froslass, and Gardevoir/Gallade. In addition, the latter two "pairs" there contain Pokemon that were released in different generations (Glalie and Gardevoir are from RSE and Froslass and Gallade are from DPP) as are Gyarados and Milotic (Gyarados is from RBY and Milotic is from RSE). Instead of Scyther/Pinsir, I actually considered Pinsir/Heracross but later decided they weren't related enough.

tl;dr: A lot of these are examples I did consider, but I wanted to make the criteria more specific to avoid publishing a piece with an overload of content. :)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright. Good to see you've considered everything. I'm going to say go for it. And I think we'll probably look at the others after this one gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)