Research Pokemon GO Eeveelutions

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Howdy, all. As you can see from the title, this thread is to determine the guiding factor behind the game choosing which eeveelution your Eevee evolves into in Pokemon Go. There is a possibility that it could be random chance, and I'm not discounting that - while I personally do not believe that is the case, there is always the possibility.

I will list the various suggested guiding factors, and all I ask you to do is, when you evolve an Eevee, record these factors, and the result. I'm hoping that with everyone's help, we can find an answer - random or not! I have enough candies to evolve an Eevee myself, and will evolve it once I get enough factors. I like using the word 'factors'. Let's begin!

FACTORS:
-Moves possessed (uncertain which moves supposedly link to what eeveelution)
-Closest Gym / Largest amount of Gyms in area (Valor=Flareon, Mystic=Vaporeon, Instinct=Jolteon)
-Weather (the game apparently tracks this as well, and we gotta track all possibilities and whatnot)
-CP/hp/Height/Weight
-Nickname

Any other factors anyone could suggest would help immensely. And I'd like to hear a few more ideas before we begin the research. But when we do, simply post your Eevee(lution) before evolution with all the factors, as well as the resulting evolution.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
I've evolved 2 so far: the first was a Jolteon the other was a Vaperoen.

Moves possessed (uncertain which moves supposedly link to what eeveelution)
Quick Attack + dig for Jolteon, Tackle + Swift for Vap.

Closest Gym / Largest amount of Gyms in area (Valor=Flareon, Mystic=Vaporeon, Instinct=Jolteon)
Valor/ Valor

Weather (the game apparently tracks this as well, and we gotta track all possibilities and whatnot)
extremely hot and sunny

CP/hp/Height/Weight
NA/NA + NA/NA

Interesting idea, hopefully it works out well! I was able to evolve one into a Flareon yesterday, and don't quite remember everything. I believe it was really hot and sunny, although there were some heavy showers on and off throughout the day. Other than that, I don't have too much info on the Eevee before evolution. It is an XS Flareon though, 11.68kg and 0.91m.

In terms of other factors, I wonder if the region could be factored into it. I haven't seen a single Jolteon in any gym and it's mostly been Flareons with a few Vaporeons thrown in there.

I have evolved two Jolteons now. I don't remember a ton, but I believe the first one had Tackle and Swift. Most of the gyms in my area are Valor with some Mystic and very few Instinct.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
is a Top Artistis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Just tested this with an Eevee named 'Sparky', it evolved into a Jolteon. This nickname was given to a Pokemon I had already caught, the nickname was not given upon catching. Obviously this needs further testing, I took screenshots, would be happy to provide upon request.

The closest gym underwent a change from Blue to Yellow some time around me evolving. Weather is clear skies, sunny, in the mid 70's F.

*Edit: I can go back and supply additional info regarding weight, height, cp, etc of the evolved Eevee. This info would all be included in the screenshots I took and would be accurate if it is desired.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Eevee pre-evolution statistics - subject 1

Weather: Sunny
Closest Gym: Instinct
Largest Amount of Gyms Onscreen: Instinct/Valor tie
Moves: Quick Attack / Dig
CP: 321
Weight: 3.79 kg (XS)
Height: .26m
HP: 54
Nickname: Sparky
Result: Jolteon

Keep 'em coming guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)