Pokemon Challenger - a new twist on the franchise

Checked with RBG on Shoddy just to confirm that posting this is OK...

I am pleased to announce a new creation! Pokemon Challenger is a brand new game I made based on the Pokemon franchise.

Instead of the traditional trainer-RPG that we've all come to know and love, this is a brand new style of game using all the familiar Pokemon (and moves, mechanics, and formulas) that you'd expect.

Pokemon Challenger is a defense-style game (somewhat like a tower defense or similar game) in which you place Pokemon on the map and they defend against waves of incoming Pokemon.

Catch new Pokemon to add to your little army as the waves get harder and more diverse. Diversify your types and put together a winning team in order to complete the waves - and if you're truly skilled, take on the Badge Challenges. Earn medals and badges to unlock new starters and other unique tidbits.

The gameplay is unique and interesting, and a skilled Pokemon player will feel right at home with putting together a solid team.

Challenger is an online game supporting 1-4 players per game, with observers.

Requirements:
* Download and install the BYOND engine >> here <<
* Either create a BYOND account, or login as a guest
* Visit our page >> here <<
* Click the "Play Now" button
* Click "Join" on any of the available servers

(BYOND is a third party piece of software that allows users to make multiplayer online games with a relatively simple programming language. I use it because it allows rapid development and allows me to go from concept to "product" in a very quick amount of time. Have no fear, BYOND isn't another Zango (like some of those Pokemon MMOs you see), it's basically a Java-esque framework that allows you to play/make games.)

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me on Shoddy Battle as Polatrite (if I'm on) or add me to your AIM as "Polatrite AoS".

Hope to see you guys there, I think you could have a lot of fun in between constant Shoddy matches and EV training on your platinum carts. ;)

That. Is cool. Nice game, I've been addicted to Bloons Tower Defense lately and this is a pretty cool Pokemon version. Nice job!

Only Windows users can play this game. If you wish to download this game for your Linux/Mac installation in order to host in Dream Daemon, enter the following on your command line:

So I can play it on a mac? If so can you explain how because I dont really understand this.

Only Windows users can play this game. If you wish to download this game for your Linux/Mac installation in order to host in Dream Daemon, enter the following on your command line:

So I can play it on a mac? If so can you explain how because I dont really understand this.
Unfortunately BYOND is not available for Macs, except for developers using the server hosting software.

Sorry about that! =(

Of course, this game is still in development.

Beat up to the fourth badge. Seems to be an issue regarding its impossibility brought up by others on the Byond forums. Don't think you can go beyond level 50. Unown, Ekans, and Shuppet are pretty useless.

It would also be nice if one loss did not force you to restart from the beginning, or if there was a wider variety of pokemon available at the beginning. Exactly how many pokemon have been implemented thus far?

Looks like a good game. Just from the few screen shots and I've been reminded of Fire Emblem. Most notably, Sage Erik (one of the first Mages you get in the original US GBA series). But looks good. I'll take a look at it later when I have time.

I'm supposed to be taking the two biggest exams of my life early next week and you distract me with this???

!

This game is great! I just wanted to ask you whenever I play, it says I'm
guest-Insert random numbers here- , even though I'm logged in to Byond, what am I doing wrong?

since I can't post on byond (since I am not paying money for that), I would like to reiterate my last question as well as say some other things. I know you were planning on 100 waves, but most pokes won't get to the 30's or 40's in level so a lot won't be able to fully evolve. Kabutops, Omastar, and Stunky have missing icons. Also I think all pokes, at least the starters should have a move of all their types that can deal damage, cuz otherwise getting certain typed pokes become useless. E.g., sandshrew is useless against the steel gym.
Update plz
I waz also wondering if u had implemented happiness, trade, or item evolutions yet because none of them are happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)