Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if they gave a complete revamp of pokemon stadium for Black and White. I miss the old stadium mini-games, gym leader castle, and the stadium itself. If they made this with new graphics, I'd be one satisfied girl

gen 5 stadium=win, actually i played PBR before the stadium ones, compared to PBR those things are massive fucking win, gamefreak better get back on its tracks, BW is a new hope for both the metagame and pokemon itself, so a equivalent to stadium(but gen 5) for whatever console they decide would make me happy too.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it going to be actual 3D? I can't see how that'll work on Handhelds.

If anything, I think its just gonna be better polygonal 3D.
Wow, you have not been keeping up with the news on the 3DS, have you? It is indeed a handheld with actual 3D, though there has not yet been a Pokémon game announced for it.

gen 5 stadium=win, actually i played PBR before the stadium ones, compared to PBR those things are massive fucking win, gamefreak better get back on its tracks, BW is a new hope for both the metagame and pokemon itself, so a equivalent to stadium(but gen 5) for whatever console they decide would make me happy too.
Last time I checked Gamefreak didn't develop any of the Pokemon games on the Gamecube or Wii. >.>

what i am saying is that i played PBR before the stadium games, on different consoles, i never said i played stadium on the wii or gamecube, and anyway it would be nice if they made a stadium game for the wii. not that thing called PBR.

The PBR models sucked. The new ones they added were awful and lacked character in there animation. I was looking at Kangaskhan's idle in comparison to Electivire's Punch and I couldn't believe the quality difference.

The PBR models sucked. The new ones they added were awful and lacked character in there animation. I was looking at Kangaskhan's idle in comparison to Electivire's Punch and I couldn't believe the quality difference.

Really?

I thought Kangaskhan looked like it was having some kind of fit.

Wow, I didn't know people disliked PBR's graphics so much. Aside from the obviously reused N64 models like Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd and Tauros, I thought the new models were pretty good, if just a little stiff-looking. Lighting was fantastic, and there was just enough bloom to make it look good without going overboard. Human models were fantastic, as were backgrounds and stages.

Wow, I didn't know people disliked PBR's graphics so much. Aside from the obviously reused N64 models like Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd and Tauros, I thought the new models were pretty good, if just a little stiff-looking. Lighting was fantastic, and there was just enough bloom to make it look good without going overboard. Human models were fantastic, as were backgrounds and stages.
It's true the backgrounds and trainers and whatnot were nice but that really isn't important IMO. We're playing pokemon for the pokemon. They themselves should be the VERY first things to be updated. They're the stars of the game. Everything else could be fixed afterwards. But meh

Just my two cents

Pretty cool. I don't want to think how much it'll cost for the handheld...

Still, I'll have to get it. I hope it has two DS card slots. It doesnt look like it has a GBA slot which begs a pokemon related question. What will happen for pal park? there has to be a way to transfer pokemon from one game to another, without needing two DS's. (though if it can transfer from the older DS to the new one it should work) It seems Black and Whites one will require 2 DS possibly.

The anime has nothing to do with the games. If it did, there would be a move called Thunder Armor and Grotle would be able to heal itself by eating its own Energy Balls.

It's not only real life that says electricity can't affect ground - it's the games too. Talk about not making sense...does it make sense that a Level 100 Raikou using Thunder on a Level 1 Trapinch after 6 Calm Minds can't do a single point of damage to it, just because Trapinch is a creature that lives in the ground? No, but those are the parameters that have been set. Like I said, I would love if Tera Voltage let you hit Ground types with Electric moves, but there's no real reason to believe it would. If I invented an ability called "More Powerful Earthquakes" (yeah, it's a terrible name, just bear with me here) would something about that name imply that it would let a Pokemon hit Flying types with Ground moves? No. They'd still just be able to Fly above the Earthquake, no matter how strong it is.
Wow, good points. I guess there is no way in the Pokemon world to make electric attacks hit ground types. Unless, of course, they make it like a permanent Miracle Eye- which is always possible too, I guess. Actually, now that I think about it some more, it could be like Tinted Lens, except with a bigger boost and only for their Fire/Electric; perhaps 2.3 or 2.5. Kind of like, their fire and electricity is so strong that nothing really "resists" it.

As for the third legend, what if it's a combination of both Resh and Z and is Fire/Electric? Yea, that's not stellar typing for competing, but it's still unique like Resh and Z are.

Alright, I think I know how the 3DS works and what it looks like. Take a shoe box and cut off the top of it and turn it on its side. Put figurines and rocks in it and whatnot. Turn the box and you'll see different perspectives and the backround will move at a different speed than the foreground. If you turn it certain ways, you can see the sides of the box and the top and bottom. I think the 3DS either knows were you are or has an accelerometer in it, to make it work like all of those games you tilt, or both.

Edit: I think the circular thing is like the thing on the PSP that acts like a joystick.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I think I know how the 3DS works and what it looks like. Take a shoe box and cut off the top of it and turn it on its side. Put figurines and rocks in it and whatnot. Turn the box and you'll see different perspectives and the backround will move at a different speed than the foreground. If you turn it certain ways, you can see the sides of the box and the top and bottom. I think the 3DS either knows were you are or has an accelerometer in it, to make it work like all of those games you tilt, or both.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't do head-tracking, though it does have a camera. It also has an accelerometer in it, though I don't think it uses that for 3D either. I think it's a special screen that shows a slightly different image depending on the exact angle you see it from, so your eyes see two different images.

Unfortunately, you apparently need to hold the DS in a fairly specific zone relative to your face. They're saying that when it works, though, it has a significant wow-factor. Overall, I'm optimistic. If nothing else, you can turn the 3D off if you don't like it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do head-tracking, though it does have a camera. It also has an accelerometer in it, though I don't think it uses that for 3D either. I think it's a special screen that shows a slightly different image depending on the exact angle you see it from, so your eyes see two different images.

Unfortunately, you apparently need to hold the DS in a fairly specific zone relative to your face. They're saying that when it works, though, it has a significant wow-factor. Overall, I'm optimistic. If nothing else, you can turn the 3D off if you don't like it.
That's odd, I know it's adjustable so you may be able to make it work at various distances.

The screen has multiple sweetspots, so you'll still get the effect from multiple perspectives. I believe the slider also helps with this.

I like the new battle bottom screen with the Fight/Pokemon/Bag/Run option thing (HGSS's is crap with that stupid huge outline thingy). Like always, I'm getting both games, and I like the Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon typings and how both of them look.

Also, it is most likely not going to have 3D on the 3DS because it's not made for the 3DS, it's made for the DS with DSi enhancements, but I still hope it will look good with the higher resolution (although the bottom screen seems to be the smallest since the 2004 Original DS: 3.02 inches? diagonally or longer side?). But I'm still looking forward to the DSi exclusive features (which might be that internet upload thing, unfortunately).

Can someone clear up the 3DS screen size for me though? Like with a visual comparison between the sizes, or maybe a listing of all three length, width, and diagonal, or maybe just a simple comparison between the past DS's, because I'm confused and don't want small screens.

Another thing, do you think they will stretch the screen for DS/DSi games on the screens of the 3DS, or will they be in the center with a background like the GBA games have on the DS (except way more profound).

Another thing, do you think they will stretch the screen for DS/DSi games on the screens of the 3DS, or will they be in the center with a background like the GBA games have on the DS (except way more profound).
Well, they stretch them for the DSiXL, so I would imagine they will do the same on the 3DS. I don't own a DSiXL, but from looking at them on display at Gamestop, the resolution still looks pretty good for being enlarged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)