Pokémon GO

New event's off to a good start and I'm very glad to see Annihilape has its datamined Moveset intact given how good/versatile it is for PvP (Clodsire was similarly strong looking and got nerfed hard in the same situation).

Also nice that the research tasks for the stuff I want (i.e. Perfect/Shiny Mankey hunting) is a very simple one after several events of egg spam.

Ughh Varoom is i n12k eggs. This is going to take forever to propagate...
I happened to have a rocket radar that I saved for this so maybe I'll get lucky, but if anyone happens to get one (& they dont care about evolving it...) keep me in your thoughts about who to dump it on.

Drampa's coming up soon and that'll be in raids, which is rough going; it took a long time to get Passimian and Bombirdier. It's also in field research, though, so perhaps I'll get luckier.

Also while I was checking my special research, I have a bunch of things tied to gifts and they're really starting to bug me. If anyone happens to have a spot free and doesn't mind sending a gift occasionally, my code: 3718 2933 4475

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I happened to have a rocket radar that I saved for this so maybe I'll get lucky, but if anyone happens to get one (& they dont care about evolving it...) keep me in your thoughts about who to dump it on.

Drampa's coming up soon and that'll be in raids, which is rough going; it took a long time to get Passimian and Bombirdier. It's also in field research, though, so perhaps I'll get luckier.

Also while I was checking my special research, I have a bunch of things tied to gifts and they're really starting to bug me. If anyone happens to have a spot free and doesn't mind sending a gift occasionally, my code: 3718 2933 4475
Oh I'll be raiding Drampa extensively and farming it from field research if I can (I do not remotely care about Landorus) so will definitely have ample spares should you fail to get one

Depending on how long term you're willing to work on the Varoom project, Rocket Spawns from Stops and Balloons are more plentiful this event, so you could maybe stockpile 12k eggs by hatching smaller ones and work on it over time (unless it's staying post-event) or during a low-hatch-distance event. If I get extras I'll have you on short list for spares, since I'll be hatching some anyway to open my Bonus storage (10km Eggs to get a Dusk Rockruff on top of the Varoom from leaders)

I love when you complain pre-emptively and a game just gives you what you want right away:

This was the same egg I mentioned yesterday. Already transferred this bad boy, will evolve it soon

e: Also I don't know which of you is from the netherlands and added me, but thank you.

R_N I think you got your new White Whale with the February Update: Go Mark Enamorus.

So far its only announced appearances for Elite Raids are on Valentine's Day (Feb 14) from 12-2PM and 5-7PM Local times. So Raids aren't going to likely have plentiful participation to get junkers to transfer, much less looking for trades.

Want to heads up in advance in case you have a Gym near your Workplace or a Lunch site or something to hang around. It might be easier to watch and hope a crowd shows up for that to catch with your Daily Pass than hope the Mark Enamorus is circulating on the GTS like most previous ones.

R_N I think you got your new White Whale with the February Update: Go Mark Enamorus.

So far its only announced appearances for Elite Raids are on Valentine's Day (Feb 14) from 12-2PM and 5-7PM Local times. So Raids aren't going to likely have plentiful participation to get junkers to transfer, much less looking for trades.

Want to heads up in advance in case you have a Gym near your Workplace or a Lunch site or something to hang around. It might be easier to watch and hope a crowd shows up for that to catch with your Daily Pass than hope the Mark Enamorus is circulating on the GTS like most previous ones.
Oh trust me Enamorus has been my groan inducing nightmare I've been waiting for ever since the leaks pointed to a Valentines appearance
The fact it's even more limited than I expected is just the cherry on top

Anyway I have gyms near* by but there is no real Go community and looking up specifics of how Elite Raids work I definitely do not have the Pokemon strong enough for 20k HP Fairy, it's probably not duoable and...I do not believe they're "EX Gyms"? So that's rough.

My best bet is:
1. Get lucky. If Enamorus is a "good" Pokemon I can at least see people want to fish for a good one while they can and might shoot out spares on the GTS, especially if they want more recent one-off Pokemon. I strongly suspect Go Marked Enamorus will have a microeconomy going on because it'll be the one way to absolutely guarantee your Enamorus isn't hacked. It'll be fierce...but possible!
2. Just directly ask for someone to do trade. There's bound to be one person who either gets 2 and transfers one to Home or just dumps it into Home regardless. The upshot to this is because it's a single stage Pokemon & I'm not looking to keep it (although that would be nice) I can just do a touch trade if need be.

Side note: still really annoyed that Enamorus was not made catchable in the SV DLC.....

*In so far as there's a raid place that's like a 10 minute car drive that requires me to sit in a parking lot (& saw absolutely no one around on Wydeer raid day) and a 20 minute walk deep into another neighborhood (that does at least have one other person who lives there). It was enough to move the dial on the Mew & Meloetta research but suffice to say I did not beat the Wyrdeer.

QuentinQuonce

The year is 2039 and Shadow Articuno has returned to raids for the 180th consecutive month.

Anyway midweek Elite Raids is a proper dick move by Niantic but I'm in a Wednesday-night raid hour group; we semi-frequently meet at a busy central London station to raid and there's usually a lot of activity so I expect at least a few people will want to gather and do a few Enamorus raids (I have no Valentine's Day plans) so I should get at least a couple. I've also got plenty of Wyrdeer R_N if you're in need of one.

Mega Lati duo as well, though... that's pretty brutal. Guess I'm sticking to one- and three- star raids for a while!

The year is 2039 and Shadow Articuno has returned to raids for the 180th consecutive month.

Anyway midweek Elite Raids is a proper dick move by Niantic but I'm in a Wednesday-night raid hour group; we semi-frequently meet at a busy central London station to raid and there's usually a lot of activity so I expect at least a few people will want to gather and do a few Enamorus raids (I have no Valentine's Day plans) so I should get at least a couple. I've also got plenty of Wyrdeer R_N if you're in need of one.

Mega Lati duo as well, though... that's pretty brutal. Guess I'm sticking to one- and three- star raids for a while!
Ah no worry about the Wyrdeer: it was just a passive mention to make light of the fact that I couldn't even beat a 3* raid. It got close but I just didn't have the mons to do it solo. So 5* and Elite raids are well above my paygrade without a big group, and that's just not happening either.

As a reminder, unlike you guys-since the dex I care about is in Home- I don't have to worry about cross-gen evolutions being in Go. As long as the pre-evo was available, I' mgood to go; I had pokemon like Kingambit, Dudunsparce, Farigiraf, Wyrdeer, etc before Paldea even started. So even though White Stripe Basculin won't be able to evolve in Go, provided I can get one around the time it goes live, I'll be able to get Basculegion no problem.
Needless to say, I can't wait for Applin to be added lol, because they are DEFINITELY Going to slow-roll those evolutions in Go but provided I can get 3 of them i can complete the whole set. I bet they have like a "apple harvest" theme so probably easy to get....whenever we get to Galar, anyway.

However, I'll definitely get with you for an Enamorus trade if you happen to get a spare!

QuentinQuonce

Ended up with three Varoom in the end, not bad at all. And got nearly 30 XL candy from the hatches!

I'd expected to be sticking to Bombirdier raids now that the mega Lati duo are in raids but thankfully I've been able to get in on a few. I work in central London so it's a good place to join raid groups randomly. The thing is that you usually have to be there right when the egg hatches: there's an initial flurry of people and then after the initial 5 minutes or so it's dead. Once in a blue moon people might notice that a raid has someone in it and jump in (usually remotely) but getting the numbers you'd need for a Mega Latias raid is nigh-on impossible unless you've got people you can invite. I did one the other day with 6 people and we only just managed it.

God only knows whether I'll manage to do any Enamorus raids. I'm not even sure which gyms near my workplace are Ex Raid eligible - anyone know if there are any databases which have that info?

Ended up with three Varoom in the end, not bad at all. And got nearly 30 XL candy from the hatches!

I'd expected to be sticking to Bombirdier raids now that the mega Lati duo are in raids but thankfully I've been able to get in on a few. I work in central London so it's a good place to join raid groups randomly. The thing is that you usually have to be there right when the egg hatches: there's an initial flurry of people and then after the initial 5 minutes or so it's dead. Once in a blue moon people might notice that a raid has someone in it and jump in (usually remotely) but getting the numbers you'd need for a Mega Latias raid is nigh-on impossible unless you've got people you can invite. I did one the other day with 6 people and we only just managed it.

God only knows whether I'll manage to do any Enamorus raids. I'm not even sure which gyms near my workplace are Ex Raid eligible - anyone know if there are any databases which have that info?
Mega Latias my squad that could duo most Dragon or PSychic bosses barely eeks out 22% with Mega Rayquaza. 6* Mega Raid stats without a Double weakness don't screw around (compare Groudon and Rayquaza to Kyogre during the last Tour). 5-6 is the minimum if you can't assure Best Friend Bonuses or anything, and everyone needs to bring their A-game stuff. I might try them but more likely to solo burn mine on stuff like Bombirdier as mentioned until Drampa and the next Mega/Legend batch.

I think when you Click on the Gym there might be a label in the corner that identifies it as an EX Raid Gym. Not sure if they still add those or if they're artifacts from the EX raid system, but that's one thing you could check for.

1706986574261.png

QuentinQuonce

I think when you Click on the Gym there might be a label in the corner that identifies it as an EX Raid Gym. Not sure if they still add those or if they're artifacts from the EX raid system, but that's one thing you could check for.

View attachment 600584
I'm aware of this but I'm not at my office right now and won't be for a couple of days so I was after a map which shows all the gyms in a particular area.

I occasionally use an online map which has all raids/tasks visible if there's a particular field research I'm trying to get a lot of - you can filter the current active raids for "ex raid eligible only", but it doesn't show empty or inactive gyms so it's not particularly helpful. Guess I'll have to just check when I'm there next. I believe the elite raid eggs will be there for 24 hours so that's at least a bit of notice.

The Drampa field research was, of course Win 3 Raids. So that's not happening. I assume the "million nice throws" pool additions will be the other "small" Pokemon from the field research, too, rather than Drampa. Gotta get you raiding.

Incidentally...having been receiving gifts every day from whoever added me here, they really give you 7k egg every time huh? Makes that send 60 gifts task a real pain, can't exactly blame people for not wanting to fill their egg storage with all these frankly kind of lackluster eggs that take a bit too long to actually hatch. Are you able to like, decline them or does it not even let you open it?

7k eggs aren't guaranteed (didn't get one from a gift from Vietnam that I opened yesterday when I had space :psygrump:), but the only way to block them for sure is to have your egg storage full. You can't even prevent getting by filling up your item storage and opening gifts (which will give you stardust instead of items).

The Drampa field research was, of course Win 3 Raids. So that's not happening. I assume the "million nice throws" pool additions will be the other "small" Pokemon from the field research, too, rather than Drampa. Gotta get you raiding.

Incidentally...having been receiving gifts every day from whoever added me here, they really give you 7k egg every time huh? Makes that send 60 gifts task a real pain, can't exactly blame people for not wanting to fill their egg storage with all these frankly kind of lackluster eggs that take a bit too long to actually hatch. Are you able to like, decline them or does it not even let you open it?
Yeah, I will probably have a spare to offload but Drampa is a 3* level and weak to some very strong types so push comes to shove it might not be too hard to solo, and it's in high demand fr people doing random invites or over the Campfire App.

They did this last time with Turtonator but unlike that, Drampa is one of 3 Encounters the task can give, so even if you stack them up it's only a chance if the raid itself isn't Drampa.

Meanwhile I still haven't even seen a Drampa raid all week, and I've got a decent number of gyms visible at work.

I did happen to get a win 3 raids task, though, so I guess theoretically I have a chance to get one from there, but I just know it's gonna be a drudigon.

I did just catch a shiny darumaka when I went to double-check that there weren't any drampa raids finally, so I guess that's nice.

Edit: the strategy of complaining on the internet seemed to work, finally saw a Drampa raid near my home.

Last edited:
So I mentioned it in passing before, but I have gotten far enough into the Mew research to make an earnest attempt at it. I've got the gold kanto medal* as of today, i have the magikarp cooking for step 6 (I would normally ignore most of this event otherwise but it had wild magikarps, so...), im past level 25 (30 today, actually)....but none of that matters because I cannot find a Ditto

I looked up on the wiki and the list of pokemon there was different from an article I found from after Adamant Time. Does anyone know which set of spawns is correct? Or how rare it is? I've actually found 2 Zorua, of all things.

Also I'm sad the game doesnt pre-track stuff because I've actually made 2 excellent curve ball throws over the past several months. Ah well....

*And while we're here I am looking at the Meltan research and lmao what is this research. You really have to work your butt off for all these evolutions and rare captures (including another Ditto!) for Meltan. The weak thing that evolves with 400 candies. I get they wanted people to have access to it if you didn't have Let's Go at the time but the effort to get a thing that requires more effort is kind of ridiculous
You get 3 from its capture, another 5 from the research so ...at 20km per candy that's....another 7840 km to walk to evolve it if you never had Let's Go or connected to Home when that came out.

So I mentioned it in passing before, but I have gotten far enough into the Mew research to make an earnest attempt at it. I've got the gold kanto medal* as of today, i have the magikarp cooking for step 6 (I would normally ignore most of this event otherwise but it had wild magikarps, so...), im past level 25 (30 today, actually)....but none of that matters because I cannot find a Ditto

I looked up on the wiki and the list of pokemon there was different from an article I found from after Adamant Time. Does anyone know which set of spawns is correct? Or how rare it is? I've actually found 2 Zorua, of all things.

Also I'm sad the game doesnt pre-track stuff because I've actually made 2 excellent curve ball throws over the past several months. Ah well....

*And while we're here I am looking at the Meltan research and lmao what is this research. You really have to work your butt off for all these evolutions and rare captures (including another Ditto!) for Meltan. The weak thing that evolves with 400 candies. I get they wanted people to have access to it if you didn't have Let's Go at the time but the effort to get a thing that requires more effort is kind of ridiculous
You get 3 from its capture, another 5 from the research so ...at 20km per candy that's....another 7840 km to walk to evolve it if you never had Let's Go or connected to Home when that came out.
May I ask what the list of Ditto encounters you found was and what they dated it to? Leekduck last updated the disguises in mid-December post Adamant Time and has the following from this image. Hard to tell if the disguises changed or just been rare because I tend to fast catch so I miss which catch was the Ditto if I spot one later

1707645740230.png

May I ask what the list of Ditto encounters you found was and what they dated it to? Leekduck last updated the disguises in mid-December post Adamant Time and has the following from this image. Hard to tell if the disguises changed or just been rare because I tend to fast catch so I miss which catch was the Ditto if I spot one later

View attachment 603395
That's the one I found from the article (actually it was missing a few here), thanks
For reference the wiki is showing this one

Didn't think to check the wiki history until now, last update was from Dec 15 before the event (& the update before that one was from June).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)