Gen 4 Pleease Help my GEN 4 SS/HG Team

Hi, I'm fresh to competitive Pokemon and have a friendly with 4 others set up in a few weeks, my mates are Pokemon fiends so I need help. I've been reading a lot of smogon and have put together the following team, please drop some feedback and let me know if I can improve it. Keep in mind I've never played competitively and I only have 2 weeks left so I'm trying to go basic. I won't be investing time into EV's i still don't understand them totally tbh.
Rules:
  1. Fresh Play Through of SS/HG on DS
  2. No Legendaries/Mythicals
  3. No Trading
  4. Must include a starter
  5. All Pokemon must be Native to SS/HG
1. Mandatory Starter and lead. Swampert has solid defensive stats and great type immunities against other leads I think. Drop Stealth Rock, if type allows throw a Stab out, if not roar and try again. Not sure what's better here Ice Punch for flying/dragon/ground (which it seems are common leads?) or Waterfall for the stab. Relaxed Nature for a bit more survivability and who cares for the speed as he is slow anyway. Leftovers for some extra survivability

Swampeert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch Or Waterfall
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

2. Sunny Setup Espeon. Using Espeon's great speed throw a Sub down quickly use Sunny Day with Heat Rock to extend, Calm Mind to boost SpA and Baton Pass off to Executor to sweep. The Sunny Day will help 1 move Solar Beam and maximize Synthesis.

Espeon @ Heat Rock
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Sunny Day
-Baton Pass

3. Sp Sweeper. Executor He has great SpA stats with speed being his downfall but making good use of Chlorophyll Ability with Sunny Day he should outspeed most with Timid Nature. I imagine with a Calm Mind boost from Espeon he can sweep pretty hard. The synthesis will allow him to heal adequately and stay alive long enough to do some good damage. Life Orb for some damage boost and sleep powder for any tricky opponents that I'd maybe need to switch out from.

Executor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
-Sleep Powder
-Psychic
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis

4. SpD Rapid Spinner. Tentacruel looks like one of the best Rapid Spinners, I was tossing up between Starmie but I like Tentacruel Poison and SpD more. The goal is really simple just to rid the field of hazards and top up my own with Toxic Spikes, throw some poison out, and Stab with surf. His speed is decent enough to be able to get a few Toxic Spikes off and stack.

Tentacruel (item suggestion here please)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Mild (Get Some Dmg Up)
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes
-Sludge Bomb

5. Phys Sweeper. Heracross is a personal favorite Pokemon and when I found out he is viable in comp I had to use him. I've chosen to build him around the ability Guts and throw a Flame Orb for the self-burn to boost his phys then fun Facade for an even bigger OHKO potential. Jolly nature for some speed and then Megahorn & Close Combat for STAB. His aim is a full-on Phys attack OHKO machine.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Jolly
-Close Combat
-Facade
-Megahorn'
-??Sleeptalk maybe in case of a spore user or Shadow Claw for some coverage?

6. Dragon Sweeper. Clean up the leftovers with Dragonite. Outrage + Lum Berry combo, Roost for some survivability, and extreme speed for everything else. Dragon Dance opens and tries to sweep through remainders with Extremespeed of Outrage.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Extreme speed
-Roost

Thanks.

Going back a week ago I didn't know what a Lead was or Hazards or even STAB so this is about as good a team as i can put together atm.

Is Swampert native to HGSS? Im not sure what is or isn't.

Id recommend running a steel type for resistances. Skarmory or Metagross maybe. Tentacruel probably wants modest nature for extra power or calm for SpDef and run either leftovers or black sludge. Im not sure about Exeg/Espeon exactly. Keep in mind Tyranitar is very popular and will negate your sun. You may want a way to handle Gyarados. Dragon Dance Gyarados has a chance to run away with games very quickly, you need something that can answer it potentially. (Commonly people would use something like Rotom with choice scarf). Skarm also checks Gyara.

Id recommend running a steel type for resistances. Skarmory or Metagross maybe. Tentacruel probably wants modest nature for extra power or calm for SpDef and run either leftovers or black sludge. Im not sure about Exeg/Espeon exactly. Keep in mind Tyranitar is very popular and will negate your sun. You may want a way to handle Gyarados. Dragon Dance Gyarados has a chance to run away with games very quickly, you need something that can answer it potentially. (Commonly people would use something like Rotom with choice scarf). Skarm also checks Gyara.
Thanks for the input! Yes, Swampert is SS/HG, and Metagross and Rotom are not SS/HG.

I could sub out Swampert for Typhlosion, Then use Skarmory as a Lead and use spikes for hazards. I'll ditch the baton pass on Espeon and turn him into a Sunny Day/Light Screen user with Psychic.

Possibly swap Dragonite for Gyrados ?? I have a current game save file with Typhlosion, and i dont think i have extremespeed dragonite so i'd need to start again with Swampert to get it so swapping for Gyrados isn't a bad ideea.

I stand corrected, upon some research I can get Metagross, and Garchomp, and Salamence aswell! Shit this changes everything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)