ORAS OU Please Rate My Team. First post here.

I'm trying to create a balanced team, but I'm new to competitive battling. Please check it out and tell me how to improve. I'm pretty sure there are lots of gaping flaws in the team at the moment.

I'm trying to go for a tanky stall team, with 2 sweepers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake

I'm keeping Gliscor as a SubToxic staller. Toxic Orb with Poison Heal allow it to regenerate HP lost using Substitute. It mainly damages through Toxic, and delays using the others. It can pretty much wear down every non-poison pokemon slower than it, and survive most non-supereffective pokemon faster than it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Thunder Wave

Blissey's my SpDef Tank and Cleric. Hence, it has Heal Bell and Wish. It also has ParaFlinch support moves, to be able to do some damage if required.

Steelix @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Explosion

Steelix is my Def Tank. It mostly takes care of the Fire, Flying, etc. pokemon. The Custap Berry is there to allow me to use Explosion with more efficiency.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Recover
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Milotic is my Special Sweeper. It's the one that does a lot of damage, although I'm not entirely sure it's the best fit in this team. In battles, I think it's not as useful as the other pokemon.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Foul Play

I'm running Sableye with Prankster to be able to use Will-o-Wisp and Recover faster than my opponent's moves. In addition Foul Play takes care of Psychic and Ghost Pokemon, while dealing damange to most others too (it's STAB). I'm not entirely sure about Poison Jab, but I thought it could help in dealing with Fairy Type counters if required.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Hone Claws

I generally use Metagross as my lead, and don't mind if it faints, as long as it takes down pokemon. I only swap it out if it's against Fire or Ground. I try to get Metagross to take down as many pokemon as possible with OHKOs or 2HKOs.

I'm pretty sure my team's weak, because I lose more than I win, but I'm not sure of how to fix it and change it. Help!

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, shash ! Welcome to Smogon! Solid looking team, but onto the rate.

*You may want more descriptions to your RMT, otherwise a RMT Moderator will lock this thread. I will attempt to give a proper rate though.

A SubToxic set doesn't really seem to be doing much for the team. In fact, I really think your team would appreciate the presence of Landorus-Therian much more. It is overall bulkier, has access to intimidate and can provide momentum via U-Turn.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Blissey is in a way, outclassed by Chansey. With the Eviolite, it is bulkier. Also the moveset is a bit off. Paraflinch isn't for Chansey / Blissey.

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell / Wish

Steelix isn't very viable in OU, and the moveset itself is pretty bad. If you're looking for a mon to take hits while dishing them, try out Celebi. With base 100 stats all around, it makes for a good Pokemon to fit this role.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold / Impish Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain / Seed Bomb
- Nasty Plot / Swords Dance

Milotic isn't really a special sweeper. Instead, it soaks up hits, phases and utilizes its reliable recovery: Recover.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze / Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam

Sableye is a bit awkward without its Sablenite. Over Poison jab, try out Knock Off. It rids of the opponent's item, which will definitely come in handy. Coverage on Sableye is not needed, to be honest.

Metagross is overall better as its Mega Evolution. You don't have a mega yet, and it is stronger, faster and bulkier.
-->

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch / Grass Knot / Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake

Hello, this section of my RMT is here because I do not want to make too many changes. here are some options you may want to consider. Of course, I have some threats to your team as well. These are threats I noticed right off the bat, and I have provided some tips you may find helpful when dealing with these threats. The potential additions have an explanation of what Pokemon it should be used over, why and a moveset(s). Feel free to consider these ideas if you feel the need to at some point!

This is a big threat to your team, being able to OHKO / 2HKO everything on your team. Your best method of defeating this is keeping Metagross healthy and get off a Meteor Mash.

Latios would make for a great addition over Steelix / Celebi. It has access to defog, which can remove the hazards from your side. It also packs a punch with Life Orb. I will provide a moveset below.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake / Roost
- Defog / Roost

AND
Scizor being over Mega Metagross. It offers priority and allows Sableye to be mega.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play / Toxic

Being able to remove Chansey's eviolite, beat Metagross, and Celebi; this thing is a real threat. Keep your Landorus Therian alive and get off an Earthquake. Also attempt to burn it with Sableye to cripple its attacking abilities.

Takes all hits from your team and just withers them down. Your best way to handle this is to add something like Rotom-Heat over Celebi / Steelix.

Rotom-Heat would make for a good potential addition, over Celebi or Steelix. It is able to check Ferrothorn easily and can start a VoltTurn core woth your Landorus-Therian. Here is a moveset for it.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Thunderbolt

- Trick / Thunderbolt

That's all I have! Good team and good luck! :)

I'm trying to create a balanced team, but I'm new to competitive battling. Please check it out and tell me how to improve. I'm pretty sure there are lots of gaping flaws in the team at the moment.

I'm trying to go for a tanky stall team, with 2 sweepers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake

I'm keeping Gliscor as a SubToxic staller. Toxic Orb with Poison Heal allow it to regenerate HP lost using Substitute. It mainly damages through Toxic, and delays using the others. It can pretty much wear down every non-poison pokemon slower than it, and survive most non-supereffective pokemon faster than it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Thunder Wave

Blissey's my SpDef Tank and Cleric. Hence, it has Heal Bell and Wish. It also has ParaFlinch support moves, to be able to do some damage if required.

Steelix @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Explosion

Steelix is my Def Tank. It mostly takes care of the Fire, Flying, etc. pokemon. The Custap Berry is there to allow me to use Explosion with more efficiency.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Recover
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Milotic is my Special Sweeper. It's the one that does a lot of damage, although I'm not entirely sure it's the best fit in this team. In battles, I think it's not as useful as the other pokemon.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Foul Play

I'm running Sableye with Prankster to be able to use Will-o-Wisp and Recover faster than my opponent's moves. In addition Foul Play takes care of Psychic and Ghost Pokemon, while dealing damange to most others too (it's STAB). I'm not entirely sure about Poison Jab, but I thought it could help in dealing with Fairy Type counters if required.

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Hone Claws

I generally use Metagross as my lead, and don't mind if it faints, as long as it takes down pokemon. I only swap it out if it's against Fire or Ground. I try to get Metagross to take down as many pokemon as possible with OHKOs or 2HKOs.

I'm pretty sure my team's weak, because I lose more than I win, but I'm not sure of how to fix it and change it. Help!
Hey there shash, welcome to competitive. Exodus Latios covered a lot of things, but there are some important things that ought to be said before I rate:

1. What kind of team is this supposed to be, or rather accomplish? In your description you mentioned creating a balanced team but also mentioned the likes of having two sweepers alongside a tanky stall core. Most of all this team struggles a bit with identity.
  2. How does this team win? Does it wear down the opposition with entry-hazard damage and residual damage? Does it seek momentum? Does it stall out an opponent with status? This should be reflected in your sets and 'mons.
Exodus Latios mentioned some of the most dangerous threats to your team already, but I'll add a few more as well.

Keldeo - It can come in on Gliscor and put in work against most of your 'mons. Nothing really appreciates the Scald burn and Secret Sword maims if not OHKO's Chansey. I second the recommendation of Latios as a replacement for Steelix. Latios can give you both hazard removal via Defog, check Keldeo and Charizard-Y (which puts in work if Stealth Rock is up and Chansey has been weakened), and gives this team immediate firepower with Draco Meteor and Psyshock.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake / Roost
- Defog / Roost

If you're worried about Azu though, Celebi is also a fine choice. The firepower and utility that Lati provides though is IMO a bigger benefit to this team

Another dangerous threat that is quite common in OU is Mega Charizard X. Mega Char X has literally no switch ins on this team; even Gliscor is 2HKO'd.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Gliscor: 186-219 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

To beat Char X with Gliscor, you would have to keep Stealth Rock off the field and hope for CharX to get a low roll on the second Flare Blitz. Milotic fares little better against boosted Dragon Claws and can't respond reliably (Hypnosis has 60 accuracy and Surf doesn't do enough). To help remedy this and fit the general motif of the team, I would instead use either a specially defensive Heatran or a Magma Storm Trapper Heatran over Milotic.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic

This helps with the Charizard X issue so long as they don't have Earthquake and can switch in on Zard Y, barring two Focus Blasts hitting (Focus miss lol). It also provides a steady switchin to Ferrothorn and can set up Stealth Rock if you choose to give it to something else.

tl;dr, changes recommended:

Steelix < Latios

Milotic < SpDef Heatran

This helps a fair bit with some of the bigger issues to this team. GL with your matches!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)