Pimpkrow Turbo! Pimp Slappin' this tier.

Disclaimer: This is a team based on movesets that don't require a gen 5 tutor, and no legendaries because they require PokeTransfer and can't be bred. Please, refrain from suggesting these moves or pokemon.

Wanted to make a team making good use of Honchkrow, but I did not like his speed one bit. Figured he could use some Sticky Web support, and he'll be serving up 6-0s in no time. Spent the day testing it, and so far I like where I've taken it. I'm kinda bad at these pre-RMT intro thingys, so I'll just get down to business. Also, credit to the respective creators/owners of any art used here.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Swarm
Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

X-Scissor
Leaf Blade
Sticky Web
Shadow Claw/Agility/Swords Dance/Protect/Toxic/???

Galvantula went all hollywood on us, so Leavanny's our only salvation to trap unsuspecting pokemon in our sticky residue. This may become a Shuckle depending on if I feel I need more defense, but with Custap being unavailable in X/Y right now, I doubt it. X-Scissor because apparently U-Turn is 2 strong for Leavanny. Leaf Blade for some additional STAB and to punish any Nidos that dare stay in. Fourth move is something I have no clue for. Maybe Protect, but I really can't say. I don't consider Leavanny a full time member of the team, unless I lose Sticky Web somewhere along the way.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Moxie
Adamant (+Atk - SpA)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

Roost
Sucker Punch
Brave Bird
Steel Wing/Night Slash/Foul Play

Here he is. Star player. I. Love. This. Bird. Either as a flat out sweeper, or as a cherry on top after wearing down the opponent's team, he nets at least a 4-0 every time. I tried Leftovers at first, but he wasn't scoring those key kills to get him going so Life Orb is my item of choice. Roost for longevity, Sucker Punch and Brave Bird are like asking why does Scizor need Bullet Punch. Fourth move slot really suffers from not having PokeTransfer only moves as an option. I didn't quite like how Metagross was treating this team, so Foul Play was an option. Then again, Rock types just fling Honchkrow out of the sky so my next best option to Superpower was Steel Wing. Might just stick to Foul Play though.

Florges @ Leftovers
Flower Veil
Calm (+SpD -Atk)
4 SpA, 252 HP, 252 SpD

Wish
Aromatherapy
Protect
Moonblast

This would be Sylveon, but Heal Bell is transfer only so this will have to do. Though, sacrificing a useful ability for more Special bulk does have its perks. Wish and Aromatherapy because that's the only way to play a pseudo-Sylveon. I like Protect, because apparently more things carry Sludge Bomb and Poison Jab then I could have imagined. Moonblast for its only attacking move. If I change Leavanny to Shuckle, this will probably become Gardevoir, so I don't lose too much offense.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Rain Dish -> Mega Launcher
Modest (+SpA -Atk)
4 SpD, 252 HP, 252 SpA

Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse

Y'all know how that fire-water-grass thing goes. After a long relationship with Milotic for this spot, Honchkrow or Darmanitan just didn't like rocks, and Darmanitan damn sure hates Sticky Web. Starmie comes to mind, but when you're pretty much playing a suicide lead with a 100% guaranteed chance to die, you need bulk in a spinner. Dragon Pulse would certainly make use of Mega Launcher, but Ice Beam hits dragons and more. Water Pulse over Scald because of the boost and that Confusion can be helpful for securing a spin.

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Frisk
Impish (+Def -SpA)
4 Atk, 252 Def, 252 HP

Leech Seed
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak/Pain Split
Seed Bomb

Not seeing Starmie, Donphan, Avalugg or Forretress in the "definitely OU" pokemon brought this here. Blocks all spinners not named Blastoise pretty well. Also a pseudo-Trevenant with a worse ability. Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp wear down walls badly, Seed Bomb for STAB. Shadow Sneak was for more coverage, and I liked what it was doing to Metagross, but Pain Split helped me eat up more damage as a last resort before sending in Honchkrow in to clean up. Some would suggest playing a special defense geared set, but it really doesn't like what special attackers do to it with max investment anyway.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Superpower/Stone Edge
U-Turn

Revenge killer. He has to be effective if Sticky Web goes down. Everyone plays Scarf with Jolly, but the extra attack points hits and kills everything I call on it for. Arcanine would have had this slot for Flash Fire, but it was too unreliable and just fell to faster threats once Sticky Web died. Flare Blitz is obvious, Earthquake for coverage, Superpower is also for coverage, but Stone Edge hits every Defogger pretty hard because they threaten my team. and U-Turn is for prediction purposes. Lets me call in Honchkrow and finish off whatever I just weakened, or Levanny if I just killed something and need another Web.

There we have it. Those are the guys. Now, let's get to some of these holes.

THREATS

Defoggers in general get me so good, but these are the four I've seen commonly. Crobat is usually shut up by anything on Darmanitan, and Zapdos depends on if Stone Edge wants to play games or not. Empoleon and Gligar give me problems. Flare Blitz on Empoleon is a good 1-2HKO, but Gligar usually gets the Defog off and pops out before Blastoise can do much to it. Unless I predict the switch, Gligar clears webs away like it's nothing.

If you've been reading, Metagross gets me quite well. It's almost guaranteed to remove one of my members. Darmanitan can't find a safe time to come in on it out of fear of Earthquake. If I burn it, I can deal with it. Honchkrow after LO damage can't be eating Bullet Punches like that. It isn't that bad, but it's noteworthy here.

Not limited to these three. Lack of an effective Taunt user means that these guys can set up all over me, and unless I burn Haxorus (it usually shrugs it off with Lum Berry) it goes through a good number of my team. CM Raikou hides from Darmanitan's revenges, and causes me a great deal of stress.

There are other threats no doubt, but I haven't found any yet. Let me know what you think, and please follow the disclaimer that is clearly typed at the start.

Importable
Leasqually (Leavanny) (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swarm

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- X-Scissor

- Sticky Web

- Leaf Blade

- Agility

Pimpkrow (Honchkrow) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Moxie

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Brave Bird

- Sucker Punch

- Roost

- Steel Wing

Florges (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flower Veil

EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Moonblast

- Wish

- Aromatherapy

- Protect

Swagtoise (Blastoise) (F) @ Blastoisinite

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Dark Pulse

- Water Pulse

- Ice Beam

Gourswag (Gourgeist-XL) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Frisk

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Leech Seed

- Will-O-Wisp

- Shadow Sneak

- Seed Bomb

Drakemanitan (Darmanitan) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Sheer Force

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Flare Blitz

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- U-turn

Even tough i'm kind of an OU player i have some experience in UU and i'll try to help. BTW you cant excpect any rates at 2:00am lol

For Leavany go for either Swords Dance or Toxic. Swords Dance allows her to be a powerful sweeper, while Toxic allows her to break down some walls like Gourgeist and force a switch, your pick.

On Honchkrow go for Steel Wing, with all the Fairy-Types, Rock-Types and Ice-Types running around you want a Steel Move on your team.

Nothing wrong with Florges.

Nothing wrong with Blastoise.

On Gourgeist go for Shadow Sneak, no doubt on this one, if you rack up enough damage and you know that a Shadow Sneak will kill, use it. I mean, in that turn something could kill you, so Shadow Sneak to finish things off without worrying about dying is a great thing to have.

On Darmanitan if this was OU you would HAVE to run Stone Edge seriously, but it's UU, so Superpower is the deal, it can do much to things, but it's a nice non recoil thing for revenge killing metagross, since it does 30% on 252+ Def Metagross. As you said, Stone Edge is great for dealing with defoggers, but let's admit, besides Empoleon(which has 30% chance to get OHKOed by Flare Blitz), every single one of the deffogers you liste get OHKOed by Flare Blitz. Crobat gets minimum of 95% damage. It's alot.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, this seems like a pretty cool UU team. I do have a few suggestions though:

The Leavanny set isn't really that important: if it has Sticky Web, you're good to go. Despite this, I think that Baton Pass is the best option in the last slot. It will never be used, but it's a neat momentum move to see if your opponent immediately switches into a Defogger for you to nail.

Honestly, Substitute + 3 Attacks is Honchkrow's best set. It actually finds quite a few opportunities to set up, and works great in tandem with Sucker Punch. As for the last slot, I would use Superpower to nail things like Roar Mega Aggron and Empoleon. Also, Substitute would replace Roost on your set, as Honchkrow gets no opportunities to Roost and doesn't want to do it either due to its bad bulk. Here's the set:

Honchkrow | Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant
Substitute | Sucker Punch | Brave Bird | Superpower

For Ghourgeist's third slot, I would personally use Protect. This is because Ghourgiest really only focuses on stalling opposing Pokemon and gaining more recovery to live more hits, and Protect lets it do both really well. Furthermore, Protect also lets Ghourgeist scout for unsuspected super effective hits on random Pokemon, like Ice Punch on Mega Aggron.

As for Darmanitan, Superpower should really go in the third set. This is because Superpower lets you guarantee the OHKO on Mega Houndoom, which Stone Edge doesn't, and Darmanitan would most likely be forced out even if it went for Stone Edge anyway, so the Attack and Defense drops aren't too bad.

Aside from that, this is a cool team. I hope I helped and good luck with your team over9000chainz ^.^

Damn that Florges art is creepy as shieeeeeet. Anyway besides that, I have a few suggestions. I would suggest Roserade over Leavanny, but since you clearly rely on Sticky Web I'll let that be. For a Spinblocker, might I suggest Froslass over Gourgeist? Famous for being the only spinblocker cabable of setting up entry hazards. I'm not a big UU player, though, so take all this with a grain of salt. I do love Honchkrow and wish your team well, good luck

So, hello!
First of all the Honchkrow. Make it either Sub + 3 Attacks like Rohail suggested or Sub + Roost and 2 offensive moves.
In detail:

Sub + 3 Attacks

Honchkrow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Sub + Roost + 2 Attacks

Honchkrow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch / Night Slash

In addition, run either Superpower or Rock Slide on Darmanitan (Rock Slide is better than stone edge on sheer force Pokemon)

Run Overcoat on Leavanny! It has a sash so you don't want to get damage from weather and change the set to:

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Level: 5
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Leaf Blade / Magic Coat

I hope I helped! :]

I would replace stone edge with rock slide on darmanitan, as it hits just as hard with sheer force, and is far more accurate, I would also suggest A more Physically defensive Florges spread max hp max defense bold, it's un invested is already so high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)