SM Ubers Pikachu Meme Ubers :-)

Hey guys,

As requested by some of you i will publish how to actually pull off some meme strategies. (some would call it fun or troll) I will start with the first team idea : Only use pokemon which profits from a free field and prevent the enemy from setting up hazards. Here the most important thing: Proove that i was 1800+ with this meme :

Example Replay
Example replay 2
Example replay 3

Have Fun trying to use this on your own :-)

Best Regards

:pikuh:

1) The Team

2) The Game Plan

Most of the Meme is incredible weak to the move "Stealth Rocks"
Your opponent if he has some experience will go for it usually on turn 1
Thats actually a good thing since u can predict the opening.

To be honest the most Important sets are the Arceus and the Yveltal. They fullfill the roles of Defog/Wallbreak. I made 4 Teams in the Top 10 using those sets. All other pokemon just support them. Never risk one of them beeing killed with no rly benefical trade.

Here is an example of another cool meme with completely the same Idea: Mono Flying
This reached 1850+ (rank 4 of the Ladder)

3) Description for Each Pokemon

Arceus Ground :

The best way to achieve Hazards beeing removed in my opinion is the god of pokemons as an Anti-Lead. It prevents Hazards from all common Stealth Rock setters like Primal Groudon, Necrozma, Excadrill, Necrozma, Deoxys-Speed. Usually you want to kill pokemon with Stealth Rock first and Defog the turn afterwards.

Note : Weak to Pokemon Threatening to kill it instantly or fast taunt (Kyurem White Choice Scarf)

The Set is used to fullfill exactly that role it is supposed to do. The speed is mostly needed to outspeed Yveltal. The rest of the EVs does the following:

Deoxys-Speed: Judgment/Extreme Speed = (73 - 86.1%)+ (24 - 28.6%)
Necrozma Dusk Mane: Judgment (52 - 61.3%)
Groudon-Primal : Icebeam/Judgmenet (19.6 - 23%) + (77.9 - 92.3%)

The meme should be used as initial switchins to cover the weaknesses to pokemon which usually do not have hazard moves.

Yveltal

Role: Wallbreak/Revenge Kill
Anti Lead to pokemon carrying no Stealth Rocks (mostly opposing yveltals/necrozma/salamence/ho-oh) etc.
Can also remove Necrozma Ultra with Suckerpunch from full Hp

Reason for the Set:

Foul Play for Groudon/Necrozma/Salamence/E-Killer/Ho-oh
Knock Off for Blissey/Ho-oh/Xerneas
Sky Attack Z for Xerneas/Ho-oH/Kyogre/Yveltal
Sucker Punch for Marshadow/Necrozma/(Xern living Sky Z)

252+ Atk Yveltal Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 394-465 (103.9 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Yveltal Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 378-445 (91.9 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Yveltal Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 32 HP / 124 Def Kyogre-Primal: 346-408 (99.1 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Necrozma-Ultra: 344-408 (102.6 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ho-oH

Role: Can switch into Arceus Formes/Xerneas to cover Yveltal and help wallbreaking, Heavily benefits from Defog.
Moves and EVS pretty much Standard Smogon Set so no explaination needed. Only slow because of Trick Room on Mimikyu

Probopass:

The coolest thing is that with sturdy/berry juice you can switch in all attacks even when boosted heavily and trade your pokemon 1/1 while getting stealth rocks up.
If your opponent decides to not attack the turn you switch in you can even trade 2/1
A rly old Set with some adjustments:

Volt Switch for Gengar with taunt; The other problem you face is that this pokemon cannot prevent stealth rocks with this set. So you could predict Necrozma (since it also disables sturdy with sunsteel strike) and volt switch, but usually not worth used it once in my 600+ games.

Weakness:
1)Attacks/Abilities disabling sturdy (Kyurem/Necrozma/Excadrill/Lunala)
2)Substitue

Mimikyu

Same Idea as Probopass, switch in to a pokemon threatening your Arceus/Yveltal/Ho-oh and trade 1/1 with destiny bond getting trick room up for ho-oh (or defog in sticky webs).
This set has the advantage to be able to prevent rocks with taunt after trick room and to kill pokemon behind a sub. So when a pokemon subs on your probopass you are pretty much still in the game.

Keep in mind that you could use this pokemon only to set up trick room for ho-oh and taunt your opponent instead of destiny bonding to make sure you die.

It is lvl 1 to make calculation of how many hits it takes much easier

Pikachu

1) Pikachu is cute,
2) Pikachu is famous
3) The meme is real :-)

Use this set to get experience, it remembers you that it is okay to sacrifice a pokemon.
After changing this set to a useful one you will feel the difference in experience you gained. :-)
Also has some use in checking Cloyster and Smeargle Leads) and lures blissey/ferro/dialga

Attachments

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: reopened

Last edited:
For Pikachu, wouldn't running something other than Focus Punch be better? I saw you were using it against Arceus normal, but I'm not sure if there's many other instances where running Focus Punch over attacks such as Nuzzle or Knock Off is beneficial.

On a side note, I think I versed you (L3mN, a couple days ago), I was also running a meme team and enjoyed the game a lot lol

Hey, thx very much for the Feedback.

you are actually right, nuzzle is a rly good option. You could then make pikachu sash/endeavor to paralyze faster pokemon and bring them to 1 hp. So that nuzzle would also cover the switches.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)