Pets

turtle pic
I used to have one exactly like that. After it grew to a certain size I had to start cleaning its tank daily, which was a real pain, so I gave it away.

I currently have two dogs: a 3-year-old female short-haired miniature Dachshund and a female Boxer, who is 2 years old, I believe. She just had 3 puppies.

Puppies (ignore the incorrect date):

Mother:

Dachshund:

I had three gerbils and an Oscar (best fish ever!) but the gerbils died of old age... my Oscar, Jimmy, got a rare flesh eating virus so we took him to the vet, they gave us four needles to cure it. He was on the road to recovery, but died the day of his last injection, mere hours before he would have gotten the needle.

He was a cool fish, about a foot long, and really friendly. Most fish are skittish and avoid you when you walk by but he actually went out of his way to hang out with people.

I'm allergic to cats and dogs so my pet choices are a little unconventional.

Oh man! I just found out my girlfriend got me a Kitten!

So fucking awesome! It's not at my house yet, but I think my girlfriend is giving it to me on Wednesday. Not sure what to name it, but how fucking cute is this guy (girl...I think).

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
I have two terrapins, both 4 years old, crush, and diva.
One fell down 3 floors onto concrete, and crawled under a sofa during the night, (true story), and he was still alive.
They're just awesome.

I have a female Šarplaninac (SHAR-PLA-NEE-NATZ) who is... I have no idea how old, though she is not young anymore but far from old. Midage I'll say. She is a big baby and loves being rubbed, sctratched, pet, etc., and LOVES attention. She barks like a fucking maniac some nights though which bothers the neighbours. She is massive and people tend to be scared of her because she can be very hyper-active with people, but she just wants a little love. Though, she is also very protective and will maul the fucking shit out of anyone or anything that touches any member of my family. I love her. And her name is Nala (Like from the Lion King). :heart:

Random picture which is not her:
http://www.havanese-kennel.com/gallery map/Goran 012.jpg

2 years ago, I also got a Veiled Chameleon. He is really awesome to watch but gets pissed off quickly at everything (Especially me D:) but when I give him some crickets or a special treat (this weird blue worm he loves) and he gets happy. Believe it or not, he actually can't change to like every color in the color spectrum. It's more like... Green-Yellow to Dark Brown (And all shades between). He sometimes puffs up and hisses at me too... I still love him and he is awesome and everyone who sees him thinks he is cool. His name is Charles Xavier, but everyone calls him Charlie for short. :nerd:

Will upload a picture of him eating later.

Alper: Good contribution. Actually, reptiles use Salmonella in their gut in a similar way to how we use E. Coli in ours (as mammals). While they do have E. Coli as well, they literally do shit out salmonella like we shit out fecal coliform.

It's not as if it permeates their skin, but it is present on them all over the place same as we are essentially covered in E. Coli whether we want to admit it or not. Sliders are abandonned so much that there is 'native' populations growing all over the place from jackasses releasing them. They are prolific breeders.

also many rodents can carry the bubonic plague, as can fleas- and therefore your dog or cat can be a carrier.

I have a chinchilla named Alex, he's about five years old and a bit small as far as chinchillas go. He's really curious and can fit in small spaces; once when I was letting him out of his cage he slipped under the door without me noticing and I had to chase him around the house (chinchillas are really fast.) He'll also beg for treats and sometimes jump off of walls just to show off.

He's a lot of fun, much more so than the guinea pigs we used to have.

I also have a Siberian cat (somewhat hypo-allergenic, my dad is allergic to cats and dogs) named Teddy, who is pretty timid. It doesn't help that my younger siblings chase him around the house, but he's getting less shy.

half cocker spaniel, half poodle, all adorable. I got him last summer, he's two years old now and his name is Bayley.

Syberia and I have lots of pets.
2 Cockatiels, Pidgey and Starly
7 Parakeets Piplup, Cirrus, Marty McFly, Swablu, Teeter, Ash (Syberia calls him gray bird) We had 8 but Lemon passed away last month, he would have been 8 last week.
4 adult leopard geckos Pharis, Sauria, Flare and Bertha
6 baby leopard geckos, 2 albino and 4 regular (hopefully the albinos will live cuz keeping them alive has shone to be very hard)
2 Half moon betta Cresselia and Epsilon
2 vail tail betta named Beta and light
1 double tail betta named Eta
1 Short fin betta named zeta
1 female betta names crown
1 aquatic frog named Politoad

We also have a fish tank with a five inch Jack Dempsey Cichild, Albino Red Zebra Cichlid, Albino Convict Cichlid, Electric Yellow Cichlid, Aries Tetra, Albino algea eater, an unknown catfish and baby bass.

We did own 3 rats and 2 mice and a Fire bellied toad named heatran before we were forced to do an emergency move and homes had to be found for half of our pets.

I also work at Petco so if anyone ever has any questions on most any form of pet care I should be able to answer. I do a lot of reasearch on cat and dog food if anyone ever wants to know anything about pet food.

About the baby turtles, the babys are more likely to carry samonella then the adults are. The baby turtles are also extreamly hard to take care of and most die because people buying them do not know how to properly care for them. Turtles need natural sun light or a UVB bulb or they will get some really bad and awful to see bone issues. Also people keep them in too small of tanks with very little water and then wonder why the turtle died.

I have a dog, an American cocker spaniel, she's adorable, but old, about ten years old, and cocker spaniels are quite prone to disease. Rosie (my dog) has Cushings disease, which is basically a tumour on her pituitary gland, so her steriods are all out of wack, she's always hungry and thirsty. She'll pretty much do anything for food, and eat anything. She once chewed through my suitcase to get at some chocolate I had in there. It's very sad.

The salmonella deal is that it has little to no ill effects on reptiles, so you usually don't even know whether your turtle has it or not. Except you know, the bacteria lives inside the animal. So if you don't drink the water on your slider's aquarium (where its feces contain the bacteria) or try to eat him or perform oral sex for him it's likely nothing's going to happen.

PETA just wants to show the poor sliders as Great Unclean Ones or something. When you see a turtle, get the fuck out! They eat death and shit plague.

If you are going to fear from something that has practically no chance of affecting you, fear bats. Those fuckers can actually shit rabies on you. Yes. Airborne rabies. One step closer to the zombie apocalypse.
LMAO @ the bolded...

lexite keeping albino leos alive isn't any harder than keeping normals alive. It's probably some flaw with your care, or you bought from a shoddy breeder who inbreeds and they have some genetic problems. That being said, herpetoculture and the vast majority of its fans are quite stalwart in their ignorance, stupidity and irresponsibility.

lexite keeping albino leos alive isn't any harder than keeping normals alive. It's probably some flaw with your care, or you bought from a shoddy breeder who inbreeds and they have some genetic problems. That being said, herpetoculture and the vast majority of its fans are quite stalwart in their ignorance, stupidity and irresponsibility.
Albinos do have special needs a lot of the time but no, this actually it is most likely the breeder if I have been able to keep the normal ones alive and not the albinos. I know that albinoism doesnt affect the dificulty of raising them, I was just saying that it has been a challange lately. But I have had normal geckos grow up just fine but I havent gotten an albino to do the same so yes it is harder. However I think I finally found some good ones, I have had them for over 2 months now and they are alive and are eating and doing quite well. And the vast majority of herp breeders and fans are not flawed and ignorant. I know many that take excelent care of their herps and raise them very well and are capable of breeding them. The breeders that do it for a prophet are offten flawed but the amature ones are not and all and a lot of fans are very good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)