OU Theorymon (CHALLENGE FORMAT ON PS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I touched upon while it was slated is that an interesting thing about Rotom-S's buff that isn't necessarily clear at first is that due to how effective it is, it could create a big opportunity cost for Rotom-W to a much greater extent than Rotom-H does in OU.
I would like to ask people who have played this meta so far to what extent this holds true? Is it as effective and interesting as we thought it would be; and do you find yourself considering it over Rotom-W occasionally in the teambuilding process?

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is there any chance we can get a room in Showdown for this? I've been having trouble finding people to battle to test a few teams. The battles I've had have been pretty cool though, it's great to see the actual theorymon work done in the past coming into fruition and it being successful :toast:

EV

Banned deucer.
Is there any chance we can get a room in Showdown for this? I've been having trouble finding people to battle to test a few teams. The battles I've had have been pretty cool though, it's great to see the actual theorymon work done in the past coming into fruition and it being successful :toast:
No just talk about it in OMs or OU, depending on if those rooms feel up for it.

Here is a core which I used in my 1st couple round of the Theorymon Mini Tour. I'm sharing this as I appear to be the only one using Technician Mega Abomasnow and I wanna try out some different teams as the tournament comes to a close. But seriously guys, use Technician Mega Abomasnow. Epic unique STABs, Great Priority, Ridiculous nuke, good bulk, and strong mixed offenses.

+
+ Sand Stream

This is a sand balance core using Technician Mega Abomasnow to take out Excadrill's checks and counters for a smooth Sand Rush sweep.
Thanks to its unique STABs, Abomasnow is able to hits the vast majority of Excadrill switch ins super effectively, including Gliscor, Landorus-T, (Mega)Slowbro, Rotom-W, Hippowdon, Chesnaught, Mandibuzz, Quagsire, Alomomola, Tangrowth, Zapdos, Gourgeist and Salamence. While still comfortably being able to KO Gyarados, Mew and Skarmory. Leaving only Mega Scizor and Bronzong yet to be checked. This means that double switching from Excadrill to Mega Abomasnow as the opponent brings in an Excadrill check will often result in the opponent having either one less Excadrill check, or some extremely crippled pokemon feeling sorry for itself because it had to tank a Technician boosted Frost Breath.
In return, Excadrill provides hazard removal for Mega Abomasnow allowing it come in far more frequently. Excadrill also uses its ground STAB to take Fire and Steel types that wall Abomasnow's STABs (though Mega Abomasnow carries EQ itself to punish the inevitable Heatran switch ins).

So in short; Excadrill takes out all the Ice resists, Mega Abomasnow spams Frost Breath and such to murder all the Excadrill checks and nuke everything to low health, then you set up Sand and sweep with Sand Rush Excadrill.

I haven't talked much about the Sand Stream user because honestly it isn't important. You can feel free to use Hippowdon, Tyranitar or Cradily (I used Cradily of course cause theorymon hype). Though, I'd probably recommend Hippowdon so that you aren't just stacking on more Fighting weaknesses which you'll have to cover up later.

Partners:
This core greatly appreciates a strong Fire type pokemon to kill steal type that aren't weak to Ground, particularly Mega Scizor and Bronzong, as they can often wall this core pretty hard.
Ghost types and fighting resists are mandatory as both of these pokemon draw in and are destroyed by fighting types.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Frost Breath
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)