Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
yuruuu has won Round 23 with his team 3. Team is now in hall of fame. I'd like to thank everyone for continued participation and want to remind you all to feel free to talk about the core / concept in question in terms of how it should be built upon, what to take into account, etc.

Let's kick off Round 24.

Round 24 Core: Mega Latias + Togekiss

Enjoy.

you belong with me (Latias) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power

make it to me (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

you found me (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

photograph (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

she will be loved (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

let her go (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Nice bulky core here, gives quite a bit of problems for balance teams to handle. I started by adding Heatran to the core, which I knew would work well here. I went on to add Keldeo to help with things like Bisharp and Tyranitar, then added a Gengar to help with stall teams, and rounded off with Raikou for momentum and not lose automatically to Electrics, as Mega Latias alone could get worn down very very easily. I replaced Raikou with Rotom-W after some testing, as I thought that the team was way too weak to Sand teams. With Rotom-W, the build seemed to be tending towards a more balanced build. It was also very very weak to Mega Metagross. As such, I decided to replace Gengar with Gourgeist-XL, a very niche choice. With the addition of Gourgeist-XL, I decided to try replacing Keldeo with Tyranitar to break stall teams as well as Pursuit trap things like Hoopa-U which if given multiple switch ins would get a kill every time. At this point, I was mostly done with the build. However, the team was very weak to things like Bisharp and Charizard-X. A ground type was needed, but I liked that Rock typing, as Rotom-W alone gets worn down by Mega Pinsir, especially as I don't have recovery outside of Leftovers. I decided against Hippowdon, and went with Rhyperior because it looked better, and just stopped physical threats better.

Choice Scarf Heatran was chosen, as I needed some form of speed control on such a slow team. Rhyperior has Toxic for Azumarill, which is pretty dangerous, as Gourgeist-XL cannot outspeed unless I drop tons of bulk, and I only have Rotom-W, so I wanted to be able to lure it. The team basically aims to spread status and eventually set up with Mega Latias. I know that Gourgeist-XL without spikes is very weird - I heavily considered some other options, like Chesnaught (thanks SunnyORAS), Klefki, etc - but I didn't like it after testing it.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

- Latias CM stored power is so cool and works really well with his bulk and cool speed. Tbolt for general coverage and megaGyara. Max def to be surprinsingly bulky+takes better pursuit.
- Togekiss NP to break stall.
- Ferrothorn to have a dragon/fairy/steel core because it sounds cool. Twave to support team (mainly togekiss air slashes) and cripple really annoying mons for the team like megaZam.
- Keldeo restalk to counter dark spam (mainly weavile and bisharp who run through the team without keldeo).
- Tyranitar scarf for some annoying birds mainly.
- Excadrill to have hazard control + better speed control + he's a cool mon with all those scars.

And that's it :pimp:

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 160 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

I thought with something like Mega Latias+Togekiss, the obvious way to go would be spike stacking balance.Hippowdon, and Ferrothorn get hazards on to the field, while Togekiss breaks stall with the NP/Air Slash/Bell set, while the Thunder Wave/Stun Spore spam from Rotom-W/MLatias/Ferrothorn cripple offensive teams, which allows Togekiss at some point to put in work even versus those squads. Keldeo, is just here so that I'd have something fast, that's able to exploit the hazards that have been laid on the field and the fact that it gives me an extra sharp check so that Hippowdon isn't overly pressured really helps. The team basically has ways to deal with most play styles, but does have trouble have trouble with some balance breakers like KyuB,MCross, and MMedi. The status spam also helps Keldeo just rip into teams, that have been chipped away at enough.

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

So first off i have the core M-Latias + Togekiss then i wanted to cover its weaknesses by adding good teammates. First off was Keldeo because it can switch into Bisharp , Weavile and its stabs Steel , Ice , and Dark which gives this core trouble. Then Stuff like Talonflame, Clefable , Gardevior, M-Venusaur, etc Give this team trouble so i thought heatran would a perfect pokemon to help the team out resisting Fairy , Poison, Flying , Grass , Fire , Ice, etc. this also gives us our rocks. next was Gliscor because i needed something that can help vs stall and a bulky ground with recovery. Gliscor fits this perfectly. Next up is Ferrothorn. i wanted another water resist and spikes along with Utility. and another steel because those fairy and psychc types can get out of hand lol. next i will explain the sets

Mega-Latias has its CM Bolt-Beam set which has great coverage. Timid Nature . 248 HP ,68 Def , and 192 Speed to outspeed max speed garchomp.
Next is Togekiss. I chose to run a defog set because hazards on my side can be hurtful to my team and pressure me. I don't think a nasty plot set is needed because my SD Gliscor + Support + Hazards from my team members already can handle fat teams. Bold Nature. 248 HP, 240 Def, 20 speed to not get 2 hit ko'ed by latios's Psyshock even after rocks. 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Togekiss: 129-152 (34.5 - 40.7%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. And 20 speed ev's to outspeed M-Venusaur if needed.
Next is Keldeo which is our Dark , Steel , Ice Resistance pokemon. and speed control pokemon being able to outspeed a lot of the meta with its scarf. I Choose the scarf set because this team lacked speed which was bad so i put a scarf on to outspeed pokemon that danger this team and could late game sweep.
Next up is Heatran. its SpD Set fits on this team being able to put on rocks, switch into Talonflame, Ferrothorn , Clefable , and M-Venusaur pretty safely while being able to toxic and taunt stuff and burn pokemon with lava plume. Next is Gliscor with EQ , Roost , SD , and Stone egde. This SD set can be very good vs certain balance and stall teams and being a status absorber. Stone edge can catch people off guard when they think their Talonflame, Togekiss etc are safe and you just surprise them with those flying stones. Last is Ferrothorn for the support. Leech seed for recovery , Spikes, Knock Off to take away a pokemon's Item, and Gyro Ball

This team has 3 win conditions. Set up hazards. Weaken the other teams pokemon then Late Game Sweep with CM M-Latias or Scarf keldeo or win with Gliscor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)