SM OU OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i'm new to competitive battling not very good at making but have won a few battles with this one, I tried to built around salamence and scizor as they are very offensive and I have been told very good OU choices.
I would really appreciate any support or advice given to help this team out thanks.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Spore
- Energy Ball

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Air Cutter
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

You're lacking a Z-move user, and Flying is a much better offensive type than Dragon, so give Salamence Fly over Outrage, and change the item to the Flying Z Crystal. Also consider replacing Fire Blast with Fire Fang, to make better use of Dragon Dance and Moxie.

Banded Scizor isn't as good as Mega Scizor, but you also have Mega Ttar, so I guess it's fine.

Spore isn't really all that great with how prevalent Tapu Koko and Fini are, so consider using replacing it with Sludge Bomb or Stomping Tantrum. Since you have Regenerator for recovery, you could also drop Black Sludge and Synthesis for Assault Vest, and run both Sludge and Stomp. I'd also swap out Energy Ball for Giga Drain, because the extra healing is nice.

I'd personally run Flamethrower over Fire Blast on Volcanion, but that's just me.

Mega Ttar looks fine.

Zapdos needs some serious work. Ancient Power and Air Cutter are useless, so replace them with Defog and Roost. Defog because your team is fairly Rock weak and so would really appreciate the removal of Stealth Rocks, and Roost to keep Zapdos healthy so it can remove hazards throughout the match. Also replace Thunderbolt with Discharge for that juicy 30% chance to spread the yellow color. You could also swap out Pressure for Static for even more paralysis spreading, but that's mostly up to personal preference. Finally, make it physically defensive to better check threats like Hawlucha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)