SM OU Ou Team. Some help?

Hi guys! I built this with the help of some friends, but I feel like it's still not quite perfect, so I'm here to ask you more expert people to lend me a hand in improving the team. This is the full team: https://pokepast.es/2a48c2c0eefd4ad...s5PNqyjBWgfXqA1g5g1KjA1ACXlaaATnCuf3V5Kq410FI

Scarf protein greninja is a great lead, allowing me to One hit KO landorus if it's stupid enough to stay in, or simply u-turn on an unfavorable lead into something that can put me in a better position. Gunk shot is to deal with tapus and also One hit KO serp, whereas ice beam doesn't. The 80 in special attack is to one hit KO scarfed kartana. It's an amazing revenge-killer, able to also kill volcarona in one hit with rock-slide. It's a bit frail, but the rest of the team kinda makes up for it. Was thinking if I should use water shuriken, since I don't have priority on this team, but I wouldn't know where to fit it.

Ash Frog (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Garchomp is my stealth rocker and also my wallbreaker. It's crazy good right now, with his great speed and amazing attack, it sets up rocks in the face of lots of mons, and with an SD kills most things with either earthquake or stone edge. The one thing I don't like about it is that it's easily revenged by scarfers, and stone edge, being stone edge, tends to miss a lot. It's the Z move user of the team, and provides a ground type kinda needed for both gren and tapu fini, being weak to electric.

Lo Squalo III (Garchomp) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is a specially defensive wall with leftovers for longevity, lava plum to spread burns, earth power for pex and other trans, and protect to get that hawlucha bird crashing, or simply getting another round of lefties and toxic on the opponent. It's a great serp counter, even tho it lacks power sometimes. It's a great pivot into scarf protein greninja, and it provides a great fairy resist for the team, which really needs it with 3 mons being weak to fairy. I used to run rocks instead of earth power, but then switched that to Garchomp.

Vesuvio (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earth Power

This mon, i particulary love. It outspeeds non scarfed lando, kart, garchomp, and can kill them all in one hit. Thunderbolt is to avoid being walled by heatran and pex, calm mind allows it to basically become unkillable on the special side, barring an unfortunate crit, and roost is for longevity. I used to run hp fighting, because that hits heatran for super effective damage and also chansey, but thunderbolt is way a better option most of the times. I don't like missing, so that's why there's no thunder here. Max health is to make it even more bulky. At full this beast is able to live a plus 6 leaf storm from serp, and the one super effective move kart has to hit it is knock off, which of course isn't as good 'cause no item.

Jet (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Ash greninja exists, so I had to make this my second special wall. Moonblast can kill that frog back after it has tried to kill one of this girl's teammates, and scald is to hurt heatran, and spread some burns. With leftovers it recovers some hp, it's also the designated defogger of the team. I used to run defog on latias, but changed it with thunderbolt, so now I have to predict when toxic spikes are going up, to ensure that I can defog them away without getting poisoned. I would LOVE to have aromatherapy or heal bell on this team, because of all the hax goin' around, but I don't know who to put it on, or who I should change in order to get it. This mon can get outstalled tho, it's only good against offensive mons.

Vedova nera (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze

I needed a phys wall and a strong mega swamper team. This boi destroys seismitoed, mega pert, and quagsire. Knock off is a must have, and I thought it fit just nice on him. Giga drain allows recovery and kinda makes up for the lack of leftovers. I use rocky helmet to stop jirachi from haxing me, and in general to punish u-turn and physical moves. Sludge bomb is sometimes more useful than giga drain, for example if I'm up against a fairy type mon. I have thought about switching it to earthquake tho. Hidden power fire is because this mon calls in hazard setters like ferro, and hp fire is useful against them.

Spaghetti Genovesi (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Overall, Me and the buddies I made this team with think it's a good team, but it could definately use some imrpovement. What I'm trynna go for is a bulky team with good synergy and a couple of strong, offensive mons to close up the game. I'll be very happy with any sort of advice :)
Also, please excuse my mispelling and general mistakes, I'm not a mother-tongue.

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
Love these types of balances (if you look at my post history you’ll see why lol). But this is honestly a great team that definitely deserves more recognition imo. Keep it up!

Edit: Aside from a few EV spreads(personal preference), moves on Lati (also varies person to person) and me preferring spikes > gunk shot on gren, this team is great as is.

Last edited:
Love these types of balances (if you look at my post history you’ll see why lol). But this is honestly a great team that definitely deserves more recognition imo. Keep it up!

Edit: Aside from a few EV spreads and moves on Latias (which I just happen to prefer and CM mega Latis moves are super customizable anyways) this team is great as is.
Thank you for your comment :) what about those spreads you're talking about?
Also, how can I view someone's post history?

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
Oh the spreads aren’t anything super important really, I just prefer some speed on fini (68 speed and 168 spdef) and on tran I usually prefer 208 spdef and 48 speed. Not a huge deal. I forgot to mention, your team does need a defogger, I HIGHLY suggest putting taunt > haze on Tapu Fini. This helps with Toxapex, bulky Heatran so they can’t spam rocks and plenty of other stuff (I didn’t see it while going over the team the first couple of times my b)

To view post history just click on someone’s name and get to there profile.

Edit: I said defog > haze the first time...

Fini is the defogger, are you suggesting to have another one or do I just use taunt on fini instead of haze? Haze is good tho. It stops lots of calm minders from doing damage. The Heatran spread I might change. More bulk is always a good thing and I don't plan to outspeed a lot anyway

Name of the team? :3 (I'm ITA, Heatran's nickname kills me AHAHAHAH)
I'm italian as well :) The team doens't have a specific name, if I had to name it something I'd probably call it "Raduno all'italiana". Italian nicknames are there for a reason!

I was thinking about changing garchomp to a Komo-o, because it sometimes lacks the speed I need in order to kill some threats, so Komo-o with his z becomes a way bigger threat. I would lack earthquake tho.

Mambo Salentino (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat

Oh the spreads aren’t anything super important really, I just prefer some speed on fini (68 speed and 168 spdef) and on tran I usually prefer 208 spdef and 48 speed. Not a huge deal. I forgot to mention, your team does need a defogger, I HIGHLY suggest putting taunt > haze on Tapu Fini. This helps with Toxapex, bulky Heatran so they can’t spam rocks and plenty of other stuff (I didn’t see it while going over the team the first couple of times my b)

To view post history just click on someone’s name and get to there profile.

Edit: I said defog > haze the first time...
I'm still thinking about changing something because the team either lacks physical prowess or I'm just not able to pilot it as good as I should.

https://pokepast.es/b5abe1447834c03f

https://pokepast.es/fdef7e0ac0fe5c1a

So these two are a different version of the team, utilizing Komo-o and a more offensive garchomp, having switched rocks on heatran. The garchomp version has Outrage just to hit extremely hard aftr a swords dance if I don't feel like missing with stone edge, whereas the Komo-o version needs to have rocks on tran because otherwise it doens't have stealth rocks at all, since I can't fit any move on Komo-o.
I also switched sludge bomb on tangrowth with leech seed. It provides reliable recovery, and sludge bomb wasn't killing the tapus anyway, so I didn't find any use in carrying it. The Komo-o version does miss a ground type and earthquake, but once I get behind a sub, with salac and plus 6 attack, the game is pretty much over regardless of rocks. Still, I'm posting these because I would love suggestions. As you can see I also changed the fini spread to have it outspeed and taunt difficult mons to deal with.

I hope this doesn't count as spam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)