Other OU Team Building Competition V2 - Round 2 (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre-mega gyara beats SD Scizor, with intimidate, and it resists every common move it has.
Waterfall only has a chance to 3HKO unboosted standard 252 HP M-Scizor, meaning it needs to boost to get past Roost. Assuming it switches in as Scizor SD's, Scizor can get a second boost as Gyara DD's, then Bullet Punch for an easy 2HKO, avoiding the risk of a flinch. It'll lose ~50% of its health doing it, but it still wins easily - and from that point it easily sweeps the rest of the team.

Voting for Halcyon btw, it's just the clearest expression of the cores offensive strategy.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Voting for Halcyon. Probably the best-built team (although I'm not a huge fan of Sash Breloom on Sand offense), and does a pretty good job at allowing Mega Gyarados to sweep late-game.
EDIT: Shoutout to Dice for my second favorite team, and also for yet another way to fuck with Nog =]

Last edited:
Halcyon.

Edit to rest my conscience and confirm that I am not bandwagoning: Halcyon's team shows how cohesive two prominent metagame threats can be, and keeps the opponent guessing in the regard of the team's roles, which won't be revealed until mid game without some uncommonly deft plays, or sacrifice.

The lack of a dedicated status absorber works to the team's advantage at face value; the opponent thinks "oh look, a Restalk Gyarados meant to take the stage after Ferrothorn is dead, better be careful" or, in rarer cases "Poison Heal Breloom, damn, better not spam WoW"

The defensive mind games are being played while the user of the team delicately shows their hand, either causing havoc I with Loom as a lead (accruing valuable speed drops) or luring Aegislash in to get you what basically amounts to free Stealth Rock via TTar on the following turn's switch. T Tar's introduction shows how lovely the team pivots around him and the sand; by turn 5 you're ready for just about any opponent, and due to how much of the meta TTar threatens, you can almost bet that it's something you're prepared for.

Sorry to gush, I just love this team. I will only say that a healthy Ferrothorn remains something of a nuisance, as Goth often takes substantial residual damage through hazards + sand + suicidal SeedTecting, but such is life.

Last edited:
Forgot to set a deadline so I shall right now. Tomorrow at midnight EST so anyone who wants to vote can until then.

OMG YOUR USING MY CORE :3 :3 :3

Halcyon

Also, Halcyon, i would go with Stone Edge > Ice Fang, since it takes out Kyurem-B. Goth traps Chesnaught and Mega Venasaur.

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMG YOUR USING MY CORE :3 :3 :3

Halcyon

Also, Halcyon, i would go with Stone Edge > Ice Fang, since it takes out Kyurem-B. Goth traps Chesnaught and Mega Venasaur.
Ice Beam is for Gliscor and to surprise Landorus-T, because the rest of the team really doesn't like them too much Fire Blast also works in that spot though because unless Goth can trap Ferrothorn, I have quite a few issues with Ferrothorn.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Dice

Dice's team is the literal definition of cancer, AIDs, and world hunger combined, it's disgusting to face and I fully respect him for that.

Nah In all seriousness it's a solid team with a back breaking-ly difficult core to handle along with the bitch known as AIDsScor. Good job

Ice Beam is for Gliscor and to surprise Landorus-T, because the rest of the team really doesn't like them too much Fire Blast also works in that spot though because unless Goth can trap Ferrothorn, I have quite a few issues with Ferrothorn.
I meant on gyarados

You see all these names would been have spammed Terrakion if I made the deadline. Going for my main mang Dice

Halcyon

And now the results for round 1:

Halcyon. - 15
Dice - 8
Clair - 1

[5/28/2014 3:32:09 PM] dice: i always win these
[5/28/2014 3:32:19 PM] dice: i have a 100% win rate
[5/28/2014 3:32:22 PM] dice: no joke
[5/28/2014 3:32:28 PM] dice: whenever i enter
[5/28/2014 3:32:44 PM] dice: but then again i never enter,,
[5/28/2014 3:32:52 PM] dice: i won 3 of em in bw

3-1 NOW! UR DUN SUN! Congrats Halcyon. you deserve it more than Dice :]]]]]]]]]]]]

We are going to try something a little different this week. Everyone will still PM me their teams for approval, but instead of using a core we will be using only one Pokemon. This way we are less restricting and can see a variety of teams and play styles. Seeing as Hyper Offense is the dominating play style atm, we are going to be building around Mega Alakazam who absolutely tears apart offensive teams if it can trace the right abilities. Also I went with an underrated mon like zam so it would be an actual challenge and not some cookie cutter HO standard af team that is everywhere. Happy team building and laddering everyone!

Deadline is June 12!

Last edited:

Teambuilding Process (+ Description)

Well Nog made me use this shit. I really hate Mega Alakazam but whatever. Apparently according to him, it rips through other Hyper Offense so I figured lets build a Alakazam Hyper Offense and win in six turns. Next, what's Hyper Offense without DeoSharp? Added that so I wanted to use Thundurus with Bisharp as they are a good offensive combo. Tadah, Excadrill was born, as we needed a spinner to support Thundurus while also being able to outspeed Talonflame and revenge kill other things. I finished off with another wallbreaker in Knock Off Landorus as it basically fucks every stall known to mankind. gg.

@ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Psyshock is main STAB hitting Mega Venusaur, and other things for super hard damage. It is reliable to break through fragile things as well. Shadow Ball is coverage moves for things like Aegislash so I can at least hit it. Also used for other ghost types (what other ghost types other than smogon sword <_>-- OH and Lati@s). Focus Blast allows me to hit Steel types and Tyranitar instead of being forced to switch and possibly get rekt'd by Pursuit. Taunt helps me as it stops the other Pokemon from either recovering, defogging, or setting up any hazard while Mega Alakazam is out.

@ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 28 Atk / 228 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Spikes
- Taunt

Standard Deoxys-D set. 28 Attack EVs + Superpower guarantees an OHKO on Bisharp to prevent me from being set up fodder. Taunt is for other Deoxys-D / S that Taunt me, and Stealth Rock and Spikes is for hazard stacking as they give me KOs with moves after hazards. Also baits Defog which is good for Bisharp (Point of DeoSharp, duh!)

@ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Standard Bisharp set. Pursuit over Swords Dance to trap Aegislash and Lati@s. Also other weakened things that tend to switch out on Bisharp. Black Glasses is because I still get the same 2HKOs with +2 Iron Head and the big dommage with Knock Off. So no more per turn damage. I used Jolly because Mega TTar won't outspeed and I can hit it with Iron Head before it either DD or OHKO me with Earthquake.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thunderbolt is main STAB breaking through anything that is weak to it. Superpower allows me to OHKO TTar, Excadrill, and Bisharp. Hidden Power Ice is the coverage getting Gliscor, Landorus-T / I / Garchomp etc. to not wall Thundurus. Thunder Wave helps me against faster things when Alakazam hasn't evolved yet such as Greninja.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Using Scarf Excadrill seemed skeptical at first but whatever. Earthquake main STAB and is strong as all fucks, and Iron Head hits fairies and levitating rock types (huh?) and Rock Slide hits flying types that doesn't resist Iron Head or isn't x4 to Rock(namely Talonflame / Char Y / Pinsir) Rapid Spin is when Excadrill is near death and a fast Rapid Spin is helpful. Locking myself into Rapid Spin isnt run though. Not at all.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Standard wall breaking set. Knock Off fucks Stall by making them losing their item. Earth Power is main STAB and Focus Blast breaks through Skarmory. Psychic hits things such as Gengar and Mega Venusaur. Did I mention that it breaks Balloons which lets Landorus Earth Power the next turn?

Anyways there you have it. Nog, like Dice said, if I don't win it's rigged. :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)