OU Pokemon Previews - Index, Rules, and Reservations

I'd love to do an analysis on Wigglytuff, as I see it as having some potential given that Sticky Web is a thing and there are plenty of Intimidate users. Competitive is just the thing for it, but am unsure if it's a good idea. So used to it having nothing at all........

I'd like to do a page on Vileplume, as it turns out that it has a pretty decent typing in this metagame. Not only that, but it got a buff in the form of an extra 110 special attack.

Yanmega is another I'd like to do, as it has very respectable stats and can even carry Assault Vest to cover for its special defense issues, should it need it. The buff to defog also allows this thing to shine.

Naturally, both of these need to be added to the list.....

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ckarasu As a word of caution, please actually test out those Pokemon before making skeletons for them or requesting them, since your arguments for them getting previews are, quite frankly, hardly convincing at the moment. "Naturally," small buffs shouldn't make a Pokemon deserving of an analysis unless it is, in some way, actually significant in terms of how it's played.

Epikhairz

Anything goes
Can Rhyperior be added to reservations for me to reserve? Not only does it hard-counter Talonflame and Aegislash (among others), it can also hit hard and has a (somewhat niche) spot in the OU meta as a defensive hard hitter

Ckarasu As a word of caution, please actually test out those Pokemon before making skeletons for them or requesting them, since your arguments for them getting previews are, quite frankly, hardly convincing at the moment. "Naturally," small buffs shouldn't make a Pokemon deserving of an analysis unless it is, in some way, actually significant in terms of how it's played.
Oh, most certainly. When I said naturally, I meant that they'd need to be on the list before I could even think about doing either of them. That's how the process works, right?

AccidentalGreed

Oh, most certainly. When I said naturally, I meant that they'd need to be on the list before I could even think about doing either of them. That's how the process works, right?
Mmmm. Partly right. We could be convinced, but the majority of Pokemon in there were determined to have an actual impact. So yeah. Convince. If you've already tested prior.

AccidentalGreed

Also, apologies for the double post, but this is pretty important that I have to bump this up again:

We decided that all fully evolved Kalos-native Pokemon should receive an analysis of some sort in order to get a feel of what they can do, whether in an OU environment or not. Therefore, I have updated the unreserved section and added the following:

Slurpuff
Pyroar
Meowstic-F
Meowstic-M
Dedenne
Aromatisse
Gourgeist-L

(and yes, we are perfectly aware that in the future, there will be old Pokemon that exist to outclass these Pokemon, such as Infernape > Pyroar, and Clefable > Slurpluff)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)