[OU] Jurassic Park Team Mark II

Jurassic Park's game warden, Robert Muldoon​
Hi, and welcome to Mark II of my first RMT! Here we have what is effectively a midrange team -- which it is, for the most part -- but it is fun to use as well. My Initial idea was to maximise type advantage and minimise type disadvantage as much as possible and to do this by gaining through switch ins. I also wanted two pokemon that could at least be seen to be leads to make my opponent starting making important decisions as early on as possible. Now for the more detailed look:​
Jolteon @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Volt Switch​
- Signal beam​
- Hidden Power Ice​
- Thunderbolt​
Jolteon the least likely pokemon to be found in Jurassic park and the only pokemon in this party that isn't on the OU threat list; so more likely the prey than the predator. None of that means Jolteon doesn't belong here, it adds the very important electric type to the party and one of my 'set' lead out pokemon. Thunderbolt, HP Ice and Signal beam provide great coverage and Volt switch allows me to gain incremental advantages ith switch ins.​
Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
Skarmory the velociraptor esq pokemon. Skarmory is pretty much set up the same way as one half of the SkarmBliss core and is used to wall my opponent. Brave bird is important to not be ruined by a Taunt. I think Roost and Whirlwind is pretty self explanatory. The big difference is Toxic>Spikes which im currently debating whether to switch too so i would appreciate any opinions on this minor point​
Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
Mamoswine the mammoth obviously, is set up in a prettywell rounded way to be able to handle numerous situations. Icicle crash and Earthquake allow it to 2HKO pretty much anything it likes and Focus sash gives it a very big possibility that it will. Starmies rapid spin has great importance to Mamoswine to make the most of Focus sash. Stealth rock allows more incremental damage accross the team and finally the most important move of them all, Ice shard. The priority move pretty much guarantees a KO for Mamoswine every game. Mamoswine is the physical sweeper in the party and probably the best pokemon for the job​
Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Finally we get to the T-rex of the group and the 'T' stands for Tank because this is exactly what it does. One of its most important roles in the team is to switch in against rain teams to stem the rain fall and try put the match back on equal footing. The move set provides very good coverage and a lot of problems for my opponent to think about. My only question here is whether it should be Super power or Low kick, thoughts?​
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 76 SAtk / 180 HP
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- ThunderPunch
- U-turn
The Fire Monkey, the Mixed attackers of the party. The great move pool and great stats allow it to run havoc if it goes unchecked. Thunder punch creates some redundancy for Jolteon but also provides a weapon against flying types that Infernape is inherently weak against. Finally U-turn provides further incremental advantage with switch ins

Starmie @ Choice Specs​
Trait: Natural Cure​
EV's: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe​
Nature: Timid​
- Rapid Spin​
- Surf​
- Ice beam​
- Psychic​
The final piece to my puzzle, Starmie the offensive rapid spinner and the special sweeper of the team. Rapid spin is important to the team because it allows Skarmory and Mamoswine to make the most of Sturdy and Focus sash respectively. Thanks to choice specs and its offensive move pool Starmie is able to keep a check on nearly every pokemon in the game​
There we have it Game warden Robert Muldoon's Pokemon party​
What do we all think of it?​

Delko said:
When making an RMT please follow these simple rules:
#1 Don't post incomplete teams;
#2 Have at least three lines of information about each pokemon;
#3 Only make one new rmt per two weeks, additionally don't "bump" your team more then once;
#4 Use a readable format (PO or PS importable are good) and layout (no annoying fonts, colors etc);
#5 Make sure your team is competitive (no troll teams etc), also make sure to have tested it before making an rmt.​
Also, put maybe sprites to help make your pokemon stand out better, and also don't have them be that special font color, it's hard to read and the formal / layout is kind of out of the ordinary.

I like the team analogies to football, but I feel like your team doesn't really flow as a baton pass team. You just simply pass to one poke, instead of passing to your entire team. Your team also needs Stealth Rock, who I'd recommend on Tyranitar over Crunch or Pursuit. Also on Tyranitar, I'd run Ice Beam or Fire Blast > Superpower to help hit either Skarm / Scizor / Forretress or Dragons and Gliscor harder, and change the nature to Sassy. Skarmory does not need lum berry, I'd recommend putting Leftovers / Shed Shell / Rocky Helmet on it instead to either to recover every turn, or to help deal out damage to pokes who try to hit your skarm. Or if you don't want to give T-tar Stealth Rocks, give it to your Skarmory.

I have taken on some of your suggestions and have now updated my first post to represent this. Only if i could modify the title of thread too :(

Delko EDIT: fixed it for you ;)

So i have been playing this a lot on Showdown and have blasted past my PB on the ladder and just keep climbing. I have made 2 changes though that have made a big difference

Tentacruel>Starmie

Tentacruel @ Black sludge
Trait: Rain dish
EVs: 252 HP/ 32 Def / 224 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Ice beam
Tentacruel has now become #1 Lead pokemon, laying down entry hazards, creating status effects and more times than not takes down an opponents pokemon too. Rapid Spin is still in the team because it is crucial to get the most out of Skarmorys sturdy and Mamoswines Focus sash. Ice beam should be pretty self explanatory because it provides great coverage and scald>surf for the chance of burn.
Thundurus-T>Jolteon

Thundurus-T @ Expert belt
Trait: Volt absorb
EVs: 252 Spe/ 4 Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Timid
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus blast
Honestly, Jolteon just wasnt pulling enough weight for the way i play. Which is a shame its one of my favourite pokemon. Anyway Thundurus is a beast and originally had Agility over grass knot but then i played around with DracoNinja's Draconic Punishment team and just loved this set ups coverage. Grass knot is my 1 answer to Rotom-W which before hand i struggled against. Thunderbolt and HP Ice is the pseudo bolt beam and focus blast smashes the steel types that pose a problem to my team and all the more so thanks to expert belt boosting its power.
There we have it, do you think this team looks even better now?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, you can make your team exponentially better with just a few changes.

First of all, always maximize hp on skarmory on any defensive set. It's going to be the most efficient way for you to take hits. You can just swap the evs from your defense and hp. You should also give it Stealth rock > Toxic and replace Stealth Rock on Mamoswine for a coverage move (stone edge/superpower) or endeavor.

Secondly you should run analytic on starmie over natural cure. It allows you to hit pokemon on the switch and priority users for major damage. With your volturn core helping deal some extra damage you can score a lot of 2hkos you otherwise wouldn't have gotten without analytic. On an offensive starmie like this one you really don't care for status anyway.

For the biggest change, I think you should replace jolteon altogether. It does have great speed and a nice ability, but with sandstorm and its pitiful defenses, it won't be living too long. I would replace it with a defensive Rotom W so it can take secret swords from keldeo, which your team doesn't really have an answer for at the moment. You still have volt switch on your team but you gain a ground immunity, a water resist, and just a pokemon to take random hits.

Infernape also has HP EVs instead of Atk EVs, which is probably a typo.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

- Pain Split

With this spread, secret sword is never a 2hko on Rotom-W and with some damage rolls can turn into a 4hko. Thunder Wave is also an option in case you don't really have a way to deal with Volcarona. you can live a + 1 Giga Drain from Volcarona if timid, but if its modest you won't be able to, unless you transfer the spatk evs into SpD. If you put stone edge on Mamoswine, volcarona shouldn't really be a problem.

Hope I helped.

Hello there, you need an importable so raters can playtest. I'll finish the rate when that's done. Cheers!
My apologies, only just learnt i can do that. Here it is:

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 76 SAtk / 180 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- ThunderPunch
- U-turn

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)