Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
Alakazam is primarily here just as a fast mon that can pick up easy kills. Psychic is here for stab, Focus Ball for bulky normal types like chansey, energy ball because there isnt any other grass type moves on the team and dazzling gleam for coverage. I use alakazam as just a fast mon who can sweep at the end of the game.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
Ash greninja is one of the best pokemon in ou and is a lot better with either a choice scarf or a choice specs. Surf and Dark Pulse for obvious reasons, water shuriken to stop fast mons sweeping and uturn for coverage. you can change surf with hydro pump but i personally perfer surf.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- U-turn
This set is a balance between a sweeping set and a bulky stealth rock set. Flyinium Z used to take down bulky and stalling mons. Earthquake for STAB, fly for z move, Knock off because no one else on the team has it and uturn for coverage.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Hurricane
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
Purely used for sweeping late game. Weakness Policy pairs well with multiscale and is able to set up dragon dance. Earthquake because its good against alot of good mons in ou, Hurricane for STAB, dd obv, And Dragon claw cus why not.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [ground]
- Volt Switch
Used to take out other steel types. its a pretty straightfoward you just switch in to a steel type for example heatran and hp ground. you also have volt switch and thunderbolt for stab.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic
- Block

Can absolutely destroy pokemon like tapu bulu with toxic and block. you can change baneful bunker for recover but ive seen baneful bunker work better. it can also wall greninjas without dark pulse.

If anyone has any advice on how i can improve the team or anyone else i can add that could work better with the team.

Alakazam really likes to run Recover to keep itself healthy, allowing it to invalidate stuff like Heatran and Toxapex. Shadow Ball is also generally preferred over Dazzling Gleam or Energy Ball for its ability to hit bulky Psychics like Reuniclus and Mew, though Energy Ball has some merit in sweeping rain teams after tracing Swift Swim.

Surf over Hydro Pump is fine I guess, but consider running Spikes over U-turn. Ash Gren forces a lot of switches, and it can use those forced switches as opportunities to set up Spikes, which have the added bonus of chipping down Ash Gren's switchins until they're in KO range. U-turn still has some merit, though.

I have no idea why you gave Landorus the Z-Crystal when Dragonite benefits much more from it. Just use Defensive Lando. It gives your team access to Stealth Rock, as well as Defog. The latter is especially helpful in preserving Dragonite's Multiscale.

With the Z slot now available, Dragonite can run Z-Fly. I'd also swap Dragon Claw for either Extreme Speed, Roost, or Fire Punch, as Dragon STAB isn't particularly good in this meta.

Magnezone needs HP Fire. You have two Earthquake users already. There's no need to trap Heatran at the cost of Scizor, Kartana, and Ferrothorn.

Your Pex set is simply awful. Ash Greninja is much more common than Protean Greninja, and Ash Gren always runs Dark Pulse. To say you wall Greninjas without Dark Pulse isn't very helpful at all. It's also not true, as Protean Greninja has options to bust through Toxapex, namely Extrasensory and Z-Dig. This set also doesn't handle Tapu Bulu in the slightest. Choice Band smashes through with Wood Hammer, and Specially Defensive just sets up a Swords Dance and 2HKOs with Horn Leech. And if you burn Bulu instead of Toxic it, then you're not going to be dealing any damage to it, and it can just set up to +6 and 2HKO you anyway.

Toxapex absolutely needs Recover and Haze to function. Recover lets you actually stay healthy and be a proper wall, and Haze prevents threats from using Pex as set-up fodder. It's also better to invest in Special Defense, as it makes Pex a more reliable answer to stuff like Ash Greninja and Volcarona.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball / Energy Ball
- Recover

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes / U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed / Roost / Fire Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

I would personally take Ice Beam > Water Shuriken on Greninja. You already have consistent water pressure with surf and it's extra coverage and free battle bond activation if the opponent switches into or keeps lando-T, Gliscor or Garchomp in. I did some damage calcs for the most reasonably common tanky sets of the pokemon you might want to pick this for.
252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 404-476 (105.7 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 384-456 (109 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 384-452 (91.4 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 122-144 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 30.5% chance to 3HKO
(Don't stay in but it's nice chip damage, although so is U-turn)

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 182-216 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Of course it's down to your preference though

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I would personally take Ice Beam > Water Shuriken on Greninja. You already have consistent water pressure with surf and it's extra coverage and free battle bond activation if the opponent switches into or keeps lando-T, Gliscor or Garchomp in. I did some damage calcs for the most reasonably common tanky sets of the pokemon you might want to pick this for.
252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 404-476 (105.7 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 384-456 (109 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 384-452 (91.4 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 122-144 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 30.5% chance to 3HKO
(Don't stay in but it's nice chip damage, although so is U-turn)

252 SpA Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 182-216 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Of course it's down to your preference though
What you didn’t check was the calcs for Water Shuriken.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 402-486 (105.2 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
As you see, it OHKOes too.

It does stuff like 2HKOing Heatran, OHKOing Gliscor, 39.5% chance to 2HKO Garchomp... although Ice Beam does more damage to the Pokemon you selected, Water Shuriken is also a priority move, and that is really important when you see all those other Fast Pokemon, and how Speed is so defining in today’s meta.

Edit: Most of the time, you would actually be using the other moves tho. But that’s because of their higher BP. Dark Pulse 3HKOes Tangrowth too.

Just a minor questions how is this team gonna handle zapdos.
Based on his team and what the other people have already suggested for changes, running defensive Lando-T = Stealth Rocks, so upon switch Zapdos will lose 25% HP. Also, Running a Lando-T in general probably means EQ, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, U-Turn/Defog depending on what else he changes with team. Although someone suggested Ice Beam on Greninja,

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 362-428 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

This calc kinda defeats the purpose of using Ash-Gren to counter Zapdos, since Zapdos is likely to OHKO Ash-Gren even if Ash-Gren has Specs (also add in the fact that Zapdos is typically more defense invested than SpDef invested). Regardless, the best way to counter Zapdos on this team is if Stone Edge is incorporated on Landorus with some semi investment.

I'd switch Toxapex with Kartana @ Expert Belt cause you can use Gunk Shot /w toxic plate. If you add to the attack and speed, you may have a better time. Besides that, Kartana may be weak to ground typee using psychics. so use night slash to deal 2.2 times the regular attack upgraded by 252 EVs on attack.

Edited Team:
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Zap Cannon

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Mystic Water
EVs: 126 Atk / 100 Def / 126 SpA / 100 SpD / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Hurricane
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Magnezone @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Kartana @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
I don't really think using pokemon that can only use one move isn't the right option.

I'd switch Toxapex with Kartana @ Expert Belt cause you can use Gunk Shot /w toxic plate. If you add to the attack and speed, you may have a better time. Besides that, Kartana may be weak to ground typee using psychics. so use night slash to deal 2.2 times the regular attack upgraded by 252 EVs on attack.

Edited Team:
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Zap Cannon

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Hurricane
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Magnezone @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Kartana @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
I don't really think using pokemon that can only use one move isn't the right option.
Are you new to competitive?

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

Edited Team:
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Zap Cannon

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Hurricane
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Magnezone @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Kartana @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
These sets are horrendous and not the way to go AT ALL. The revisions DrPumpkinz suggested are far superior to these, and you clearly need more experience in competitive Pokémon before you have authority to suggest reasonable changes to a team. I don't want to seem rude (even though I've probably failed that already), but it's the truth.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)