Pending OTS Placement

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Suggestion: Please consider making the OTS (open teamsheet) box moveable or have a button where we can decide where it is placed in battles. Personally, I would prefer the box to be under the move choices or below the chat. I know there is a hover option, but I find it annoying to constantly have to hover over the mon's icon. I also think it is annoying to constantly have to scroll up into chat. I prefer to watch chat as it moves down.

Why: I feel like this will allow more versatility for players to use the tool. Players might have different preferences for displays or use different devices that might make it harder to see the OTS. I believe that allowing them the flexibility to change that would be helpful and a good consideration for Showdown. I think it would be considerate of PS to do it to help other players and I think implementing this idea would not have a negative impact on anyone.

Thank you for reading this suggestion.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don’t play VGC so there’s a non-zero chance I miss something impoartant

Based on PokePaste, OTS reveals the following information:

• Held Item
  • Ability
  • Tera Type
  • All Moves
PS currently has the tools to show all of this (bar untera'd tera types but I'll get to that later) in battles without open team sheet, and it can be seen by hovering over an opposing Pokemon. Wouldn't it be easier just to use that feature to implement OTS?
Tera Types can be shown on the side like this, reading (Tera Type: Water, unrevealed) or something akin to that to communicate the Pokemon hasn't tera'd.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don’t play VGC so there’s a non-zero chance I miss something impoartant

Based on PokePaste, OTS reveals the following information:

• Held Item
  • Ability
  • Tera Type
  • All Moves
PS currently has the tools to show all of this (bar untera'd tera types but I'll get to that later) in battles without open team sheet, and it can be seen by hovering over an opposing Pokemon. Wouldn't it be easier just to use that feature to implement OTS?
Tera Types can be shown on the side like this, reading (Tera Type: Water, unrevealed) or something akin to that to communicate the Pokemon hasn't tera'd.
Sets appearing on hover is already done. OP is talking about adding OTS information somewhere else.
1711723684841.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)