Metagame ORAS RU: Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
With Kingdra and (possibly) Mega Houndoom coming soon, weather will probably make a rise. Kingdra has a plethora of options, Choice Specs, Band, ChestoRest, DDance, Sub+3 attacks, Critdra, and Rain Sweeper. Mega Houndoom nukes everything in the sun, and even without mega, it will still be a HUGE threat. Cloud Nine Lickilicky might see a rise as it can stop both special sets of each pokemon, although it has to watch out for Physical King, Critdra, and NP Doom. Rain and Sun teams might just make an RU-defining appearance this time around.

When people say that Mega Camel will make Trick Room godlike i feel they aren't considering that RU already has experimented a very similar mon, Mega Abomasnow. Mega Abomasnow has managed to become one of the most tier defining mons of XY RU, and Trick Room has contributed very little to its success, so I don't see why Camerupt should be different.

Speaking of which, the choice beetween Camerupt and Abomasnow for team's slow and absurdly powerful Mega of choice is going to be pretty interesting. Abomasnow is more versatile(can be Swords Dance, full special or mixed), has potential access to a strong priority and can wreck Water types such as Slowking, which Camel struggles with, while Camel has a better defensive typing and is stronger.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can't type much my phones about to die, so quickly Mega Abomasnow has priority to make up for its lack luster speed while mega camerupt does not. So people might be more inclined to put m-rupt on troom, although it has gr8 bulk.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
When people say that Mega Camel will make Trick Room godlike i feel they aren't considering that RU already has experimented a very similar mon, Mega Abomasnow. Mega Abomasnow has managed to become one of the most tier defining mons of XY RU, and Trick Room has contributed very little to its success, so I don't see why Camerupt should be different.

Speaking of which, the choice beetween Camerupt and Abomasnow for team's slow and absurdly powerful Mega of choice is going to be pretty interesting. Abomasnow is more versatile(can be Swords Dance, full special or mixed), has potential access to a strong priority and can wreck Water types such as Slowking, which Camel struggles with, while Camel has a better defensive typing and is stronger.
Well actually, when you look at the teambuilding thread, the core which utilised mega abomasnow had many submissions which were based around trick room. Of course aboma is versatile enough to be used outside of it and normally it isn't used with trick room support but it definitely can perform extremely well inside it. Seeing as Camerupt is far far more effective under TR i think it's fair to say that you will be seeing a lot of teams which use trick room plus camerupt.

So when you consider that Aboma is effective under TR, it's clear that Camerupt will be far far more effective under the same conditions. First of all, its main stab move is far more powerful than snow mans.
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 201-237 (58.9 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Another notable thing is that camerupt synergises really well with common TR mons such as reuniclus, bronzong and aromatisse. Where aboma has common weaknesses to mons that these guys hate (Drapion, Doublade, Skuntank, Fire types and a couple of other) Camerupt can check them nicely.

Don't write off TR + Camel :]

Well actually, when you look at the teambuilding thread, the core which utilised mega abomasnow had many submissions which were based around trick room. Of course aboma is versatile enough to be used outside of it and normally it isn't used with trick room support but it definitely can perform extremely well inside it. Seeing as Camerupt is far far more effective under TR i think it's fair to say that you will be seeing a lot of teams which use trick room plus camerupt.

So when you consider that Aboma is effective under TR, it's clear that Camerupt will be far far more effective under the same conditions. First of all, its main stab move is far more powerful than snow mans.
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 201-237 (58.9 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Another notable thing is that camerupt synergises really well with common TR mons such as reuniclus, bronzong and aromatisse. Where aboma has common weaknesses to mons that these guys hate (Drapion, Doublade, Skuntank, Fire types and a couple of other) Camerupt can check them nicely.

Don't write off TR + Camel :]
Well, I think I put my thoughts in bad words :P Of course Camerupt is going to be awesome under Trick Room, it's just that many people seems to be convinced it is mediocre outside of it, which is definitely not the case considering its only actual flaw is low speed, while it has great bulk, typing(offensively and defensively) and absurd power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)