Other ORAS Pu Really terrible team

So somehow I found out that swoobat learned endure in oras and weakness policy plus simple created a boost up that would allow you to sweep late game. So I wanted to give it a shot in pu to see if it actually works or not. Ive gotten through a couple of lower tier stuff but I am not sure if swoobat is just a terrible mon, or if the team is just bad so I was looking for a little help.

Swoobat @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Air Slash

So first up was the swoobat. Everything is pretty straight forward with item ability and Evs. Timid nature so you can be as fast as possible when attacking. Endure to take a super effective hit and activate your weakness policy. Stored power for that powerful stab attack that will easily take out most mons in the tier. Roost just in case you want to recover after you endure a hit. And air slash for secondary stab and to hit dark types.

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My rock setter for this team. The first guy you send out to simply set up rocks to break sturdy and sashes. He has roar to get rid of anything trying to set up first turn on you and the edge quake combo for good coverage.

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Rest

This thing is pretty deadly. Bulk up to boost attack and defense while a max sp def help you tank some hits. Rest and sleep talk take advantage of its guts boost and rest not only restores the hp but gets rid of status. Storm throw always crits allowing to hit through boosted defenses with hitting strong after a bulk up or two.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Standard defensive Garbodor. It works well in nu and even better for pu. Spike stacker and hits back at physical attackers with rocky helmet and aftermath. Gunk shot for powerful stab and drain punch for recovery.

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect
- Aqua Ring

Specially defensive Wartortle to tank hits. Scald helps with burning any physical attackers allowing wartortle to tank against physical attacks with the help of the eviolite. Rapid spin to get rid of entry hazards while keeping yours up on the field. Aqua ring is my filler move because a little recovery isnt too bad.

Camerupt @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Camerupt rounds out the team. Life orb with a rock polish allows you to set up and hit hard with two stab moves. Hp ice was my personal choice but hp grass works just fine if you want to run that.

I have the replay of when this actually worked for me but the team hasn't been too bad. Just curious as to what I would have to change to make this team better or if this is just a terrible team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-188269300

On swoobat you're better off running heat wave instead of airslash for better coverage and giga drain instead of roost due to it having no bulk whatsoever without kee berry and calm mind and you ll probably get more hp from giga due to you not really having an opportunity to roost. Really innovative swoobat set, I wonder where you got the idea from ,,,,

Bastiodon should always run metal burst as its a pretty good move on it. Stone edge amd earthquake should be removed for toxic and metal burst as Bastiodon is quite weak. I dont really play much pu so thats all iv really got.

Last edited:
On swoobat you're better off running heat wave instead of airslash for better coverage and giga drain instead of roost due to it having no bulk whatsoever without kee berry and calm mind and you ll probably get more hp from giga due to you not really having an opportunity to roost. Really innovative swoobat set, I wonder where you got the idea from ,,,,

Bastiodon should always run metal burst as its a pretty good move on it. Stone edge amd earthquake should be removed for toxic and metal burst as Bastiodon is quite weak. I dont really play much pu so thats all iv really got.
Thanks I made the changes

Your Wartortle should have Foresight instead of Aqua Ring; you need to be able to spin on Haunter, Drifblim, etc.
You could also consider using Mega-Camerupt instead of normal Camerupt as I can see your team lacks a wallbreaker; it's just whether you want speed or power

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi there :) I'm here to give your PU team a rate

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight

Fortunately, I did a Wartortle analysis in PU and have tons of experience playing with it! I'd say that Toxic is the best way to go as it allows you to limit how long the opponent can stay in due to them wearing down in damage each turn. This can help since Wartortle is used as setup bait without it due to Scald not dishing out much damage and unable to break a Substitute against Pokemon such as Serperior. Have to agree with Dorenavant here. I understand why you've gone with Aqua Ring since Wartortle lacks reliable recovery and has no access to Leftovers since it needs the extra bulk with the Eviolite however Aqua Ring is still pretty bad. Wastes a valuable turn which could be used for getting a much needed Rapid Spin and doesn't give Wartortle enough HP back each turn. Foresight however, which is standard on Wartortle as it allows Wartortle to Rapid Spin against Ghost-types.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

I noticed that your team currently has 3 weaknesses to Ground-type attacks, no resistances and one immunity. I'm suggesting that Tangela be put on the team as it is a real powerful pivot in the tier. Sleep Powder can assist in allowing free switches and using the chances to either Rapid Spin or get up hazards. Leaf Storm hits Pokemon hard and Hidden Power Ice allows it to hit Flying-types such as Scyther. It helped with hitting Pidgeot and Altaria however those have both moved up due to their mega evolutions. That doesn't however mean that HP Ice shouldn't be used. Tangela is able to take hits due to its natural bulk with the Eviolite and switch out. Use it wisely when needing the Regenerator recovery.

Hi there :) I'm here to give your PU team a rate

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight

Fortunately, I did a Wartortle analysis in PU and have tons of experience playing with it! I'd say that Toxic is the best way to go as it allows you to limit how long the opponent can stay in due to them wearing down in damage each turn. This can help since Wartortle is used as setup bait without it due to Scald not dishing out much damage and unable to break a Substitute against Pokemon such as Serperior. Have to agree with Dorenavant here. I understand why you've gone with Aqua Ring since Wartortle lacks reliable recovery and has no access to Leftovers since it needs the extra bulk with the Eviolite however Aqua Ring is still pretty bad. Wastes a valuable turn which could be used for getting a much needed Rapid Spin and doesn't give Wartortle enough HP back each turn. Foresight however, which is standard on Wartortle as it allows Wartortle to Rapid Spin against Ghost-types.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

I noticed that your team currently has 3 weaknesses to Ground-type attacks, no resistances and one immunity. I'm suggesting that Tangela be put on the team as it is a real powerful pivot in the tier. Sleep Powder can assist in allowing free switches and using the chances to either Rapid Spin or get up hazards. Leaf Storm hits Pokemon hard and Hidden Power Ice allows it to hit Flying-types such as Scyther. It helped with hitting Pidgeot and Altaria however those have both moved up due to their mega evolutions. That doesn't however mean that HP Ice shouldn't be used. Tangela is able to take hits due to its natural bulk with the Eviolite and switch out. Use it wisely when needing the Regenerator recovery.

Thanks Darnell and Dorenavant. What should Tangela be subbed in for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)