Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does future sight and doom desire stack? i.e. turn 1 i use future sight and turn 2 i use doom desire. or Future sight turn 1, turn 2 switch to another poke, turn 3 future sight?

Was hoping to get some insight on a Mixed RP Mega Diancie spread. Diancie would be used as a late game sweeper.

Does she really need to outspeed neutral base 100's before getting a Rock Polish up?
Is there any merit to investing heavily into her Attack stat?
Is there any reason to not fully invest into Special Attack?
Would a spread consisting of 32 speed be worth considering? The line of thinking is that she would still outspeed scarfed 110's with a positive nature after a single boost.

I've been wondering where the best place to figure out what's going on in the metagame. For example I was reading in the viability thread about SD Gliscor. However no one posted a set, but people already seemed to understand exactly what they were talking about. How does a user find this information?

Do only offensive mons with set-up moves count as sweepers? I was under the impression that it's a catch-all term for an offensive mon intended to basically outspeed and kill most of a team, but I saw sweeper equated to set-up sweeper and the terminology thread hasn't had this one yet.

Do only offensive mons with set-up moves count as sweepers? I was under the impression that it's a catch-all term for an offensive mon intended to basically outspeed and kill most of a team, but I saw sweeper equated to set-up sweeper and the terminology thread hasn't had this one yet.
Not really. A sweeper is a pokemon capable of beating great part of your enemy's team in a killing spree. For example a specs keldeo that kills 5 mons in the other team in a row.

The terms aren't mutually exclusive, it's just that most commonly Set-up is the best way a Pokemon manages to sweep, since others power means (such as Choice items or LO) can be inhibited by certain other mons not being dealt with compared to set-up moves sometimes allowing them to be powered through.

The distinction should be made between sweeping and cleaning: Sweepers may need a few things dealt with first, but can beat the majority of the team otherwise on their own. Cleaners usually need the overall team worn out, less so than one specific threat hard stopping it.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone explain me SD Gliscor set ?
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/gliscor
The Specially Defensive SD set is the second set on the page; it should explain the EV's and move choices :]
There's no SD set there o-o
He was asking for the Swords Dance Gliscor set, not Specially Defensive. (I assume this because SD refers to Swords Dance and SpDef refers to Specially Defensive.)
SD Gliscor generally runs EQ / SD / Roost / Knock Off, but other moves such as Taunt, Facade, and Stone Edge work as well. For the EV spread, use the specially defensive one on the dex.

He was asking for the Swords Dance Gliscor set, not Specially Defensive. (I assume this because SD refers to Swords Dance and SpDef refers to Specially Defensive.)
SD Gliscor generally runs EQ / SD / Roost / Knock Off, but other moves such as Taunt, Facade, and Stone Edge work as well. For the EV spread, use the specially defensive one on the dex.
Oops, my bad. Cheers bro :]

Alright, thanks. That's what I'd thought, yeah. Another thing -- do the damage calculators take into account offense drops from Superpower and Draco Meteor and the like? For instance, when it says that something is 2HKO'd by Superpower, does it count the -1 attack on the second one?

Alright, thanks. That's what I'd thought, yeah. Another thing -- do the damage calculators take into account offense drops from Superpower and Draco Meteor and the like? For instance, when it says that something is 2HKO'd by Superpower, does it count the -1 attack on the second one?
Sadly no:

56 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 328-387 (51 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It looks like a guaranteed 2HKO, but the average damage output is actually below 100%, so you'd have to keep punching it into the calculator

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sadly no:

56 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 328-387 (51 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It looks like a guaranteed 2HKO, but the average damage output is actually below 100%, so you'd have to keep punching it into the calculator
That seriously needs to be fixed. brb going to the suggestions thread.

Swords Dance Gliscor also uses Baton Pass.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
what? I assume you're referrring to SD gliscor to the spdef one, with sd, knock off, eq and roost. It really doesn't have room for baton pass.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nah, SD Baton pass Gliscor is p. cool, I've seen it used on a team with Mega Sharpedo.
You're right in that it generally doesn't have room for baton pass, but you can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)