One of my anti-metagame teams

Anti Metagame Team but you can nothing against the most common mon, Dragonite.

I suggest you to play on Smogon University Server to see yourself the difference with PO ladder.

wait, wait, now i want to know how can snorax create a whirlwind, now i absolutely want to know it!
for the team: keep in mind that gliscor has got also acrobatics to hit breloom, and it is veeery dangerous

Hey!
Really nice team you have here! I always like to see teams with different Pokemon in it and I just gotta say I love that Absol moveset! It seems like you've got a lot of a lot of common threats checked, thanks to Slowbro.

However, I could see this team having difficultly with crazy, all out, DragMag teams. Not that you have to worry about Magnezone really but you will really have have to worry about super powerful Outrages (cough, cough Choice Band Haxorus). I'm not sure if Choice Banded Haxorus KO's your Slowbro in one hit but Hax could still give you troubles because it outspeeds all of you Pokemon on your team. I guess you have Sucker Punch on your Absol to help you but a good player will find some way around it. Not to mention that DragMag teams will have other powerful Dragons on their team and your Slowbro will only be able take so many hits even with Regenerator.

Either way tho, awesome team you have here! I really enjoyed seeing it! Good luck

Oh btw a possible way to fix this DragMag problem could be to add Scizor to your group. A Choice Band version would be nice, but that would make you more vurnable to being trapped by Magnezone so you might want to try a Swords Dance version. Either way you will want your Scizor to know SuperPower for Magnezone.

i thought razor claw was banned.
The only items that are banned are items that increase Evasion, namely Brightpowder and Lax Incense.

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting team, but you do have a few things to fix. First of all, Excadrill and Deoxys-S are both banned, making any reasons that include them irrelevant. Also, seeing as this team relies heavily on the surprise factor, you have to look out for hyper offense teams, which just focus on attacking, no matter what kinds of sets they're opponents are running. That brings up the issue which Zelda100 brought up: basically any variant of the DragMag strategy will wreck your team. Now, there are a couple of ways to help solve this problem. I don't really see the point of Tyranitar being on your team, besides it setting up Stealth Rock. Also, all of the other Pokemon on your team take damage from sandstorm except for those that are holding Leftovers. Ninjask is not very common anymore and Deoxys-S is banned, so I would suggest using the Swords Dance Scizor Zelda100 mentioned instead of Tyranitar. If you want the entry hazards support you could easily use a Shed Shell Forretress instead of Tentacruel to both set up entry hazards and spin away opposing entry hazards. The Shed Shell will help you get away from Magnezone should it switch into you. Your Breloom should be able to take care of Jellicent as long as the Jellicent isn't carrying Ice Beam.

I think that if you implement those changes, you'll be able to take on all forms of DragMag teams, which have been gaining in popularity and thus should be considered when making an OU team.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Also, sorry if this was a bad rate, I have only started rating teams so I'm not very experienced at this yet. :P

Don't be so cocky please, it is very annoying. Ihave never heard of you, and don't say one of my many anti- metagame teams. Be somewhat modest please
----------------------------------------------------------
First off, never use restalk phazers without heavy hazards

Second, give slowbro slack off and scald. Fire blast,ice beam not so necessary. Or t-wave really.

Do not make references to banned pokes >-<

If sash t-tar was good, which it may be, as I have never tried it, there is little to no reason to use sandstorm as none of your pokémon abuse it and 5 of them take residual damage every turn.

I can not pass judgement on absolute or breloom as both sets have decent logic and I have not used them in BW OU

Then tentacruel set confuses me as tentacruel makes no sense to use In sand and the set seems to gimmicky to be effective, in my opinion.

I am guessing you have never actually played a match competitively, or at least in BW OU as the wins I would estimate you would obtain against average opponents would not be as high as you claim, in fact I believe losses are more ubiquitous than wins with this team, if it were to be used on a competitive level against average opponents.

The only items that are banned are items that increase Evasion, namely Brightpowder and Lax Incense.

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting team, but you do have a few things to fix. First of all, Excadrill and Deoxys-S are both banned, making any reasons that include them irrelevant. Also, seeing as this team relies heavily on the surprise factor, you have to look out for hyper offense teams, which just focus on attacking, no matter what kinds of sets they're opponents are running. That brings up the issue which Zelda100 brought up: basically any variant of the DragMag strategy will wreck your team. Now, there are a couple of ways to help solve this problem. I don't really see the point of Tyranitar being on your team, besides it setting up Stealth Rock. Also, all of the other Pokemon on your team take damage from sandstorm except for those that are holding Leftovers. Ninjask is not very common anymore and Deoxys-S is banned, so I would suggest using the Swords Dance Scizor Zelda100 mentioned instead of Tyranitar. If you want the entry hazards support you could easily use a Shed Shell Forretress instead of Tentacruel to both set up entry hazards and spin away opposing entry hazards. The Shed Shell will help you get away from Magnezone should it switch into you. Your Breloom should be able to take care of Jellicent as long as the Jellicent isn't carrying Ice Beam.

I think that if you implement those changes, you'll be able to take on all forms of DragMag teams, which have been gaining in popularity and thus should be considered when making an OU team.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Also, sorry if this was a bad rate, I have only started rating teams so I'm not very experienced at this yet. :P
Yes, Forretress would be a good option to try out! It would really benefit your Snorlax's Whirlwind. You could try giving it Leftovers over Shed Shell and then teach it Volt Switch over Earthquake. Volt Switch will allow you to escape Magnet Pull. I suggest trying both out and then decide for yourself which on you like best.

Don't be so cocky please, it is very annoying. Ihave never heard of you, and don't say one of my many anti- metagame teams. Be somewhat modest please
----------------------------------------------------------
First off, never use restalk phazers without heavy hazards

Second, give slowbro slack off and scald. Fire blast,ice beam not so necessary. Or t-wave really.

Do not make references to banned pokes >-<

If sash t-tar was good, which it may be, as I have never tried it, there is little to no reason to use sandstorm as none of your pokémon abuse it and 5 of them take residual damage every turn.

I can not pass judgement on absolute or breloom as both sets have decent logic and I have not used them in BW OU

Then tentacruel set confuses me as tentacruel makes no sense to use In sand and the set seems to gimmicky to be effective, in my opinion.

I am guessing you have never actually played a match competitively, or at least in BW OU as the wins I would estimate you would obtain against average opponents would not be as high as you claim, in fact I believe losses are more ubiquitous than wins with this team, if it were to be used on a competitive level against average opponents.
I believe this team doesn't deserve this kind of rating...
One way to rate non-standard teams like this one is to battle it and i faced it once in PO server using my own restalking milotic (i won but close). this is a good team but a flaw that i noticed is that it lacked offense late game. It has no answer to my scizor/rotom-w combo and was swept late game by scarf tyra..a good addition to this team would be a cb scizor as it can rip thru teams when everything is soften by shuffling...

Another reason I don't believe you with success and things is you totally changed the team and re-posted it like an hour later.

Another reason I don't believe you with success and things is you totally changed the team and re-posted it like an hour later.

Bro, the other team I posted was a totally different team. I dont know what your problem is. I started laddering at Smogon yesterday, and I reached top 400 this morning. Anyway, what you gave wasnt a critique, It was more of a biased opinion. I posted my teams so people know that its my team, not so much to get it critiqued.

This team isn't really anti-metagame just because you use original sets. You currently have about nothing who wants to deal with rotom-w, sure breloom can come in and take a volt switch but your opponent just gets to send out their breloom check and eventually breloom just dies. I would suggest putting blissey over snorlax for that.

I'd also recommend. Forretress over tyranitar which gives you entry hazards and a spinner at the same time. Replace tentacruel with a phaser, just choose one that has synergy with your team. Replace absol with swords dance lucario, better typing, Stab and performs great as a late game sweeper and loves having hazards up.

Maybe change that breloom set, breloom isn't really meant to be bulky so I'd also change that to a celebi set of your choice.

consistently maintain a rank above 1450 in the OU tier.
#8 ranking at PO
You might want to provide some screenshots of your ranking on the Smogon and PO servers, as some people might not believe you if you just say that you're at those ranks.

If you have suchan original team, it would be cool if you could make a list of how you handle each common pokémon in the metagame (OU)

As much as you probably don't want to hear it right now, I have to agree with Asterat on your Tentacruel. Acid Spray is fairly situational at best, and it isn't the move you should be wanting to use in any case. An Acid Spray and a Giga Drain should be outdamaged by two Giga Drains. Also, Surf is better than Hydro Pump due to the better accuracy, although Since you aren't running Toxic Spikes and the only status you have is paralysis on Slowbro, Scald could work instead for that nice burn chance.

As much as I like Absol, the set you're running for it is very gimmicky too. You shouldn't rely on crit hax to get stuff done. I suggest changing Absol for Bisharp, as you currently have no dragon resist and Bisharp would fill the same role as Absol, but with better bulk and typing. The fighting weakness doesn't matter too much since it wasn't like Absol was going to take a fighting move anyways.

Tyranitar is sorta out of place here. It hurts the rest of the team to send it out. I think you need to replace it.

And guys, this is supposed to be a community website. We don't want community that's trying to destroy itself.

C&E asked me to post some photos I had of his ladder points since he doesn't really know how to take screen shots. All of these were pretty much done with either this team or the one that was shown originally. He has peaked higher than what these show and recently too, like 8th or something with 1600+ points. I frequently watch his battles on the PO Server and the team really does do quite well. The most amazing thing though is how well he plays it. This team probably does nothing for most battlers who would try and use it, but CAUSE & EFFECT plays it well and gets great (often surprising) results with it.

This is the only one I have for the Smogon Server, it was taken today

The following are for PO's Server:

I guess I'll also throw in some critique as well. Due to the lack of anything fast, the team is more susceptible to hax. The teams heavy reliance on prediction, and somewhat luck at times makes it a high stakes team to play. When it is played properly it is overall quite effective being able to handle what would otherwise be problems pokemon's with unconventional sets. And to be quite frank, not a whole lot can stop a late game sweep by that Breloom.

^ proof it doesn't take a good team to ladder. Honestly, I would rate but there are too many holes in this team.

Or proof he can use photoshop.
Yes because I would really take the time to photoshop something for a guy I only know from an online pokemon simulator. And two of them are from todays ladder, it really isn't hard to confirm. All dates are included as well at the top of each picture.

How does a thread like this become so bad? I have fought C&E and I have seen him battle and I can assure you, he is not a noob. On a side note, watch out for your own breloom set.

How does a thread like this become so bad? I have fought C&E and I have seen him battle and I can assure you, he is not a noob. On a side note, watch out for your own breloom set.
I agree. I battled him again yesterday. The team's good.

Well even if you placed 1st on a ladder your team still has a weakness against crazy Outraging dragons. Don't get me wrong I really like the creativness on this team but I think it still has more potential it could reach. Try the suggestions and if they don't work out for thats ok. (Btw I second on putting a Forretress on your team. I think it could possibly pair well with your Snorlax).

the team looks cool , i have a few questions though ,does haxorus really hurt and does acrobat gliscor/ possibly landorus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)