On the Offensive (and a bit of defense, too)

Hey everyone. I've decided to make a mostly offensive team for Shoddy, but I need some help. That said, rate away.

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Timid; 6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

HP Ice
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Stealth Rock

Typical ScarfTran, only I have gone with Stealth Rock over Explosion. With all the TrickScarf leads going around, I should be able to lay the rocks and then switch as they switch.

Zapdos@Life Orb
Timid; 80 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 176 Speed

Roost
HP Grass
Heat Wave
Thunderbolt

With Heat Wave, Zapdos has finally gained the ability to use an effective sweeper set. Between Heatran’s Scarf and Infernape’s natural quickness, I’ve decided that I have enough speed on the team and went for some power on Zapdos. I still hit 282 speed for outrunning Lucario, and can switch into stealth rock 4 times, as well as use Life Orb 11 times.

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant; 244 HP, 252 Atk, 12 Def

Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch

Choice Band Metagross provides some power on the physical side of things, and it doesn’t mind being tricked a Choice Scarf, either. Meteor Mash hits hard, Earthquake has coverage, and Thunderpunch punishes water types. Bullet Punch is more useful now than ever, helping pick off weakened pokemon like Shaymin-S and DDMence. It also patches up Metagross' unimpressive speed.

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty; 80 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 176 Speed

Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Draco Meteor

MixMence with a twist. It rips through the competition, which usually expects DDMence, and it usually gets me several kills. The type coverage is perfect, and just outspeeds Adamant Lucario.

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP, 108 Def, 148 Sp.Def

Rest
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Charge Beam

While she isn’t the epitome of offense, Cresselia does allow me to take on threats like Gyarados and Salamence, and she often has the time to work up her special attack with Charge Beam in doing so. Her even defenses let her take hits both ways, and she Rests of status for the team, too.

Infernape@Expert Belt
Naïve; 24 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 232 Speed

HP Ice
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Mixnape rounds out the team with the ability to clean once the other members have done the work. I feel that a 3rd Life Orb would be too much, especially when the other two are weak to Stealth Rock, and I have no Wish support. Expert Belt lets it hit hard anyways thanks to the super effective coverage of the set, and often fools the enemy into thinking "Choiced" straight away.

Credit goes to http://www.pokebeach.com for the images.

-I have to go in a bit, but please rate anyways. I'll check back tomorrow at the latest.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have no reason to run Naive on ScarfTran if you are foregoing Explosion. Use Timid instead. Heatran has a base SpD of 106 and has great resists, so it will make a noticeable difference.

You have an extremely slow team so I recommend you change Zapdos' nature to Timid and give it 176 Spe EVs.

Since you are not running Explosion on Heatran, maybe consider running it on Metagross? Replace either Bullet Punch or Thunderpunch. A CB Explosion will rip a hole in anything that isnt immune to it.

Also, change Salamence to either standard DD Outrage mence or MixMence. Your set is a nice idea but it just isn't fast enough to use Outrage efficiently.

Nice team though, congrats.

You have no reason to run Naive on ScarfTran if you are foregoing Explosion. Use Timid instead. Heatran has a base SpD of 106 and has great resists, so it will make a noticeable difference.

I completely overlooked that, I'll change it.

You have an extremely slow team so I recommend you change Zapdos' nature to Timid and give it 176 Spe EVs.

Its been going okay so far, but I'll try it.

Since you are not running Explosion on Heatran, maybe consider running it on Metagross? Replace either Bullet Punch or Thunderpunch. A CB Explosion will rip a hole in anything that isnt immune to it.

Explosion is a good move, I agree, but I would rather have Bullet Punch to revenge Skymin, etc. That and the fact that steels are all over the place for Skymin, and Rotom forms are as well kinda makes that iffy for me.

Also, change Salamence to either standard DD Outrage mence or MixMence. Your set is a nice idea but it just isn't fast enough to use Outrage efficiently.

Actually, this Salamence has worked very well for me, taking out at least 1 if not 2 pokemon usually. Everyone expects the DDOutrage set, and this set has worked wonders for me so far. Thanks for the advice, though.

Nice team though, congrats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)