OM Trivia Mark III

Other Metagames Trivia!

Rules:
  • PM me your answers with reasons why.
  • Post so I know you finished and I can make sure your PM is in my inbox. Write something like 'done' or 'finished' in this thread.
  • !Don't put your answers in this thread!
  • Have fun! And try out new OMs.
  • Read the hints closely, else you might pick the wrong metagame.
The answers are scattered about in the OM subforum so go sniff them out. The clues have to do with common strategies, popular Pokemon, or sets in that metagame. If you're having difficulties, trying chatting in the #othermetas irc or check out Other Metagames Room for help. Some Metagames may not be on the first page.

Example:
Q: Castform would be an Ice/Water/Fire type... Too bad it's banned.
A: Acid Rain

Questions:
  1. Sableye doesn't need Wonder Guard to be immune to Knock Off in this metagame.
  2. Chansey's no longer a safe switch in to Exploud's Boomburst.
  3. A tier where Shroomish is ranked higher than Xerneas.
  4. This tier originated due to a Level 100 horribly EVed Samurott in Pokemon white.
  5. Oshawott is passed its Megahorn.
  6. Flygon finally has Dragon Dance! And Swords Dance. And Stealth Rock. All thanks to a gap being closed.
  7. Boomburst Jolteon? Poison-type Haxorus? Poison Heal Lopunny? Sounds super!
  8. Although being slow is the name of the game, one would not like to have a lagging tail.
  9. Greninja is no longer viable in any way shape or form, but suddenly Slowking replaces it as a Water-type sweeper?
  10. You'd think there'd be almost no bans, but that would be quite the contrary!
Deadline: January 9th, 2014

Prize: Possibly (temporary) Voice in the Other Metas room on PS / vop status in #othermetas. Otherwise bragging rights.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Finished! /me hopes for the best Also are we allowed to change answers if we think one of them is wrong?

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not cheating though. Also how do we PM you? On Showdown? And am I supposed to do it now?

Good idea!
  1. Sableye doesn't need Wonder Guard to be immune to Knock Off in this metagame. Immunimons
  2. Chansey's no longer a safe switch in to Exploud's Boomburst. Physical Special Swap
  3. A tier where Shroomish is ranked higher than Xerneas. 350 Cup
  4. This tier originated due to a Level 100 horribly EVed Samurott in Pokemon white. Noobmons
  5. Oshawott is passed its Megahorn. Move Pass
  6. Flygon finally has Dragon Dance! And Swords Dance. And Stealth Rock. All thanks to a gap being closed. Type Bridge
  7. Boomburst Jolteon? Poison-type Haxorus? Poison Heal Lopunny? Sounds super! Super Shuffle
  8. Although being slow is the name of the game, one would not like to have a lagging tail. Slowmons
  9. Greninja is no longer viable in any way shape or form, but suddenly Slowking replaces it as a Water-type sweeper? Slowmons
  10. You'd think there'd be almost no bans, but that would be quite the contrary! AAA
I'll be working on a new round in a bit!

Good idea!
  1. Sableye doesn't need Wonder Guard to be immune to Knock Off in this metagame. Immunimons
  2. Chansey's no longer a safe switch in to Exploud's Boomburst. Physical Special Swap
  3. A tier where Shroomish is ranked higher than Xerneas. 350 Cup
  4. This tier originated due to a Level 100 horribly EVed Samurott in Pokemon white. Noobmons
  5. Oshawott is passed its Megahorn. Move Pass
  6. Flygon finally has Dragon Dance! And Swords Dance. And Stealth Rock. All thanks to a gap being closed. Type Bridge
  7. Boomburst Jolteon? Poison-type Haxorus? Poison Heal Lopunny? Sounds super! Super Shuffle
  8. Although being slow is the name of the game, one would not like to have a lagging tail. Slowmons
  9. Greninja is no longer viable in any way shape or form, but suddenly Slowking replaces it as a Water-type sweeper? Slowmons
  10. You'd think there'd be almost no bans, but that would be quite the contrary! AAA
I'll be working on a new round in a bit!
imo no. 10 would make much more sense as legalmons since the name "almost any ability" doesn't imply anything about bans.

BAD WORDING/10

Trivia Round Two
  1. No Ability allowed. But this isn't No Ability! Also, no Geomancy, no Leftovers, no nothin'.
  2. No miss, no cry. No random status, no cry.
  3. Electabuzz is a tademark Pokemon in this game, and he just doesn't care!
  4. A Talonflame could have a Fire-type U-turn and a Flying-type Bulk Up, while a Thundurus could have an Electric-type Focus Blast! All up your order, really.
  5. Hides in shadows. Hides in the bushes. Lucario is a Normal / Dark type. Lurking. Mysteriously unable to be seen...
  6. The weather is pretty over-controlled, with 22 ways to make it rain!
  7. Sylveon, Wobbufet, and Kyurem-Black are banned for injecting Pokemon in this metagame!
  8. No longer a ladder, no longer a fear, no longer a bird, no longer a tear!
  9. Xx_only_the_best_of_the_best_in_this_league_xX
  10. Why be a follower when you can be a leader? But if you aren't the leader? But what to do when you have no leader? Panic, of course!
Submit answers to me via PM by April 14th! This was dead, /me use revive. I'll keep this going more and more if the community shows more interest n_n.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)