OM Mashup Megathread

I got a sample team I'd like to submit before this show ends and we get on with our next Mashup Spotlight. While this team isn't perfect (it was made by me) I hope it's good enough to give players a general idea of how the STABmons Ubers metagame is like. I won't give off mass amounts of detail, just general info.

Showcasing...

Gusty Winds...

Click on any of the 6 Pokemon above for an importable.

Whew... the winds are gusty tonight, aren't they? It's probably these guys. Well anyway, this was a team I intended to be built around a Dragon Dance Zekrom set without Earth Power. The Zekrom primarily plays a role as a late game sweeper for when its biggest threat(s) are taken care of. What it offers are unique, mostly unresisted, high BP STAB moves with a gift given from the mechanics of this format. This precious model was gifted the ability to dance, boosting the effectiveness of both its STAB moves. We all know this dragon is living and breathing, so every once in a while you have to make sure this dancer sits down, takes a deep breath, and relax. Roost is helpful for sets like this since it enables the Pokemon to last longer and set up more, giving it bigger boosts and helping it sweep. Pokemon from the likes of Kyogre and Zygarde hate this thing already, but holding it off until you find the right opportunity to sweep is what makes this star shine brightest.

From square one I already knew I was heading into trouble with Primal Groudon, so I quickly thought "hmm, what's an unusual Groudon switchin I could have that gains from this meta?" and what popped up in my mind is Mega Latias. Mega Latias is an effective Primal Groudon switchin able to overcome both its STABs and set up on it, but the advantage it gets over its plain Ubers self is the ability to use a high powered special Dragon-type move without risking any sort of stat decrease. This means whatever boosts Calm Mind gives to this Latias, it keeps unless it either switches out or another Pokemon affected it. This Latias also has a stronger Psyshock for Pokemon who think they could still wall. Chansey would be having a sad day just reading this post. I would also like to mention that as usual, dragons need to sit down and breathe sometimes. This doesn't just go for dancing ones, but ones who spend their time trying to meditate. Because of this, Latias utilizes the move Roost to help it set up.

This is the part where I realize everything has Roost...

I brought Landorus to the team because I wanted a Stealth Rock user that was at least somewhat able to defend itself against many Primal Groudon sets better than Primal Groudon itself, and Arceus is banned so this was one of the few Pokemon I was left with. Landorus is equipped with defensive EVs for the use of effective hazard control. With this Pokemon I wanted to make sure I would be able to throw out rocks whenever I wanted, but also defog them whenever I wanted, while keeping the rest of my Pokemon safe. Its EVs are placed as specially defensive due to its intimidate ability already taking care of many worries it would have for physical defense as well as having a physically defensive defogging counterpart somewhere else on the team. U-Turn is added to pivot potentially into a good matchup and at this point we know what Roost does.

Admittedly I have never used this Celesteela. It used to be a Kartana before I replaced it due to its inability to work for the team. The intention I had with this Pokemon was to make sure I had a Fairy-type wall that wasn't weak to Ground or Rock-type moves. This Celesteela is able to Leech Seed on Fairy-type Pokemon or other Pokemon it could wall against, then use King's Shield. Roost makes the process much more annoying for the foe since it's already recovering by Leech Seed. Both King's Shield and its last move, Beak Blast, are used over other moves to lower the defenses of physical attackers, either making them easier to wall and heal off against, or forcing them to switch out, giving it an opportunity to predict and throw a Leech Seed. Mega Mewtwo X is who this Pokemon specifically baits the most, since it will try to set up and use Low Kick against Celesteela if the two had to match up.

Now explaining the Ho-oh, Ho-Oh fits almost all of what I had in mind for a Steel-type, however it's x4 weak to rocks. After putting down my Steel-type, I took a glance at this team and figured, it had nothing to beat Steel-type Pokemon. Because of this I added a Fire-type hard hitter to the table. With Choice Band and V-Create this Pokemon is bound to OHKO a significant portion of the unresisted metagame, and for most things that resist, they can get hit by Dragon Ascent instead. It's not as powerful but it should at least offer a 2HKO to most Pokemon without any damaging recoil. When I built this team, I intended for it to last against offensive teams easier. Because of this, I gave Ho-Oh Sacred Fire over Earthquake. The only purpose of Sacred Fire was to fish for the burns V-Create couldn't pass, in case Pokemon such as Zekrom or Zygarde were trying to switch in. It would more likely harm them permanently.

Speaking of being able to last against offensive teams easier, the last Pokemon was made to be a complete wall. I've decided to use defensive Lunala as my secondary defogger because since my main breaker was Ho-Oh, I figured another Pokemon to clear hazards would be ideal. With its EVs it's meant to survive against the likes of Zygarde, Primal Groudon, and in general, physical attackers. (realistically this team at most is an over preparation of non Toxic Primal Groudon) Its only purposes are to Toxic stall and act as an effective defogger for Ho-Oh along with Landorus. I've given it Ice Beam specifically because Substitute Zygarde is currently a popular set in STABmons Ubers. It could also be replaced by Spectral Thief, but Ice Beam is more effective for damage, other Zygarde sets, Flying-types, and Dragon-type Pokemon of this meta.

That was an explanation I could give for the team. Although I know it's large, yet poor. I hope you enjoy using / fixing it ;_;

Here is a replay of it being used: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-846519887 This was personally my favorite STABmons Ubers team.

Here are all the other legal STABmons Ubers teams I've built: https://pokepast.es/e617b666675b443e As usual, a lot of them were experimental, although most I didn't actually use very much.

Here are all the other STABmons Ubers replays I could find from games I played on this Mashup Spotlight!

Let's get on with some news,

1) If you haven't seen from Drampa's announcement, OM Mashups now has a private subroom! Here's the link: OM Mashups

2) I haven't mentioned this earlier, but the ideal ratio of how tours are made have changed. It is now 2 Mashup Spotlight tours per 3 Official Mashup tours per 1 outside of the other 2 categories, 2:3:1.

3) Yesterday I had the OM Mashups community make some sort of speculative VR based on what we've seen over these two weeks. Click the button below to see where we've placed each Pokemon. In the future, I will put this on a separate post, add icons, and make it more accurate.
S Rank
Groudon-Primal
Zygarde-Complete

A+ Rank
Marshadow
Yveltal
Gengar-Mega
Gothitelle
Mega-Mewtwo-X

A Rank
Lunala
Necrozma-Ultra
Xerneas

A- Rank
Blissey
Ho-oh
Salamence-Mega

B+ Rank
Kyogre-Primal
Dialga
Lucario-Mega
Lugia
Gothorita
Rayquaza
Tyranitar

B Rank
Altaria-Mega
Blaziken-Mega
Chansey
Giratina
Landorus-Therian
Latias-Mega
Porygon-Z
Ferrothorn
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White

B- Rank
Deoxys-A
Giratina-O
Kartana
Kyogre
Snorlax
Diggersby

C+ Rank
Aerodactyl-Mega
Altaria-Mega
Genesect
Ditto
Deoxys-Speed
Silvally-Normal

C Rank
Naganadel
Shaymin-Sky
Palkia
Pheromosa

Now we have at least a fair amount of resources to introduce newer players who would perhaps give this metagame a shot.

4) The first official Mashup Spotlight has ended, but I didn't make a voting round. For the first spotlight, I decided to handle it similarly to OMotM where people can vote for their own choice. For this I've decided to move towards how LCotM works, and it has been decided. The next Mashup Spotlight is going to be Mix and Mega Little Cup!
Mega Stones and Primal Orbs can be used on non-native Pokemon with no Mega Evolution limit in a Little Cup setting.

Clauses:
Little Cup Clauses*

*Swagger Clause is technically a ban, not a clause, and either way it is not applied in this metagame due to the high quantity of Magic Bounce stones.

Banlist:
Pokemon:
Any Pokemon that is evolved, cannot evolve, or is unobtainable at level 5.
Gligar, Gothita, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Tangela, Vulpix
Moves:
Dragon Rage, Sonicboom, Electrify
Items:
Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite, Ultranecrozium Z

FAQ:
Q: Where can I play this?
A: Playable on Rom.psim.us or by tour on the main server.

Q: Can I use Pokemon from the banlist without Mega stones?
A: This should be possible on Rom, however on the main server the tour code has not yet been written for this. For reference, it will involve banning individually the combination of every banned Pokemon + every mega stone.

Q: Why is(n't) X banned?
A: The initial banlist was made to ban as few things as possible while still removing the absurdly broken Pokemon like Gligar and Scyther. Feel free to comment on the banlist and why you feel something should or should not be banned.
/tour new Mix and Mega, Elimination
/tour rules Little Cup, +Gothita, -Gligar + Abomasite, -Gligar + Absolite, -Gligar + Aerodactylite, -Gligar + Aggronite, -Gligar + Alakazite, -Gligar + Altarianite, -Gligar + Ampharosite, -Gligar + Audinite, -Gligar + Banettite, -Gligar + Blastoisinite, -Gligar + Cameruptite, -Gligar + Charizardite X, -Gligar + Charizardite Y, -Gligar + Diancite, -Gligar + Galladite, -Gligar + Garchompite, -Gligar + Gardevoirite, -Gligar + Glalitite, -Gligar + Gyaradosite, -Gligar + Heracronite, -Gligar + Houndoominite, -Gligar + Latiasite, -Gligar + Latiosite, -Gligar + Lopunnite, -Gligar + Lucarionite, -Gligar + Manectite, -Gligar + Metagrossite, -Gligar + Mewtwonite X, -Gligar + Mewtwonite Y, -Gligar + Pinsirite, -Gligar + Sablenite, -Gligar + Salamencite, -Gligar + Sceptilite, -Gligar + Scizorite, -Gligar + Sharpedonite, -Gligar + Slowbronite, -Gligar + Steelixite, -Gligar + Swampertite, -Gligar + Tyranitarite, -Gligar + Venusaurite, -Gligar + Red Orb, -Gligar + Blue Orb, -Misdreavus + Abomasite, -Misdreavus + Absolite, -Misdreavus + Aerodactylite, -Misdreavus + Aggronite, -Misdreavus + Alakazite, -Misdreavus + Altarianite, -Misdreavus + Ampharosite, -Misdreavus + Audinite, -Misdreavus + Banettite, -Misdreavus + Blastoisinite, -Misdreavus + Cameruptite, -Misdreavus + Charizardite X, -Misdreavus + Charizardite Y, -Misdreavus + Diancite, -Misdreavus + Galladite, -Misdreavus + Garchompite, -Misdreavus + Gardevoirite, -Misdreavus + Glalitite, -Misdreavus + Gyaradosite, -Misdreavus + Heracronite, -Misdreavus + Houndoominite, -Misdreavus + Latiasite, -Misdreavus + Latiosite, -Misdreavus + Lopunnite, -Misdreavus + Lucarionite, -Misdreavus + Manectite, -Misdreavus + Metagrossite, -Misdreavus + Mewtwonite X, -Misdreavus + Mewtwonite Y, -Misdreavus + Pinsirite, -Misdreavus + Sablenite, -Misdreavus + Salamencite, -Misdreavus + Sceptilite, -Misdreavus + Scizorite, -Misdreavus + Sharpedonite, -Misdreavus + Slowbronite, -Misdreavus + Steelixite, -Misdreavus + Swampertite, -Misdreavus + Tyranitarite, -Misdreavus + Venusaurite, -Misdreavus + Red Orb, -Misdreavus + Blue Orb, -Murkrow + Abomasite, -Murkrow + Absolite, -Murkrow + Aerodactylite, -Murkrow + Aggronite, -Murkrow + Alakazite, -Murkrow + Altarianite, -Murkrow + Ampharosite, -Murkrow + Audinite, -Murkrow + Banettite, -Murkrow + Blastoisinite, -Murkrow + Cameruptite, -Murkrow + Charizardite X, -Murkrow + Charizardite Y, -Murkrow + Diancite, -Murkrow + Galladite, -Murkrow + Garchompite, -Murkrow + Gardevoirite, -Murkrow + Glalitite, -Murkrow + Gyaradosite, -Murkrow + Heracronite, -Murkrow + Houndoominite, -Murkrow + Latiasite, -Murkrow + Latiosite, -Murkrow + Lopunnite, -Murkrow + Lucarionite, -Murkrow + Manectite, -Murkrow + Metagrossite, -Murkrow + Mewtwonite X, -Murkrow + Mewtwonite Y, -Murkrow + Pinsirite, -Murkrow + Sablenite, -Murkrow + Salamencite, -Murkrow + Sceptilite, -Murkrow + Scizorite, -Murkrow + Sharpedonite, -Murkrow + Slowbronite, -Murkrow + Steelixite, -Murkrow + Swampertite, -Murkrow + Tyranitarite, -Murkrow + Venusaurite, -Murkrow + Red Orb, -Murkrow + Blue Orb, -Scyther + Abomasite, -Scyther + Absolite, -Scyther + Aerodactylite, -Scyther + Aggronite, -Scyther + Alakazite, -Scyther + Altarianite, -Scyther + Ampharosite, -Scyther + Audinite, -Scyther + Banettite, -Scyther + Blastoisinite, -Scyther + Cameruptite, -Scyther + Charizardite X, -Scyther + Charizardite Y, -Scyther + Diancite, -Scyther + Galladite, -Scyther + Garchompite, -Scyther + Gardevoirite, -Scyther + Glalitite, -Scyther + Gyaradosite, -Scyther + Heracronite, -Scyther + Houndoominite, -Scyther + Latiasite, -Scyther + Latiosite, -Scyther + Lopunnite, -Scyther + Lucarionite, -Scyther + Manectite, -Scyther + Metagrossite, -Scyther + Mewtwonite X, -Scyther + Mewtwonite Y, -Scyther + Pinsirite, -Scyther + Sablenite, -Scyther + Salamencite, -Scyther + Sceptilite, -Scyther + Scizorite, -Scyther + Sharpedonite, -Scyther + Slowbronite, -Scyther + Steelixite, -Scyther + Swampertite, -Scyther + Tyranitarite, -Scyther + Venusaurite, -Scyther + Red Orb, -Scyther + Blue Orb, -Sneasel + Abomasite, -Sneasel + Absolite, -Sneasel + Aerodactylite, -Sneasel + Aggronite, -Sneasel + Alakazite, -Sneasel + Altarianite, -Sneasel + Ampharosite, -Sneasel + Audinite, -Sneasel + Banettite, -Sneasel + Blastoisinite, -Sneasel + Cameruptite, -Sneasel + Charizardite X, -Sneasel + Charizardite Y, -Sneasel + Diancite, -Sneasel + Galladite, -Sneasel + Garchompite, -Sneasel + Gardevoirite, -Sneasel + Glalitite, -Sneasel + Gyaradosite, -Sneasel + Heracronite, -Sneasel + Houndoominite, -Sneasel + Latiasite, -Sneasel + Latiosite, -Sneasel + Lopunnite, -Sneasel + Lucarionite, -Sneasel + Manectite, -Sneasel + Metagrossite, -Sneasel + Mewtwonite X, -Sneasel + Mewtwonite Y, -Sneasel + Pinsirite, -Sneasel + Sablenite, -Sneasel + Salamencite, -Sneasel + Sceptilite, -Sneasel + Scizorite, -Sneasel + Sharpedonite, -Sneasel + Slowbronite, -Sneasel + Steelixite, -Sneasel + Swampertite, -Sneasel + Tyranitarite, -Sneasel + Venusaurite, -Sneasel + Red Orb, -Sneasel + Blue Orb, -Tangela + Abomasite, -Tangela + Absolite, -Tangela + Aerodactylite, -Tangela + Aggronite, -Tangela + Alakazite, -Tangela + Altarianite, -Tangela + Ampharosite, -Tangela + Audinite, -Tangela + Banettite, -Tangela + Blastoisinite, -Tangela + Cameruptite, -Tangela + Charizardite X, -Tangela + Charizardite Y, -Tangela + Diancite, -Tangela + Galladite, -Tangela + Garchompite, -Tangela + Gardevoirite, -Tangela + Glalitite, -Tangela + Gyaradosite, -Tangela + Heracronite, -Tangela + Houndoominite, -Tangela + Latiasite, -Tangela + Latiosite, -Tangela + Lopunnite, -Tangela + Lucarionite, -Tangela + Manectite, -Tangela + Metagrossite, -Tangela + Mewtwonite X, -Tangela + Mewtwonite Y, -Tangela + Pinsirite, -Tangela + Sablenite, -Tangela + Salamencite, -Tangela + Sceptilite, -Tangela + Scizorite, -Tangela + Sharpedonite, -Tangela + Slowbronite, -Tangela + Steelixite, -Tangela + Swampertite, -Tangela + Tyranitarite, -Tangela + Venusaurite, -Tangela + Red Orb, -Tangela + Blue Orb, -Vulpix-Base + Abomasite, -Vulpix-Base + Absolite, -Vulpix-Base + Aerodactylite, -Vulpix-Base + Aggronite, -Vulpix-Base + Alakazite, -Vulpix-Base + Altarianite, -Vulpix-Base + Ampharosite, -Vulpix-Base + Audinite, -Vulpix-Base + Banettite, -Vulpix-Base + Blastoisinite, -Vulpix-Base + Cameruptite, -Vulpix-Base + Charizardite X, -Vulpix-Base + Charizardite Y, -Vulpix-Base + Diancite, -Vulpix-Base + Galladite, -Vulpix-Base + Garchompite, -Vulpix-Base + Gardevoirite, -Vulpix-Base + Glalitite, -Vulpix-Base + Gyaradosite, -Vulpix-Base + Heracronite, -Vulpix-Base + Houndoominite, -Vulpix-Base + Latiasite, -Vulpix-Base + Latiosite, -Vulpix-Base + Lopunnite, -Vulpix-Base + Lucarionite, -Vulpix-Base + Manectite, -Vulpix-Base + Metagrossite, -Vulpix-Base + Mewtwonite X, -Vulpix-Base + Mewtwonite Y, -Vulpix-Base + Pinsirite, -Vulpix-Base + Sablenite, -Vulpix-Base + Salamencite, -Vulpix-Base + Sceptilite, -Vulpix-Base + Scizorite, -Vulpix-Base + Sharpedonite, -Vulpix-Base + Slowbronite, -Vulpix-Base + Steelixite, -Vulpix-Base + Swampertite, -Vulpix-Base + Tyranitarite, -Vulpix-Base + Venusaurite, -Vulpix-Base + Red Orb, -Vulpix-Base + Blue Orb, -Dragon Rage, -Sonic Boom, +Shadow Tag
/tour autostart 10
/tour name [Gen 7] Mix and Mega LC

Sample Sets: Wanted
Sample Teams: Wanted
Samples Replays: Wanted

Please note that each Pokemon are required to have their levels manually lowered to 5 for this metagame to be played, since this is LC but the base format we're using for tournaments is Mix and Mega!
Really happy rn. Literally best mashup to be chosen :-). I’m just
MnM LC Let’s GO!

I’ve cooked up a few sets for this meta and i’m Gonna share them (not putting image sprites because laziness).

Cranidos @ Metagrossite / Lopunnite / Daincite / Bulky Gyaradosite / Any physically attacking stone
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash , very strong prepare for death by recoil!
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Filler

Pretty self explanatory, you set up a Rock Polish then the game is practically yours. Gyaradosite can be used because it gets crunch and speed with rock polish, lopunnite if you’ve got guts, but the classic Metagrossite / Diancite will probably be most popular with Stealth Rocks in the Filler. This set will be very good with Healing Wish / Wish support.

Abra @ Absolite / You may as well run Diancite because terrible bulk anyway
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute / Taunt
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

This is literally Darkrai in LC. Like, literally the same idea and tactics. Once you’ve got a Sub and CM up, there’s basically only altarianite draining to stop it nothing to stop this thing going on a rampage.

Munchlax @ Sablenite / Altarianite / whatever
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Power-Up Punch / Filler
- Return

This thing is like so fat. Return hits amazingly hard with Altarianite, and Sablenite can be used to give this tank some incredible bulk. It would be better if it got more reliable recovery but :shrug:. This set is very good with a cleric.

Anorith @ Heracronite
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock / Filler / Rock Polish for fast sets

I think this set is Roldski32’s dream come true. Unfortunately, it is forced to run bulky sets, because Heracronite gives speed drop, but it gets some impressive bulk, hazard control, Rocks, and set up. Very good set right here.

Spritzee @ Sablenite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Wish

I understand. I didn’t want to use this either, but you can’t hide from the fact that it is actually pretty good. An amazing support Pokemon for Muchlax or Cranidos, it is basically lunar dance Cresselia but without fainting, and with some viability. Fairy is an excellent defensive typing from what I can see so far, and nasty plot moonblast hits like a truck against things like Carvanha and Cranidos (Gyaradosite ).

Zorua @ Red Orb
Ability: Illusion
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- U-turn
- Incinerate
- Night Daze

Ha ha ha, I’m not even joking. Under webs, this things is a total beast, with pivot, set up, pretty amazing special attack, and decent fire STAB. Red orb Darkrai in LC.

Will post more later, so reserving Pawniard, Sewaddle, Archen and Solosis to write about. I forgot about level five for all but Zorua, but just imagine they’re all with correct EVs and at level 5.
here are some cool sets made by me. But in my opinion the best set right now is..
OK, what I’m about to suggest is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN SOON. I’m going to suggest a suspect and implementation of another mashup. These aren’t gonna happen soon, so I do not want any arguments in the chat saying that it’s too soon, Ransei.

For Mix and Mega Little Cup, Salamencite / Pinsirite Archen is insane. Crazy insane using this set.
Archen @ Pinsirite / Salamencite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: not sure about this bit because I do not have the aid of the team builder right now. As much speed and attack as possible.
- Return
- Rock Polish / Stealth Rock / Defog / / Roost
- U-Turn
- Head Smash

This hits like a truck. Coming off a whopping 142 or 122 attack stat, not much can wall it. Head Smash is crazy strong, and is great with Wish support to regain Health. Salamencite gives it actually good bulk, not allowing it to be revenge killed by the likes of Altarianite Dratini. U-Turn allows it to build momentum, and actually provides decent coverage. Rock Polish enables it to sweep. Overall, this Pokemon is completely broken in Little Cup Mix and Mega, and I would suggest a suspect if it weren’t for it being to early in the meta. When the meta has grown a bit, this deserves to be suspected. Speaking of which, I feel like this meta should have more tournaments: I’ve only seen one, and my opponent wasn’t online so sw stopped the tour :(. Last thing about the mashup, here’s a team I’ve used a few times against Mark K which I would like to submit for samples.
Archen @ Salamencite

Happiness: 0

EVs: 180 Atk / 132 SpD / 196 Spe

Jolly Nature

- U-turn

- Frustration

- Stealth Rock

- Rock Slide

Gastly @ Lucarionite

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 196 Spe

Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

- Dazzling Gleam

- Taunt

Swirlix @ Gyaradosite

Ability: Sweet Veil

EVs: 180 HP / 228 Def / 100 SpD

Bold Nature

- Protect

- Aromatherapy

- Sticky Web

- Wish

Torchic @ Pinsirite

Ability: Speed Boost

EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Return

- Swords Dance

- Flame Charge

- Will-O-Wisp

Dratini @ Altarianite

Ability: Shed Skin

EVs: 28 HP / 244 Atk / 156 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Substitute

- Extreme Speed

- Dragon Tail

Anorith @ Heracronite

Ability: Battle Armor

EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Rock Blast

- Swords Dance

- Rock Polish

All the spacing out wasn’t intentional but I’m tired so I’m not going to put it right.

Would show replays but am tired, so I’m not going to talk more about implementing MnM Ubers, though please someone at least acknowledge it.
E: LIKING DOESN’T COUNT AS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Archeops is just crazy here, maybe this is the time for a potential suspect when people get to know the meta a bit more? Idk, drampa’s decision. Here’re some threats I can think of:

Ghastly with it’s great STAB options, nice coverage and insane stats with Lucarionite / Diancite, this is a special sweeper to rival Abra. Shadow Ball tends to KO a lot of stuff, especially with the seemingly offensive nature of the metagame.

Archen look at my post above

Dratini being basically a weird version of Altarianite Zygarde, with Extreme Speed making it really quite good with its set up and coverage options.

Anorith with Hercronite seems really quite good, getting Rapid Spin, Rock Polish, Rock Blast, Swords Dance, Stealth Rock, etc. So many options and I don’t like using it because it’s hard to decide XP.

Carvanha with Metagrossite, Lucarionite or any decent attacking stone seems pretty neat (#teamsharpedonite)

Webs seems pretty good, with drampa saying he unbanned Little Cup Uber Pokemon, giving speed control to slower Pokemon like Anorith or Cranidos

Cranidos literally like KOs the nom-resisting meta, but I don’t think is broken due to underwhelming other stats.

That’s all I can think of for now, later I’ll probably turn the poorly formatted team up there into a Pokepaste and fix it up a bit after testing to submit for samples.

E: Not wanting to make a new post but drampa's grandpa (sry for tag) I’m in favour of a quickban unless it proves underwhelming after a tour or 2.

E2: this post is only not rediculously long because I’ve done everything I want to in previous posts XP.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
We just had our first 'suspect' tour for Triage / Thundurus-Therian

I personally found Triage without Thundurus-Therian to be much more underwhelming than before. Thundurus-I and Togekiss lack both the immediate power that would allow them to revenge kill a moderately bulky opponent from mid-high health and the insane power level after boosting which would allow them to beat stuff like Regenvest Muk-A. Bug and Fighting type users struggle in practically sweeping due to common resists in Poison, Flying, and Ghost types. It's still a potent late-game tool for sweeping and a nice revenge killing tool, but not nearly as reliable or oppressive as Thundurus makes it. I look forward to seeing more of these tours.

Please share your thoughts and experiences :D

In other news...
LC MnM!
This is by far the most offensive mashup I have yet played, and anyone who's played a couple games will certainly agree that it's incredibly fast-paced. I will be keeping this in mind as we go ahead looking at bans.

Archen is the first thing that we will be discussing. With STAB -Ate priority, a high speed tier, and an obscene Attack stat along with wide coverage and a neat utility movepool this thing is pretty monstrous. I'm personally in favor of a quickban but I can see arguments against this so please discuss. Is priority / the overall fast pace of the metagame enough to keep strongburd in check?

Also a quick set or two

Ferroseed @ Heracronite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Curse / Rock Polish
- Leech Seed / Explosion

This set abuses the way multi-hit moves work in Little Cup (they hit really hard basically) and makes for a neat bulky set-up sweeper. It won't actually tank that many hits in this metagame, but tanking two is more than most things will. Obviously if you go Rock Polish you should change up the IVs and Nature.

Salandit @ Red Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

This set hits really hard with good STAB coverage for LC. Taunt is replaceable with something like HP Grass, but a number of resists dont want to switch in anyway (192 SpA Salandit Fire Blast vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Archen in Harsh Sunshine: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and Taunt can prevent setup or Rocks.

Ok, here is an LC MnM team I’ve been working on. It’s not perfect yet, not submitting for samples, but I just wanted to show how a team can check lots of threats within the metagame

Description

So the team is centred around an Anorith sweep, once it has a rock polish up the game is basically his. It also provides excellent hazard control and hazards itself with Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock. Not much to say here, really, it’s just a great Pokemon that turns out to sweep a lot of their team. Stealth Rock or Rapid Spin is swappable out for Swords Dance, as that increases the sweeping potential even more.

It became pretty clear that Swirlix was easily the best Sticky Web setter, also providing excellent Wish and Aromatherapy support for the team. Ampharosite might(?) be outclassed by Sablenite because Sablenite bounces Taunts, Toxics, and just provides a bouncer for the team (comes with disadvantage of not being able to Sticky Web on other bounces though). So just some amazing support and speed control!

Archen is just insane in this meta, not wanting to repeat myself oops. So naturally I had to put arguably the best Pokemon in the metagame on my team. So fast, gets pivot, OHKOs life, great coverage, great STAB, help me please. I can only offhand think of one check to this (well, one group of checks), but that’s coming later in the team.

Gastly with Lucarionite is also an amazing wallbreaker, having great coverage, great STAB to destroy a wide variety of things, and also being able to destroy Webs leads. Not a lot I can think of that checks this, apart from the same Pokemon that checks Archen (making it really quite good lel, it can also check no-blast abra, sneasel, And even Cranidos! Can you guess without looking?).

Next up is Dratini. Pinsirite was meant to be Altarianite to revenge kill dark types and gain more SpA, but I mistyped when building. It’s another form of speed control here. Extreme Speed is almost always a KO against things that are weak to it, and checks like steels are invalidated by Fire Blast (screw u, Blue Orb Ferroseed). Dragon Dance makes it even more like Altarianite Zygarde, And does a very similar job to it. I don’t like this Pokemon very much: it checks Zorua.

Lastly, the Pokemon which checks basically the entire metagame: Pawniard. I was looking through the steels so I could put Latio/asite on to check Archen, and this one caught my eye for being a Dark type, also able to check the rest of the Metagame. It gets cheap wins vs all the things it checks, being able to KO every single one of them. Very good Pokemon, and could sacrifice its Archen matchup (and cranidos) to go a more offensive route with Lucarionite.

Conclusion

This isn’t a great team, but I hoped it helped you (shrug) and also I just had fun building it. This meta is far wider than I originally thought, and I know I’ll have fun with it this Spotlight! (Please someone actually join the tours when they come up). Sorry for just ignoring everyone’s sets, and just using my ones, but (shrug again).

But wait! That was draft 1! And I completely forgot to check any Red Orbers in the metagame, apart from Swirlix checking Houndour and Ponyta, but is way to passive lmao. https://pokepast.es/854be249c9343938 is where I replaced Anorith with Omanyte! Omanyte plays the same role but without hazard control (which isn’t too terrible because this is Webs HO). And also check Salandit and stuff. More drafts to comes.

Slowpoke @ Ampharosite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 40 SpA / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Forgot about Solar Beam. This should do the job of checking Red Orbers. I’ll make the full team into a Pokepaste when I submit it. Doesn’t check Houndoor OoPs! Team really sucks right now, working on it!

Last edited:
Alright, time to post more sets on Mnm LC.

Cutiefly @ Manectite
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 36 HP / 120 Def / 240 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The only LC mon with access to Quiver Dance. Also Mix and Mega have Baton Pass listed in their banlist so, yup, we're safe from quiverpassing.
I went for Manectite for Intimidate and slight Defense EV to avoid getting OHKOed by certain hit.

Mudbray @ Aggronite
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

A very nice bulky attacker with 2 strong STAB moves that can potentially OHKO frail mon, Ground + Steel is a great coverage and can check certain -ate users. Because of how heavy Mudbray is, Heavy Slam will deal quite a lot. Unfortunately, its low speed means it had to take a hit first before doing anything.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- U-turn / Roost

Still a good mon. The ability to run Eviolite alongside its decent Defenses is what seperates it to other pokemon. Sadly, Stealth Rocks.

Anyways, I attempted to do a Speed Tier, but its still work in progress, so I will include others later. I just wanted to showcase it so you can have little idea on what's going to outspeed.
Here's how it work : Pokemon ( Stat Boost / Mega Stone / EV )
Note: Choice Scarf is added on Stat Boost
Yanma ( +1 / Diancite / 236 )

Aipom ( +2 / Heracronite / 236+ )
Gligar ( +2 / -- / 236 )

Cutiefly ( +1 / Manectite / 244+ )

Carvanha ( +1 / Metagrossite / 236 )
Cutiefly ( +1 / Manectite / 84+ )
Dwebble ( +2 / -- / 236 or +2 / Heracronite /236+ )

Bellsprout ( +2 / -- / 196+ )*Chlorophyll
Cutiefly ( +1 / -- / 244+ or +1 / Manectite / 84 )
Drifloon ( +2 / -- / 36 )*Unburden
Dwebble ( +2 / Heracronite / 236 )
Klink ( +2 / Pinsirite / 196 )
Ponyta ( +1 / Red Orb or Altarianite / 236+ )
Swirlix ( +2 / -- / 204 )*Unburden
Tangela ( +2 / -- / 116 )*Chlorophyll

Carvanha ( +1 / Lucarionite / 220 or +1 / Pinsirite / 236 )
Diglett ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )
Yanma ( +1 / Cameruptite / 236+ )

Abra ( Diancite: 196+)
Bellsprout ( +2 / -- / 196+ )*Chlorophyll
Klink ( +2 / Altarianite / 196+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )

Elekid ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Gastly ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )
Salandit ( -- / Diancite / 220+ )
Snivy ( +1 / -- / 252+ )
Surskit ( +1 / -- / 236+ )
Yanma ( -- / Diancite /236 or +1 / Cameruptite / 236 )

Archen ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )
Dratini ( +1 / Pinsirite / 196 )
Klink ( +2 / Altarianite / 196 )
Meditite ( +1 / -- / 196+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Metagrossite / 196+ )
Tirtouga ( +2 / -- / 180+)
Zorua ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )

Buneary ( -- / Lopunnite / 236+ )
Doduo ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Magby ( -- / Lopunnite / 252+ )
Sneasel ( -- / -- / 236+ )

Mienfoo ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Pinsirite / 196+ )
Rhyhorn ( +2 / Red Orb / 156 )
Scyther ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Taillow ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Tirtouga ( +2 / -- / 180 )

Dratini ( +1 / Altarianite / 196 )
Gothita ( +1 / -- / 236 )
Porygon ( +1 / -- / 196+ )

Aipom ( -- / Scizorite / 236+ )
Carvanha ( -- / Metagrossite / 236 )
Diglett ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Doduo ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Red Orb / 236+ )
Gastly ( -- / Lucarionite / 180+ )
Pawniard ( -- / Metagrossite / 196+ )

Aipom ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Archen ( -- / Pinsirite / 196+ )
Gligar ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Mienfoo ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Misdreavus ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Murkrow ( -- / -- / 188+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Red Orb or Altarianite / 196+ )
Taillow ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Wingull ( -- / Blue Orb / 236+ )

Pawniard ( -- / Lucarionite / 196+ )
Salandit ( -- / Red Orb or Latiasite or Latiosite / 220+ )
Vullaby ( -- / Lucarionite / 180+ )

Anorith ( -- / Heracronite / 236+ )
Mienfoo ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Onix ( -- / Gyaradosite / 196+ )
Surskit ( -- / Gyaradosite / 236+ )
Vulpix ( -- / -- / 236+ )

Carvanha ( -- / Blue Orb / 236 )
Pawniard ( Latiasite / Latiosite: 196+ )

Dwebble ( Heracronite: 236+)
Also, Diancite gives the highest speed because its broken.

Last edited:
Ok, here’s another team that I use for MnM LC with significantly better results than that trash team I posted earlier. The team revolves around Elekid getting free switches and then pivoting out and killing with volt switch.

Team
Elekid @ Diancite
Ability: Static
EVs: 92 Atk / 180 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Psychic

Salandit @ Red Orb
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Pawniard @ Lucarionite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Torchic @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Flame Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Mudbray @ Aggronite
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

As I said before, I built the team around Elekid, a rediculously fast Pokemon with Diancite, outspending Archen, Gastly, Scyther and about every other fast offensive Pokemon out there apart from diancite Voltorb and kills Archen, heavily chips Gastly, almost KOs Scyther, etc etc. It’s really quite a good Pokemon and thank you Roldski32 for showing me this set in battle. Cross Chop is for Pawniard even though they would KO with Sucker Punch anyway, but mainly for chipped Mudbrays, Psychic is for Salandit, Ice Punch is for general Bolt Beam, And Volt switch because I’m assuming you read this paragraph.

Next comes Salandit from drampa’s sets, and I’m happy to say it is actually really very good. I put Wisp instead of HP Grass because like it helps against Dratini, rendering it almost useless. Fire Blast is a very strong damage dealer, KOing the likes of Mudbray, Scyther, any Diancite users, Cuteifly (though use Sludge Wave there) and obviously Ferrothorn and Pawniard. Sludge Wave is for general coverage, mainly against Fairies and Blue Orb Grasses, but it’s useful to have another move there, even if I don’t end up using it all that much. Taunt is for hazard setters and suicide leads and stuff.

I really enjoy using pursuit trapping, even if I don’t like facing it. Pawniard is a crazy strong wall breaker, especially when you predict a Manectite user and haven’t Megad (apart from that damn time when Roldski32 remembered HP Fighting on his Cuteifly). It can take massive chunks out of teams, like instantly removing the Gastly with Pursuit. Sucker Punch is for Diancite users, or just frail Pokemon like Abra, Iron Head is the primary damage dealer, and Swords Dance can often set you up for a Sucker Sweep. +2 Sucker Punch also KOs Scyther which is nice. Normal Sucker weakens it for Elekid to come flying in.

I enjoy Pivots, I enjoy Technician, I enjoy Pursuit and I enjoy using PU Pokemon in LC. Ha whatever this is Scyther. Aerial Ace is still a great wallbreaker due to Techncian, and Eviolite combined with its decent bulk with Roost can make it a nuisance for many teams, especially when it pivots out before it gets hurt. Not really much to say here. Pursuit kills stuff weak to dark like Abra and Gastly, U-turn deals a fair bit of damage, Aerial Ace kills a bunch of Pokemon, and Roost to make enemies.

Torchic, as several of my opponents can testify (aka 1 match vs Ransei and about 3 vs Roldski32) is an excellent sweeper, Swords Dance with that Speed from Flame Charge / Speed Boost can make it rediculously hard to deal with. Even Dratini can’t revenge kill it, and it can just laugh and just click Will o Wisp. Unless it’s very chipped already for priority, it almost always pulls of a sweep at +2 (lol even then it can just Wisp vs Sucker Punch Pawniard). Return deals a bunch of damage, Flame Charge is primary Fire STAB as well as boosting speed, SD and Wisp are already explained.

Lastly we have a Mudbray, inspired to me again by roldski32, and is very good. Heavy Slam dishes out huge damage, Stealth Rocks really helps this team, and EQ is also a great damage dealer, honestly, this thing literally beat my entire team when I MISSED TWO WISPS AND A FIRE BLAST not that I’m salty or anything. Not much to say here, Close Combat KOs stuff like Pawniard, Earthquake also KOs stuff like Pawniard, and Heavy Slam does huge damage to a lot of stuff.

Here I changed Torchic for Dratini, because as pointed out many times below, the team had no answer to Carvanha, which just swept through the team. Here, Dratini can OHKO it but needs to stay healthy otherwise Carvanha sweeps late-game. Great sweeper altogether, new importable below.

Replays

Vs Roldski32 R1 (original version)
(well actually r2 after that Wisp and Fire Blast misses)
Here Elekid really shows it’s worth, pulling off kills vs Archen and Scyther. Salandit also revenged killed that Tangela, which I think was Eviolite. Pawniard showed off his Sucker Punches, Torchic would have showed off his worth but he just enjoys missing. Salandit’s 4x resist to Extreme Speed also paid off (OMG I just realised how similar Salandit was to Naganadel)

Vs Roldski32 r2 (original version)
Torchic would have pulled off a very impressive sweep if it had critted if it got a higher roll vs Mudbray. I played awfully that game, I could have easily won if I hadn’t pivoted against Klink. Still, shows the team in action /me shrug.

Vs Roldski32 r3 (original version)
Torchic really showed it’s worth here, even though it died to non-mega Dratini, but it took down Ribombee and Tangela very well. (Probs a misclick on his part though, now I think about it). Salandit also proved itself as a vital member of the team.

Vs ransei (different team)
I know It’s not the same team, but Torchic really comes through here, Wisping Pawniard so Dratini could take it on and KOing 2 of his Pokemon. I would have faced Ransei again but uh
[07:14:46] %Ransei: i can't rn
[07:14:49] %Ransei: lobby is too chaotic

Vs We Wuz Nidokangz (new team)
In this battle, due to me noticing (or rather disciple telling me) the lack of carvanha answers, I decided to go Dratini over Torchic, and hopefully this can remove the controversy about whether Little Cup Uber Pokemon can mega evolve in my team. It proved to be an excellent decision, giving me a free win against his entire team pretty much, although I didn’t use it that much. And so I’ve deicided to change the team to Dratini.

Threatlist

Thank you Disciple_1 for pointing this out, but there are some serious flaws in this team. Primarily: Carvanha. This team has nothing to beat this bar Scyther living an unboosged hit from full health and KOing back. So the team nearly almost nothing can beat it. An option would be to go Dratini over Mudbray or Torchic, but for now, I’ll keep the team as it is. As such, after my battle with We Wuz Nidokangz above, I’ve decided to change the team to Dratini. New Importable:
Elekid @ Diancite
Ability: Static
EVs: 92 Atk / 180 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Psychic

Salandit @ Red Orb
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Pawniard @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Mudbray @ Aggronite
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Dratini @ Altarianite
EVs: 28 HP / 244 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

Trick room virtually renders Elekid useless, and the team would promptly get swept by Hercronite Sandslash-A. There is no counterplay for Trick Room on this team

(More to come)

Conclusion
This team is way more solid than the others I’ve used, and really fun as well! I haven’t had the chance to use it in any tours because I haven’t seen any!!,!! Sad. Anyway, that’s the team.[/hide]

Last edited:
After playing some games in MnM LC, I would like to discuss a few potentially broken mon.

The first thing that comes in about Archen is its high attack stats. Mega Stones allows it to removed its otherwise worse ability in Defeatist, with commonly used being Pinsirite. It has everything it needs: physical moves like Stone Edge, Earthquake and Quick Attack, special moves like Heat Wave and Earth Power and some useful moves in Steath Rock, U-turn and Rock Polish. The only problem on Pinsirite Archen was it hits only 19 Speed, while good, still struggles against 20+ speed mon that can tank a Quick Attack, namely Sneasel and Metagrossite Pawniard. But I'm starting to think that it is one of best Web abuser.

Despite being banned from Mega Evolving, some people find Scyther still being broken mainly due to its ability to tank strong neutral hits with its bulk + Eviolite, which allows it to easily set-up Sword Dance. It also has STAB U-turn alongside it good speed tier, that enables it to get out quickly and can deal respectable damage and also Roost for greater longevity. It also appreciates Diancite users and other Mbounce stones like Absolite and Sablenite for their ability to bounce back Stealth Rock from non-Mold Breaker leads.

Well, I think that's all I have to say about them, though I think its still not enough yet, like I'm missing something...
Also, since MnM LC is an offensive-based meta. most bulky mon gets 2HKOed by most attackers.

After playing a couple matches of MnM LC I'm going to drop some sets (nvm this is basically my team lol) that I have been using.
Spritzee @ Aggronite
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Not sure if anyone posted this set before but basically you trade Eviolite for Steel type which can be pretty useful at times. Really bulky and is a useful defensive glue for BO teams. 132 HP hits an odd number for recovery.
Vullaby @ Manectite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
Solid pivot with decent speed and nice bulk along with U-turn. HP Fighting can be run over a STAB to smack Pawniard which can be really troublesome if it gets the Defiant Boost.
Onix @ Latiosite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
This is an amazing Archen switch-in provided you Megaed or don't switch into an EQ. Decent hazard setter as well and a solid emergency check with Sturdy. Probably should run some speed and more attack investment.
Staryu @ Absolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Probably the best hazard control in the meta. Excellent Speed and actually decent bulk and power makes it very nice as a revenge killer. Scald burns are also very nasty to deal with.
Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
Traps Abra and Ghastly.
Pawniard @ Lucarionite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
Good breaker, revenge killer, sweeper, etc. Knock Off is still useful against Eviolites. EVs are for post-mega.

After playing a couple matches of MnM LC I'm going to drop some sets (nvm this is basically my team lol) that I have been using.
Spritzee @ Aggronite
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Not sure if anyone posted this set before but basically you trade Eviolite for Steel type which can be pretty useful at times. Really bulky and is a useful defensive glue for BO teams. 132 HP hits an odd number for recovery.
Vullaby @ Manectite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
Solid pivot with decent speed and nice bulk along with U-turn. HP Fighting can be run over a STAB to smack Pawniard which can be really troublesome if it gets the Defiant Boost.
Onix @ Latiosite
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
This is an amazing Archen switch-in provided you Megaed or don't switch into an EQ. Decent hazard setter as well and a solid emergency check with Sturdy. Probably should run some speed and more attack investment.
Staryu @ Absolite
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Probably the best hazard control in the meta. Excellent Speed and actually decent bulk and power makes it very nice as a revenge killer. Scald burns are also very nasty to deal with.
Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
Traps Abra and Ghastly.
Pawniard @ Lucarionite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
Good breaker, revenge killer, sweeper, etc. Knock Off is still useful against Eviolites. EVs are for post-mega.
Those sets look pretty solid! On Pawniard I prefer Pursuit over Knock Off, because there’s a lot less to Knock Off here, but I do understand your reasoning. With Grimer I would still prefer Sablenite because it gives Magic Bounce against other hazard setters, even though it does give less bulk. I did in fact post that set for Spiritzee lul but who cares.

My thoughts on Archen

Archen is a monstrous beast in MnM LC, and deserves the examining it’s getting. But is it really broken? Let’s look at what makes Archen good.

First and foremost, it’s huge attacking power. Return pretty much KOs or 2KOs anything that does resist, and it has great coverage to hit things that does resist it, such as earthquake and heat wave. But Archen needs to be faster than the opponent in order to kill them, because switching in MnM LC is actually quite rare, we just sack something then move on to the check. With Archen, even against one of its checks, it can just click U-Turn and wait for the Pokemon to die. (Often U-Turn kills super-effective Pokemon LOL). Since it needs to be faster due to its fragility, the Pokemon doesn’t outspeed all that much with Pinsirite: Elekid doesn’t even need to Mega Evolve so it can take Quick Attack better and still kill it. And most Mega Evolved Pokemon outspeed it, even when it’s running Diancite, Metagrossite Elekid can outspeed (I keep on talking about Elekid because I can’t be bothered to think of examples). Trick Room renders this thing useless, almost completely. So right now, my verdict is wait and see the true extent of how good it is, then take action: probably suspect. I’m definitely not in favour of a quickban.

E: This reasoning is trash, but I’m still giving my opinion shrug.

Going to post 2 sets in MnM LC.

Ponyta @ Metagrossite / Aerodactylite
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Horsepower
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp

Metagrossite gives more speed, but Aerodactylite gives more attack and slight bulk. Both gives Tough Claws, which boost most of Ponyta's physical attacks.Will-O-Wisp is used to crippled physical attackers for the rest of the game while avoiding Sucker Punch from Pawniard. Flame Body is used pre-Mega to potentially crippled physical attackers like Altarianite Dratini using Extremespeed, Scyther using U-turn, Pawniard using Iron Head, etc.

Frillish @ Cameruptite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room

This is the one I used earlier. Cameruptite unfortunately lowers speed, which is not good in a offensively-based meta where speed is important. But Luckily for Frillish, it gets access to Trick Room to turn the tides. Trick Room in general is rather subpar in regular LC due to lack of good abusers. But in here, we get some potential TR abusers like the aforementioned Cameruptite, Heracronite, and Download Porygon. Though in my opinion, Trick Room is just only decent at best.

Can someone explain to me why you can't mega evolve twice in pure hackmons? It seems like you should be able to be able to do it in the game with hacks. It may be a rare occasion that you would need to mega evolve twice in a PH game but it's the finer details that make the game all the better.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Can someone explain to me why you can't mega evolve twice in pure hackmons? It seems like you should be able to be able to do it in the game with hacks. It may be a rare occasion that you would need to mega evolve twice in a PH game but it's the finer details that make the game all the better.
Because it's still bound by the mechanics of the base game, just like BH is. Hackmons only really deals with "hacking" items/EVs/moves/abilities onto already existing Pokemon, not hacking the actual game.

Because it's still bound by the mechanics of the base game, just like BH is. Hackmons only really deals with "hacking" items/EVs/moves/abilities onto already existing Pokemon, not hacking the actual game.
Thank you for explaining to me, I'm not trying to say that multiple mega evolutions should be allowed. It just seemed odd to me that with all these hacking devices none of them can actually give the player multiple mega evolutions.

Wheee mnm lc sets

Honedge @ Banettite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD / 16 Spe
Brave Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

It's the mega banette Mega Banette always wanted to be.
With passive damage nowhere to be seen, a resistance to most* common formes of priority and PP stalling dbonds being unviable, the meta really favors this set.
Factor in own stab sneak, great coverage and a high attack stat, this always breaks even at worst or claims multiple opposing mons that lets it more or less choose what it's checking each game.
*aqua jet is neutral, sucker punch is SE but doesnt break through the prankster bonding and i havent seen anything else use shadow sneak in this Mashup so far

Trapping is balanc (Diglett) @ Diancite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Filler
- Filler
- Sucker Punch

Turns out one turn of arena trap is enough to remove a chunk of dangerous mons like that discount fire-type keldeo named Ponyta.
Diancite ensures outspeeding after the megaing and actually killing things you want to trap with your weak diglett.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I have come with some good news, some bad news, and more good news.

The good news is, we now have a new official mashup! Please welcome: CAAAmomons (Camomons + Almost Any Ability)
Pokémon can use any ability, barring the few that are restricted to their natural users, while being able to change type to match their first two moves.
Clauses:
OU Clauses
Ability Clause: Teams are limited to 2 of the same ability, this includes "variants" such as Teravolt and Turboblaze.

Bans:
Pokemon: Archeops, Dragonite, Hoopa-Unbound, Kartana, Keldeo, Kyurem-Black, Regigigas, Shedinja, Slaking, Terrakion, Weavile
Restricted Abilities:
Arena Trap, Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

Unbans:
Pokemon:
Aegislash, Genesect, Landorus, Metagross-Mega, Naganadel

FAQ:
Q: Where is this playable?
A: Playable via tours on the main server.
/tour new gen7camomons, elimination, 32, 1
/tour rules Ignore Illegal Abilities, Ability Clause, +Aegislash, +Genesect, +Landorus, +Metagross-Mega, +Naganadel, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Archeops, -Dragonite, -Hoopa-Unbound, -Keldeo, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Slaking, -Terrakion, -Weavile
/tour autostart 10
/tour name [Gen7] CAAAmomons

Sample Sets: Wanted!
Sample Teams: Wanted!
Replays: Wanted!

The bad news is, we've also lost an official mashup. AG Doubles (Anything Goes Doubles) will no longer be held as an official mashup.

The final announcement is that Drampa and I are letting you guys vote for our next Mashup Spotlight again, although this time admittedly the options seem one-sided. We've decided to allow two fairly good options for you guys to vote for and the voting takes place in the OM Mashups subroom! All you have to do is join the subroom and pick one of our two options! This time we're featuring BH Doubles (Balanced Hackmons Doubles) and our new official mashup! Can't wait to get this going!

I'm not super familiar with either Camomons or AAA, but theorymonning is fun, especially with your favorite Pokemon.

Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
Ability: No Guard / Magic Guard / Regenerator / Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Roost / Hidden Power [Ground]

Fire/Flying is amazing offensively and better than Fire/Bug defensively, but it faces two problems: inaccurate STABs and a severe weakness to Stealth Rocks. No Guard solves the former, while Magic Guard and Regenerator alleviate the latter. Intimidate is also an option to patch up Volcarona's low physical bulk and provide more setup opportunities, and would probably work better with a bulkier EV spread.

Last edited:
With the announcement of CAAAmomons becoming official (and no longer a bootleg meta), I think I now have an excuse to propose we watch out for two things in particular that could easily turn out disgusting: Victini and Magnet Pull.

Victini is probably the more insane threat; when I was trying to build stall (of course I was gonna build stall, you expect me to do anything less in this stall heaven?), I legitimately couldn't find a 100% counter outside of a gimmicky Flash Fire Gastrodon, since it could just go hypermode with Adamant+Tinted Lens+Choice Band, and for any ordinary Flash Fire mon, Mold Breaker. Granted, such a set would be eaten up by more offensive teams, but it still has next to no switch ins between those two sets.

The next thing I propose on this watchlist is Magnet Pull, because Steel is just an insanely good type that's incredibly splashable. Seriously, go through your old teams for this and find me one where there isn't a single steel type. Granted, this is a lot less of an issue than Victini, but it has the potential to become problematic.

Just some quick sets to get young padawans stallers started here:

Ah, Avalugg, how great a physical wall you are...just to start with, its physical bulk is just insane, at a whopping 95/184, with reliable recovery in Recover! Just a nice side is how nice its movepool is, giving it a decent choice for its defensive type, from Dark, Normal, Ground, Steel, Poison, even Water if you are brave enough! Oh yeah, did I mention this thing has Rapid Spin? Like legit, I can't recommend this Pokemon enough for stall, it's almost required.

Articuno is a lot less impressive than our last Pokemon, but it holds a really nice role as a Prankster Hazer. Prankster Haze, Prankster Roost, even Defog if you really want to. The main issue this thing has is finding a good type. Personally, I use Steel Wing to make this Steel/Flying, with Icium Z and U-turn (U-turn to circumvent slower Magnet Pulls), Icium Z gives a nice full heal in an emergency situation. This is just a really useful Pokemon, and although its a lot less required than Avalugg, it still provides a nice role.

Similarly to Articuno, Mandibuzz is a Pokemon that struggles with finding a type. Personally, I use PHeal with Ground/Flying (it gets Ground with Bone Rush), which gives it some useful switches against Tapu Koko and similar Pokemon, but I digress. Honestly, this thing is just a decent hazard remover, not amazing, but hey, not everything can be Avalugg. I guess at least it can phaze and heal, though.

I know there isn't much in this post, but there's very likely going to be more to come. I have loved this mashup since I first played it near the beginning of mashups, so it'll be interesting seeing how it becoming official changes things up.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

1548479219854.png
/
1548479234945.png
|
1548479219854.png
/
1548479265011.png
|
1548479234945.png
/
1548479265011.png

Kommo-o @ Figy Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw / Fire Punch
- Fire Punch / Iron Head
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Substitute + Belly Drum will activate Figy Berry, healing Kommo-o, and Unburden, doubling its speed. Magnezone, unless Z or Specs, won't break Kommo-o's sub if it's Dragon / Fire. There may be some type and/or EV optimizations here, but this seems like a solid pick for HO builds in my eyes.

Oh Arceus, it's happened. I'm hooked on theorymonning again.

Xurkitree @ Normalium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire]

STAB Tri Attack with priority. Went Normal/Fairy to scare the Dark types that are immune to your Prankster priority.

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish

Mega Blastoise but with set-up options.

Hariyama @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Belly Drum

Classic Belly Drum + Gluttony combo that combines the bulk of Snorlax and the priority of Linoone, all with the typing of Bisharp.

Golisopod @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Golisopod is one of those Pokemon that, while not quite as severe as some other cases, really wants a different ability. CAAAmomons grants it that, with the typing of Krookodile.

It's just occurred to me that most of the sets I've made involve priority.

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash
- Endeavor

Let's fix that.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
I have come with some good news, some bad news, and more good news.

The good news is, we now have a new official mashup! Please welcome: CAAAmomons (Camomons + Almost Any Ability)
Pokémon can use any ability, barring the few that are restricted to their natural users, while being able to change type to match their first two moves.
Clauses:
OU Clauses
Ability Clause: Teams are limited to 2 of the same ability, this includes "variants" such as Teravolt and Turboblaze.

Bans:
Pokemon: Archeops, Dragonite, Hoopa-Unbound, Kartana, Keldeo, Kyurem-Black, Regigigas, Shedinja, Slaking, Terrakion, Weavile
Restricted Abilities:
Arena Trap, Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

Unbans:
Pokemon:
Aegislash, Genesect, Landorus, Metagross-Mega, Naganadel

FAQ:
Q: Where is this playable?
A: Playable via tours on the main server.
/tour new gen7camomons, elimination, 32, 1
/tour rules Ignore Illegal Abilities, Ability Clause, +Aegislash, +Genesect, +Landorus, +Metagross-Mega, +Naganadel, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Archeops, -Dragonite, -Hoopa-Unbound, -Keldeo, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Slaking, -Terrakion, -Weavile
/tour autostart 10
/tour name [Gen7] CAAAmomons

Sample Sets: Wanted!
Sample Teams: Wanted!
Replays: Wanted!

The bad news is, we've also lost an official mashup. AG Doubles (Anything Goes Doubles) will no longer be held as an official mashup.

The final announcement is that Drampa and I are letting you guys vote for our next Mashup Spotlight again, although this time admittedly the options seem one-sided. We've decided to allow two fairly good options for you guys to vote for and the voting takes place in the OM Mashups subroom! All you have to do is join the subroom and pick one of our two options! This time we're featuring BH Doubles (Balanced Hackmons Doubles) and our new official mashup! Can't wait to get this going!
Yay CAAAmomons!

To start I'd like to talk about Protean.

I don't believe this is really a broken ability in this metagame. It no longer gives Pokemon with absurd coverage as much of an increased edge, because they're a) usually better off running something like Adaptability, b) restricted to two additional STABs beyond what their base typing gives them. I would like to hear opinions on this, as its clearly still a strong ability with defensive as well as offensive utility and the ability to perform as a lure, as well as giving mons the ability to use whatever base typing best for switchins they can finagle out of their moveset.

Nothing will be getting banned yet. This is a really interesting metagame in that there is a huge amount of customizability in terms of Pokemon so there's basically nothing without answers waiting to be found. This will never change, but at the same time some things are clearly banworthy. I hope to explore what exactly it means to be banworthy in CAAAmomons more in the coming month(s).

Some sets because

STAB BOOMBURST (Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Noivern gets STAB Boomburst in this metagame. Normal/Dark is pretty nice coverage, but with Tinted Lens all you're really going to do is spam BOOMBURST all day unless a ghost or a Chansey switches in.

Manaphy @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Scald
- U-turn
- Knock Off

There are actually an absurd number of Pokemon that make good regenvesters in this metagame. Manaphy, Mew, SIlvally of all things, etc etc etc. Pivoting, bulk, decent typing, and some way to discourage offensive Pokemon setting up is all you really need. I like this set. Here are some others.

Mew @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Scald

Obviously this can run just about any typing it wants.

Silvally @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Fang
- Crunch
- U-turn

This set is a bit weak but has good utility moves.

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dazzling Gleam / Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bulkier than standard issue pixies on the special side, but with fewer moves and thus typings to play with than something like Mew.

Cobalion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt / X-Scissor
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

This outpaces 252+ Heatran, which may or may not be a good mark to shoot for.

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Spin and Pivot. Not that great but has some useful role compression.

Xurkitree @ Normalium Z
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power Ground or Fire
- Tail Glow

Prankster STAB Z-Nature Power off of +3 173 SpA can OHKO a regenvest Mew/Manaphy/similarly bulky Pokemon from full every time. +3 252+ SpA Xurkitree Breakneck Blitz (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Mew: 426-502 (105.4 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Dazzling Gleam hits Dark types, Energy Ball hits Rock types, Hidden Power can be used to pick off Steel types but Xurk can't get fighting :(

DAMMIT DrPumpkinz

On the metagame itself... stall is clearly a dominant and easily built playstyle. I'm not going to try to change that about this metagame, but if certain aspects of stall prove too strong then they will be dealt with in time. For now I recommend that you heavily prep for stall. People not named NOC or Pigeons love to post offensive sets at first because they're more fun, but stuff like Chansey, Avalugg, and Kyurem are likely to be much more influential here given time.

Did I say Kyurem? Oh right, this.

Kyurem @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire / Volt Absorb
EVs: Lots of HP / Not much Atk or SpA / The rest in Def and/or SpD
Thicc Nature
- Iron Head / Flash Cannon
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Remember to vote for Mashup Spotlight!

In other news...
In the next couple days I'll be deciding / announcing when the next Triage 'suspect' tour is, so stay tuned.
I'm afraid I haven't had the time or energy to play as much LC MnM as I wanted this time round, so I'm holding off on a decision on Archen for now. Hopefully will make a decision in the next couple days as well!

While i rarely played CAAAmomons, i would still liked to share my opinion on this pokemon:

This interests me. Its arguably one of the most versatile pokemon out there, with 100 stats all around and a very good movepool that allows customization. While it can do it in regular Camomons, here, it gets any ability it desires, ranging from Adaptability, Sheer Force to Regenerator and Poison Heal. I can see more and more sets it can run viably, like offensive sweeper, bulky sweeper, defensive, stallbreaker, and pretty much anything you want. Although it struggles massively from 4MSS, because it can't fit anything it wants. But it can be hard to check/counter until its sets are revealed.

While i rarely played CAAAmomons, i would still liked to share my opinion on this pokemon:

This interests me. Its arguably one of the most versatile pokemon out there, with 100 stats all around and a very good movepool that allows customization. While it can do it in regular Camomons, here, it gets any ability it desires, ranging from Adaptability, Sheer Force to Regenerator and Poison Heal. I can see more and more sets it can run viably, like offensive sweeper, bulky sweeper, defensive, stallbreaker, and pretty much anything you want. Although it struggles massively from 4MSS, because it can't fit anything it wants. But it can be hard to check/counter until its sets are revealed.
Agreed. Mew is incredible in AAA and inc edible here because it can get a better typing. Whether it wants to run Adaptability, Magic Bounce, Prankster, Poison Heal, Intimidate or like anything else, it’s really great. Now for some of my sets.

Naganadel @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability / Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt / coverage
- Dark Pulse / coverage

Adaptability Fire Blast spam. ‘Nuff said. But seriously why is this allowed. This is arguably the best wall breaker in the game. I don’t know what to say tbh.

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off

This actually hits a lot harder than I thought it would. Close Combat virtually revenge killing the offensive non-resisting metagame.

Unfortunately all my teams were deleted recently, so I don’t have any teams to share :(.

#MissionAccomplished

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
The next STAAABmons 'Suspect' Tour will be taking place this Tuesday, January 29th, at 3 PM GMT or 10 AM EST. Thundurus-Therian will once again be banned for the tour. Please continue to discuss your opinions on Triage and the ways of abusing it.

I'm thinking there will be one more tour after this, for a total of three. If you cannot make it to either of the first two and wish to play in the third LET ME KNOW WHAT TIMES WORK preferably by Smogon PM, so I can schedule appropriately.

EDIT: Second tour has happened. Here are the replays!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-855436585
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-855431938
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-855433382

My thoughts are... I used a Muk-A to check a Togekiss! That wouldn't happen against a Thundy-T. More to follow possibly. As I have already shared on this topic and didn't win this tour I'll leave the majority of this to others :)

Last edited:
I would like to give my opinions on the current suspect in STAAABmon.

I feel like both Thundurus formes abuses Triage the most.Gladly most Regenvest users are only 2HKO, but the thing is most of them are unable to OHKO them in return, even with super-effective hits as they tend to invest more on HP and SpDef.

4 SpA Meloetta Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 223-264 (74.5 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Magearna Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 194-230 (64.8 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-Heat Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 175-207 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Though Rotom-Heat is only 4HKOed by +2 Tbolt, making it one of reliable checks, unless everyone is starting to pack HP Ground but... eh

Volt Absorb Celesteela and Chansey can check them, but it is completely shut down by Taunt variants, unless Magic Bounce on the latter and both Thundurus formes resist both of the former's STAB moves.

I think there are some fast offensive mon that can tank +2 Owing and hit back hard like Ice Judgment Jolteon.

But, i'm still can't decide yet whether to ban Triage or Thundurus-Therian. If Thundurus-Therian got banned, the Incarnate form might be problematic too, i mean Thundy-I is already borderline broken in STABmon. But if they banned it in regular STABmon, then i can surely say to ban Thundurus-Therian. Other Triage abusers doesn't seem as problematic as Thundy, well i'm not sure much on Togekiss and Honchkrow. But i can see Oblivion Wing makes Triage look unhealthy, due to Flying being a great offensive typing and heal absurd amount of HP. I'm not really on the banning of Oblivion Wing though, don't misunderstand me for this.

Now for some sets.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick / Lunar Dance

I think i haven't seen this one yet. Specs Psystrike hits very hard under Psychic Terrain that it 2HKOs most special wall including Chansey and most RegenVest users like Magearna and Meloetta. For the last slot, Trick is used to crippled certain walls it struggles with or Lunar Dance to bring something back to full health. Alakazite is another option if you want more speed and power, but it will lose Psysurge and can waste a Mega Slot.

252 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Psystrike vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 168-198 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Psystrike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 501-589 (71.2 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Meloetta in Psychic Terrain: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Psystrike vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 183-216 (46 - 54.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Now Landorus-Therian actually gets a strong Flying STAB that Adaptability is a viable option for it. At +2, Z-Dragon Ascent hits incredibly hard that it scores a OHKO on certain bulky pokemon, such as Specially Defensive Celesteela, Unaware Chansey and Intimidate Hippowdon.

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Unaware Chansey: 594-700 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Celesteela: 433-510 (109 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Adaptability Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 430-508 (102.3 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It has been made clear, CAAAmomons will be our next OM Mashup Spotlight! Thanks for your votes. This format will start to be featured tomorrow, and hopefully, would gain more attention than our last spotlight.

This time I haven't built many teams, only three from the last spotlight. I think the Carvanha one could be at least decent. Soon I will create a community vr for this format.

All of the teams I used are below.
=== [gen7mixandmega] [MnM LC] Carvanha Carvanha [R] ===

Carvanha @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

Ferroseed @ Blue Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 188 Def / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock

Lemonade (Dratini) @ Altarianite
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 32 HP / 244 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Facade

Spritzee @ Red Orb
Ability: Healer
EVs: 16 SpA / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Archen's Cousin (Tirtouga) @ Latiasite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge

Staryu @ Aggronite
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam

=== [gen7mixandmega] [MnM LC] Magna Clover [R] ===

Top 24 m8 (Magnemite) @ Absolite
EVs: 196 Def / 236 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

try hitting me (Larvesta) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect
- Leech Life

all breakers go (Spritzee) @ Aggronite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 52 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Hazards? (Bergmite) @ Sablenite
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Toxic

Meanfoo (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Hope ur ready (Pawniard) @ Lucarionite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

=== [gen7mixandmega] [MnM LC] Godzilla - King of Monsters [R] ===

Let it rip (Ferroseed) @ Blue Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 188 Def / 228 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Mewtwo-Mega-Z (Abra) @ Banettite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 SpA / 236 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Psychic Terrain
- Taunt
- Psychic

Paniward? np (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

King of Monsters (Cranidos) @ Diancite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

cus Dratini (Mareanie) (F) @ Aggronite
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Sludge Wave

What's a Ponyta? (Archen) @ Pinsirite
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Replays may be posted on a later day.

I've already made two teams to start off our new mashup spotlight and I will start posting sets, perhaps good, perhaps strange.

I'll kick things off with some sets.

Mr. Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD || 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature || Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Recover

This Porygon2 is indifferent to both Toxic and setup, making it a tough duck to quack. It packs three methods of annoying the opponent -- STAB Foul Play for physical attackers that don't resist it; Toxic for things that aren't immune, and Psywave for any (non-Dark-type) that lacks recovery.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Levitate / Magic Bounce / Intimidate / Whatever
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Shadow Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This one isn't so much about the specific set in question as it is the general idea of a Ghost/Steel-type setup sweeper. A lot of fat teams will want to bank on Avalugg as a physical wall and spinner, so your own Ghost/Steel-type can spinblock it without being worried about Gyro Ball or Toxic, and then set up on the forced switch. Ghost and Steel also have pretty good neutral coverage -- only a few specific typings resist both, and you can plan around those easily -- so it's not like you're sacrificing offensive potency for defensive utility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)