Offline Battle Tower teams

I just got to exactly 100 wins! There was no set team all the way through, but here are the dudes I kept coming back to, and the ones who finally cracked 100 (screw you, QC Rhyperior).

Gengar
Timid @ Focus Sash
252 spd, 252 sp.atk, 4 hp

Destiny Bond
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Someone here said that Gengar is the best poke for BT - and dammit, they were right. This is an awesome lead, for one reason above all else: with Sash and Destiny Bond, it's capable of taking down literally anything not named Tyranitar or Abomasnow, provided you decide to sacrifice it right away. (Ironically, the Sash keeps it alive through Crunch / CH Blizzard, then it dies to the weather.) It survives attacks from faster things that would OHKO it (like the millions of Scarfchomps in the Wi-Fi room) then gets in the D-Bond for the win since the AI never switches out from it. In the BT, D-Bond was resonsible for around half of Gengar's kills. It's also immune to three of the four OHKO moves: indispensible.

Togekiss
Calm @ Leftovers
252 hp, 52 def, 106 sd.def, 52 sp.atk

Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost
Thunder Wave

Our old friend. It felt so good using hax against the AI...

Fairly random EV spread, but a little defence goes a long way. This thing is a tank - it was able to take down things in the BT that it had no business going up against, such as Salamence and Regice, through judicious use of T-Wave and Roost. The never-miss Aura Sphere was also incredibly handy against the bastard DTers that kept popping up.

If it doesn't kill, it can paralyse, or at the very least soften things up for a killing blow from...

Garchomp
Jolly @ Choice Scarf
252 spd, 252 atk, 4 hp

Aerial Ace
Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Scarfchomp. I tended to leave this guy for last, unless I could switch him into an Electric attack. STAB Outrage and STAB Earthquake strike fear into the hearts of evil-doers everywhere, and Aerial Ace provides more never-miss action, although Togekiss is my go-to guy for Flying-type kills on Heracross and Breloom. Fire Blast I've used maybe twice; this guy could have Outrage/EQ/Splash/Constrict and he'd still clean up.

So a fairly standard team. I also tried Uxie with Yawn / Protect / U-turn / Extrasensory (shut up, it has like 30pp) for a while. Yawn, then a nice slow U-turn to a sweeper like Gyarados is beautiful, as it comes in just as the other guy falls asleep. Simply stat up and win is the plan. Needless to say, I kept getting screwed by one-turn sleeps, so I stopped using it.

--

The streak ended thusly. First out, Gliscor. Gengar leads, and since I'd just cracked 100, I was feeling lucky, so I used Hypnosis. Missed. Hit by Thunder Fang. Tried again. Missed again. Thunder Fang critical hits. Tried again (what the fuck, right?) and hit. Next turn, Shadow Ball for major pain. If Gliscor stays asleep now, Gengar kills on the following turn, D-Bonds the next one out and then there's a parade or something in its honour. Gliscor immediately wakes up and kills it.

That's not the bad part - the two misses, the critical hit and the one-turn sleep - that's all par for the course. Plus I was playing like an absolute eejit.

Unusually for me, I go to Garchomp, who Outrages for great justice. Turns out to be a decent switch, as next out is Hippowdon. Sand Veil FTW, right? Sand Veil has never once worked to my advantage. The only time it ever kicked in for me to date was against an opposing Garchomp, and we missed each other simultaneously. This time it did nothing as per usual, and Hippowdon 2HKO'd Chomp with Ice Fang after getting dicksmacked with Outrage for a couple of turns. Togekiss spanked it to death with Air Slash, and now it's one-on-one.

Togekiss vs. Lickilicky. We paralysed each other straight away with Body Slam and T-Wave - Licky appeared to be quicker, but only on the first turn. Ah, the Quick Claw guy, damn. Flinching and Roosting ensues, a bit of B-Slamming. No further QC activations until Licky is down to Aura Sphere kill range. Then it kicks in and the pink pervert uses Explosion.

BT has no suicide clause. The only way to win is to have something still standing at the end of the match, regardless of circumstances...

So I could have got past 100 if I hadn't played like a gimp with Gengar, or QC hadn't activated at the crucial moment, or Sand Veil had helped at all, or if the BT had, like, rules. Still, I don't care, I have a nice Gold Trophy in my secret base - and I'm pleased as fuck that this happened on Battle 101, not Battle 100!

--
tl;dr
Standards are standard for a reason.
Pay attention when you play!
--

i figured ill put y team up as i completed battle tower
reached 102 battles

Gengar
focus sash timid
252sped 252 sp att 6 hp
shadowball
focusblast
thunderbolt
destiny bond

pretty simple really, can 2Hko most pokemon in the battle tower and outspeed them meaning after one KO the second comes with destiny bond. can switch into various atacks with ease if the need eveer airises

Slaking
choice band, adamant
252attck 252 speed, 6 hp
giga impact
earthquake
faint attakc(only because i couldn't be bothered to breed on night slah with i recon you should)
fire blast (never used, even against skarm i just giga impacted)

can tank physical hits well, along with a special hit if need be, giga impact ko's everything that doesn't resits it(including cress) absolutly musn't let this be your last poke against 2 One that you havn't seen, sacrafice it to save another as a ghost could ruin your streak

Cressilia
leftovers, Bold(mine was serious so its not that important...)
252hp 252 def 6 sp def
calm mind
ice beam
rest
reflect

seems kindof a weird moveset and the team is wevile weak but hey i did it so your losses can be put down to luck(or lack of it) when using this team

a few pointers, try to destiny bond any bronzongs(some cm/rest variants own cress and slaking is nve), don't encounter a wevile till after the 100th battle(but seriously let gengar die while dealing some damage to get rid of sashes as they normally do and let slaking finish the job).

currently on a 35 win streak.

porygon-z
life orb, modest
i have no idea what the EV's are in truth i got it off GTS
nasty plot
ice beam
thunderbolt
tri attack

azelf
choice scarf, timid
6hp 252SA/252speed
nasty plot
psychic
flamethrower
grass knot

lucario
6hp 252 attack 252 speed
choice band ademant
iron defence
crunch
cross chop
blaze kick

needs tinkering with item wise, i like all out offence when battling (otherwise they spam double team) and these 3 do the job, of course choice band will have to go off lucario

@phalanx: a Fighting move will own the hell out of Lucario and Porygon-Z. Try to bulk up and swap a sweeper for a tank or something.

I just got to 50 wins with this team:

Starmie: Modest - Focus Sash
EVs: hp:4 spa: 252 speed: 252
Ice Beam
Surf
Pyschic
Thunderbolt

Focus Sash so it can take out Sceptile and crit hax users

Bronzong: Relaxed - Leftovers
EVs: hp: 252 Att: 142 Def: 18 SpD: 96
Toxic
Rest
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

The physical attacks actually don't matter that much and I might change them . This was the answer to all the bulky waters and abomasnow, stallrins. It beat Palmer's Cress and Regi by itself

Garchomp: Jolly - Yache Berry
Hp: 4 Att: 252 Speed: 252
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Sub was for all of the OHKO users (they do miss occasionally) which allowed me to set up Swords Dance.

I didn't get haxed too badly in this run, even surviving a team entirely made up of OHKO users:

Fissure Hippowdon
Sheer Cold Abomasnow
and my old friend Horn Drill Rapidash which OHKO'd Bronzong, Megahorned Starmie before it finally missed another horn drill and Garchomp earthquaked it

I'm sure most of you will see the glaring weakness in this team, and I met it in battle 51

Bronzong
Clam Mind
Rest
Pychic
Shadow Ball

For the next run I might try a Nasty Plot Infernape, any other ideas to beat this Bronzong?

This is the team that got me 58 wins. I actually changed the team a lot at first but this is what I ended up with:

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

I would probably recommend Draco Meteor over something now but at the time I didn't think of it. Still, this set worked amazingly well and could sometimes take out entire teams on it's own. There wasn't a specific reason for using a Kingdra, he was just my best Pokemon at the time (IV-wise). Only having a weakness to dragon is nice and he can both take hits and dish them out. I used Leftovers originally but wanted to give those to Metagross. Now I use Life Orb but I can't say yet which is better.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
148 HP / 252 Atk / 110 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Pretty standard Agiligross. His resistances were helpful since my team has dragons. Explosion was a lifesaver a number of times.

Dragonite @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Thunder Punch

This guy was the main sweeper who I'd try to save for last. Any Dragonite counters would hopefully be taken out (as a last resort Metagross could always explode) and Outrage would destroy the rest of the team. Fire Punch and Thunder Punch are for type coverage. Aerial Ace was thrown on because of annoying Double Teaming Pokemon. I mostly used Choice Band but started using Choice Scarf towards the end because speed really helps in the Battle Tower.

This was my team back in early Autumn. I just started battling in the Battle Tower again recently and will post my new team if it's more successful =).

The team lost mainly because of OHKO moves. I didn't expect them and tried to set up instead of straight-out attacking. It also had some issues with Gyarados.

My Team - 43 Rounds

Machamp@ Choice Scarf
Nature:Adamant
EVs:252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP
Ability:No Guard
-Dynamic Punch
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
Machamp's Dynamic Punch always hits thanks to no guard, and even if your opponent doesn't faint, he becomes confused. If you come up against a ghost switch to T-tar.

Tyranitar@ Life Orb
Nature:Impish
EVs:252 ATK, 252 HP, 4 DEF
Ability:Sand Stream
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Thundershock
T-tar for all ghosts and psychic's. Be on the lookout for a dusknoir with Earthquake though, actually don't worry if you come up a against it your stuffed anyway, you might survive just don't swap in on it.

Empoleon@ Choice Specs
Nature:Modest
EVs:252 SAT, 252 SDF, 4 Hp
Ability:Torrent
-Ice Beam
-Drill Peck
-Surf
-Metal Claw
Takes out Dragons and Skarmory. Possibly a better choice though is Starmie, then you could put ThunderShock on him and Substitute on Tyranitar.

Had problems with grass types in general and really any strong Ghosts since my T-tar hadn't been
exactly what I put in above for EVsAny Constructive criticism welcome, I need to get up to Tower Tycoon 2.

Lost at battle 99 with this team

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Levitate
Nature: Timid
IVs: 22 / x / 30 / 26 / 31 / 31
EVs: 252 SPD / Forgot the others
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute

Mismagius was my team's lead, but as usual the battle tower always throws the Pokemon who best counters your lead first, so I always had to switch her out.

Altaria @ Yache Berry
Natural Cure
IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 26 / 27
EVs: 252 HP / Forgot the others
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

Pretty much the defensive Pokemon of my team that could transform into an attacker if allowed to set up

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Swarm
IVs: 22 / 30 / 21 / x / 22 / 30
EVs: 252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat

Came in to clean up the mess...

Believe it or not, was swept by an Absol. All 3 pokemon fell to an Absol, which had to have had a Choice Scarf or something. It just kept using Night Slash over and over and landed a critical hit all 4 times it used it.

Well it's really not that surprising that the Absol landed that many criticals as Night Slash has a high critical hit rate plus you have to factor in that it probably had the ability super luck to again boost its' critical hit rate, so yeah:)

EDIT: Congrats on the streak though! So close to 100:)

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk)
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Explosion

i'm currently using this team in the tower; i defeated the tower tycoon for battle #49 and stopped there for now.

sash weavile usually grabs at least one ko from the start, and depending on what exactly killed weavile, i choose salamence or metagross to "counter"/revenge kill and can usually finish off the opponent right there. if not, metagross and salamence do not share any counters, so as long as i'm not screwed over by accuracy issues, i might be able to rack up a nice streak. bronzong seems to be the biggest potential problem.

Theam Teams

Here are three themed doubles teams I've been playing around with. As well as for fun and profit, I use BT doubles to test out moves and strategies I'm unfamiliar with, and to get to grips with pokes I haven't used. It's like the Danger Room, basically.

= = = = =

Slaking

Free the beast and sweep to victory. This team responds flexibly to the opposition, based around the highest BST poke in BT, Slaking. Fast and hard-hitting all round - this team has got me to 73 wins so far (twice), and I expect it to do better in the future with Gyara on board.

On Turn 1, Slaking and Gengar will normally focus fire on the most threatening enemy. Some things, like Aerodactyl, just have to die immediately. Since both of my leads are quite fast, a lot of the time only one attack will come in response.

If Slaking is subject to Gengar's Skill Swap before Truant kicks in, it will attack as normal from then on. Furthermore, the damn thing can also fly. Don't want to wait for a Levitating Regigigas? Why not make your own? Actually, you totally could, but I don't have one, so I'm making do with Slaking.

--
Slaking @ Life Orb
Adamant, 252atk, 252 spd, 6hp
==
Return
Night Slash
Brick Break
Slack Off

The main lead. Return is the main event here, with NS and BB for backup against stuff that resists it. I didn't use EQ since that would kill Gengar after a Swap.

-
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid, 252spd, 252sp.atk, 6hp
==
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Skill Swap
Destiny Bond

Slaking's partner. Gengar is a fantastic BT poke, and it fulfils the role of Skill Swapper as well as anything. It's there to free the beast, and whoop as much ass as possible.

After Swapping, Gengar becomes EQ weak and will either have to switch or die horribly, but Slaking will have Levitate. You know what that means...

-
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant, 252atk, 108spd, 148hp
==
Aerial Ace
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

With a Levitating Slaking, Chomp can EQ away with impunity. Not much can withstand sustained pummelling from Slaking and Chomp simultaneously. I went with both big physical Dragon attacks after realising I basically never used Fire Blast.

Adamant Outrage is awesome, but its random targeting in doubles can be a real pain. Hence, DC as a backup - it OHKOs Dragonite and Salamence after Intimidate. Sometimes, though, you just want to let the shots fall where they may, and that's what Outrage is for; that, and the last man standing. AA is still useful against DTers.

-
Gyarados @ Leftovers
==
Adamant, bulky Gyara spread

Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Return
Waterfall

Something a little tankier. Intimidate is fantastic in doubles, and Gyara provides additional coverage as well as the ability to set up, which nothing else on this team has.

Crucially, it's also immune to Chomps's EQ. If it gets 2DD, it's usually game over. This usually happens if Chomp's EQ clears the field, allowing Gyara to set up.

= = = = =

Gravity

This team abuses both EQ and increased accuracy. The most support-heavy team, this one uses status and normally-inaccurate moves to great effect - as well as Chomp's SD STAB EQ, from which nothing is safe in Gravity.

Persian uses Tech Fake Out on one opponent that looks likely to block Gravity, then I either bring Chomp in or abuse 100% accurate WoW and Hypnosis, and the lack of sleep clause. Gengar and Chomp can then sweep, abusing the accuracy boost, plus no ground immunities. Sometimes I run Chomp as a co-lead, Swords Dancing as Gravity goes down, but that attracts an awful lot of Ice types, and Chomp only has the one Yache Berry...

The team has burn and sleep support, two priority attacks and Destiny Bond for additional fun. Also, it lols in the face of Doubles Teamers. Seriously, I love it when they try that shit - in Gravity, it takes two DTs to get one's evasiveness back up to normal, and if the AI wants to waste turns doing that while Chomp is Swords Dancing or Gengar is smacking it around, then great. I don't think the AI actually recognises Gravity, in the same way that it doesn't seem to recognise Trick Room.

--
Dusknoir @ Lefties
Relaxed, 252hp, 52atk, 120sp.def, 80def
==
Gravity
Protect
Shadow Sneak
Will-O-Wisp

This guy sets up Gravity while Persian covers him with Fake Out. It also rocks a priority move for cleanup, and 100% accurate Wisp is always a bonus.

Tanky as hell to divert attacks from the others if need be. Protects every other turn to heal a bit and survive longer, as well as to block Chomp's EQ.

-
Persian @ Muscle Band
Technician, Adamant, 252spd, 252atk, 6hp
==
Fake Out
Protect
Hypnosis
Aerial Ace

This is to ensure Gravity gets set up - plus it's the fastest Hypnosis user in the game after Crobat. The cat uses Fake Out to block an opponent for Gravity, then it can uses its 100% accurate Hypnosis.

AA provdes a useful Heracross/Breloom counter, and hurts Grass types.

-
Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly, 252spd, 252atk, 6hp
==
Swords Dance
Dragon Rush
Stone Edge
Earthquake

In Gravity, Ground and Dragon hit everything. EQ sweeps everything in sight, and DRush hits hard without getting Chomp locked into an attack. SE for another powerful attack with great coverage and 100% accuracy in Gravity.

Yache helps Chomp to boost, after which it kills everything, or it can just survive random Ice Beams.

It's not as great outside of Gravity - although it can partner Gengar with EQ.

-
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid, 252sp.atk, 252 spd, 4hp
==
Destiny Bond
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

In Gravity, Hypnosis and Focus Blast become 100% accurate, and gives it total coverage - it can hit or sleep anything. Destiny Bond is too useful to pass up. No Thunderbolt, but we have Rock moves to hit Gyarados. It also kills Starmie dead, and Focus Blast kills Weavile if Gengar has its Sash.

It becomes weak to EQ in Gravity, but almost the whole game becomes Gengar weak when it's spamming Hypnosis and BallBlast.

Outside of Gravity, STAB Shadow Ball and Destiny Bond give it reliable moves. I'm aware of the huge Dark and Ghost weak this team has - lucky there are no multi-hit Dark or Ghost moves...

= = = = =

Trick Room

In progress: walls, booming, Hariyama. This team uses plenty of tanks, made fast by Trick Room. It also tests Hariyama with a Guts Drum set for maximum overkill. Might need moar booming, but this isn't a full-on Jazzy Jeff team.

- -
Bronzong @ Lefties
Impish, bulky spread
==
Trick Room
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

This gets down the Trick Room. Then, it can attack or harass the foe with Hypnosis.

Survivability is key for Bronzong, as it's central to our success. Also, its partner might be booming at it.

-
Hariyama @ Toxic Orb/Chesto
Brave/Relaxed, Guts, 252atk, 128def, 128sp.def
==
Fake Out
Belly Drum
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Inspired by Chrisisme's Hariyama thread, this will be the primary sweeper. I'll try the overkill of Guts and Drum, but I suspect using Chesto to block sleep will be its main item.

It provides Fake Out support for TR and possibly activating Guts, then Drums and hopefully survives the turn. Then, it kills everything. If Fake Out isn't necessary, it can Drum off the bat to preserve a little HP from Toxic Orb. Rock/Fighting hits a lot of things.

It doesn't have to Drum, though: it can use TR to whoop ass in the conventional fashion with a Guts boost.

-
Weezing@ Life Orb
Quiet, 92atk / 206hp / 120sp.atk / 80sp.def
==
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Explosion

Okay, so no defence EVs at all, but this thing isn't made to sponge many hits - it delivers special attacks where needed and booms. It can withstand the odd attack with EVs given.

It beats Gyara and annoying Steel types effectively, and is EQ immune. Predicted Psychic attacks - the only thing it really has to worry about - are met by its Steel/Psychic teammates.

This guy has 60 speed - amply slow. I see it dropping one or maybe two SE attacks, then booming for great justice.

-
Metagross @ Shell Bell
132hp, 208sp.atk, 168atk, I think
==
Meteor Mash
Grass Knot
Psychic
Earthquake

A bizarre mixed set. I wanted to give Grass Knot to something that couldn't get it by breeding, so I could Sketch it back and reuse it. I went with Metagross for fun.

Its Psychic reliably smooshes Gengar and Heracross, and GK is very useful for coverage. With floaty partners, it's great, and it makes a nice hard-hitting closer in TR.
-

There you go. BT Doubles provides a great sandbox for trying random sets out, and it lets you develop seriously cool stuff like TRE's Trick Room team that wouldn't work in anything else (which also inspired me to give TR a go).

Seriously, 770 wins? Jaw-dropping...

Ness said:
Lost at battle 99 with this team
That has to be gutting. One away from the star! Not to mention the trophy. That Absol you got swept by reminds me of a project I want to work on: Super Luck Honchkrow holding a Scope Lens with Night Slash. That's a 50% critical hit rate!

See if you can BP that Honchy a Focus Energy for great lulz.

This team got me in the 70's so far:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
Sub works wonders against the stupid AI. He is particulary evil against Palmer 1 who really can't do jack to Starmie. Palmer 2 is different but still.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Modest
252 SPATK, 252 Speed. 4 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Shreds stuff apart, generally with Dragon Pulse, but if required it can Draco Meteor. Due to the general bulk of the other two members it can switch out if required.

Articuno @ Focus Sash
Bashful (Yeah, I know, but its IV's are all in the high 20's with a 31 for HP)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Outstalls a LOT due to the general lack of Stealth Rocks. Must never be my last poke, for my opponent will ALWAYS pull shit like a Magnezone @ Lum Berry or a Heracross from its ass when he's left alone. Its how I lost actually, Articuno was left alone and surprise surprise, Magnezone came to play.

Not the best team here but it works.

This is a ridiculous idea, but it's hilarious in action.

-
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Lonely, 252spd, 128atk, 126sp.atk
==
Fake Out
Thunderpunch
Close Combat
Overheat

-
Ambipom @ Life Orb
Naughty, 252spd, 252atk, 6hp
==
Fake Out
Last Resort
[blank]
[blank]

-
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant, generic bulky
==
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Return
Waterfall

-
Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Brave, 252def, 64atk, 116sp.def, 76hp
==
Curse
Rest
Body Slam
Crunch

-
This is exactly as stupid as it looks. Dual Fake Out on turn 1, then spank away with Last Resort and Close Combat/Overheat. The nature of Monkey is... irrepressible!

Seriously, this inflicts some serious pain. Ambipom's STAB Technician Fake Out (90bp), followed by STAB Last Resort (195bp) delivers 285bp of hurt, while outspeeding almost everything in the BT. Swampert, Gliscor, Donphan - all of these bulky defensive pokes go down when the purple monkey gets all in their grills. Last Resort by itself OHKOs Latias.

If the AI starts with Ghosts, Curselax comes in to Crunch them, and Gyara makes a great switch to priority-using Fighting types that can't resist trying to OHKO the little monkey. Rock and Steel types generally die to Infernape.

Infernape gets the Sash because it has, you know, type coverage. Certain things actually die to focused Fake Outs, like Weavile and Jolteon. If they disrespect, they get the Tech.

The team got stopped with egregious flinchhax; I was using the previous version of this team with a Blissey over Gyarados, which was outsped by a bloody Slowking's Zen Headbutt. Still, during that match, Ambipom showed what it can do as it faced off against a Cresselia. After hitting it with the Tech, Last Resort knocked it down to about 15%, which is not bad at all against the game's premier mixed wall.

What's cool is that this team has a better-than-average chance against OHKO users. Dual Fake Out ensures that damage is dealt no matter what (Quick Claw doesn't outspeed priority moves), and Infernape can't be OHKO'd due to the Sash. Many of the evil OHKO users, like Rhywhatever, Glalie and Walrein are Fighting weak, so they can just eat it, QC or not.

Ambipom is vulnerable to QC OHKOs, but then so is everything. However, its two-hit combo kills almost everything that doesn't resist it, provided it gets the chance to use it. You know, I'm so glad that there are no Ghosts with a OHKO move.

See if you can BP that Honchy a Focus Energy for great lulz.

This team got me in the 70's so far:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
Sub works wonders against the stupid AI. He is particulary evil against Palmer 1 who really can't do jack to Starmie. Palmer 2 is different but still.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Modest
252 SPATK, 252 Speed. 4 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Shreds stuff apart, generally with Dragon Pulse, but if required it can Draco Meteor. Due to the general bulk of the other two members it can switch out if required.

Articuno @ Focus Sash
Bashful (Yeah, I know, but its IV's are all in the high 20's with a 31 for HP)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Outstalls a LOT due to the general lack of Stealth Rocks. Must never be my last poke, for my opponent will ALWAYS pull shit like a Magnezone @ Lum Berry or a Heracross from its ass when he's left alone. Its how I lost actually, Articuno was left alone and surprise surprise, Magnezone came to play.

Not the best team here but it works.
Um, why would you use choice specs over soul dew? Soul Dew gives the sp.atk increase of specs, gives 50% increase to special def. also, and doesn't limit you to one move.

I have used this team in the Battle Tower and rose to rank 10. However, I was defeated by a hail team with a Abomasnow holding a focus sash, a Mamoswine and Walrein. My team also has problems with Milotic (partly because it also uses Toxic)

Here is the team I am using

Heatran@Choice Scarf
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Hasty
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Sunny Day
-Dragon Pulse

I use Heatran as a lead because he can one hit KO a lot of leads, and he resists almost all of my next pokemon's weaknesses.

Shedinja@Focus Sash
255 Atk/255 Spd
Jolly (it helps outrun Blissey)
-X-Scissor
-Wil-O-Wisp
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak

Switch in on anything trying to hit Heatran and Wil-O-Wisp. If they switch to a counter, it is crippled, or if I mispredict, Focus Sash saves me. Sandstorm does not really bother me, because Garchomp and Heatran are immune. Entry hazards are not used as much either

Garchomp@Yache Berry
With standard set of EQ, Swords Dance, Outrage, Fire Fang

Garchomp resists rock, and is a great sweeper if Shedinja dies. However, against the hail team, Garchomp is dead in two hits

Any suggestions to fix this problem? The only way I have a chance is to Sunny Day first turn, and then die to Earthquake. Next turn, send in Garchomp and fire fang. The yeti survives with Focus Sash, and the only way I could possibly win by this point is Blizzard missing, but even then, Walrein hits Shedinja with Toxic, and Mamoswine kills both easily with Ice Shard and Stone Edge.

Soul Dew is banned in the battle tower.
LMAO. Should've known! But yeah, according to GF, the two are considered uber when Soul Dew is equipped.

Any of you guys not lose to hax, but those damned damage-reducing berries? That's what happened to me on my 64th battle with my team (which I will post later because I don't remember the exact EVs). Anyway I was facing an Aggron with my Garchomp, and it retaliated my weakened Earthquake with Avalanche! XD I just fell apart after that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)