Offensive Trick Room team featuring Kyurem-B

Hey guys I had been visiting Smogon for a long time now and just now I decided I wanted to post an RMT here. Since Kyurem-B went OU I knew it would be great on a Trick Room team. I was also tired of using normal teams/weather teams and so wanted to make a team that was fun to use so I made this Trick Room team. It's pretty good already but I feel it can be better. Hope you like this team and leave a luvdisc if you like it.

The team:

Mew @ Mental Herb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Originally I had Bronzong in this spot but it was easily Taunt bait and set up fodder and was also very slow for a lead. I needed a pokemon who was fast, could beat Taunt users so that it could reliably set up Trick Room and could also set up rocks AND be quite bulky at the same time so Mew fit this job perfectly. Stealth Rock is very important on every offensive team so no surprise it's here. Taunt is to stop other pokemon from setting up. I chose Mental Herb as the item to beat faster taunters or prankster users such as Sableye with Mew's own Taunt. 252 Spe ev's is so it can be very speedy at setting up and under Trick Room I can U-turn out last and get another pokemon in without taking damage to start wrecking the opponent's team.

Kyurem-B @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SAtk
0 IV's speed
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Kyurem Black is a powerhouse under Trick Room. Have fun switching into Outrage coming off a 170 base attack further boosted by Life Orb. Outrage just wrecks anything that's not a steel type, heck even some steel types such as Genesect won't like switching into it at all. Fusion Bolt is for water types and it hits them harder than Outrage. Ice beam is to beat bulky pokemon like Gliscor. Roost allows it to keep it healthy so it can come in later and wreck more. 248 ev's in HP gives it pretty good bulk.

Hitmontop @Heat Rock
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
0 IV's speed
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Sunny Day
- Hi Jump Kick
- Foresight

Hitmontop's job is to spin away hazards since I have 2 pokemon that hate Stealth Rock and also remove other weather. Ev's are pretty standard but I chose a sassy nature so it can take hits better on the special side. I chose Heat Rock as the item so Sunny Day lasts 8 turns and to power up Victini's V-create at the same time. Hi Jump Kick is for STAB and hit's pretty hard even without attack investment and it doesn't lower your defenses like Close Combat. Foresight allows it to spin against ghost types. Hitmontop's ability is great as it lowers pokemon's attack and it makes him sponge physical hits better and also helping out his teammates.

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
0 IV's speed
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break

Victini is a great late game sweeper and just wrecks everything in his way. V-create speed dropping effect actually helps him under Trick Room by becoming slower everytime he uses it. Fusion Bolt is to hit water types hard who would otherwise laugh at V-create if their bulky and there's no sun. Brick Break is mainly for T-tar who would otherwise counter this set. 248 HP makes it quite bulky and allows it to deal with Breloom who would be very anoying to this team if I didn't had Victini on this team.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
0 IV's speed
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Reuniclus is my third sweeper on this team and is also my third Trick Room user. Magic Guard is amazing as he takes no damage from sandstorm or hail and takes no Life Orb recoil. All his attacks coming from 125 special attack are going to hurt. Psychic is his main STAB move and deals a lot of damage. Focus Blast is for dark types/steel types and Hidden Power Fire for Scizor or Genesect who like to come in on it under Trick Room not expecting HP fire. Not much else to say really but it's an amazing pokemon who should be on every Trick Room team. Ev's are standard allowing it to be bulky.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
0 IV's speed
- Crunch
- Crabhammer/Waterfall
- Superpower
- Double-Edge

Crawdaunt is my 4th sweeper and let me just say this guy is a force to be reckoned with under Trick Room. Adaptability is an amazing ability and with Life Orb it OHKO's a lot of things after Stealth Rock. Crunch and Crabhammer is for STAB but I'm thinking of putting Waterfall instead of Crabhammer for the flinch chance and 100% accuracy. Superpower is for stuff that resist his other moves like Hydreigon and Double Edge is mainly filler. Never really use it except for stuff like Toxicroak. 252 HP gives it decent bulk.

Importable:
Code:
Mew @ Mental Herb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Hitmontop (M) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Foresight
- Sunny Day

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Double-Edge

With Victini already roasting the Steel-types you mentioned, added to Kyurem-B's ability to 2HKO's Genesect and Scizor with Fusion Bolt (neither is a good match-up for it anyway, since it doesn't want to take a Bullet Punch or Bug Buzz), HP Fire seems unnecessary on Kyurem-B. If you REALLY want the extra Fire coverage, use HP Fire > Shadow Ball on Reuniclus.

Its special moves have enough power to do what they need to w/o much investment. You're better off using 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SpA and moving EVs from HP to SpA as you need to.

Rotom-W seems to be annoying; it walls your physical sweepers, half your team is suceptible to WoW and its Hydro Pump takes a good chunk out of most of your team in the rain. Your only real way of beating it is locking Kyurem-B into Outrage, which leaves Kyurem easily revenge-killed by Scizor, Breloom, Terrakion, etc. Maybe try replacing Crawdaunt with a sweeper that doesnt mind the burn such a Conkeldurr.

I'm honestly not a fan of Hitmontop's Heat Rock. Sure, it makes it last for 3 extra turns, but it's not needed for just V-Create and a HP Fire. Those moves don't need the Sun to do their job (although it doesn't hurt) and using Sunny Day already gets rid of weather, no matter how long it lasts. So Leftovers seems like it'd be a much superior option for it since it can do it's just without the Heat Rock.

Hey! I have also tried to build a Trick Room team around Kyurem-B. The difference is that I used a special attacking version. Worked out better than I expected it to. Professor Shroomish: In this fast metagame minimum speed on a 95 base speeder is often slower than most of the opponents team. And even when it isn`t, he has insane stats to help him pull through.

This one looks pretty cool. I love your creative use of Hitmontop and I hope it works out for you.

I still think you should consider giving Bronzong another go over Mew. You don`t have a steel type so any Dragon can have a lot of fun with your team while Trick Room is down. One thing that also really suck about Mew is that a Genesect without Scarf can come in and outspeed you under TR, taking you out with U-turn unless you switch out. Sassy on Hitmontop seem a bit counter-productive, unless you strive to survive specific special attacks. If you`re going to put 252 EVs in Defence, you might as well boost it so you`re able to take on the mighty Terrakion easier, imo.

Shame about the likes of Deoxys-D being able to set up on you if you go Bronzong again, but it should not be that much of an issue if you use Hitmontop and is wise enough to lead with Reuniclus or Crawdaunt in situations like that.

Another thing you can consider is Hi Jump Kick on Hitmontop. Sure it sucks if you miss, but being able to put up Sunny Day after attacking is gold. The extra power also comes in handy. Using Chesto Rest over Heat Rock/Leftovers and Foresight might also be a good option then, as you will miss and chip away half of your own HP with HJK from time to time. Close Combat is of course the safer move, but using Trick Room is ballsy in itself. Not being forced out everytime you attack might prove taking bigger risks worth it.

@Andeby Yeah it sucks that I don't have a steel type but with Bronzong I'ts hard to lead with it as my opponent could lead with Breloom or Ninetales to roast it not to mention I can't really do anything against pranksters unless I put mental herb on Bronzong but then again it can just get Taunted the next turn. It also doesn't have access to U-turn so if it doesn't die I have to switch in another pokemon to take a hit. Another anoying problem with using Trick Room is that my opponent will spam protect which makes things harder. Maybe I could try a more bulkier spread on Mew so it can come in later in the match to set up Trick Room again but i'm not sure about what spread to use. High Jump Kick is not a bad idea as it can help by not losing defenses after using it like CC so I will definitely try it out. Chesto rest would be cool but then I would lose the ability to spin which is very hard to against HO teams with Gengar or stall teams who rely on hazards to wear a team down without Foresight.

@Red3mpti0n Your right HP fire is pretty useless on Kyurem B it wasn't doing much to Ferrothorn in the rain anyway so I just went with your suggestions and it helped a lot since Scizor and Genesect like to come in on Reuniclus under Trick Room not expecting HP fire.

@Aximil Leftovers would make it take a bit more hits but I think I'll just stick with Heat Rock for now as it let's it last 8 turns enough time for Victini to sweep and KO even pokemon who resist V create such as Latios, Starmie etc.

Also I'm trying out Conkeldurr over Crawdaunt as it would help me with my weakness against Mach Punch since both Kyurem and Crawdaunt are weak to it and it would also help me against status such as Will-O-Wisp.

I can see your reasoning for choosing Heat Rock, but it still seems like Leftovers would be better. A weather team loses it's momentum once their weather is gone which allows for your team to smash them down in their "weaker" state. I'm curious though, in your play tests, how often have you used the extra 3 turns for the Sun before the weather is changed or with the battle ending before you use those extra turns?

I do like the Conkeldurr testing though, as you have a whole mess of physical attackers and he'd actually appreciate the Guts boost.

How has this team faired against a defensive and/or stall team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)