Offensive RMT

So here is another team I came up with, and please rate to improve this team. Just keep in mind, that the team is for Wi-Fi.

Swampert
Relaxed @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar
Swampert is the one of the most consistant leads in todays metagame. I went with MixPert so it would be more dangerous against Salamence, and then Earthquake for STAB. Stealth is obvious, and I decided on Roar in order to deal with setup sweepers and the annoying baton pass leads.

Latias
Timid @ Leftovers
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Thunderbolt/Recover
Pretty standard Calm Mind Latias. Dragon Pulse and Surf are resisted only by Empoleon and Shedinja, I think. Calm Mind also helps my team take some special hits, which could otherwise greatly hurt me. I am leading towards Thunderbolt over Recover basically to hit Empoleon, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Infernape
Naive @ Life Orb
64 Atk/252 SpA/192 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
Mixed Infernape causes problems to lots of teams today. It also helps me deal with the ever annoying Blissey. Nasty Plot powers up both Grass Knot and Flamethrower, which I chose over Fire Blast because of accuracy, and Close Combat is to destroy the fat blob.

Jirachi
Jolly @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch/U-turn/Trick
Scarf Jirachi is my answer to many of the biggest threats in todays metagame. Thunder Punch for Gyarados, Fire Punch for Scizor and Lucario, and Iron Head for flinch hax. However, I am unsure about the last move, with either Ice Punch for Salamence, Flygon, and Dragonite, U-turn to switch, or Trick to screw walls over.

Scizor
Adament @ Choice Band
124 HP/252 Atk/124 SpD/8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-U-Turn
Choice Band Scizor, one of the most overused pokemon of all time. Bullet Punch is for obvious stab, and Superpower is for steels. U-turn is for early game scouting, and to avoid getting trapped by magnezone. Finally, Pursuit is there to deal with the frail psychics and ghosts, like Latias, Gengar, Azelf, etc.
EDIT: Changed Scizor's EV spread.

Salamence
Naive @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break
-Roost
MixMence is one of the biggest threats in the game today. With Draco Meteor and Outrage, it has two high powered STABs, hitting both special and physical walls. Fire Blast is for floating steels such as Skarmory, and Earthquke is for more coverage.
EDIT: Changed to classic MicMence.

Well, there is my team. Any rates/advice would be much appreciated. Please do keep in mind that this is for Wi-Fi, so Rotom appliances and most Hidden Powers are out. Thanks in advance for your time,
-Dukefan5

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hello

Nice team, there are some tweeks that can be made, but you have solid synergy, so I wont be doing major changes.

First of all, you rely too much on Latias in my opinion. Its your main answer to Heatran, Infernape, your "main" switchin to Mixmences, and company. For this reason, I think you are better going with a Defensive Latias, and a different moveset. Its a pretty basic change, but you will note the difference instantly.

Just shift the SpA EVs to HP, and those resting 4 into Defense. Or you can aim to 230 Defense to take Physical hits better, with the rest dumped into HP. This lets you take hits oh so much better.

And on the moveset:

Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Recover
Reflect

Reflect not only supports your team, but now you can set-up on things like BP locked CB Scizor, physical mixape, and even on exploders like Magnezone. At +6, typing doesnt really matter that much, so dragon as your only move isnt bad. Empoleon cant touch Latias at all, since he can only get to +1, while Latias can easily set-up on its face.

Now on Scizor, you rely on it to take on Latias and ghosts like Gengar, so either move half of your HP EVs to SpDef, or some of your Attack EVs to SpDef, OR do a major change, and use bulky trap Scizor. Its basically the same, but with Roost > Superpower. Heres the set:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp | 56 Atk | 192 SpD | 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Roost

This lets you beat those things really easier, and you will note it. Just a suggestion.

On jirachi use Ice Punch for DD Mence and Flygons that could be very pesky. If theres no problem with them, use U-Turn for scouting purposes and hitting Latias, Azelf, Starmie, if they are weakened.

On Mence totally run Life Orb, and also I think you are better off with Classic Mixmence, which is:

Mence @ LO - Naive with 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Att
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Brick Break
~ Roost

Gives you so much bulk and better synergy to your team, since this works as another scarftran check, and takes hits better because of roost. New Mixmence doesnt really use Outrage so I think this will help you more.

Thats pretty much it, so good luck with your team!

I have changed Scizor's ev spread to use more SpD EVs, and it has greatly helped him take hits from the aforementioned frail psychics.

For Mence, I have found the the old MixMence has worked better, so I have changed that as well.

I will test the new Latias next to see how it helps the team.

Thanks for the rate, and anymore help would be much appreciated.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
On Infernape, it makes much better use of a mixed set. Infernape rarely has time to set up, and when it does, the opponent usually has a hard counter waiting in the wings, like Latias. Also, if you don't get a Nasty Plot up, some threats set up on your team. Of course they can be revenge killed, but they are still a threat nevertheless. I'd try this set:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
16 att/240 spa/252 spd
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower
-HP Ice
-Close Combat

This set breaks through walls very easily. It would help the team a lot more than the Infernape set in my opinion, because Infernape is mainly hit and run. Good luck with the team!

Change Jirachis moveset to this:
Iron head
T-Punch
Ice punch
Body slam
Jirachi doesn't needs Fire punch beacause you already have Ape which covers tht good.
Give Swampert Waterfall instead of Ice beam and split it's EVS to 128 Atk 128 Def. Also cover up your Gyara weakness better. After DD Gyara 1HK0 every pokemon in the team (I think) with either Stone edge or Waterfall. Sure Jirachi has T-Punch but Gyara still hurts your team to bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)