OC Central

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Woah 2 weeks goes by incredibly quick. I'll be dming everyone just to see if they still wanted to draw and will post after! Some really nice ones worth discussing

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Thanks to everyone who participated! There are some really cool ocs here, feel free to discuss them or ask questions to each other

Filumancer/Thread Mage
1688958013695.png

Name: Violette
Class(?): Thread Mage

A seamstress from a renowned artisan guild, who owns her own small shop within the city where she repairs the clothing of travelling adventurers. She likes to keep to herself when on the job, but works in the open to listen in on the gossip the outside world brings in.

She's most known for the large needle-and-spool she carries around, wrapped in a beautiful crimson-red thread. The needle is able to weave the mana in the air into a tangible string that collects nicely on her spool, which she utilizes in sewing to make magic-resistant clothing. If combat is necessary, she can reverse the threading process to expel large streams of magic. Unfortunately, the threads of mana are extremely flammable as a raw product, so she avoids conflict when she can.

Anemomancer/Air Mage
1688958068015.png

here's Maite, a 31 year old meteorologist that can manipulate the weather due to being half-cloud half-human, she isnt good or evil, but works for her own interests

Electromancer/Electricity Mage
1688958164684.png

Aquamancer/Water Mage
1688958214323.png

cosmic future magic (suggested by Pissog)
1688958266141.png

Inspired by Hunter x Hunter haha...

Papyromancer/Paper Magic
1688958650443.png
To start off, I'm a big fan of all of these. Sunfished's thread mage really caught my eye with the cool design and power explanation. Gabo's was also really cool, I love her hair. Fancy said this was one of their first ocs, but there's some great zappy shape language which is a fantastic start. Last but not least, Pissog and Ssensenh did some really pretty compositions!

Participants: Sunfished Gaboswampert Fancy1 Pissog Ssensenh

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
omg these are awesome! love the bit of worldbuilding sun did with the mana in the air, guilds, adventurers... and also the cosmic magic thing is really interesting! how are participants/players chosen? by vicinity? so it could be used for trap setup and stuff maybe o:

I'm realizing I fogor to put much for my character so:
- they are some kiddo at the age of 15ish or so
- they are born to an established lineage of papyromancers
- they are in some prestigious school
- their magic not only bends paper but breathes life into it as well, and origami can take on properties of what's being modelled

Kiwi

free فلسطين
omg these are awesome! love the bit of worldbuilding sun did with the mana in the air, guilds, adventurers... and also the cosmic magic thing is really interesting! how are participants/players chosen? by vicinity? so it could be used for trap setup and stuff maybe o:

I'm realizing I fogor to put much for my character so:
- they are some kiddo at the age of 15ish or so
- they are born to an established lineage of papyromancers
- they are in some prestigious school
- their magic not only bends paper but breathes life into it as well, and origami can take on properties of what's being modelled
Glad you found it interesting! Aries Path would at least require 2 players to set the rules of the game, who are forced into the game upon two conditions
Conditions for Aries Path:
1) The players are informed on the basic rules of the game, either verbally or through other means, which establishes that they can understand:
a) They must pass through a certain path of marked stars to avoid having a condition placed on them and
b) They must be aware of the conditions that will be placed if they break a rule
2) The players are in a reasonable vicinity such that they are all at most 100 metres away of at least 1 other player at the time of the activation. As a result, they are not necessarily forced to interact with the game, but as long as they are marked, they are constantly in some form of danger from players who are willing to use the game to their advantage

Cross Break would be set up by the user on any selected objects of their choice. Though, these objects actually need to be directly touched by the user all at the same time at the moment of activation. For example, they may hold a pen, a scarf, a rock, a book and a thread. They will need to hold all the objects at the same time to begin the activation. Then, they will chuck the objects and based on how the objects scatter, the Cross Break pathway will be determined, marking the objects with the stars. The condition to activate cross break is much more simple though:
Conditions for Cross Break:
1) The players are informed on the basic rules of the game, either verbally or through other means, which establishes that they can understand:
a) They must pass through a certain path of marked stars to avoid having a condition placed on them and
b) They must be aware of the conditions that will be placed if they break a rule
No second rule is required for activation, since this event only forces players that enter the field of the items (The field can be drawn out by the irregular 4 or 5 sided shape created by the objects.

While these would be dangerous for all players, the user would be able to practice both sequences. That would allow them to become the 'ultimate player' of the game with enough practice. That way, the negative aspects that may exist are only erased by the user's own wit. People who are aware of this game, but not its conditions may actively seek to avoid knowing the conditions for its activation, because that will allow them to avoid any traps being set up. Otherwise though, it'd totally be really proficient in creating a trap. Since my character is inspired by Hunter x Hunter and JJK, a lot of the powers revolve around those things.

(Sorry for the writing dump lol, a TLDR is:
how are participants/players chosen?
As long as the players know the conditions mentioned, which involves a 100 metre vicinity from at least 1 other player in Aries Path, they can be forced into the game
so it could be used for trap setup and stuff maybe o:
Which is perfect for someone who's able to practice with the conditions of the game, so that the trap has little to no effect on them!)

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OH SHIT these r some fun designs and concepts aaa. and ty for the compliments!!

the power of kiwi's mage is really fascinating, i might not fully understand it but from what i can tell it could cause some really fucked up battles if everything is organised right. what does it mean by "passing through" an adjacent object? i think thats whats tripping me up rn ;;

also love the composition with urs ssenssenhssh! the origami aspect is so cute, definitely something i vibe with on a design level aaa

everyone else's is really neat to see! id love to learn more about them so please info dump :pray:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
OH SHIT these r some fun designs and concepts aaa. and ty for the compliments!!

the power of kiwi's mage is really fascinating, i might not fully understand it but from what i can tell it could cause some really fucked up battles if everything is organised right. what does it mean by "passing through" an adjacent object? i think thats whats tripping me up rn ;;

also love the composition with urs ssenssenhssh! the origami aspect is so cute, definitely something i vibe with on a design level aaa

everyone else's is really neat to see! id love to learn more about them so please info dump :pray:
"Passing through" doesn't mean they need to warp through the object, they just need to make physical contact with the adjacent object (Object being associated with the marked star) to swap the organisation. Honestly I'm also lost so here's a visual lol

1689033011319.png

1) Mark
1689033023886.png

2) Touch adjacent
1689033066591.png

3) You can swap the order

I'm sorry that you guys actually read that in the first place, it was my 10 minute rambling :blobthumbsup:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"Passing through" doesn't mean they need to warp through the object, they just need to make physical contact with the adjacent object (Object being associated with the marked star) to swap the organisation. Honestly I'm also lost so here's a visual lol

View attachment 533499
1) Mark
View attachment 533500
2) Touch adjacent
View attachment 533501
3) You can swap the order

I'm sorry that you guys actually read that in the first place, it was my 10 minute rambling :blobthumbsup:
ohhhhh ok that makes sense! its super creative and also super funky when planned well. lots of potential fuckery with picking stars lmao

Gonna drop my Lil art baby here, remastered (twice!) by a good friend of mins. I supply her shitpost doodles.
1689066202029.jpg

A mercenary android(ish) with an odd past. Even before her "compleation", as one race may call it, Mercedes was a menace on the battlefield. Now, she's somewhat of an outcast. Except in the guild she works for. In her funky Lil city, cyborgs are considered second class citizens, and her lower third of her face makes it painfully obvious, so she dons a red-violet facwe mask to compliment her pitch-black trenchcoat. Despite her constant coldness, she does become rather silly at times. Some idiot stuffed a Swiffer WetJet in her bag-of-holding chest compartment, and by popular demand, she kept it. There's also a cat in there. And a book. And a pair of spider lillies, a fuckin' blunt, and other random BS.
Some guildies call her " Momma Mercy" by accident. It is unclear if she likes it.
"Freed from the weakness of flesh, chained to the norms of society. Its a rough life. But a professional has standards, and those standards leave no room to dwell in self-pity."
—Mercedes

i can still drop here here ye? ;-;

Gonna drop my Lil art baby here, remastered (twice!) by a good friend of mins. I supply her shitpost doodles.
View attachment 533617
A mercenary android(ish) with an odd past. Even before her "compleation", as one race may call it, Mercedes was a menace on the battlefield. Now, she's somewhat of an outcast. Except in the guild she works for. In her funky Lil city, cyborgs are considered second class citizens, and her lower third of her face makes it painfully obvious, so she dons a red-violet facwe mask to compliment her pitch-black trenchcoat. Despite her constant coldness, she does become rather silly at times. Some idiot stuffed a Swiffer WetJet in her bag-of-holding chest compartment, and by popular demand, she kept it. There's also a cat in there. And a book. And a pair of spider lillies, a fuckin' blunt, and other random BS.
Some guildies call her "Momma Mercy" by accident. It is unclear if she likes it.
"Freed from the weakness of flesh, chained to the norms of society. Its a rough life. But a professional has standards, and those standards leave no room to dwell in self-pity."
—Mercedes

i can still drop here here ye? ;-;
ayo Mercy update, finally got the colored art poggggg
1689219624625.jpg

also, said WetJet in my shitpost style
1689219703379.jpg

OC Central Mini-Event
(approved by Kolohe)

IMG_3642.jpeg

hello everybody, this event will be all about turning music (specifically music genres and band names) into a literal form! those who participate will have the option of drawing a band or a genre of music and turn it into a character. this may be a little difficult to grasp at first so here’s a video that does a great job at explaining the artists thought process behind incorporating elements from the band and personifying it into a character (which can really be anything, be creative!)

and for another reference here is an example I drew of a literal radiohead character

IMG_3641.jpeg

here I tried to incorporate elements from multiple Radiohead albums, you can see some computer like glitch elements to represent OK Computer, I did a little search bar searching The Bends (and subsequently a picture of the album cover) going back to the ok computer elements. and the more on the nose references like the rainbow in the back for In Rainbows and a flower for Pablo Honey. The character itself is wearing more casual clothes, sweatshirt and sweat pants because radio head is a pretty calming listen to on a lot of their songs (and a nod to their logo on the sweatshirt).

now if a band name doesn’t suit your fancy you can also choose to personify a genre of music. if your having trouble with this, here’s a video from the same artist as before that goes throughout her process when designing the characters

(obviously you guys are not limited to personifying the genres as “cute girls” be as creative as you want!)

How to play
1. post “in” and either “genre” or “band” this will determine whether your prompt will be a genre of music or a band name
2. I will pm you your preferred genre/band themed prompt
3. you will have 2 weeks to submit your character (bonus points if you add references to the bands albums/prominent figures from the genre
4. be creative and have fun!

Signups will close 2 days from now

(late signups will be excepted just remember you won’t have as much time to work on your oc)

and with that signups will be closed in a few hours, prompts will go out sometime tomorrow morning, from there you guys will have two weeks to complete your pieces :)

(once again late signups will be excepted)

all prompts have gone out! I’ll update each of you a day before the deadline to check in, have fun everybody :)

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Yknow what. Fine. If I have to. I'll post art. I GUESS...

haha all jokes a side

A question I've never been asked is, "IMNS, what is that fluffy creature in your signature/profile picture?"

...and to those people I would respond with, "That's Monorb!"

1690866276362.png

Monorb is a precious lil' critter (based/inspired on chinchillas and squirrels, and kirby-shaped) with a big heart and a fluffy tail!

1690866713333.png
1690866727268.png
1690866775798.png
1690867011634.png
1690867024359.png

lil fuzzball

(this is how you make a post... right?)

2 weeks go by pretty quickly! for those who signed up for the most recent OC Central Event i’ll be pming the users who have not submitted to remind/double check on their submission status as the deadline is tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)