Nuzlocke Challenge

I have gotten very lazy over the past few days and haven`t made any stories or even do my run yesterday, So I`m going to try just to keep everyone posted. My Pokemon have grown quite a bit since you seen them last time.

On hand

Brezzy-Roselia (Gentle) female lv 43 Is deciding on what set to with.
Pride-Crobat (Calm) female lv lv 43 She looks to lead the team to victories but has lately been out classed by NeXuS.
NeXuS-Gengar (Bashful) male lv 46 Is the star of the team. The only reason I got by byron.
Dan Uniek-Skorupi (Impish) male lv 30 He still learning the ropes.
The Man-Toxicroak (Adamant) male lv 41 He grown from him rookie status and seeks to make a name for him self.
Perversion-Tentacruel (Bold) male lv 46 A surprise soild member and it have a rivaly with NeXuS to be the star of the team.

In the pc

Dusty-Dustox Timid lv 21 sadly he was the odd posion out.
Neo eht-Buizel Naive (shiny) yeah Yeah I almost flip out when I seen it and had to cacth it.
Nugget-Geodude timid (shiny) Yup 2 shinies. I have indeed got lucky.
fatch 4-Hoothoot (hm slave)
Justin-Bidoof (hm slave)
Billy ray-Bibarel (hm slave)

Dead
The Rock-Geodude (hm slave) he will be missed.
Mario-Croagunk died to a exploding Geodude :(

I just Beat byron and is currently training in iron island.

Hey, I was thinking of maybe doing this on Emerald in the future. Just wondering, should I expect to fail at least once? And also, is it possible to get through the E4 with no items?

Zoso- It really depends on your style of play on a normal run whether you should expect to fail. I've done two runs now, and I haven't lost but two pokemon between the two, because my normal style of run throughs doesn't let my pokemon faint anyway. But if you like to take risks and don't like to switch then you might fail. And I suppose it's possible if you have a Blissey, or something that knows softboiled/milk drink so you could heal them that way in the E4, but otherwise I'm going out on a limb and saying no, within reason. I suppose you could lv up to lv 100 and od it that way, but.... yeah

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its been a while since I updated but I have a good reason!

After my rather dramatic escape from the league and my entry into Kanto I travelled around to get my bearings before crushing the Gym Leaders of Kanto. I smashed through Surge and Erika. My confidence was high and I challenged Misty without a seconds hesitation. This proved to be my downfall as RBG and Anubis both perished. In the rush to quickly defeat Kanto I had become overconfident and thus to trusted members of my team had died. I vowed to take the cautious approach and then selected my 2 new members of my team with this in mind. Cyber (Porygon) and Whiplash (the Tangela I had caught earlier) underwent massive training to get up to the level of my other team members. The remainder of the Kanto leaders fell and Cal also failed to defeat my team members. I decided to pay one last visit to the Dragons Den for luck for my final battle with the League.

Also guys I have started up a Platinum challenge as well. Not sure what I might do for plot but oh well.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whee look at me posting twice on a page.

I entered the Dragons Den and to my surprise, saw Matt there training with his pokemon. I looked up and saw me. He smiled at me in welcome as I walked towards him. Then his face froze. I turned around very slowly and saw both Claire and Lance standing in the Entrance way to the Den. We were in a cave so we could not Fly our way out, and the exit was blocked. I tensed and knew that Claire and Lance were here for Revenge.

"Well isn't this not a pleasant surprise" Lance exclaimed as he and Clare approached us. I ignored his friendly words, and drew out a pokeball, Lance and Claire both threw theirs up in the air, a Dragonair and Gyarados stood before me. I sent out Aura. Lance smirked as he knew that I had no chance when it was 2v1. Then a flash out light, a Meganium appeared and Matt stood next to me looking determined.

Aura struck first with a Psychic smashing into the Gyarados with maximum power. Gyarados withered under the tremendous assault before rallying and striking Aura in its weak spot with a Waterfall KOing it instantly. Lance gave an evil smile as I lost yet another friend. Dragonair crippled Meganium with a Thunderwave and I knew that Matt and I were in serious trouble.

Staring down the barrel of defeat one of my team members had to step up and prove themselves and it was none other than Fury who stepped forward to, filled with anger at Aura's death. He launched a Substitute while Matt backed me up using Meganium to take the hits. From behind his Substitute Fury smashed Lances Gyarados, Charazard and Dragonite while also killing Claires Dragonair. With Lance neutralised Claire sent in her own Dragonite. Fury was tired and weak so I sent in my HM slave Flop (the Gyarados) to take the blast directed at Fury. Tremor then took down the Dragonite and Sorbek destroyed Kingdra and granting me Victory.

True to my word, The Ignition is up on the Nuzlocke Sega site.

Also, I had a change of heart, and The Inferno will be first-person, but that person is not Red, and a majority of the story is in flashbacks and dialogue, several years after the Ignition. Just so people don't go crazy later on...

Failed my Emerald run; I accepted May's challenge and got mauled by her Treecko. Meh, I should've expected it. I'm gonna try another soon, though I'm not sure what game to do yet.

EDIT: I'm doing a run on FireRed now. Seeing as FireRed is far harder then R/S/E and knowing my chances of failure, I'm not going to bother making a story. Thus far:
DinoSaur (Bulbasaur Lv. 8)
Polly (Pidgey Lv. 6)
are my team members. I'm about to head into Viridian Forest, but I haven't fought Gary. Not sure if I want to try to take him down with just Pidgey... maybe after I get Cut, for the lolz.

EDIT2: Update for the win. Got Brock's badge, but I crapped myself when Pidgey was poisoned in Viridian and I didn't have any Antidotes. Thankfully, one was available just ahead. I entered battle, healed her, moved on.
Team
DinoSaur (Ivysaur Lv.19)
Polly (Pidgeotto Lv.19)
Beiber (Wigglytuff Lv.5)
Batty (Zubat Lv.7)
In Box
Brattata (Rattata Lv.4)
Viper (Magikarp Lv.5)
Currently in Mt. Moon, but I'm a good portion of the way there. At least it isn't Viridian forest .-.

Some notable changes have happened to my team as I beat the fifth and sixth gym leaders. My starter died from a critical hit from a random trainer. However Norman was defeated easily by my torkoal. Protect on slaking's attack turn, then curse the next. Then torkoal proceeded to +6 body slam everything. The sixth gym leader was dealt with just plusle and wailmer as well.
My team

Bowser the torkoal lv 31
-My new team leader after my grovyle died. His overheat kills most things not resistant to it. Body slam after curse also does a number to most things.

Alex the plusle lv 34
-While held back by his crappy stats, he still has been useful for me. He killed 3 of winona's pokemon and managed to cripple her altaria with paralyisis and encore.

Otto the gloom lv 30
-Still hasn't changed much, he still helps because of sleep powder. I plan on evolving him in 5 levels.

Dry Bones the anorith lv 30
-A new addition to my team he is slightly annoying because he needs more experience than the rest of the team. His immunity to crits is nice.

Feline the wailmer lv 30
-My surfer pokemon, he's been useful with his ice beam. It helped kill off altaria.

Oracle the absol lv 30
-My newest member, he hasn't done much yet. His physical movepool is rather lacking, though he has sword dance.

New boxed
Surf the goldeen, Robert the elecktrike, Barney the oddish
New dead
Bart the grovyle lv 27
-When I lost my starter last time it was the beginning of the end for me, but I'm still going strong. Losing him a few levels short of leaf blade due to a crit was annoying

Huh, I didn't know torkoal learned protect. Add that to the list of "pokemon that learn protect naturally and are available before Norman", with dustox and pelipper. Any others that I missed?

no Zoso. If you press "SAVE" on your menu, and it says one area, and you walk up a stair case, it still should say the same thing. That means that you're still in the same area, and can't have another pokemon

@doomvendingmachine
I found out anorith gets protect at level 31, but that is pretty high for the fifth gym leader. Torkoal is nice because he gets a stat up move in curse as well. The drawback is that torkoal is pretty rare, especially compared with dustox and pelipper

ginganinja

Platinum Run!

(Btw im a girl this time around)

It was a brilliant day! I had just turned 17 years of age and I was ready to meet my partner pokemon for the first time! I rushed out of my room and sat down at the kitchen bench. "Morning" I told my mother as I spotted her with a coffee, chewing on a piece of toast.

My mother smiled back at me as I grabbed the cornflakes in the cupboard and started my breakfast. I gulped down some milk while chatting to my mother. Morning with my mother were always like this with my mother up before me and us talking about whatever we had planned. I was in the middle of an embarrassing conversation about this random guy in school that I thought was cute before there was a knock on the door. My mother excused herself to answer the door mercifully bringing the conversation to a close. The door opened and I shifted on my chair to get a look at who was passing by so early. Two men were standing in the doorway they looked youngish and one of them looked barely out of college. As my mother exchanged greetings with the elder of the two men the younger one gave a sudden movement, he stepped forward. There was a crackle and my mother slumped to the ground. I kicked back my chair as one of them drew a syringe and ran towards me.

Shaken and confused, I sprinted up the stairs, felt a hand grab my ankle and I lashed out with my other foot. His grip slackened and I made it to the top of the stairs. I rushed into my bedroom shutting the door as I did so. Something slammed into the door just as I turned the key, locking the door. There was a pause then the sound of multiple blows being struck. The door held for the moment but I knew it was only a matter of time before they broke in. I hurled my schoolbag at my window and the glass shattered. I looked out and swallowed. My room was on the second floor of our house so I was very high up. I could jump but I could just as easily break a leg while doing so. Behind me the door rattled and a knife was visible, trying to cut through the wood. I gave a sob as I looked from the door to the window. Indecision flowed through me I made my choice just as the door crashed open and the two men stepped in. They gave a curse as they saw the window smashed, one of them peered out. "She cannot have gone far" he muttered and they both left the room charging outside to find me.

Safe under the bed I lay quite still. The deception had worked. The men, seeing the broken window and assuming that I had jumped out whereas I had not even left the room . I knew that it would not be long before they came back so I grabbed what food was in the house and silently crept out of the house. Being careful that no-one was looking at me I ran for the bushes. I hid there until the men had returned and left in there car, taking my mother with them. I stayed there for hours wishing that this was all a bad dream and I could fly fly, fly away but in my heart I knew that this was real. Suddenly something touched my leg. I gave a start and saw a small green turtle looking at me with big eyes. I gave a small smile upon seeing how cute it looked. I thought about that book I had read, about the 6 teenagers with wings. I remembered the name of the leader of that group, that girl with a sharp tongue and impressive self defence skills. "I'm calling you Maximum" I told the small green pokemon. I gave a happy smile at its nickname and I turned and walked away from my house towards an uncertain future.

Yeah thats my introduction I hope you all liked it!

I should point out that im around Eterna City so im a little ahead of my "story" but I did want to do this bit justice. Also this plot was made in about 10 seconds so hopefully this works out o.k.
Anyway ill update the pokemon list once I have caught up with my playthrough.

Cheers

I will be starting another run soon. It will be Crystal version, and a continuation of the story posted in this thread, and the Ignition. It will not directly follow the Inferno in any way. For any conflict between the story in this thread, and the Ignition, assume that Ignition is correct.

Same rules as last time.

Hoping to get a shiny (not Gyarados) this time...

EDIT:

My Crystal cartridge broke. I will need to reset HeartGold, which will require a lot of transfers. Chapter One is identical on both, so here it is, just assume it will be a while before Chapter Two.

The Nuzlocke Sega: Part Two
I dashed forwards towards the enemy. Blue clashed with red as the world spiraled into chaos. The universe around us was ripping apart, and sucking me into its void. Things started to slip away as my existence faded. There was a sick sense of failure, but I no longer could recall the cause.

Chapter One: The Awakening

Some vague sense stirred somewhere. No, it was thought. The very presence of a thought was unusual for a reason. Thought started to flood back, slowly at first, and then in full force. The sense of being was overpowering. I existed now, but I couldn't quite remember why that was so special. Wasn't existence constant?

Upon further evaluation, I realized that I was physically alive. I couldn't remember why that was special either. A dull sense pulled at the back of my mind, as I tried to make sense of the array of thoughts scattered about. Was I a Pokemon or a human? I was faintly aware that there were other types of beings, but I vaguely remembered that they were not quite sentient. At this point, I did believe I was sentient, due to the level of thought I appeared to possess. I pulled through what I had left of a mind. There was some vague illusion tugging at the back of my mind, some sort of sense of flight. I was pretty sure that humans didn't fly. That would make me a Pokemon.

Something didn't appear right about that though. The more I sifted through things, the more I realized that I was thinking like a human. I was being shaken now. Something was impacting me physically, forcing me to wake up to the world.

There was a crowd of humans gathered around me, some backing up nervously as I began to stir. They were nervous, I could sense that. I didn't remember if humans could sense emotions or not; it was all so confusing. The older human who had been shaking me made some sort of sound. From the back of my mind, something rushed forwards, and I realized he was speaking in words, human speech. Some part of me knew human speech, and began to decipher what he was saying.

"Are you awake?" He was repeating this over and over again, trying to catch my attention, or see if I was mentally alive. My mind wrapped around the words, and eventually came up with the proper reply in human speech.

"Yes, I think I am." I said the words carefully, starting to realize that I was human.

He gave a sigh of relief, "What is your name?"

A name. Humans used those, never recognizing any two people as the same. I had one, I was sure of it. I couldn't remember it though, and it would always run from my mind whenever I started to grasp it.

Eventually, he asked if I could walk. I recalled that walking was how humans moved. The same part of my being that had understood human speech took over once more, and pulled my body upright. The man started off, keeping me constantly in his sight, as he led me over to a large building in the clearing.

The older man ordered all of the other humans out of the room, and then stared into my eyes for a long moment. "Do you know who you are?"

I shifted awkwardly, the part of me that understood how humans work now almost fully in control. "No, I don't remember anything about events before I woke up. Tell me though, what am I?"

The man seemed taken aback as he realized how little I could remember. "You are a human female, about seventeen years old, if that was what you were asking. You don't remember anything at all, do you?" I shook my head to the side, recalling that humans used this to imply a negative response. "Well, my name would be Profesor Elm. I run this town. You will probably need a name as well. How does Lyra sound, at least until you remember your real name?"

I didn't know that name, but it was better than anything else I could come up with. I agreed to the name. Elm continued, "Well, people in this nation have traditionally been allowed to recieve a Pokemon at the age of fifteen, which you appear to surpass. That isn't in place anymore, but you are still qualified to get a Pokemon. Therefore, I will give you this, one that I would normally give to new trainers." He pulled out a Pokeball- I remember what those were now- and unleashed a little mouse with flames coming off of its back. Something in the back of my mind identified it as a Cyndaquil. "Its called a Cyndaquil. It's very young, and its name is-"

"Vulcan."

Elm gazed at me in shock, not being able to understand how I could know what its name was. The truth was, is that it had told me. It was busy talking, to itself perhaps, but I could hear it in my mind. I didn't think that was normal for humans. Elm cleared his throat. "Yes, Vulcan. Come to think of it, I know someone who might be able to figure out who you are. His name is Oak."

The name sent a shiver down my spine. I knew who Oak was, but I couldn't quite remember why again, as the meaning behind the name kept slipping away from the edges of my memory. Elm noticed this, and proceeded to make the plans to send me off to see the Professor.

I realized I could go a little farther, as if I lose at the first rival battle, I soft reset due to the amount of luck involved.
The way over to see Professor Oak was rather direct and serene. I held Vulcan, the adorable male Cyndaquil I had been given, in my arms, talking to it quietly. It was a rather timid little fellow, unsure of its power, but very happy to go out and see the world. It understood I was confused, and let me go along in silence most of the time. I sorted through my mind as we went, trying to find out more about my past, but no new information came. I went on like this until Vulcan started to growl.

A little Sentret stood before us, growling back at Vulcan, and standing upright, ready to attack. I was confused for a moment, and then I remembered. Wild Pokemon were sometimes aggressive in this region. There had been some sort of cause to this, something I was connected to, but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. Vulcan jumped down ready to fight. I sensed the energy from Vulcan, and sensed it was only old enough to know two attacks. I didn't think a normal human could do that either.

Sentret ran forward in a tackle, and I ordered Vulcan to return the attack. The two lunged at each other for a few moments, but eventually Vulcan won out, and sent the wild Sentret to the ground, dead.

I hated to watch it die. It wasn't just Vulcan I could sense, I was aware of the Sentret too, and I could feel its pain every moment until its death. Sensing something unusual, Vulcan finished it off quickly, before sitting expectantly in front of me. I picked it up and started to pet it, but my mind was elsewhere. Thankfully, we did not encounter another Pokemon until we reached the next city on the road, Cherrygrove.

The town was fairly small, consisting of only a few buildings. I recognized one large building in particular. It was red, and had a more curved shape to it. I was aware that it was called a Pokecenter, and it was a place for trainers to rest when they were traveling. I noticed that Ember was still a little weak from the last fight, but it insisted that we keep on going, and I moved ahead. The road to the north was similar, with a Caterpie in our way this time. Ember made sure to kill it quickly, and I felt the pain of both contenders in the fight. I was somewhat relieved when the Caterpie's pain stopped.

At the top of the hill was a mid-size laboratory, the home of Mr. Pokemon, a human researcher, where Oak was staying at the time. I hesitantly approached the door, and knocked hesitantly. I thought that humans did that when they wanted into the home of another human. I was now starting to be certain that I was indeed a human, and tried to live and think like one, but there were still moments where I had to question things.

Mr. Pokemon, a man dressed casually and slightly younger than Elm.opened the door and led me inside. Oak was sitting in the room, and something in my mind stirred violently, but never revealed why he was so important. Oak was an older man in his earlier seventies, with a faint scar underneath his left eye that ran all the way to his left ear. I faintly remembered a fire, and made a connection between the scar and the flames.

Oak looked at me long and hard, and then asked Mr. Pokemon to leave. Oak stared for a few moments, and then asked in the same cautious tone as Elm, "You really don't know who you are?"

"No. I'm starting to remember a few vague things, but I can't remember anything about my own life. I can't even remember my name."

Oak stared into space for a moment. "That is for the best perhaps. I will tell you eventually, but I was never fully aware of the truth myself. You are important, I will tell you that much. The only other thing I will tell you is that your enemies are still alive, and will know very soon about your awakening. They will come for you, and it will be best if you come prepared. As for how you may find out, I believe that you will find out on your own in a few months. As for what you do next, I suggest you take the gym challenge. A series of the best trainers will oppose you, and if you can defeat all eight leaders of the land, you may fight the best at the Indigo Plateau. This will not only give you more challenges to improve your skills and perhaps jar your memory, but you must train. If I am correct, there is not much time left for you."

I started to ask a question, when Oak raised his hand and stopped me. "I know this is confusing. Here, take this. It's a Pokedex, a device that will allow you to contact me if anything drastic should happen. It is also an encyclopedia of Pokemon, completed by an assistant of mine a few years back, that will help you on your journey. Beyond that, take this. It is an egg. It will eventually hatch into a Pokemon that can help you on your journey. Beyond this," he stood, starting for the door, "you must write your own adventure. Good luck, and may the HAX be with you."

He walked out the door, straight past a stunned Mr. Pokemon, leaving us alone. Mr. Pokemon let me stay in his house that night, and I didn't object. I needed some time to think before I went back to see Elm. Oak's words had jogged a few memories. I remembered the gym leaders, but I had an impression that they were evil dictators, not mere trainers like Oak had implied. I also knew what the Pokedex was, and vaguely remembered the reference he had made to an assistant.

Vulcan noticed I was confused, and rubbed against me, trying to get me to calm down. I stroked it, but never really stopped thinking. Late in the night, a strange weight in my body overcame me, and I fell asleep.

There was a strange blue light in my sleep, laughing at me from what appeared to be a great distance. "So, the sleeper awakens. We shall see how far you can get. Oak was a fool, and refused to give you full warning. But beware, your time approaches, and nothing can stop your death." The laughter surrounded me, and I woke up with a start.

It was dawn outside, and Vulcan was nudging me curiously, wondering what was happening. I stroked it down, whispering for it not to worry. Mr. Pokemon had food waiting for Vulcan and I, but didn't ask any questions as we ate. I thanked him, and Vulcan and I set out for the day.

There was no interference until we got into Cherrygrove, and I ran down the path, playing with Vulcan and trying to forget the dream. It was strange how after losing any memories I had, I was already trying to lose them again. I laughed at the thought, and even though he didn't understand why I was laughing, Vulcan laughed too.

Inside of Cherrygrove, we were stopped by a red-headed human male, about my age. He was running down the street, and bumped into me, knocking me over. I got up, ignoring him, when he smirked down, a look of power in his eye. "Wait, where do you think you're going? I have Pokemon, you have Pokemon, and we just met. My name is Silver, and I will be the best. We will battle now, and the world shall witness my power!"

He was yelling now, making sure that everyone around us was aware of the challenge. I knew that humans used Pokemon to fight thier battles periodically. That was honestly beneath me. I wasn't going to let Vulcan die for some petty fight, and the ability to sense the pain of both Pokemon was a major reason for me not to accept.

I started to walk past him, "Come on Vulcan, he's not worth our time."

Silver smiled, and sent out a small crocodile Pokemon. "Chomper, let's show them what we do to people who run from fights." Chomper growled, and ran straight towards me before being knocked back by Vulcan. I sensed that Vulcan would be powerful enough to use it, so I ordered a Smokescreen attack. A huge jet of a black fog shot out from Vulcan's mouth, leaving Chomper and Silver blind. I could still sense both Pokemon through the gas.

"Good, now use Leer to your left." Vulcan shot out a golden beam from its eyes, locking onto Chomper somewhere in the darkness. Vulcan then began to tackle towards the point where Leer had hit, and started hitting Chomper hard, before Silver withdrew it, not quite willing to let it die.

He said only this through the screen before he ran off, "Very well, take the win this time. But one of these days I will win, and you will be very sorry for using your cowardly tactics."

EDIT: Started HGSS, and got to the point where I could write Chapter Two

Chapter Two: The Rising
Vulcan ran on rather quickly, having broken out of his former nervousness, and now revealing himself to be rather rushed and hasty. He was also getting very confident in his power, able to faint most things in our path in one or two hits, a relief on my part. I wondered how much I should tell Elm, and eventually decided to tell him only the basics; I was to go on a quest to conquer all gyms in Johto and train up a team to maximum power. That was all that he needed to know.

No one really noticed my return to New Bark Town, which was very relieving to me. Elm listened in silence to my story about Oak's message. He took out five capsules, Pokeballs, and gave them to me to help on my challenge. He didn't need the details, but after some event three years ago, it became obvious that Oak had a talent at picking out winning trainers.

The path back to Cherrygrove City was uneventful, with Vulcan rushing ahead and finishing off Pokemon in advance. That was helpful, as the radiating pain was diminished at greater distances. Back in Cherrygrove, we stocked up on supplies and spent the night at the Pokemon Center. After the events of the last two days, I fell asleep almost instantly.

The first gym I was to challenge was in Violet City to the north of Cherrygrove. There was a long path of trainers along the way, all of them eager to battle. Vulcan was becoming ever more powerful, and managed to faint most opposing Pokemon very quickly into battles, limiting the pain unleashed in the fight. We did try to avoid most trainer battles, with Vulcan running a safe distance ahead to find less traveled side paths. After a series of battles with trainers and wild Pokemon, we arrived in Violet City.

The city was old in appearance, and even older in reality. It was allegedly the oldest city in Johto, and contained many of the land's oldest shrines. I had researched the city the previous night at the Pokemon Center to discover these things. I had also learned that Violet City's gym leader was out, and his young son would be leading the gym with his array of weaker bird Pokemon.

However, when I arrived at the gym, I discovered that the leader was out for the day, taking care of some buisiness at the ruins in the south. In the meantime, it was said that a minor shrine to the north was full of trainers I could test my skills against, so I decided to go there. It didn't matter how much I hated battling; I was going to have to fight eventually.

As I stepped inside of the ruins, I found Vulcan chasing after a small Rattata. The Rattata was weak from the fight, and I recalled Oak's message to build a team. I was about to tell Vulcan to lay off, when it just backed away, as if it had heard my order. I began to realize that my communication with partner Pokemon could be two-way after a bond had been built, and noted that this could be used to my advantage in later fights. I raised a Pokeball into the air, and threw it at the Rattata. It was sucked into the ball, which shook for a while before the seal was firmly established. I had caught my second Pokemon.

Upon healing it at the Pokemon Center, I discovered that it was a young male Rattata, and very timid, fleeing from most bad situations. It wasn't that powerful at the moment, but it could be a force with proper training. He wasn't named, so I decided to call him Mercury.

Mercury grew powerful fighting up the ancient tower. Most sages in the shrine used only Bellsprout, which Mercury soon learned to destroy quickly. Regrettably, the fights were long and drawn out, with pain constantly being emmited from both sides. I cringed for the moment, knowing that eventually Mercury would be strong enough to destroy opponents just as quickly as Vulcan could now.

At the top of the tower a familiar human awaited. It was the boy from yesterday, and he was locked into combat when I first saw him. He was fighting a sage more powerful than the rest, probably the tower elder. The elder had a Weepingbell up against Silver's Totodile. With careful manuevering, Totodile avoided all of Weepingbell's attacks, and struck back with a slew of its own, eventually taking down the elder's Weepingbell. Both the elder and I noticed something about the way Silver battled. He was very direct and cruel, not hesitating to risk killing the opponent's Pokemon with reckless actions. He accepted his prize for victory, and rushed straight past me and down the tower.

The elder sighed as I approached, and stated that he did have more Pokemon. He led with a Bellsprout, and I decided to test something I believed that Vulcan had learned. My theory proved correct, and at the start of the battle Vulcan blew a barrage of flames at Bellsprout, fainting it instantly on contact. The elder looked confused, and I realized that I hadn't given the actual order for Vulcan to attack. The elder sent out a Hoothoot. Vulcan hit it with another Ember, followed by a direct tackle, sending the Hoothoot to the ground. I had made an effort to actually give verbal orders to Vulcan for the moment; the elder already sensed something special.

The elder looked between Vulcan and I for a while, and then started to congratulate me on my win. He mentioned that communication between humans and Pokemon was a very rare gift, and was only known to exist in two individuals in Kanto. It was generally the sign of a very powerful bond, and that I should use the ability for the best before finally giving me the token of the tower, a small rope with the ability to guide the user out of any dungeon.

I thought about the elder's statement that night. If there was such a small group of humans with the ability I had, it was possible that I was one of those individuals. If either of them had gone missing, it would be my answer. Unfortunately, after further research I discovered that one was a gym leader, and the other was in the Elite Four, and niether were missing.

The next day Falkner's gym was open. I walked in boldly, fully prepared for the fight ahead. An elevator took me up to the roof of the gym. In all reality, the roof wasn't really a roof. There were a number of platforms dotted high above the gym floor, with no solid surface to speak of. The opposing trainer was young, not much older than I was. He spoke for awhile, but whatever he said was lost by the roar of the wind. He sent out a Pidgey, and the battle began. I sent out Vulcan, ensuring that it landed on a platform. While Pidgey charged forwards in a tackle, Vulcan shot a stream of Embers its way, harming it and weakening the attack. One more stream of flames, and Pidgey was shot out of the sky. Unflinching, Falkner sent out a Pidgeotto. I switched to Mercury, hoping its agility would make up for its lack of power. Pidgeotto lunged forwards, and Mercury intercepted with a lash from its tail. Pidgeotto lunged back, and Mercury struck forwards to meet it in an extremely fast tackle that outpaced the enemy. As Mercury fell to the gym floor, I withdrew it and sent in Vulcan. Prepared for the switch, Pidgeotto shot a gust of wind towards Vulcan, pushing him off of the roof. Falkner smirked, and was about to ask for a surrender, when suddenly Vulcan shot back onto the roof, propelled by a stream of flames. He smacked into Pidgeotto, hitting it hard and landing on its back. As Pidgeotto prepared to shake it off, Vulcan struck back with a tackle faster than Mercury's and sent Pidgeotto following Pidgey. Falkner tossed me the Zephyr badge, and jumped down to join his Pokemon. He was unharmed by the fall.

That night, the voice from earlier appeared in my dreams. It appeared once more in a cloud of blue, but the voice was slightly closer this time. "Impressive, you have held onto your title as master of the skies. But beware, there is a nice little suprise coming your way. Let's see how you do beneath the surface." The laugh echoed across the dream, until I awoke to discover it was morning.

The path to the south was relatively uneventful, with few trainers and wild Pokemon easily crushed by Mercury. Vulcan was starting to stay on the sidelines more and more, content to watch Mercury deal with the Pokemon in front. Far to the south lie Union Cave, a tunnel connecting Azelea and Violet. At the entrance to the cave was a lone Sandshrew. I was content to let Mercury deal with it, but Vulcan jumped forwards, wanting to fight. Vulcan shot forwards in a fast tackle as Sandshrew slashed back. Vulcan took pitiful damage from the attack, and cried out, becoming engulfed in light as it did so. The light twisted and turned, and when the glow subsided, a larger, stronger Pokemon stood in Vulcan's place. One more tackle sent Sandshrew to the ground, and I decided to capture it. I named it Pluto, and turned back to the north to train it.

Pluto led the way through Union Cave, knowing many of the passages contained within, which helped us avoid trainer battles and encounter only very few wild Pokemon. It wasn't long at all before we arrived in Azelea Town. The town appeared to be swarming with soldiers in Black uniforms, and there was a great radiation of pain coming from a well at the town entrance. I knew I could never focus with that much pain nearby, and decided to help whatever was hurt. There were more soldiers in the well, all of whom were crushed by Pluto, with some occasional support from Mercury or Vulcan.

At the end of the well was an executive from the group, who appeared to be in charge of the operation. He announced that he was a leader in Team Rocket, the army of the true leaders of the empire, who were away in hiding at the moment. He yelled about how he could not be stopped, and sent out a Zubat to do battle. I led with Vulcan, my most powerful Pokemon, unsure of how powerful the executive was. Zubat was easily crushed in a single burst of flames. Koffing managed to set up several layers of Smokescreens and Smog, but was eventually destroyed by Vulcan's attacks. He fled under the cloud he had created.

The town viewed me as a sort of hero for managing to repulse the army of the old leadership of the empire, that I had been told was toppled three years ago. The gym leader of the town set at a distance at the celebration, and only once approached me to say that he would be ready to take my challenge in the morning.

So I started a Ruby Nuzlocke challenge, with no healing items of any kind, and named myself Quideck. I started with Ricky the Torchic and caught no grass, fighting, or water pokemon. Roxanne killed me.

I started another, naming myself Qid Jr, and chose Kippy the Mudkip. This run has been more successful, although half the pokemon I have caught have died. I'll put it all in more detail sometime. I just beat Watson.

My goodness, I am so game for this Challenge. I'll be doing it on Sapphire for now. But intend to do I on Diamond later.

Edit: I like Moot's rules. Including the whole pokeball thing. Lets make it ever more interesting.

I think the only person I've seen post that has an easy time with her was someone who used Geodude with Rock Smash. From my Scramble challenge I know that a decent level Furret with Rock Smash will do well enough

ginganinja

yeah she is such a bitch to beat. A Female Machop will smoke her butt but outside of that you need something like a Rock type to outclass Miltank. ON a few occasions in my many HG Nuzlockes I tried a shit load of things such as Reflects or a boatload of Status. She is just so tough to face early in the game

Well, Platinum is canceled due to broken laptop ._.

Thankfully, I've been nuzlocking Sapphire on the side.

So here comes Part 1.

"Legend in the Making"

"GET OUTTA THE TRUCK!"

I woke up, startled and confused. I couldn't see anything. Suddenly, I felt someone grabbing me. The back of the truck opened, and I was quickly tossed onto the ground below me.

"AAH FFF THAT HURT!"

I looked up, and noticed that this was Littleroot Town. I dusted myself off, thinking about my predicament. But then...

"It's just another day as a Pokémon Professor! I wonder what awaits me..AAHH HELP ME IT'S A DOG THING!"

I heard the cry for help, and pondered about whether or not I should help. I chose help. I ran over to the man, and he motioned to a picnic basket...or was it?

"Pick a Pokémon, NOW!"

"This one!"

The green gecko, Treecko appeared from the Pokéball, determined and ready

>Pound
>Leer

"Lets go with Leer!"

Lasers shot forth, and the Poochyena lost defense. It attempted to attack, but Treecko swiftly dodged it.

"LETS GO TREECKO!!!"

I commanded for it to use Pound, and it leaped, spun, and slammed Poochyena with its tail.

"A critical hit!"

Poochyena fainted afterwards, unable to move.

"You ROCK!"

The professor led me back to his lab, where he gifted me that Treecko, and even let me nickname it.

"Forte the Treecko joined the party!"

I knew this would the beginning of a manly friendship. Forte and I would conquer all, and I'd figure out why I was brought to Hoenn.

END CHAPTER.

Next time: "Life and Death"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)