Official NU Stage 10 Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have finally arrived to the voting stage! The following users have qualified to vote:

The Immortal
FLCL
srk1214
Fuzznip
Punchshroom
Royalty
atomicllamas
Moose V
Metal Sonic
ShuckleKing87
Robert Alfons
scorpdestroyer
Fat Lenny
Chieliee

To determine what happens to Liepard in NU, we'll be using the instant runoff vote, like what happened during the Hail suspect test in RU a while back. There will be a few options to choose from, and you'll list them in your order of preference. Be sure to bold your list. The Voting options are below

1. Ban Liepard
All forms of Liepard will be banned from the tier.

2. Ban Assist
A Pokemon may not have the move Assist.

3. Ban Assist + Prankster
A Pokemon can not have the move Assist and the ability Prankster at the same time.

4. No Ban
Liepard, Assist, and Assist + Prankster are not banned, metagame remains the same

We will be using a simple majority vote for this test, so an option will only need a 50%+ majority to be implemented, unless another option quickly gets a super majority (66%+) by the end of the vote (Unlikely). Heres an example vote below so you know what your votes should look like (of course order not required).

Sample Vote said:
It's as simple as that! Feel free to add a little explanation if you so desire. You have until Saturday, October 26 at 11:59 p.m. EST to vote. Reminder: admins, super moderators, and Policy Review moderators must delete their votes to keep this a 'blind' vote.

Also if you have voted in four BW Suspect Tests, you are eligible for the Tiering Contributor badge. Please PM Raseri with links to all of your BW votes (even if it exceeds 4), and I will process them all.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
3 - Gets the job done with the best results for the NU tier.
2 - Essentially does the same as number 3 but removing an entire move when there is only 1-2 abusers is unnecessary.
1 - Liepard is good for the tier bar the set in question but it's better than leaving it in the tier with that set.
4 - No.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Assist has no practical, competitive uses in NU (I'd argue this is not true in higher tiers, where Spinda can run Assist V-Create). Even if most users of it are awful, it is a noncompetitive move that removes gameplay skill from matches and deserves to go. Also, I'm still not sure about the usefulness of Unburden Liepard doing the same job, so I'm going to be safe rather than sorry and avoid the complex ban.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

I have explained myself in the discussion thread already, I reckon. Banning Prankster + Assist is the best way to solve this for good (so no return of Purrloin or anything). Banning Assist only definitely works too. The other two options I'd rather avoid but alas.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I've thought long and hard about option 2 after srk1214 posted about Unburden, but in the end decided that it's much easier to check this because Liepard user pretty much only has one chance and can't mispredict, plus it's much harder to switch matchups with the opponent without priority phazing if activating Unburden isn't ideal

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This was a tough choice for the top three, but I actually don't think purrloin is broken after using it (way the hell better than it should be, but not broken). No, I don't find swag pard broken, or even annoying, as I tend to use probo pass, but Liepard is broken due to its high speed, access to assist, nasty plot, and prankster. No ban I put second, because although this is a stupid strategy that totally depends on match up, it isn't impossible to beat, even with a normal NU team. Banning assist makes no sense, obvious fourth choice.

it was clear to me that option 3 and 2 would be the top two ones, and 4 and 1 the bottom two. I opted to put 3 at the top because Assist without Prankster is pretty easy to deal with. It's still a mindless strategy, but an easily counterable one. I put 4 above 1 because i think PivotPard really cannot be banned because it's such a great utility mon.

Alright, we have a majority!

With 8/14 first place votes, Prankster + Assist was chosen to be banned by you guys. I'll contact the Showdown staff and try to get it updated ASAP.

Thank you everyone for participating in this suspect test, let's hope NU is better because of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)