NU: DANGER ZONE [Survivor: Sweet Jesus]

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner thanks to Keiran
Approved by Zeb, FLCL and Raseri

Welcome one and all to the Neverused Danger Zone, where your NU skills and teambuilding will be put to the test. In this new project you’ll be thrown into a (metaphorical) danger zone and fight for your survival.​

How it’s going to work
There will be two phases to this - Night and day. During the night shift, if you’re still alive you will PM me the number of the Zone you wish to move into.

Once I get your PM i will reply with the theme (In order to give you maximum time to teambuild) All of the possible themes will be announced at the first night shift. It’s recommended to build or at least have a solid idea of what you’re going to use before the first day begins.

Day 1 - Pairings will be put up. All pairings will be randomised by Zone (Ie, if FLCL, Keiran and JirachiCelebiMew all went for Zone 7 and Starships and Finchinator went for zone 2) Then FLCL/Keiran/JCM would be randomised (One will get a bye) and Starships and Finchinator would be paired together. From when the Day shift starts you will have 3 days to battle your opponent using the team theme assigned to you. Once you win your battle, post in the thread, and you’ll advance onto the next day and the process repeats.

Zones will removed as further days go on. I won’t tell you which themes have gone, but I will tell you which Number has gone.

(Basically, You’ll move into a Zone, get a theme and battle someone else who also went into that zone with the theme in mind)

Activity and Johns
I’ll deal with this exactly as I would any normal Tournament.

It is reccomended that you come onto IRC (#Neverused) to locate your opponent.

Team Themes (In no particular Order)
Standard NU - Standard Smogon NU
DPP NU - Standard Smogon DPP NU
ADV NU - Standard ADV NU according to this post
Single Mon -The same Pokémon Six times on the same team. (6 Zweilous for example)
Mono Gen -All the Pokémon on your team must come from the Same generation
Mono Colour - All the pokémon on your team must be the same colour according to the Pokédex.
Mono Type -All the Pokémon on your team must share a type (6 Grass types for Example) Only one of the types in a dual type mon needs to match, ie, Cradily may be used on a Rock or Grass team
Spell a Word - All of your pokémon must spell a legitimate English word. (ie, found in the Oxford Dictionary)
Dark Horse - All of your team must contain at least 1 Dark Horse Pokémon (Below 3.41% in the usage stats
Pro-Choice - All your pokémon must hold a Choice Item.
No Recovery - No Recovery Moves / Abilities / Items may be used on your squad.
Weather - Your team must be based around a particular weather
NFE - All pokémon on your team must be able to evolve
No Team Preview - Team Preview must be turned off for the duration.
PU - All pokémon must be in the PU tier.
Dropdown - Three pokémon will be brought down from other tiers you may use on of these on your teams. The three pokémon brought down will change and will be the same as your opponent receives.
Doubles - Smogon Doubles with NU Pokémon

More may get added, depending on interest levels.
Remaining Zones
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1011 12 13 14 15 16 17
Remaining Participants
  • [X] [X]Treecko
  • [ ] [ ]Raseri
  • [X] [ ]tennisace
  • [X] [X]Keiran
  • [X] [X]Audiosurfer
  • [X] [ ]Shnen
  • [X] [ ]FLCL
  • [X] [ ]Infernis
  • [ ] [ ]JirachiCelebiMew
  • [ ] [ ]Axaj
  • [X] [ ]Agent Dell
  • [X] [X]bobbyVaporeon
  • [X] [X]Dr. Ciel
  • [X] [X]Sidfrid
  • [X] [ ]CBTerrakion
  • [X] [X]Icecream
  • [X] [X]Cherub Agent
  • [X] [ ]InsaneDragonite
  • [X] [ ]No Luck Involved
  • [X] [X]ShuckleKing87
  • [X] [ ]The Unlucky One
  • [X] [ ]Vivillon
  • [X] [X]Scorpdestroyer
  • [X] [ ]Tagliatelle21
  • [X] [ ]Fizz
  • [X] [X]Zebraiken
  • [X] [X]Finchinator
  • [X] [X]Meeps
  • [X] [ ]atomicllamas
  • [X] [X]Django
  • [X] [X]The Quasar
  • [X] [X]Celever
  • [X] [X]Nozzle
  • [ ] [ ]Sweet Jesus
  • [X] [X]Hot N Cold
Deadline
Signups -26/05/13 10pm GMT+1

I want to be in but I will be on vacation/counseling at camp from June 5-21. Is there like subs or something that involves switching out between rounds cause I love the idea and would love to participate.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to be in but I will be on vacation/counseling at camp from June 5-21. Is there like subs or something that involves switching out between rounds cause I love the idea and would love to participate.
I can't see How subs will work in this I'm afraid Lolkomori. If you (theoreticaly) keep picking dead zones. I'd be able to include you. It's the only feasible way you could be in it.

phantom

Banned deucer.
in

Edit:
Spell a Word - All of your pokémon must spell a legitimate English word. (ie, found in the Oxford Dictionary)
Wait, do the words have to be in order of the Pokemon's name, or can you mix the letters to form another word?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)