np: UU - Here It Goes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a side question:

Umbreon is moving up to OU due to its usage. I know OU is defined solely on usage, but if a pokemon moves between OU and UU, should it be banned from UU each time? It seems to me a lot of pokemon can survive healthily in both metagames, such as P2, Spiritomb, Umbreon, etc. Pokemon usage in the Ubers tier doesn't insta-ban that pokemon from OU, why should it be the same for UU? Even tho we don't see this problem all that often, what becomes of Donphan or Dugtrio (if it even stays UU) if they head back to OU the next month? Should a pokemon be automatically considered for BL if they have enough usage to avoid this problem?
there could be asteriks for some OU pokes that are usable in UU
like, i remember when tentacruel was considered a UU poke even though he usage was like nearing top 20 or something like that

yup, it's been a while guys

I predict a spike in Tangrowth and Torterra usage to capitalize on Dugtrio's entry to UU. These two pokemon have large HP and Defense stats and resist EQ.

Also some will use Pursuiters will be used to "trap" Dugtrio itself, but this would lead to some interesting mindgames...

Absol vs Dugtrio, Sucker Punch or Pursuit?

Absol could also easily come in to revenge a CB Sucker Punch Dugtrio.

And if Shaymin stays in UU, we have another effective counter. Hopefully it won't though, because then Torterra usage would go down.

Speaking of Torterra, he seems to be getting better and better in UU now. He'll have to watch out for Ice Shard Donphan though.

How the hell does Donphan get Ice Shard anyways?

And if Shaymin stays in UU, we have another effective counter.
Please don't use the word 'counter' when referring to Dugtrio.

How the hell does Donphan get Ice Shard anyways?
You have to breed for it. It can get it through quite a few Pokemon, including Weavile, Mamoswine and Smeargle. Obviously doesn't matter for the ladder on Shoddy though.

What's interesting is that Phanpy gets Ice Shard through breeding but not Aqua Jet, which would make at least as much sense if not more so.

Please don't use the word 'counter' when referring to Dugtrio.

You have to breed for it. It can get it through quite a few Pokemon, including Weavile, Mamoswine and Smeargle. Obviously doesn't matter for the ladder on Shoddy though.

What's interesting is that Phanpy gets Ice Shard through breeding but not Aqua Jet, which would make at least as much sense if not more so.
Sorry about using counter, I meant check, but didn't really think about it beforehand.

I already knew that it was through breeding, it was more of a rhetorical question than anything.

Weezing is the best dugtrio counter, ive already started using it. Claydol works too.

Thing is it can just switch out, while when dugtrio switches in on something weak its done.

Definitely will be voted out soon.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't see Dugtrio all that threatening as everyone seems to think. If anything it will balance the tier, since I really don't think offensive teams gonna care much about him as much as stall teams.

Dugtrio really will balance the tier, as it can take out key parts of Offense as well as Stall. Now that I think about it, I think offense and balance are gonna take a bigger hit. Stall can afford to put a Shed Shell on things like Chansey and Roserade that can heal themselves, and even Registeel who can be healed by Wish Chansey. Chansey can even easily stick counter on to beat Duggy ( Wish/(protect/softboiled)/SToss/ Counter). Offense and balance on the other hand won't like sticking a Shed Shell on their Registeel/Regirock, making their defensive core vulnerable. And offense especially can't afford getting rid of the Life Orb's form their wall breakers and sweepers besides Missy.

Oh and the best "counter" to Dugtrio has always been P2.

As I said before, I'm gonna use a bunch of ground weak pokemon with shed shells and flying types that love free setup.
Take that dugtrio!

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As I said before, I'm gonna use a bunch of ground weak pokemon with shed shells and flying types that love free setup.
Take that dugtrio!
Yeah, really what was the point of that....?

Well, most dugtrio's are gonna run choice band. Except for mine, which is life orbed. But if it's choiced, I don't have to worry, after all, what dugtrio user would predict a switch.
But yeah, I may have to redo my whole team, it relies on the opponet having a choice dugtrio a lot...
Wow i'm an idiot!

If you really thought making a team composed of Rock and Ground weak Pokemon was a good idea, then you've obviously never faced a Rhydon or Torterra.

yeah, like I daid, dum. Besides, my sweepers like blaziken are really gonna miss life orb, and with all those flying types, if donphan doesn't get his spin off...
So yeah, I just decided to let my guys be revenged when needed to. I'll be carrying a tangrowth, choice scarf milotic, sub sweeper yanmega, and mayby porygon-2 as well, so it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)