Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 ROUND 1!

oh yeah it was too :) i feel a bit better about that actually, haha

im free to trade now if you're able, i thought i needed to go out but didnt :)

loving the mascot, lorak is my hero. im in favor of porygon cause i love shiny porygon z
so i was planning on not getting an ar this week but i may have to just so i dont feel bad about not getting anyone their prize in a timely manner(assuming i win)

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Bob and i will have our battle soon, but i NEED someone to EV wipe something for me, as well as EV train another. I dont care how this is done, but if you can do it, please PM me

This is really depressing... No matter how much time I put in team-building, I always play the person who has the better team. I mean, I have the resources to put together a solid team, but every time, and I mean everytime, I get outplayed.

We are nearly hafl way through, keep it up people :D. Any issues regarding connection problems etc., may be forwarded to me, as I have heard about some, and possible repairings in those cases could occur. LMK!

Don't worry about it, it's only Wednesday, and I'm pretty happy with the amount of results so far. As long as you get it done ebfore the deadline, be it today or Sunday morning I don't mind :D. Hope you feel better.

Hey Pablo is there like a rule or a norm to follow in case someone wifi cause a DC? Like if the connect dropped after allowing a few attacks, when opponents go back into battle should they use the same moves? Or is it fair game?

Hey Pablo is there like a rule or a norm to follow in case someone wifi cause a DC? Like if the connect dropped after allowing a few attacks, when opponents go back into battle should they use the same moves? Or is it fair game?
Hey Pablo, regarding that ^above^, I think I made it up (a long time ago) a D/C clause back on wifileague.com when it was still running. But if some one disconects, you both deposit all pokes that were already fainted and have your lead poke the two pokes before the D/C. Then you just battle it out from there. It could use a few adjustments if you think, but if everyone likes it, we can use it if thats ok with you.

I don't like the above rule at all. It really disturbs potential flow of the battle. What if you were +1 Dragon Dance, you couldn't just restart the battle and set it up again.

Just won my battle against Termed. Got off to a quick sweep in the beginning which sealed the win. Final ended up being 3-0 me.

Good game and fun Termed.

If your opponent is as smart as you are, they'd probabally expect the same thing it they were aware of it, if you're thinking about outpredicting your opponent, go ahead, your opponent might pull the same thing again- costing you the game. Something like:

Opponent sent out Heatran
You send out Gallade
Heatran used Flamethrower
Gallade used Close Combat
Heatran fainted
Your opponent switches to Gyarados
You switch to
Gyarados uses Taunt
Starmie used Thunder...'disconnection'
You both reconnect
You get smart and think your opponent will switch to Gyarados now that he/she has seen your team...

Heatran used Flamethrower
Gallade used Will-o-Wisp
Flash Fire activated
Heatran rapes your team

Try to outpredict your opponent and it may prove to be fatal. So, smarter, more careful players will try to stay on track and hope for the best.

However, if it came down to something like "OMG! Stone Edge missed and I got a free DD!", how exactly would you work that out? Hax is also a factor in this.

EDIT: PokeMONstar, that wasn't a rule at Wifileague. If there was a d/c, someone would either report it or, restart the battle from scratch. If the battle went on for a while, the 2 players would just argue about who would've won, resulting in a short fight in a battle thread and a mod would just break it up after a page of bullshit.

EDIT 2: In our battle, I risked the whole game by Wisping on the third try. Don't say I didn't because, it came in handy,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)