NO UBERS FOR YOU! VGC 09 Tournament- Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not out of the tournament until you lose 2 sets. Next round you'll be paired against someone else who also has 1 loss.

At least that's my understanding of things.

andrea

/me cresselias
Thanks to everyone who has gotten their first matches done so far! Tomorrow is the deadline for results. If you don't have any posted, I'll flip coins on activity.

And yes, this is double elimination. If you lose this first round, you get paired up with someone who also has a loss. Winners get paired up with winners for next round etc etc.

Also, so I'm not breaking my own rules, mzenken and I contacted each other a couple days back and our matches will be done tomorrow. =P

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
By the way, Wikipedia has an article explaining double-elimination tournaments, for those that don't know how they're usually structured. Typically it means you need to lose twice to be eliminated from the tournament (and someone with one loss can still win the overall tournament).

hi,

I tried to contact mattj (yesterday and today)

But have not received any response from him yet. I have to leave right now so I doubt we finish the battle in time...

Confirming that I lost against 616. First battle was haxy with a double burn with Heat Wave and his Cresselia surviving with very little HP. (0-4 I LOST)
2nd round had no real hax and I simply lost, not too badly as the score might say, but it felt like I did much worse. (0-1 I LOST)

I was working on a different team but could not get it in time so I made a makeshift team just for this battle that I knew won't work out too well. For the next round though I will have the team I planned to use in the beginning.

although it's already in the OP, confirming a win over andrea via her not being able to have a team ready until tomorrow (and her not wanting to delay the tournament)

Supe

would you suck the poison out
I'm a little confused by some of the posts on this page. Is each round supposed to be best of 3?

andrea

/me cresselias
Dubs is one smart cookie. =)

Each round is best of three so you can use your subs if need be. I'll have round two posted tonight- remember, everyone still has another match to do! Even if you lost round one, you can still come back and take the tourney.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Well shit. I read it twice and still missed it. What a gyp, but oh well. At least it's double elim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)