Gen 2 Nightmare jynx + double electric offense

https://pokepast.es/c4499e2b324976e3

:gs/raikou:

Raikou is my teams primary special check due to my snorlax running self destruct. I chose thunder over thunderbolt for its higher damage. I use hp water over hp ice for higher damage on golem, steelix and rhydon. I used hp water on raikou instead of zapdos because raikou is better and baiting in the mono eq steelx and golem. Rest and sleep talk is so raikou can act better as a special wall and for it to absorb sleep. A downside of this team not running Roar on raikou is that it isn't that great at dealing with bato pass (mostly JoltWak smeargle gets 2hkod by raikou and ttar can deal with scizor) I used it as a lead because it deal with every lead that zapdos can besides nidoking, which isn't that much of a problem for my team, and beats lead zapdos.

:gs/zapdos:

Thunder is chosen over tbolt for higher damage. Hp ice is used over hp water for exeggutor coverage before jynx can switch in while maintaining coverage on grounds. Hp water is a better fit on raikou as it baits the the pokemon whot take more damage from hp water in better. Rest talk is used over a whirlwind or screen set so my team has more defensive options than just raikou.

:gs/jynx:

Jynx is my mid-late game threat. Ice Beam is the main spammable stab while psychic is the coverage for resists. Nightmare is used to harass sleep talkers and can pair with lovely kiss to break through walls like blissey or non sleep talk snorlax. Jynx comes in on ice beams/psychics and exeggutor if I know it doesn't have stun Spore. Jynx can also come in after snorlax dies to clean up the rest of the enemy team.

:gs/snorlax:

I honestly can't remember why I initially decided to use this snorlax set as I made it before I decided to put raikou on the team. Double edge is my STAB because it does the more damage than return and I don't want pokemon protected by lovely kiss from body slam para. I decided to use curse over belly drum because it gives me more set up opportunities. Eq is for the rocks and gengar so I don't have to switch out after setting up and self destruct is to trade. I usually only switch in snorlax when raikou can't handle a special attacker, to clean up after jynx, or to take out a sweeper with explosion.

:gs/cloyster:

Cloyster is my spiker. I used over forretress because I didn't need its utility and I used it over a spinner because my team pairs better with spikes on the enemies field than no spikes on my field and I didn't want to lose mome switching into starmie. Spike chip is accentuated by nightmare damage. The moveset is pretty standard so I don't think I need to explain it.

:gs/tyranitar:

Tyranitar is my normal resistant phazer. Eq is the main damaging move for most pokemon. Pursuit is used not only to trap ghosts and psychics, but it also helps against raikou after eq and other low health pokemon. Fire blast is for damaging the steel types and can hit cloyster on the switch. If I were to use a fith move it would be crunch which Ididn't use crunch because I value pursuit over it and I rather have extra damage on raikou than the things that crunch hits.

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Your team is reasonably well constructed and follows the generic GSC offense architecture of Snorlax/Zapdos/Cloysyer/Normal resist + 2 filler. Most of your moveset choices are fairly standard sets in GSC and have been proven to perform well in the metagame. However, I think its important to ask why you have these 6 mons together. Each of your pieces do things, but I think the team lacks overall cohesion and a unified game plan.

From my understanding of your team, your main game plan is to use Jynx + the two electrics beat down the opponent while using Snorlax + Tyranitar is miscellaneous utility. Cloyster performs its standard Spiking and exploding role of course. Self-Destruct Snorlax is an atypical choice to use with a special offense but it can put in work if you use it to target the opponent's Snorlax. Likewise, using Pursuit Tyranitar to pressure Raikou is not a common strategy used for special offense but it's functional if you can put it into practice. However, issues arise if you cannot execute on these strategies and you team ends up walled by Raikou and Snorlax. This will happen most often in the stall matchup where Skarmory and take Snorlax's Self-Destruct and Tyranitar might struggle with longevity.

As it stands your team is functional against other offenses, but is going to have a tough time against stalls. This isn't to say the matchup is impossible, but it is difficult. To give your team more options in these matchups I recommend the following changes:
:gs/jynx:
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic -> Substitute
- Nightmare

:gs/tyranitar:
- Pursuit -> Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Fire Blast -> Curse

These changes are simple in nature, but have some important consequences. Substitute allows Jynx more opportunities to click Nightmare - especially against a Sleep Talking opponent. Dropping Psychic coverage can be difficult, but Substitute greatly helps Jynx in its role of busting through special walls with the combination of Lovely Kiss + Nightmare.

The changes to Tyranitar are intended to synergize with Self-Destruct Snorlax when you're in the stall matchup. Adding a second physical threat means that you can take advantage of holes your Snorlax punches in the opponent's physical walls. Diversifying your team with special and physical attackers lets Snorlax's Self-Destruct be effective whenever it removes the opponent's wall. While Pursuit Tyranitar has a purpose to chip Raikou, its less valuable when you don't have any teammates that mandate Pursuit support to remove ghost types. Changing to a Curse set will make Tyranitar more impactful in more games.

As a side note, double electric offense teams usually want to lead Zapdos if they lead with an electric type. Zapdos is a more immediate offensive threat and matchups up better against Earthquake Snorlax. Leading with the more defensive Raikou often sets you on the back foot.

New paste:
https://pokepast.es/5050108411919825

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)