SM OU NFE Climb!

Hi there! My name is Korken and I love to do pokemon challenges (have done Gen locked Climbs and stuff) and today I'll bring this team with non evolved pokemon to try to push as far as I can on the OU ladder.

First member of the team is Lairon:

Lairon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Heavy Slam​

This is my usual lead, my rocker and definetly a good mon overall with such a cool set. There are many games where I'm able to set up rocks and take 1-2 mons depending on my opponent's greed. Metal Burst-Sturdy is busted and when you pair it with the Custap Berry becomes a real threat to any pokemon. Relaxed nature is to underspeed Gastrodon (not seen much but enough to be important) and Metal Burst him down.

Next member of the squad will be one of my choicers: Torracat.

Torracat @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp​

Banded Flare Blitz is actually a really strong move and Torracat has an incredible Speed tier for a NFE pokemon. U-turn gives momentum and Will-O can be a usefull tech to help the set up of other mons on the team. Still debating between intimidate and Blaze.

My other choicer is Servine:

Servine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare​

Not much to say here actually because it's almost the same as having a low cost serperior :P. Leaf Storm contrary plus scarf gives Serv the ability to sweep through and Glare helps with some though high speed tier mons. It's actually really good to pair it up with other low based damage mons because you find many opportunities to get a free LS and get the +2 forcing plays on your opponent.

My fourth member is Marshtomp.

Marshtomp @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Yawn​

Similar to what Servine is to Serperior, Marshtomp acts like a little Swampert (not mega) as a defensive physicall wall with some techs added. No rocks but a good attack to punish Tapu Bulu it it decides to set up and Yawm opens the door for any of the sweepers on the team or forces at least some switches.

Next is one of my favourite non-evolved pokemon: Duosion

Duosion @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]​

Trick room 3 attacks is my choice on this menace. Full power mon paired up with a Life orb and 125 SpA. Sadly it doesn't get Focus Blast so you need to cheap a bit things like Ttar or Heatran in order to be able to face em. Having speed control as a mid tier speed team is actually great.]

Last but not least: Pikachu.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot​

My choose of this set is because you can deal with low speed tier mons as well as having some way to play against scarf lando or Garchomp when they switch in. Light Ball makes Pikachu a really pokemon that should not be understimated

This is my choice for a NFE team, it may vary a bit but I think I'm sticking with the plan. The account's name is Eviolite67 and my goal is to push for 1600s or at least mid 1500s. Hope you guys liked it! Here is the paste for anyone who wants it: https://pokepast.es/1aa0384e0187485b

Bye guys!

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi there! My name is Korken and I love to do pokemon challenges (have done Gen locked Climbs and stuff) and today I'll bring this team with non evolved pokemon to try to push as far as I can on the OU ladder.

First member of the team is Lairon:
View attachment 180483
Lairon @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Heavy Slam​

This is my usual lead, my rocker and definetly a good mon overall with such a cool set. There are many games where I'm able to set up rocks and take 1-2 mons depending on my opponent's greed. Metal Burst-Sturdy is busted and when you pair it with the Custap Berry becomes a real threat to any pokemon. Relaxed nature is to underspeed Gastrodon (not seen much but enough to be important) and Metal Burst him down.

Next member of the squad will be one of my choicers: Torracat.
View attachment 180484
Torracat @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp​

Banded Flare Blitz is actually a really strong move and Torracat has an incredible Speed tier for a NFE pokemon. U-turn gives momentum and Will-O can be a usefull tech to help the set up of other mons on the team. Still debating between intimidate and Blaze.

My other choicer is Servine:
View attachment 180485
Servine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare​

Not much to say here actually because it's almost the same as having a low cost serperior :P. Leaf Storm contrary plus scarf gives Serv the ability to sweep through and Glare helps with some though high speed tier mons. It's actually really good to pair it up with other low based damage mons because you find many opportunities to get a free LS and get the +2 forcing plays on your opponent.

My fourth member is Marshtomp.
View attachment 180486
Marshtomp @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Yawn​

Similar to what Servine is to Serperior, Marshtomp acts like a little Swampert (not mega) as a defensive physicall wall with some techs added. No rocks but a good attack to punish Tapu Bulu it it decides to set up and Yawm opens the door for any of the sweepers on the team or forces at least some switches.

Next is one of my favourite non-evolved pokemon: Duosion
View attachment 180487
Duosion @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]​

Trick room 3 attacks is my choice on this menace. Full power mon paired up with a Life orb and 125 SpA. Sadly it doesn't get Focus Blast so you need to cheap a bit things like Ttar or Heatran in order to be able to face em. Having speed control as a mid tier speed team is actually great.]

Last but not least: Pikachu.
View attachment 180488
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot​

My choose of this set is because you can deal with low speed tier mons as well as having some way to play against scarf lando or Garchomp when they switch in. Light Ball makes Pikachu a really pokemon that should not be understimated

This is my choice for a NFE team, it may vary a bit but I think I'm sticking with the plan. The account's name is Eviolite67 and my goal is to push for 1600s or at least mid 1500s. Hope you guys liked it! Here is the paste for anyone who wants it: https://pokepast.es/1aa0384e0187485b

Bye guys!
Chansey should be somewhere in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)