SM OU NFE Challenge attempt

Hey hey! Saigo Here on me alternate account (since I forgot me password), and I've got an equally stupid but fun challenge I decided to embark upon over the last weekend: The NFE challenge. I decided to be a bit looser with the rules of this challenge: any Not Fully Evolved pokemon are OK: not just mons that are strictly classified as NFE. So LC, Chansey, and other mons like Doublade and Magneton are all OK! I kind of have to do this since this challenge is (unsurprisingly) rediculously hard. Using freakin tailwind Hyper Offense in OU was MUCH easier than going with teenagers in OU. Anyway, here is the team:

Eelektrik @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Coil/Iron Tail
Ok so the first NFE mon I got in store for y'all is Eelektrik. He is a very good mon (in terms of the NFE challenge) with midcore bulk boosted by the evolite, combined with an Electric typing and Levitate gives this mon a lot of Bulk. Combine this with a slow U-turn, he can bring in many other NFE mons safely. His excellent movepool with coverage moves such as Aqua Tail, Iron Tail, Knock off, U-Turn, and Wild Charge Lets Eelektrik hit many mons hard, or with neutral damage. He has many problems, firstmost being slow and susceptible to knockoff, as well as having a lack of recovery holds this mon's survivability back (though this is the case with most NFE walls), requiring wish support from its fellow NFE's. Coil allows Eelektrik to apply pressure to stall mons, and sometimes gives the nudge to KO, though the coverage with Iron Tail against fairies helps a ton in some matchups.

Frogadier @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump/Toxic Spikes
Ok so next up is possibly one of the best mons on this team, Frogadier. He functions exactly as greninja, as a fast cleaner and pressure tool. Protean Ice beam allows Frogadier to KO Lando-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor. Gunk shot does a ton of damage to fairies such as clefable, and the Tapus (Bar Lele). Toxic spikes can be used as a pressure tool just like how Greninja uses spikes, though Hydro Pump can be used to do alot of damage to mons like Heatran, or the Zards. Frogadier is a fast turner, being an excellent lead to any NFE team.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
Alrighty next up is chansey. She is the Core mon of this team, being the only real Wish passer that is NFE and actually functions as one. Being a wish passer however, hinders Chansey's potential recovery due to not being able to spam softboiled. Very straightfoward mon, many people forfeit at the sight of this thing, and she is the NFE equivalent of an utter tank.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
Incoming, the steel trapper. While Magneton isn't as good as his father, Magnezone, when it comes to instantly smiting steel-types, Magneton can still wall, trap and TKO the likes of Ferrothorn, Double dance varients of Mage, and Celesteela. He is pretty much an obvious pick, and steel removal is CRUCIAL to the survivability of the NFE team, because they basically wall the rest of the team. Unfortunately, using Magneton instead of Magnezone means that this team has no real way to at least hold back Excadrill, who can run through this team easily, and Mages with Focus Blast, who can also run through this team easily.

Togetic @ Fairium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
Ok, so here is our knockoff sponge, Togetic. Serene Grace Tri-Attack actually functions as a (Decently) reliable way of applying status to the opposing pokemon, with Freeze obviously being the most beneficial, but all 3 status conditions benefiting the team in some way. This thing can reliably tank HJK from the likes of M-Lop, M-Medi and Seed Lucha and can Safely KO M-Lop and M-Medi with Z Dazzling Gleam, and Lucha varients using Grass seed or Electric seed. Togetic also has great bulk combined with Roost, making it a long-lasting mon.

Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Head Smash
Finally, Zweilous. He hits like a truck, can easily KO many mons in the tier, with Hustle and Choice Band effectively stacking to give this mon's allready decent 85 attack a x2 boost to 165 Base attack. Add that with Dark stab and this thing can punch a hole into any wall it pleases. There is many problems with this mon though. It is balls slow, with only 55 base speed, it gets killed really easily, not even being revenge killed just straight up outsped and killed. However, this mon can do what most other mons on this team can't: Punch a huge hole in the opponents team.

So there are many other NFE mons that I have explored upon and tested, but in my opinion these where the best mons that work togeather (mabe Zweilous could go though). I want to know the community's suggestions in making an NFE team that could, ladder in gen 7 OU!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)