Project Next Best Thing

Week 10 - Favorite set for Tera Stellar? (pick 1 or 2)

• Mew (Diamonds_realm)

• Flygon (Heatranator)

• Gallade (hammer798)

• Krookodile (PowerOfMemes)

• Raichu-Alola (Shengineer)

• Infernape (LessThanThreeMan)

• Feraligatr (be13costa)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright after crunching the numbers your winner for week 8 of Next Best Thing is

PowerOfMemes Choice specs Vaporeon
:ss/vaporeon:
Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flip Turn
- Shadow Ball

Congratulations to them and stay tuned to see whos up next
(also feel free to give feedback on the voting system, what you liked, disliked, would change or tell me the idea was terrible and don't ever host nbt again)

hireskeys.png

The featured Pokemon for this week is Klefki! Klefki has been a staple supportive pick on many teams for its incredible defensive typing, ability to consistently get Spikes up, and stop opposing attackers with moves like Thunder Wave and Foul Play. On occasion, Klefki can become a threat of its own through stat boosting moves Iron Defense and Calm Mind. While most of Klefki's sets fall into these two camps, we will explore other interesting techs this week that we might not commonly see. It's ok if your Klefki is somewhat standard, but show us something really interesting that the keys can do!

Submissions close Monday Evening
Voting ends Thursday Evening
Standard Utility: Spikes + 2 Attacks + Twave/Toxic Orb Trick
Standard 'Demon' Set: Iron Defense + Calm Mind + Draining Kiss + Stored Power

Last edited:
CM Steel Beam Klefki
:sv/klefki:
Klefki @ Custap Berry
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel/Water/Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
This set of klefki aims to be a bulky sweeper that can also provide support to its team through spikes. Normally, klefki hits like a wet noodle, which is alright as its main job is to get up hazards, annoy things and check some threats. This set reverses that on its head and can use this to get a calm mind off to start doing serious damage. With steel beam's high bp, it means even resists are going to be taking big damage. Dazzling gleam is stab that doesn't ko yourself, but the main thing is custap berry. With this, klefki can get off one final attack, potentially ko'ing something it otherwise wouldn't be able to. The tera type is customisable. Tera steel boosts the power of steel beam to absurd heights, tera water gives you a good general typing to work with that resists fire and tera flying resists both ground and fighting type moves, which means it can get another cm off.

Some calcs:
+1 252+ SpA Klefki Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 163-192 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Klefki Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk-Alola: 195-231 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Klefki Steel Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 183-216 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Okay, but why is this actually good :eeveehide:

Trick Room Pivot

:ss/klefki:
Klefki @ Eject Button
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam
- Steel Beam

The idea of this Klefki is to set up Trick Room with another Pokemon and safely switch into your Trick Room Sweeper with Eject Button on Klefki. Later in the game, it can use Trick Room itself, and to ensure it isn’t passive it carries Steel Beam to help pivot. (Also, it kind of does damage at 150 Base Power.) Magnet Rise helps check Flygon and Krookodile which my team is fairly weak into defensively. Dazzling Gleam is STAB, but I ran into a lot of Goodra while laddering with my teams, making me think Play Rough could be decent (but I doubt it). Tera Water helps clutch versus Fire-types like Infernape (check game in spoiler) and Chandelure. Overall, this is quite a decent Trick Room Pokemon thanks to its amazing resistances and ability to not be passive like other setters.

https://pokepast.es/8f4eb91870c3b082
1st Iteration (Ice Spam + Specs Claw)

https://pokepast.es/27428cc9f83506b7
2nd Iteration (Ice Spam + CB Rajah)

https://pokepast.es/1fb386965b10e561
3rd Iteration (Ass, Don’t Use)

https://pokepast.es/80616c9fb8dd7fb2
4th Iteration (Ice Spam + Bascu)

https://pokepast.es/f18378545fc1abba
<<<<Workshop>>>> (Ice Spam + Galge)
[[[[Have Not Tested At All]]]]

https://pokepast.es/074fae945f60d9b8
Best Iteration (Ice Spam + Eject Eggy)

Note: Ice Spam is only real Trick Room Archetype to be honest; Catalisador hit the nail on the head with their Sample Submission. This was inspired by that.

Last edited:
Rain Dance

:sv/klefki:

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Tera Type: Water / Flying / Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave / Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play / Dazzling Gleam

Klefki is one of the best rain setters in nu (alongside tornadus/thundurus) with prankster, its resistances, hazard setting, and general utility. There is some move flexibility on the set here, but I chose spikes, thunder wave, and foul play as the last 3 moves on the set to better support the team. Klefki is no surprise as a rain setter but I wanted to support how good I think full rain teams can be right now! Weather is only ever as good as it's sweepers, and with mons like kingdra and basculegion in the tier rain can be a scary thing to face!

Team (you could probably replace ludicolo with something else to also help with the matchup into waters but I was having fun here!)

Replays: 1 2 3 4

Last edited:
reserving this cringe

Klefki @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD <~ (tbd tho)
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam
- Steel Beam
Doesn't this get ejected before if can click trick room? It raises priority by 1, but trick room goes from -7 to -6 if I'm not mistaken.

For the best reading experience, please put this on in the background

1716013737794.png

Senator Klefki (Klefki) @ Rocky Helmet (For ballet requirements, we'll call this Rocky Helmet Spam Klefki)
Tera Type: Poison/Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Endure
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Foul Play

The NBT madman was in some trouble this week, so he got help from his friendly local senator. Senator Klefki immediately began absorbing attacks from all the physical hitters, provoking some to ask "why wont you die!" "nanomachines son, they harden in response to physical trauma" as the attackers recoil in pain from hitting Senator Klefki's invincible body. Senator Klefki continued to rampage ladder, using its vast expenses to help ward off the special attackers that the nanomachines were ineffective against. Everything was going Senator Klefki's way until a being known as Raicario began interfering with his plans. The confrontation was inevitable and Senator Klefki saw potential use for Raicario skill to aid his goals, he tried convincing Raicario to join him, but Raicario refused. The battle raged on for hours, Raicario unable to harm Senator Klefki, and the Senator having trouble landing blows back, but it seemed clear that Senator Klefki would be able to outlast Raicario. But something unexpected happened, the battle was suddenly interrupted by Jetstream Gallade, who handed Raicario his sacred sword, which cut through Senator Klefki's nanomachines with ease. Before long Senator Klefki had fallen but his accomplishments would not be forgotten any time soon, this post a retelling of his lega- wait what's that? I'm mixing this story up with metal gear rising? And I barely got anything right? (I never played it, only know memes, had fun making whatever this was tho) Oh well, they probably got the point of set from that somehow.

Team: NBT Revengence (pokepast.es)

replays:
Klefki annoying a brute bonnet

Last edited:
Switcheroo Scarf Support

:sv/Klefki:
Klefki @ Choice Scarf :choice-scarf:
Tera Type: Water/Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Switcheroo
- Fairy Lock

At a first glance by your opponent, this is just a standard Spikes support Klefki, but something far more sinister lurks beneath the surface. One of the main ideas of this set is to combine Klefki with a setup trapper that uses Block/Mean Look, using Fairy Lock to force them to stay in when Klefki faints, and tricking a Choice Scarf to make them more exploitable. For example, an enemy locked into Earthquake (a move your opponents will often click vs Klefki) can be punished by something like Mean Look Muk-Alola holding an Air Balloon, allowing it to max out Attack and Defense using curse. Also, Klefki doesn't always mind being locked into a move, as you're often going to Spike-and-run when something scary switches in. With access to Prankster, Klefki can also be an emergency check to setup sweepers by locking them into a setup move or a single attack. Since we gain speed from Scarf anyway, I've added a few speed EVs to outpace and possibly get a surprise KO against Jolly Krookodile using Dazzling Gleam.

:klefki: Example Team :muk-alola:
I noticed that my opponents would often switch out while Choice Locked because I had multiple flying mons, so I ditched anything with a ground immunity to really entice them.
:klefki: Revised Team :Feraligatr:
Feraligatr proved to be a more consistent and lethal option, at least when the gimmick worked.

Last edited:
Resto Chesto Recycle
Klefki @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Recycle
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Dazzling Gleam

This week I got tired of being the NBT Madman's victim.

Klefki's typing makes it an excellent special wall, particularly against the likes of Noivern or Porygon-Z. But, unfortunately, it doesn't have reliable recovery. Right? Well. It does get Rest. It also is one of only three NU mons to have Recycle. This combination allows it to switch into strong special attacks, set up hazards, and then heal up to do it again. There's some argument for other Tera types, such as Dragon to better handle the sun matchup.

Replays:
Sitting on Duraludon and Umbreon vs Balance
Setting hazards and taking multiple hits vs Rain

The Team: Klefki and Friends

Last edited:
Submissions are closed and voting is open for Week 9. This time I'll be trying in Smogon's Built-in polls! Check the top of the page and pick up to two of your favorite sets like usual.

DO NOT RESPOND WITH VOTE

Last edited:
The votes are in for Week 9, and we've got a tie between Diamonds_realm and myself. To break this tie we consulted a neutral third party to choose the winner.

1716910156372.png

1716515877978.png
k

Well, that settles it. This week's winner is my very own...

Switcheroo Scarf Support Klefki
Klefki @ Choice Scarf :choice-scarf:
Tera Type: Water/Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Switcheroo
- Fairy Lock

This set has given me some of the most hilarious games of Pokemon I've ever played, some of the replays are truly incredible. My favorite might be when I beat the same guy twice with the same team. Even in games where the gimmick can't be pulled off, the ability to cripple opposing walls with a choice scarf and do normal Klefki things like setting spikes makes this a set to be feared. Fairy Lock has huge payoffs when used well, and even if you don't lock down a 'mon to set up on, it can secure your ability to revenge kill key threats.

FInally, we've been cooking up something special for Week 10... As compensation for his loss, I'll be passing off this week to Diamonds_realm again. We'll consider this to be the final week of 'Season 1' of the SV NU Next Best Thing, but we'll be back with more action before you know it. Thanks a bunch to every one of you who has been creating sets, and also those who just along for the ride and cast votes.

Last edited:
Well it looks like I'm back in the driver seat so soon already, well this weeks idea was something I talked with Shengineer about and it seems like a fitting season finale.

This week you will be allowed to choose any pokemon usable in NU you want (with a few bans implemented) BUT... THERE IS ONE MAJOR REQUIREMENT IN YOUR SETS.

For this week is:

STELLAR WEEK!!!

Thats right, your pokemon MUST make use of the STELLAR terastalization, however since of course replays are going to be harder to come by game for game as it does require you to tera your chosen pokemon, WE WILL PRIMARILLY BE REQUIRING CALCS in regards to your sets, 3-4 relevant calcs should be good, replays will not be a requirement this week but they are still nice if you can get something

and the bans for this week
NO CONTRARY (We don't wanna see 15 varieties of lurantis and malamar)
No former winning sets, it can be a past NBT mon, but not a winning set, even if most wouldn't do well this is simply a formality to ensure the same set doesn't win twice by just slapping stellar on it

Stellar has not been utilized in NU much since its release, so let's put it to the test and see who can make the best use of it in NU

Submissions will be closing Monday at around 6:00 pm, so get to cooking edit: kinda late sorry

Last edited:
Some may call me crazy for picking a mon with only one type for stellar week, and to that I say... YOU DARE DOUBT THE NBT MADMAN

:ss/mew:
Mew @ Power Herb
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Stellar
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Agility

So this is a set I borrowed from my good ol mixed legion HO team in fact I used the same team for this set: Mixed Legion HO stellar mew NBT

So what made me think mew can do it regardless of being single typed, because its movepool is just that insane, for those who don't know, tera stellar grants a 50% boost to moves the same type as the user but only once per type, and the same for types that are not the same as the user with only a 20% boost, meaning we gotta find good value in attacks that just barely miss the mark, so lets look at some calcs with this set

VS :muk-alola:
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk-Alola: 156-184 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
leads into
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk-Alola: 232-276 (56 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
securing the kill on A-muk if they try hard switching in on meteor beam after rocks

VS :slowbro:
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 259-306 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and lets assume if you min roll
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Earth Power vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
meaning slowbro will likely die if they let you do this

VS :incineroar:
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Incineroar: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
only a very small chance to OHKO from full because of tera stellar but it usually isn't too hard to get a little bit chip on it with another mon to help your odds

VS :tsareena:
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tsareena: 272-322 (95.4 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Very likely to OHKO offensive spreads

VS :kingdra:
+1 252+ SpA Tera Stellar Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kingdra: 280-330 (96.2 - 113.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Goodbye rain

maybe will sift through more if I get more free time on my hands

Last edited:
:sv/flygon:
Flygon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
God, this is a hard week. Also, any adapatability mon will not gain anything out of the stellar mechanic since its basically the same boost i.e. it does not stack. Checked the calcs, this is more just a warning.
Flygon is a mon that I haven't really had a great opinion of in NU (swampert, rhyperior and krookodile all feel like better grounds) and part of that reason is that it feels very offensively lacking compared to them besides swampert, who provides a ton of utility and defenses in return. This is simply because despite the fact it can tera into one of its base typings to increase its damage, it only really needs the boost once and sometimes lacks it on the move it wants to click. Tera stellar fixes this, with that one time boost being crucial in order to sweep an opposing team.
Calcs:
Normally, slowbro can take two +1 flygon hits, but with tera stellar it can no longer switch in.
+1 252+ Atk Tera Stellar Flygon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 153-180 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
With tera stellar, flygon has a chance to OHKO AV reuniclus.
+1 252+ Atk Tera Stellar Flygon Scale Shot (4 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Reuniclus: 384-456 (90.5 - 107.5%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
Flygon can also 2hit ko lefties reuniclus which could otherwise be a pain.
+1 252+ Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 195-229 (45.9 - 54%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Tera Stellar Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 260-306 (61.3 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Normally, flygon does have a small chance to not OHKO utility noivern with stone edge. Tera stellar means it is a guarenteed OHKO (this is if you don't want to be revenge killed by priority though, scale shot usually is better)
+1 252+ Atk Tera Stellar Flygon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 432-508 (115.5 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Flygon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 360-424 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
What if you just... got all those KO's you normally just miss?

Gallade @ Life Orb
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

Without our Lord and Savior Tera Stellar:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 291-346 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With Glorious Tera Stellar:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Tera Stellar Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 390-463 (98.9 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Sad, Teraless Gallade:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Muk-Alola: 352-415 (85 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Happy, Tera Stellar Gallade:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Tera Stellar Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Muk-Alola: 471-554 (113.7 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Weak, Limp Noodle Gallade:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Diancie: 263-309 (86.5 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Powerful, Roided Up Gallade:
252 Atk Life Orb Sharpness Tera Stellar Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Diancie: 315-372 (103.6 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Go forth and destroy your enemies slightly more effectively!

Last edited:
:ss/krookodile:
Krookodile @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Hone Claws

Hone Claws works well with Gunk Shot, allowing it to land without worry after one use. Lum Berry helps versus Talonflame and Vileplume, so you can attack freely. And, here, Tera Stellar gifts Krookodile a simple way to break through a fatter Pokemon it otherwise would lose to, letting it more easily sweep.

Florges Beat by Tera Krook

252 Atk Krookodile Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 224-264 (62.2 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery [87% HP]

Post-Tera:

252 Atk Tera Stellar Krookodile Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 268-316 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO [87% HP]

Yes, I realize I got this crazy roll, but I deserved it because I used Tera Stellar Krook.

Krook Clean after Chandy Wallbreaks Pert

Tera Krook Overwhelming Slowbro
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 100-118 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- 4.5% chance to 3HKO

Post-Tera:

252 Atk Tera Stellar Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 272-324 (69 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Stellar Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Poison Slowbro: 134-158 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

TL;DR, Slowbro could have survived Knock Off + Earthquake without Krookodile’s Tera Stellar boost.

Last edited:
Screw it, let's cook with electric terrain. Alolan Raichu in terrain outspeeds basically anything (including weather sweepers!) and appreciates the boost from Tera Stellar to secure important KOs! With just a little boost in power this blindingly fast rodent becomes quite threatening...

The Stellar Surfer
:sv/raichu-alola:
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch / Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Here's some mons that Raichu would otherwise be unable to OHKO:
:Krookodile: 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Raichu-Alola Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Krookodile: 322-380 (97.2 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
:Scovillain: 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Raichu-Alola Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scovillain: 286-338 (105.5 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Lycanroc-Dusk: 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Raichu-Alola Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lycanroc-Dusk in Electric Terrain: 322-382 (110.6 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (tbolt would kill anyway but w/e)
:Copperajah: 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Raichu-Alola Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Copperajah in Electric Terrain: 442-523 (98.6 - 116.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (nice "special wall" lmao)
:slowbro: 252+ SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Raichu-Alola Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Tera Poison Slowbro in Electric Terrain: 393-463 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (neither tera nor a spdef boost can withstand your Electro Ball!)

:oricorio-sensu: Sample Team :pincurchin:

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Ape | Mixed Infernape
infernape.png

xXxGOKUxXx (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz / Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Mach Punch / Stone Edge

Stellar tera (outside of contrary mons) its most useful for mons who leverage their wide array of coverage moves, and infernape is no slouch on the coverage options! Early in March of this year I made a mixed nape set that was a very unique breaking option (set in hide tags below for reference). It had a mix of special and physical investment which it needed to grab certain KOs (particularly with grass knot). That way you didn't have to commit your tera to ohko swampert for example. Stellar tera gives its coverage moves (which it really only needs to click 1-2 times anyways) a much needed boost to get through some of its "checks" while still giving your stabs a powerful boost! Having 2 120 base stabs is really nice and with stellar you get the 1 time boost on each of them! Since I no longer needed special attack investment I went with a physically offensive mix nape spread for greater overall damage while still getting the KOs it needs with grass knot! The last slot on this set is very customizable. Mach punch with iron fist is nice priority that you really can never have enough of in this meta. Stone edge is probably the best coverage option, nailing talonflame and noivern on the switch (and also the fire/ghost types). I didn't include this on the set but knock off is also an option in the last slot to help you get through some of the psychic types (mostly reuniclus) and of course to remove items. Expert belt is an option too but I like the power of life orb.

Mixnape Squad

Mixnape breaks fat (pretend turn 2 miss didn't matter!)

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge

Original Post Link (Should have been in underrated sets originally but ya know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Slowbro 2HKO
- 4 SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 229-268 (58.1 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
- 4 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Swampert OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Swampert: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HP Dragalge 2HKO with Rocks (doesn't need rocks for 0 HP)
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 160-188 (47.9 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 160-188 (47.9 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Amuk OHKO after Rocks
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Muk-Alola: 367-434 (88.6 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

HP Noivern Good Chance to OHKO (0 HP is 100%)
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 354-416 (94.9 - 111.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 354-416 (113.8 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rhyperior OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 476-565 (109.6 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HP Ninetails OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 369-437 (105.7 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Good Chance to OHKO Mew after Rocks
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 294-346 (86.2 - 101.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Vape 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Stellar Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 286-338 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 214-253 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
The correct Alligator/Crocodile.

Stellar sucks, no way around it. The fact that is weaker than a regular tera buff its bad. But the theory is that would be good on mons with lots of coverage.

Let me unleash the ultimate mon that can use that.

1716751751344.png

DD 3 atks gator

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch

Tera Stellar works on it

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tera Stellar Feraligatr Crunch vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 309-364 (78.8 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tera Stellar Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 346-408 (97.7 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

and that's actually big because both would survive with 1 boost and without the correct tera specially on plume because you don't run tera ice anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)