SM UU Newbie in deckbuilding that needs your help

Hello, thanks for reading my thread, I began in strategy like a week ago and I'm still learning. So here I ask for your help to improve my first Team in UU :

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed

Lucario is one of the main offensive Pokemon. He is fast and has a great attack so he can kicks the ass of the opponent's bulky pokemon. He also can hit the Dragon type. He can easily sweep with his great attack with the life orb and his good speed. Immunity against Poison attacks that is a threat for 2 Pokemons.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

The team needs a Electric/Ground immunity so Gliscor is a great Pokemon for it. He can put the Stealth Rock and he is really bulky. Also, he has a great synergy with Muk Alola because he has a resistance for combat and immunity with ground.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Immunity with Psychic Pokemon and has a resistance against Poison Pokemon. He is a strong pokemon with good attack and defense.

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

A well-known Pokemon in UU. I added a Normalium-Z to kill the Pokemons that wall him.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

An extremely agressive Pokemon. He can kill in many ways and sweep an entire team by himself.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Another win condition. Pretty bad speed but a really offensive Pokemon.

So basically it's an extremely offensive team, tell what you would do to improve it. Thanks again !

The team looks pretty good! However, one thing you should know about using the Shark is that#AdamantSharkBestShark
And I'd rather use Scald over HP Electric on Prima to have an accurate Water move or HP Fire for Scizor

Yo, your team seems pretty cool but you'll need some changes in order to face the meta easily so here's the changes i'd make (i didn't change any pokemon into another tho) : https://pokepast.es/408253a3ca254a21

- First Justified on Lucario, inner focus isnt usefull considering Ambipom is to drop in usage, justified will allow you to SI into. Steelium Z with meteor mash will help you to deal with Azumarill which tend to destroy your team but you'll still be able to hit Gliscor and you won't have troubles swithching into some Knockoffs and get an atk boost.

- Then i'd use that spread on Gliscor, yours is way too passiv, your team gots destroy by any Nidoking which will be a huge matter if you face one, this spread allows you to outspeed it but also outspeed Entei band which is also a huge threat. You'll still have a good bulk and you should have more change to take an HPIce from Manectric.

- Onto Muk, you need HP to take things like Scizor or such but also you won't lose that much bulk as you can see :
+1 252 SpA Latias Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 283-334 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Latias Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 237-280 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I don't get your speed invest, outspeeding Alomomola ? Primarina ? Imo that isn't worth a shot wondidering you'll struggle to kill Alomomola and almost all Primarina run speed to kill Azumarill.

- Seeing your team archetype, you need something to defog hence why i'd put it on Serperior. Muk is pretty weak to hazards (as you can see on the calcs above, Latias hits pretty hard if it CM on the switch) so is Sharpedo considering its poor bulk and the amount of CB Scizors running around (it does almost 40% on the mega and 50%+ on the normal form if you're trying to stack speed on it). Sub will help you dealing with Scizors or such and threaten the ennemy team while you can weaken it in order to let Sharp clean. I get that Sharpedo needs hazards to clean properly and Defog is a two edged sword but it's required imo.

- As said above Sharpedo needs Ada to clean (for exemple Jolly can't Ohko Hydreigon after rocks damage while Ada can) but you also need Psychic fangs to kill things like Azumarill or primarina.

- Last one, Primarina needs speed for Azumarill, it's way too threatening to let it kill you. HpFire isnt usefull as Scizor won't switch into an Hpump nor Sparkling Aria. Sparkling Aria will help to kill mons that are behind a sub, specially Chandelure or Gliscor.

Hope this helps !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)