NBA Season 2009-2010

and the Magic won last year because Williams stunk AND they went absolutely insane from the 3 point line - I'm still convinced that the Magic winning was a fluke
Shooting open 3's is a fluke. This just in. Defense was completely not a factor.

Kevin Durant fucking won that game yeahhhhhhhhh. And Durant and Westbrook became the youngest people to put up 25 points together as teammates for like the THIRD TIME IN ONE YEAR. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

OKC will be dangerous in the playoffs. I'd hate to face them no matter what top seeded team you may be. Lakers, Mavs, and definitely not Utah want any of that.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah, OKC will be scary for whatever team they play. I'd rather see the Jazz play the Spurs in the first round. Despite their recent run and veteran leadership, the Jazz have fewer problems with the Spurs. If anything else, it would be a fun matchup to see since the basic core of both teams is similar to the way they were in the conference finals in '07.

As for the no call on KD, that was pretty obvious. But this stuff happens all the time. OKC got the call they wanted when they were at home in December. That's just the way things go sometimes.

NEW YORK -- The NBA announced Wednesday officials missed a foul in the final seconds of Utah's overtime victory over Oklahoma City the previous night.

Playoff pairings
The 2010 NBA playoff picture is taking shape. Check out the up-to-the-minute matchups here:

"On the final play of last night's Oklahoma City-Utah game, the officials missed a foul committed by the Jazz's C.J. Miles on the Thunder's Kevin Durant during a 3-point shot attempt," NBA president of league and basketball operations Joel Litvin said in a statement.

No, not so much. I do not know what you can do about it - OH WAIT INSTANT REVIEW.

After that big win last night vs. the Cavs, looks like Chicago's gonna make it to the playoffs. Bosh and "the Michael Jordan of Turkey" is probably gonna be out for the season but it doesn't matter because they both suck. But who knows? Both teams are desperate to enter the playoffs, anything could happen. I want to see the Cavs lose again!

Im hoping the Hawks can grab the 3 seed because I really dont see them standing up to the Cavs. I think Boston has a better chance of beating them 4 times.

Bosh sucks? He has been a top ten player this year!
Not really, I don't know if it's just me, yeah he works hard but I don’t feel his intensity, like after he does a nice dunk (which, to me, he doesn’t have many of) he tries to amp himself up, which apparently looks like he is trying to turn super saiyan 3. I don’t know, I just don’t see him as a leader or a max out player.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not really, I don't know if it's just me, yeah he works hard but I don’t feel his intensity, like after he does a nice dunk (which, to me, he doesn’t have many of) he tries to amp himself up, which apparently looks like he is trying to turn super saiyan 3. I don’t know, I just don’t see him as a leader or a max out player.
I'm with CK, just because of how he acts after a dunk does not make him anything less then a top 10 player in this league. If you want to drop a players worth cause they carry on, I guess that LeBron isn't the best player in the league or anything cause he's danced during a game or probably amps himself up more then any other star in the league. Poor, poor logic...

god yes the trainwreck is amazing. Keep in mind this is probably a future hall of famer we are talking about; despite the playoff futility, basketball reference has him rated as a 97% probability http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html (everyone above him who is not an active player is in, and up to 8 more below him before Webber is not in). He is only 31 and everything is this awful!

Dirk Nowitzki went 11-24 FG, 1-2 threes, and 17-17 FT for 40 points in a 6 point win. Now whether he should have had that many, I do not know, I did not watch the game...but who the fuck goes 17-17 in any game?! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

god yes the trainwreck is amazing. Keep in mind this is probably a future hall of famer we are talking about; despite the playoff futility, basketball reference has him rated as a 97% probability http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html (everyone above him who is not an active player is in, and up to 8 more below him before Webber is not in). He is only 31 and everything is this awful!

Dirk Nowitzki went 11-24 FG, 1-2 threes, and 17-17 FT for 40 points in a 6 point win. Now whether he should have had that many, I do not know, I did not watch the game...but who the fuck goes 17-17 in any game?! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
You know, I dont know if his age is really that much of a factor. I was reading something interesting in last months ESPN mag (ill try to find the article online), and it talked about how all the players from the High School Era are starting to fizz out at an early age rather than being in their prime when they hit their 30's. Guys like Tyson Chandler, Garnett, Mcgrady, and others are breaking down in their early 30's. Basically the point being made is that maybe every player has the same odometer, even if they entered the league at 17-18. Even Kobe has begun to break down and he might not have 5 more good years like everybody thinks he could

I could have absolutely sworn I responded to this already...

Kobe and Garnett have a lot more on their pedometers than any average players, especially Kobe. Kobe set the most ridiculously relentless pace for himself these last two years, in a way that could have certainly cost him 2-3 years off the future of his career. Was it worth it? Well, with two finals trips, one win, and a gold medal, I guess so! Kobe also has always picked up tons of fouls, so he obviously plays a very physical game (top free throw maker several seasons in a row before the last three seasons he relented). I do not know a lot of the high school players, but surely some of those players have managed to go into their mid-30s without breaking down too.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
kevin durant and lebron james are going to be the match up of this decade; the kobe and lebron era is diminishing slowly. i never expected kevin durant to be this good, i thought he would be comparable to a weaker version of carmelo anthony, but damn this guy is excellent. kevin durant to win the scoring title this year.

Durant versus LeBron for the scoring title will be exciting if LeBron can catch up a little. Him sitting out let Durant take a pretty big lead, but nothing that cannot be diminished with a 50 point game. They both finish the season on the 14th! OKC is one of the two espn games too :)

I find it funny that the Thunder were only scheduled for a handful of nationally televised games this year. Something tells me that won't be the case next season (or the next decade for that matter).

I find it funny that the Thunder were only scheduled for a handful of nationally televised games this year. Something tells me that won't be the case next season (or the next decade for that matter).
Well they only won like 20 something games last year...

Yes that's the point. No one saw this great season coming.
What he means is you sounded like you were surprised almost like saying what is wrong with the NBA.... They cant predict when a turn around like this is gonna happen, and especially when they are a small market like Oklahoma City they wont be getting many games on TV after a 20 win season

This is not really a "turnaround", but more like a young team meshing together and one player becoming an absolute monster superstar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)