Nazi Zombies

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Discuss ALL (I literally mean EVERYTHING) things Nazi Zombies here. From Nacht der Untoten to Moon, and all things in-between. What's your favorite gun?? Favorite map?? Favorite perk?? Just a couple ideas to help get the conversation going.

My favorite gun is the Mustang and Sally. This thing is just made to destroy the undead if you're able to hold onto your pistol long enough. My favorite map is probably Ascention (the one with the rocket) because of the Gersh devices. My favorite perk is probably Mule Kick (seriously, who doesn't enjoy having a third weapon??).

I got #1 on Five in Black Ops with a single friend but as soon as we lost my Score was deleted and his Rounds Lasted was deleted. The other ones were respectively deleted a few days afterwards. When they realized all the DLC only Nazi Zombies I got turned off because of how unbelievably whorish all Call of Duty and Modern Warfare marketing is and practically boycotted those. Quick summary

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I watched my non-gamer Jewish friend playing Nazi Zombies once. I feel as if some great justice was done.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
oh man, I thought this thread was going to be about this

[youtube]ap4TiNIKQJ8[/youtube]

so what you're saying is a game stole this movie's idea

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Legit, I loved Nazi Zombies in World at War. Friend and I used to play it hours on end but the highest we've gotten was in the 20's. And then it all went downhill from there....

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I definitely remember in a DBZ arc Nazi Zombies were resurrected and Trunks and Goten had to fight Hitler. That's about it _-_

Legit, I loved Nazi Zombies in World at War. Friend and I used to play it hours on end but the highest we've gotten was in the 20's. And then it all went downhill from there....
Yea that was good stuff.

My friends and I would just hope to get ray guns and some machine guns from the box before waves 11-12 or something and head upstairs and corner ourselves by the grenade spawns. Would keep one person firing at all time and rotate out reloads and stuff. It was hard.

I enjoy Zombies quite a bit, but usually alone. The zombies just get way too strong way too quickly, which is only amplified by having more players, to make a holdout truly viable in the long run. Playing Solo and "training" zombies is the best method for success. Got all the WaW achievements Solo and all but Big Bang Theory on Moon by myself. Too bad Solo scores don't show up on leaderboards :(

Another thing is that I hate the Mystery Box. Way too unreliable, not worth the points to me. Then even if I get a good gun, there's the issue of ammo. I usually only use weapons that can be bought off walls because I like having reliable ammo. I only turn to the mystery box in much later rounds when I have excess points to kill and one of my weapons inevitably becomes obsolete against the stronger enemies.

Favorite Weapon? Dependent on map really.
  • World at War maps: Easily the Thompson. Readily available and a fantastic headshot weapon. Small clip is the only downside but made a non-issue by Speed Cola. I would say this is my overall favorite weapon if I had to pick one.
  • Kino der Toten: MP40. Reliable, relatively powerful gun. Not a good PaP weapon though, so usually abandoned on later waves.
  • Moon: Stakeout. Fantastic in low gravity due to slower zombies; also great PaP'd and thanks to Hacker the price of ammo isn't a concern. Admittedly loses its effectiveness in the mid-20s.
Favorite Perk? Juggernog of course. I find it really annoying that the game ends in 2 swipes otherwise, that barely even gives you a chance to escape if something sneaks up and hits you. Second would be Speed Cola, probably because my usual weapons benefit from it quite a bit.

Favorite Map? I'm going to say Moon. Getting Juggernog before Wave 1 is fantastic, plain and simple. I love Hacker for getting through doors super cheap, making PaP ammo affordable, and for allowing me to refund perks so I can buy some early that I won't want later. The low gravity environment slowing down the gameplay is pretty awesome too. This is the one map I actually enjoy playing with a group.

I don't care at all for Nacht der Untoten or Five. Already mentioned I dislike Nacht der Untoten because holding off just isn't fun to me as it eventually becomes hopeless; you need room to maneuver, which this map just doesn't offer. For Five, I just couldn't figure it out. The map was rather confusing, I never really worked out a path or strategy that worked well enough to last even to Wave 10, let alone figure out the layout of all the rooms and the defcon mechanic.

I haven't played Ascension, Call of the Dead, or Shangri-La.

I haven't played anything past Kino der Toten (I highly dislike Five), but Nazi Zombies is good fun regardless, especially when playing with friends. A friend and I like to think we are somewhat decent (highest wave is 33, not too amazing), and we usually set stupid challenges, like only using the PM63 or playing knife-only. Great addition to the game, better than Spec Ops if you ask me.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
All the perks and extra useless guns and huge maps really killed the sense of survival in that game mode.

Has anyone else got WaW on the pc? There are thousands of custom maps, most of them suck but a lot are actually really good and action packed. Especielly the zombie chicken taco ones.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
IMO, the trick to Nazi Zombies is being able to make crawlers (zombies with their legs blown off). Since the rounds always end as soon as the last zombie dies, it's nice to have the last zombie (or last few zombies) be really slow so you can do what you want (hit up the weapon chest, grab some perks, fix barriers, etc). For the longest time I was HORRIBLE at doing this, but then I finally perfected the grenade toss.

All the perks and extra useless guns and huge maps really killed the sense of survival in that game mode.
I'm inclined to agree. The biggest map I'll play and enjoy is Kino der Toten (which was designed for WaW anyway).

I haven't really played much of the snow one (I think Call of Dead), but it just seemed like they're trying to milk us for the DLC money. The maps just got too big.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
fuck man i love zombies so much, if anyones up for some blops kino action on xbox hit me up, havent played 4 man in a while (played 2 man this weekend though, playing it at 4 am in the beach when stoned is fucking awesome, specially getting to the later rounds and freaking out and shit)

anyone have good strategies they want to share? i have one that gets you comfortably to the mid 40s (more if you have the patience), we could share if anyone wanna

I got to 62 just running a circle around the stage then up to the spawn then through the mp40 room. Quit eventually cause it was just about 12 hours at that point.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm inclined to agree. The biggest map I'll play and enjoy is Kino der Toten (which was designed for WaW anyway).

I haven't really played much of the snow one (I think Call of Dead), but it just seemed like they're trying to milk us for the DLC money. The maps just got too big.
I haven't played all the maps in awhile, but on ascention, I have to disagree with you about this. Every 7 rounds or so, you have a monkey round, and if the monkeys touch the perk machines you lose the perks. Also, the perks are pretty expensive to get when you factor in all the doors that you need to buy in order to access them.

On a totally random note, I get SOOO unlucky with the random weapon chest. Of all the times I've played, I think I've only gotten the ray gun like once.

Another tip I'd like to offer is only go to pack a punch when you're out of ammunition. When you upgrade your gun, you always get full ammo. This is really useful in the higher rounds when "max ammo" is hard to come by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)