SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I want to tell you all a story about my favorite non-sensical pokemon encounter in the entire series.
this post is like a horror movie in the sense that i figured out the ending about halfway in and was Still thoroughly entertained to its very foreshadowed conclusion. kudos x a million.

as an epilogue, i just checked and they kept the times of day the same for both mons. these persians not only dwell in caves, they are also preferentially diurnal. absolutely iconic work by gamefreak.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The Slakoth line is one of the strangest lines of Pokemon created. We all talk about Slaking, how it has an abnormally high BST of 670 but has a crippling ability in Truant that forces it to only move every other turn, being a unique novelty/gimmick Pokemon in that regard, which Gen 3 had a few of (like Shedinja). But while Shedinja has IRL bases in cicada molting their shells, Slaking has another unusual trait that I always found interesting: the existence of Vigoroth as the middle form.

Slaking has the same ability as Slakoth and the same overall throughline lore of Slakoth of being a lazy, do-nothing Pokemon who just sits there and does nothing all day, being very low energy creatures. Hence their ability Truant. And they're based on sloths, which makes sense.

But the real unusuality that no one really talks about is what's between them, Vigoroth, who is an anomaly. It's the complete opposite, being extremely high energy and full of vigor, hence its name, and its signature ability is Vital Spirit, aka it can't sleep. Its lore is that it's so energetic that it must keep moving and rampaging and attacking at all times, and being unable to move is dangerous to it because then its energy will overwhelm it.

It's definitely odd how this thing exists the way it does and between Slakoth and Slaking. A low energy Pokemon who does nothing but sleep evolves into an extremely high energy Pokemon who can't stop moving, and then evolves again into something that is once again low energy, never moving much, only it now has much more power than before.

Vigoroth is definitely an odd beast that contributes to the weirdness of its line.
I always figured Slakoth saved up all that energy then Vigoroth used it all up again and we got Slaking.

and by the time Vigoroth is fully evolved, it realizes being hard work isn't worth and goes back to being lazy.
Who knew that a Pokemon could so accurately reflect my undergrad experience?

Whatever the reason, the result is the same.

In Pokemon Soulsilver, the player can find wild Persian in Cerulean Cave.
First and foremost, this is a work of art.

Second, I honestly find Cerulean Cave's myriad of encounters to be completely fascinating. It's absolutely boring in Yellow, but it's still so distinct from pretty much every other version of the cave that I can't help but be interested anyways. Sadly, LGPE opts to mostly derive from Yellow's encounter table so it's back to being a bit boring, but there is something of note here: Snorlax, as a rare spawn! Feels like a perfect fit thematically - a rare, powerful monster lurking within the depths of this treacherous cavern - though I'm not quite sure how it's feeding itself down here. Speaking of Yellow, Cerulean Cave is the only place in these games where you can find wild Lickitung, for some reason. Hope you weren't planning on using it in-game!

A mystery of its own: they even changed the layout from Red and Green to Blue, for some reason? The entire cave has had its layout changed, but I think the most drastic alterations are to B1F:

B1F, in Red and Green:
1708756915316.png

and B1F, in Red and Blue:
1708756937545.png

I made a small omission earlier, my bad. They changed it yet again in Yellow:
1708757142563.png

I'm just not sure why they'd bother going through the work to change this? And not just once, at that - they needed to do it a second time? I think I like RB's layout the most, but the differences are so minute - Mewtwo is just shifting from one side of the screen to the other. I really have nothing else to add, because the changes are so minor to the point of being irrelevant.

Attachments

Sadly, LGPE opts to mostly derive from Yellow's encounter table so it's back to being a bit boring, but there is something of note here: Snorlax, as a rare spawn! Feels like a perfect fit thematically - a rare, powerful monster lurking within the depths of this treacherous cavern - though I'm not quite sure how it's feeding itself down here.
Funnily enough, this is similar to (and possibly influenced by, as an in-joke) the original plans for Silph Co. - according to leaked prototype encounter tables, the top floor was supposed to be the postgame dungeon, with rare encounters for Snorlax and Mewtwo, before the latter was consigned to a one-of-a-kind Pokémon.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
So all the HM talk on a different thread got me thinking.

The order of HMs tends to vary very slightly between different games/regions, but not massively - Flash, Cut, and Rock Smash all come early, Strength and Surf are mid-game, and Waterfall/Rock Climb/Dive are always late-game. Makes sense given their respectively base powers. The only exceptions are where remakes cram in newer moves - Rock Smash is unlocked by the Marsh Badge in FRLG, for instance, which is typically obtained sixth.

Fly, though, is all over the place. In Kanto it's unlocked by the third badge, in GSC it's the fifth, in Hoenn it's the sixth, in Sinnoh it's the third/fourth, and in Kalos it's the fourth too. Playing GSC first, it was a surprise to me to play Red and to be told that beating Lt. Surge lets you use Fly - it's a fairly high-BP move so it seems like it should be a late-game HM. Also it fits being something unlocked later in the game: you can access fewer areas in the early-game, after all, so do you really need Fly early on?

Fly - early-game HM or late-game HM? Cast your votes.

So all the HM talk on a different thread got me thinking.

The order of HMs tends to vary very slightly between different games/regions, but not massively - Flash, Cut, and Rock Smash all come early, Strength and Surf are mid-game, and Waterfall/Rock Climb/Dive are always late-game. Makes sense given their respectively base powers. The only exceptions are where remakes cram in newer moves - Rock Smash is unlocked by the Marsh Badge in FRLG, for instance, which is typically obtained sixth.

Fly, though, is all over the place. In Kanto it's unlocked by the third badge, in GSC it's the fifth, in Hoenn it's the sixth, in Sinnoh it's the third/fourth, and in Kalos it's the fourth too. Playing GSC first, it was a surprise to me to play Red and to be told that beating Lt. Surge lets you use Fly - it's a fairly high-BP move so it seems like it should be a late-game HM. Also it fits being something unlocked later in the game: you can access fewer areas in the early-game, after all, so do you really need Fly early on?

I'd argue it's a midgame HM at a point where you have enough going on that you need to start (or are in a better position to do so) backtracking, and makes Hoenn the weird outlier since its so deep in and at a point where you probably wanted Fly around gym 4 instead
Johto is at gym 5 but also the whole mid game of that game is really scrunched and thematically putting it at Cianwood (an island you ha to cross a bunch of ocean for and then immediately turn around to take to Jasmine) makes sense. Fortree's route felt considerably deeper than it should have been which is probably why ORAS gives a few "hey want to come with me?" fast travel options and made Brawly mandatory on first visit.

Like even in Gen 1, you unlock the ability to use Fly at Surge, but you still have to treck through to Celadon (so assuming intended path you're going to travel the route east of Cerulean, go through Rock Tunnel, pitstop in Lavender, take the underground path and then into Celadon proper after which you explore to the route you have a little access to on the left) to get the move. so I wouldn't even call it a third gym badge as it is a 4th gym you just dont need the gym for it. And Celadon's also where a lot of power becomes open to you; Pokemon start evolving more, you get access to the evolution stones, vitamins, a handful of other powerful TMs, you get the ability to branch out to Saffron or Fuschia and the stuff you can get there....

I'd argue it's a midgame HM at a point where you have enough going on that you need to start (or are in a better position to do so) backtracking, and makes Hoenn the weird outlier since its so deep in and at a point where you probably wanted Fly around gym 4 instead
Johto is at gym 5 but also the whole mid game of that game is really scrunched and thematically putting it at Cianwood (an island you ha to cross a bunch of ocean for and then immediately turn around to take to Jasmine) makes sense. Fortree's route felt considerably deeper than it should have been which is probably why ORAS gives a few "hey want to come with me?" fast travel options and made Brawly mandatory on first visit.

Like even in Gen 1, you unlock the ability to use Fly at Surge, but you still have to treck through to Celadon (so assuming intended path you're going to travel the route east of Cerulean, go through Rock Tunnel, pitstop in Lavender, take the underground path and then into Celadon proper after which you explore to the route you have a little access to on the left) to get the move. so I wouldn't even call it a third gym badge as it is a 4th gym you just dont need the gym for it. And Celadon's also where a lot of power becomes open to you; Pokemon start evolving more, you get access to the evolution stones, vitamins, a handful of other powerful TMs, you get the ability to branch out to Saffron or Fuschia and the stuff you can get there....
I would guess Fly is later in Hoenn because the first half of the region is set up to have shortcuts back using Rock Smash and Surf so the total distance doesn't need to be that high. The space between gyms 5 and 6 is pretty high still, which is why I expect ORAS gave out the Eon Flute for fast travel pretty quickly after Surf.

QuentinQuonce

Yeah I think Chuck's wife literally says something to the effect of "you should use this to get back to Olivine in an instant"

In Hoenn it's just... kind of randomly placed. I guess maybe they just wanted the Flying gym to give you the Fly HM? You loop the loop all over the western side of Hoenn before going east but tbh it's arranged in such a way that the only time you'd really appreciate it is the trek from Lavaridge back to Petalburg (which, as you say, ORAS gives a fast-travel option for).

I literally just remembered that in Kanto you get it at a point where you could theoretically use it against Erika which helps a lot, so that possibly explains the positioning if not the badge it needs - why not just reverse the moves the Rainbowbadge and the Thunderbadge let you use. You can still use it in battle, after all. The same logic goes for Maylene... or it would if you could obtain Fly before beating her, which I don't believe you can.

I suppose Sinnoh is so vast that I can see the sense in getting it after the third badge, because Veilstone is already miles from Twinleaf Town (should you want to return there for any reason) - like I guess you've almost reached the furthest distance on the map by that point. Whereas if the third badge was in, say, Eterna instead maybe then there'd be a reason to leave it until later down the line.

I would guess Fly is later in Hoenn because the first half of the region is set up to have shortcuts back using Rock Smash and Surf so the total distance doesn't need to be that high. The space between gyms 5 and 6 is pretty high still, which is why I expect ORAS gave out the Eon Flute for fast travel pretty quickly after Surf.
You get the Eon Flute just before the eighth badge IIRC, not earlier. I've learned not to bother teaching anything Fly in ORAS and just going without it until I get the flute because it makes that move completely redundant.

as a final fantasy fan i always felt like fly should come after surf, even though most of the times it doesn't and of course pokémon doesn't use fly to give access to exclusive or even new places. still, third badge is WAY too early for fly. i guess kanto as mentioned isn't really third badge, and sinnoh does have unusual spacing and the third gym comes quite late for a third gym, but it feels better when it's after the fourth or fifth gym and you already had to overcome quite a few roadblocks.

A visual representation of the amount of region you have to go through to get fly in Sinnoh. The pink is there to account for the alternate route you could take in DP.

All in all it's a pretty fair spot to put it. Even in Platinum (where it's explicitly the 4th badge now), since that makes it easier to use the other Hearthome exit if you want to go to Pastoria that way.

Hoenn specifically...
Hoenn Map 3.png

(order is Blue-Yellow-Purple-White-Red-Black-Green)
So that's roughly the intended route to Fly. Which is a LOT of walking. Particularly the stretch from Wattson to Flannery. But what my little mockup obscures is that basically the entire post-Meteor Falls through surfing west of Mauville route is up to you. There's mandatory things to get to, but no clear route. My white and black options are just one choice, and the red is outright "Go here somehow".
I think the dev intent is pretty clear. You go around the west half of the island a lot in the early game, and figure out the 5 paths from the Mauville side to the Petalburg side. Then, post-Meteor Falls, it's left up to you to figure out how to navigate to Mt Chimney, back to Petalburg, and then back to Mauville. Mauville takes you to the east half of the island, which is brand new and completely linear until you hit Fly relatively early on, which is also when a lot of the west side multiple paths start opening up.
It teaches the player the map, then lets them explore as they pick up new HMs, then teaches a new map while letting the player skip backtracking at that point. In the midgame specifically, it gives the player a reason to revisit areas(you have to), and rewards them for doing so with items in those areas, while good map knowledge makes doing all of that much faster.

That said, you can argue whether that works or not. It's a cool concept, and the fact that Hoenn is a bunch of nested loops makes navigating it without fly relatively fast and breezy IMO, but there's no denying there's a LOT of mandatory overworld movement in the midgame.

Castersvarog

formerly Maronmario
Honestly I do believe Hoenns location for Fly is perfectly fine, as mentioned the first half of Hoenn is very open the further in the game you go, so despite the treak being far it’s never to unbearable. Especially because of the shortcuts you’d have access to as you play through the game, like the Rusturf tunnel or even back the same way you originally arrived. In turn, making Fly something you can go without for a while without worry.
Meanwhile in the latter half the loop is much, much larger, only having Mt.Pyre and the water routes as your two new paths you can take to return to older areas, which means Fly would be far more useful then as a nice QOL.

QuentinQuonce

The Gen III/IV games get some criticism for the amount of backtracking/convoluted navigation you need to do (which is most likely why Unova went so hard on straight routes and a linear story path) but I think Hoenn actually got it mostly right - it's not that complex in the main and for all the bitching people do their complaints tend to be more "ugh I have to go all that way?" rather than "help me, I genuinely have no idea where I'm meant to go next". It's in Sinnoh where the map design got really complicated: I remember my young cousin once asking me for help with Platinum because she was at Snowpoint City and genuinely had no idea where to go next.

Copypasting a post I made somewhere a couple of days ago.

A lot of completely wack stuff coming from me that I've built up throughout this past month. Here goes!

I believe Reshiram and Zekrom were responsible for Entralink's creation, as it's part of Unova and the region was created by them.

In addition, the manga showed a direct connection between the Light/Dark Stones and Dream World, including a moment where White (Hilda) got dragged into Dream World by being absorbed into the Light Stone. As we know the Light Stone and Dark Stones are just Reshiram and Zekrom's body shifted into a rock, this may suggest the two are entities of dreams.

Reshiram and Zekrom resemble human desires, aspirations, and wishes. They exist in attempt to help fulfill humanity's wishes even if it means great sacrifice to their well-being.

Based on Sword and Shield's dex entries, Kyurem is likely a byproduct, present to enforce either Reshiram's or Zekrom's philosophy to reign over the other and decide the world's fate. Reshiram and Zekrom are equal forces. Neither can overcome the other. With Kyurem however, one will overcome the other.

If I got you with this headcanon, I might lose you with this next one.

================================================================================================

Lockstin made a significant theory about a universal reset happening after the Alola games, leading us back to Kanto. This was primarily based on how Gamefreak utilized Alchemy references from Generation 6 and the build-up for Sun and Moon. Shockingly enough they actually did this with LGPE, and even had a unique diagram to show how LGPE's universe was created, in a way that heavily suggests Arceus had no direct connection with the creation of LGPE universes.

The video does not address what I'm about to say. I believe Pokémon used the 4 Ethers of Archeus as part of their way to build up a hard reset in the direction Pokémon's franchise would take from there.

From wikipedia:
"In alchemy, Archeus, or archaeus, is a term used generally to refer to the lowest and most dense aspect of the astral plane which presides over the growth and continuation of all living beings. The term was used by medieval Paracelsus and those after him, such as Jan Baptist van Helmont.[1]

To define it, the philosophers maintained that the Archeus was the segment of the closest quadrant of the higher worlds which blends with some similarity to the highest vibrations of our physical world. Essentially it was seen as the gray area wherein matter, speaking parallel and not laterally, begins to transmute into spiritual energies. In effect, it is the glue which binds the heavens to the material, and so allows the maxim as above, so below."

Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem could resemble the Reflective Ether, because the Reflective Ether is based on the reflections of human memory, imagination, desires, and perception, much like what the aforementioned suggests. Kyurem is thrown into this off all 3 originally being one whole entity.

Xerneas could resemble the Life Ether, as it creates life energy and distributes it to give life to its surroundings.

Yveltal could resemble the Chemical Ether. This is a long one to explain so hear me out.

Yveltal p1:
Both Xerneas and Yveltal are of equal influence and all living beings under the description of Ethers contain both the Chemical and Life Ether. The Chemical Ether consists of energies responsible for perpetuation of chemical actions in the world existing. This could generally mean evolution and Mega Evolution, and can be backed up by how Mega Evolution was formed through Pokemon Life energy being weaponized (like a chemical), then spread throughout the universe, only for chunks of it to radiate into stones, changing them into Mega Stones, like a chemical reaction.

Yveltal p2:
Something else that supports this is an explanation in Magearna and The Mechanical Marvel, explaining why the megas in that movie were going through so much pain. Under normal circumstances of Mega Evolution, when Mega Evolution is performed correctly, the Pokémon radiates in a blue aura and is able to hold itself together very well without seeming to be in pain. This blue aura is said to be Xerneas's power. When Mega Evolution is not performed correctly, typically through the lack of proper connection between trainer and Pokémon, the Pokémon radiates in a red aura and is left feeling intense amounts of pain. The movie said that red aura comes from Yveltal's energy, which makes sense as the games claim that both Xerneas and Yveltal's powers are what's responsible for the effects of Mega Evolution. Chemical effects tend to often cause pain, so perhaps this makes another connection.

Yveltal p3:
In alchemy, the aura of Life Ether is a streaming blue and white light. The aura of Chemical Ether is a red. This could directly tie in to Xerneas's aura being blue and Yveltal's being red. This could also reflect their Fairy Aura and Dark Aura abilities.

Zygarde would not necessarily tie into the 4 Ethers of Archeus. It is simply present to mediate the influence of Xerneas and Yveltal and act as the ultimate guard of Pokémon's realms. It exists to ensure life on Earth remains sustainable and balanced, with not too many creatures but also not so little to where ecosystems are completely destroyed.

Zygarde either strikes if people, Pokémon, objects, or any sort of substances are directly causing harm to ecosystems from within, as Yveltal can't really do anything without just doing more damage, and Xerneas's case ends in a repetitive loop, or it strikes when there is a force that is actively causing imbalance to the world's ecosystems to an extreme degree.

To elaborate on this, if Kyogre awakens and gains overwhelming amounts of power but then gets stopped before the damage it commits becomes too much for a population to be sustained, Zygarde will not do anything. Its job is not to prevent deaths. Heck, it enforces genocide to happen sometimes (hence, it ensuring Yveltal does its job) and likely for the same exact reasons Lysandre wanted genocide. The idea that overpopulation leads to chaos ongoing in the world, causing people to fight over and steal each other's limited resources, and creating brutal wars reminiscent of the ancient Kalos war. The anime even addressed Zygarde agreeing with Lysandre in some regard! Zygarde's job is simply to enforce order to end chaos and return the state of the ecosystems back to running as normal.

Ultra Beasts invade into many types of ecosystems on their own and directly obstruct their development, actively causing chaos within them, and are far too specific for Yveltal to be able to target without simply causing more destruction. Dealing with them is much more of a case specific to Zygarde.

I went off course here. I really like explaining Zygarde.

Solgaleo and Lunala could resemble the Light Ether, because they are both entities of light who mainly channel it in some way. Solgaleo creates endless amounts of light and emits it in mass amounts, oftentimes creating the light of day. Lunala eats up light and concentrates it within itself, creating a night sky and serving as the moon's light. It is also said that the Light Ether is used to bring objects from a plane outside the universe into the universe, which could reflect on how these two regularly open up Ultra Wormholes and themselves along as other things through them.

and lastly...

Necrozma could resemble Archeus and all 4 of its Ethers!

Reflective
- The light it reflects as a prism, the reflection of how human desire managed to destroy it, and the curse behind the aftermath of humanity's betrayal towards Necrozma living in the memories of all humans associated with Necrozma.

Life - The aura Necrozma was able to emit, showing the ability to revitalize environments surrounding it in the anime, and causing the Alola region in the games to overflow with life force. From Bulbapedia, according to Shigeru Ohmori, the name "Alola" is meant to incorporate a meaning of a land that overflows with life force and supports various forms of life. Specifically, the name may come from ola (Hawaiian for life) and the traditional Hawaiian word aloha, which, beyond its use as a greeting, also signifies a respect and love for the shared life force between all. In addition, the anime confirms Necrozma created the Alola region there, and the cames confirm Necrozma was indirectly responsible for shaping all of Alola's present traditions as well as their overall culture. Necrozma's aura was also responsible for allowing various Pokémon to grow bigger than normal. This is very similar to how the aura emitted from AZ's machine in XY caused AZ to grow very tall due to the overexposure of life force.

Chemical - The effect Necrozma's aura has on Z-Crystals and on other Pokémon, creating a chemical reaction that causes Z-Moves to happen, and otherwise just changing Pokémon into a state where they not only grow larger, but gain numerous stat boosts.

Light - Its main trait is absorbing and channeling light. This one is obvious.

This next part may be a coincidence in comparison, but Archeus looks similar to Arceus, the all-encompassing deity of Pokémon. This does not mean Arceus is the only god the series has, just the ultimate one in which everything in the series serves as a fragment of. I don't believe Arceus has a direct connection to the alchemic term, as Arceus's concept reaches far beyond just alchemy, but I believe Necrozma might have taken it instead.

Necrozma is worshipped as a god by mankind in alternate worlds and indirectly worshipped in Alola. It also has a signature Z-Move called Heaven-Scorching Light of Destruction in Japanese. Very coincidental as Heaven is seen as a higher realm in religion, and Archeus binds the heavens with the physical world. In other words, it binds the higher realms with lower realms.

Finally, it has also been plausibly theorized to have done the "universal reset" Lockstin theorized prior to SM's release and create LGPE universes.
NECROZMA Explains the Let's Go Pikachu Timeline! | Gnoggin | Pokemon. Of course Pokémon's canon is a multiverse consisting of infinite universes, so they weren't going to actually end ALL of Pokémon per say, but the fact this reference still stuck out for universes after all of this is quite mind-boggling to me.

Oh yeah completely unrelated to all of this but, the energy behind Z-Moves and what came from Necrozma was simply just the same raw Infinity Energy Xerneas and Yveltal generate and are in control of. All Pokémon share this energy and channel it in different ways, but Necrozma was able to do it in such a way that significantly alters the course of environments it's present under, to a degree higher than nearly every other species in the series. Too many similarities exist between Infinity Energy and what Necrozma channeled. Infinity Energy and the energy from Z-Moves both create wormholes that lead species or objects to alternate universes, they give life to the environments around them, alter life and nature in various ways, and require a proper connection between trainer and Pokémon in order to fully utilize. The only difference from a lore perspective is how they are used mechanically in battle. One is a form transformation, the other utilizes that energy into a Z-Move instead. X, Y, Z. I do not believe Dynamax and Terastallization are the exact same raw energy because neither require the bond between trainer and Pokémon, nor give life to environments surrounding them. They seem to be unique powers actively generated by the legendaries responsible for them, perhaps still through Infinity Energy, whereas Necrozma was never said to generate light or the aura it distributed.

Other coincidences that could tie into all of this would involve characters from exclusively Gens 5, 6, and 7 having some sort of big role within Gen 7's main stories, with Grimsley, Colress, Dexio, and Sina being the ones to play a part outside Alola characters, and then the Parfum Palace in Pokémon XY having statues of Reshiram and Zekrom out of sheer respect for their impact. All older gen characters who feature in Alola's postgame stories were direct travelers from alternate universes or Looker, who pretty much did that in ORAS anyway. All other older gen characters period were exclusively reserved for Alola's Battle Tree. Last I have for this is that AZ's name comes from the first and last letters of the English alphabet, but Gen 5 had a character named N, whose name is a letter in the middle of the alphabet.
He went off Omg

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
I’ve been thinking, and here’s all the things I’ve thought of-

:rotom: The Old Chateau-
A classic in Pokémon ghost stories, what happened in this haunted mansion? Here we even see ghosts, seemingly the late residents. We see a ghost girl and a butler. What happened to them? How did they die?

:abra: Gen 5 Ghost girl-
I’ve never played Gen 5, yet looking for the quote of the Station Sign, I came across this. Apparently, there’s another ghost girl in Gen 5. She talks about her Abra, too. What happened to her? What separated her from her family

:dusknoir: Anime Ghost girl-
In an episode in the anime, there’s a little ghost girl who tries to lead people to their doom so that they would go to the spirit world. Why? What happened to her that she would be so cruel?

:pumpkaboo: Shady House-
The Shady House in X and Y, a place of uselessness. A man here tells of a story of a horde of faceless men behind him after talking to a horrified man, but what is this? Why would they pull you over and introduce this?

:hawlucha: Ghost girl-
Who is this mysterious ghost in X and Y? She just all of a sudden comes upon you in the second floor of the Fighting Dojo, circles you, and says, “you’re not the one.” You’re not the one what? The person who killed her? Is she a ghost out for revenge? This all seems pretty dark so far

:skiddo: Station Sign-
The sign in Lumiose City’s subway. It’s quite mysterious, saying "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." What does this ominous message mean? Why is this person going for help? What is this “usual place”?

:haxorus: Ghost’s gift-
In SwSh, there’s a girl in Hammerlocke city who asks you to give something (I forget lol) to a man in Ballonlea. When you find the man, he’s an elder now, and he says that it’s from a girl he knew in his childhood who died of a sickness that she covered up. Why did the girl choose to give her gift then? Why did she cover her illness up?

:calyrex: Dynamax Calyrex-
One of the biggest mysterious of SwSh, the blue Calyrex. Instead of the typical red light, when Dynamaxing, Calyrex’ light is blue. Why?

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
• Station Sign-
The sign in Lumiose City’s subway. It’s quite mysterious, saying "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." What does this ominous message mean? Why is this person going for help? What is this “usual place”?
This is very much a "dude, trust me" but I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was a reference to a japanese movie that got lost in translation

:abra: Gen 5 Ghost girl-
I’ve never played Gen 5, yet looking for the quote of the Station Sign, I came across this. Apparently, there’s another ghost girl in Gen 5. She talks about her Abra, too. What happened to her? What separated her from her family
This one was actually tied up in B2W2. Turns out the girl used to live in what is now called the Strange House near Lentimas Town and Reversal Mountain. She became afflicted with nightmares by a Darkrai, and her family wasn’t able to save her before she succumbed. She appeared on the bridge because she was trying to give the Lunar Wing her family had obtained back to Cresselia.

:haxorus: Ghost’s gift-
In SwSh, there’s a girl in Hammerlocke city who asks you to give something (I forget lol) to a man in Ballonlea. When you find the man, he’s an elder now, and he says that it’s from a girl he knew in his childhood who died of a sickness that she covered up. Why did the girl choose to give her gift then? Why did she cover her illness up?
I always assumed it was just a simple human reason like her not wanting him to worry about her.

:calyrex: Dynamax Calyrex-
One of the biggest mysterious of SwSh, the blue Calyrex. Instead of the typical red light, when Dynamaxing, Calyrex’ light is blue. Why?
Calyrex’s power is typically colored blue, as seen with the Radiant Petal. But there’s a more in-depth, conspiratorial explanation to be had on this one:

There are engraved stone slabs scattered throughout the Crown Tundra which detail some of Calyrex’s history. One of them mentions that Calyrex was found one day by the villagers, in a hurt and weakened state. As they nursed it back to health, they noticed that it always recoiled away from open hands, so people had to approach it with their hands closed.

Calyrex’s Dex entries talk about how it used its psychic power to relocate an entire forest and its inhabitants overnight in order to protect them from an impending meteor strike.

One known meteor strike in Galar’s history occurred 20,000 years ago — that was the meteorite that brought Eternatus, which is the source of Dynamax and Galar particles.

The Max Lair is a site in the Crown Tundra with a massive amount of Galar particles.

Putting these pieces together, it seems possible that Calyrex teleported a forest away in order to save it from Eternatus’s meteor impact. The area where the forest used to be then became the Max Lair when the meteorite landed, and Eternatus suffused the area with Galar particles. Calyrex likely battled Eternatus and subdued it (I assume this because we know that the Darkest Day is dated to only 3,000 years ago), but became greatly wounded and traumatized in the process (Eternatus’s Eternamax form looks like a giant hand, explaining Calyrex’s fear of open hands). My guess is, the Galar particles that Calyrex was exposed to during that fight combined with its own internal energy, which emits a blue glow.

Last edited:

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Calyrex’s power is typically colored blue, as seen with the Radiant Petal. But there’s a more in-depth, conspiratorial explanation to be had on this one:

There are engraved stone slabs scattered throughout the Crown Tundra which detail some of Calyrex’s history. One of them mentions that Calyrex was found one day by the villagers, in a hurt and weakened state. As they nursed it back to health, they noticed that it always recoiled away from open hands, so people had to approach it with their hands closed.

Calyrex’s Dex entries talk about how it used its psychic power to relocate an entire forest and its inhabitants overnight in order to protect them from an impending meteor strike.

One known meteor strike in Galar’s history occurred 20,000 years ago — that was the meteorite that brought Eternatus, which is the source of Dynamax and Galar particles.

The Max Lair is a site in the Crown Tundra with a massive amount of Galar particles.

Putting these pieces together, it seems possible that Calyrex teleported a forest away in order to save it from Eternatus’s meteor impact. The area where the forest used to be then became the Max Lair when the meteorite landed, and Eternatus suffused the area with Galar particles. Calyrex likely battled Eternatus and subdued it (I assume this because we know that the Darkest Day is dated to only 3,000 years ago), but became greatly wounded and traumatized in the process (Eternatus’s Eternamax form looks like a giant hand, explaining Calyrex’s fear of open hands). My guess is, the Galar particles that Calyrex was exposed to during that fight combined with its own internal energy, which emits a blue glow.
That actually makes a lot of sense :D

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
This one was actually tied up in B2W2. Turns out the girl used to live in what is now called the Strange House near Lentimas Town and Reversal Mountain. She became afflicted with nightmares by a Darkrai, and her family wasn’t able to save her before she succumbed. She appeared on the bridge because she was trying to give the Lunar Wing her family had obtained back to Cresselia.
:darkrai: Canalave city boy-
If that’s true, then is that what would’ve happened to the boy in Canalave city? Why didn’t the Lunar Wing work on the girl?

Last edited:
I think they also might just go in a different route but the domain name thing doesn't really matter in either direction

if the next switch game was, I dunno, Legends Zygarde the domain can just be "legendszygarde" dot pokemon dot com. Or just 'Zygarde' dot pokemon dot com. Something to that effect. Even easier to use if they kept the "Legends" moniker but gave it a different subtitle. LEGENDS of Kalos or whatever.
Hm what else do you know??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)