MY Ground Team!

Just for fun i've started on an all Ground team still in the early stages so not sure yet if it is still a good idea (!!!) but i want to make it as feasible as possible and one that could hold it's own! so please feel free to comment on selection and suggest alternative ground type pokemon that you would use etc :D

1. Golem

-Sturdy
-Jolly
-Sitrus Berry
> EdgeQuake/Stealth rock/Explosion

Lead pokemon who is a suicide lead -set up stealth rock, hit as hard as possible for as long as possible and then explode on the switch-in!
(with any luck the first switch-in would be the oponents best defense against ground, gets exploded on then has 5 others to deal with!)

2. Hippodown

-Sand Stream
-Carefull
-Leftovers
>Slack off/Stealth Rock/Roar/Toxic

Need some more match practice to be certain this is the moveset i'm keeping with but hippodown is my favourite for a stall ground pokemon. his ability means no move slot has to be wasted with sandstorm. slack off and leftovers keep his hp up while roar keeps the opposition moving (into stealth rock) and if i get the oportunity to poison one or two opponents to set up a late game sweep, even better!

3. Steelix

-Sturdy
-Sassy
-Leftovers
>Explosion/EdgeQuake/Gyroball

Like Golem steelix will provide a wall and can explode on any difficult pokemon that are causing trouble! the main problem i see with running a single type team is that everything will be fine until you come up against a Gyarados that has had a couple of boosts and then he'll take out the whole team with OHKO's! so my basic strategy is to use two 'suicide' pokemon to help clear any difficult pokemon. Hippodown beforehand will have scouted the team with roar so i can see who best to use steelix for but otherwise he is still one of the best physical walls in the game anyway!

4. Torterra

-Overgrow
-Brave
-Leftovers
>EdgeQuake/Woodhammer/Synthesis

Torterra is the start of the sweepers, I'm hoping that the front three pokemon will have done enough damage to make a start on the sweep. being grass type he is good against most water type switch-in's so if an explosion from Golem/Steelix hasn't killed off a water type then woodhammer will! Ice is still a problem but that is a running theme for this team! Swampert is another Pokemon that i thought for this slot and i could be convinced to give the place to him if public opinion thinks i should!

5. Garchomp

-Sandveil
-Jolly
-Life Orb
>Dragon Dance/Earthquake/Dragon claw/Outrage

In a decision between Flygon and Garchomp i went with Garchomp (obviously) I'v gone with DD over swords dance as his attack is high anyway and the boost for Atk + Spe is enough to take out alot. this is where i'm hoping that any Pokemon carrying ice moves have all been exploded on and Garchomp is free to run wild! Skarmory or Bronzong may be brought in to wall him but if a couple of Dragon dances is not enough then a Marowak will be!

6. Marowak

-Rock head
-Jolly
-Thick Club
>Earthquake/Bonemerang/Firepunch/Double Edge

My favourite all time Pokemon (so don't suggest he should be left out!:D) His fire Punch is my one defence against any ice types (rare anyway) but also gives an almighty whack to steel types that fly/levitate over earthquake. Bonemerang is good against substitutes and the final moveslot goes between double edge or brick break -where at the moment iv gone for Double edge. His great attack means that he gives me everychance if a battle has got this far and he has rarely let me down, as anything that can hit as hard as him is usually slower and anything faster he can take a hit before he's KO'd

All comments welcome, please excuse any noob errors i may have done!

Marowak...

Marowak

-Rock head
-Jolly
-Thick Club
>Earthquake/Bonemerang/Firepunch/Double Edge
Earthquake and Bonemerang? Bonemerang is Earthquake, but it only hits one Pokemon and has less accuracy. If this is for single battles, use another EdgeQuake with Fire Punch and Double-Edge/Brick Break. I wouldn't use Bonemerang just to break substitutes, usually waiting one turn doesn't make the difference between winning and losing (I know that sounds stupid, but usually they're setting up offenses and you can quickly KO the substituting Pokemon, and Bonemerang only has a base %) power to break a sub and get in another hit.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You need to add your EV spreads. Also note that Garchomp is uber in gen IV. I'm moving this thread to "other teams" assuming that it's not meant to be played into official Smogon's metagames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)