My first RMT! (a UU Beta Team)

Well, Grass Types don't really cover up the Ele weakness as its just a neutral hit and they do not resist it but they are at least not weak to it and some of them are bulky enough to deal with electric type attacks fairy well, but if your looking for a grass type, depending on what you want of course there are a few options, If you want spore support and general status support then Amoongus it also has Clear Smog to get phaze set up sweepers and it has synthesis which is a nice recovery move not to mention its awesome ability of regenerator which means it can switch out and recover health so it can have more longevity and take more hits it also can adsorb T-Spikes and has a nice poison stab for fairys and resists fairy type moves, if you want a bulky wall, bulky nasty plotter , Calm Minder, Phazer kind of pokemon then i would suggest Celebi who has alot of utility, it can force switch out with perish song to stop set up sweepers, It receives calm mind if you want to make yourself more bulky and hit a little harder It gets nasty plot if you want to go on the offensive, And it has a nifty ability of Natural Cure which means you can switch it in to any status move and you can be rid of it just by switching out, Also it has a reliable form of recovery in the move Recover and it is not that bad of a setter of Stealth Rocks or user of T-Wave, it can also be a bulky baton passer i you want to go down there route, Pretty much it has many very helpful uses that make it a great option. Now for Roserade, if your looking for a spike setter or a fast hard hitting mon on the special side with the ability to use synthesis to recover health then Roserade is a pretty decent option, it also receives natural cure which is a really nice ability and makes it a nice status absorber, also it is viable to even put the move rest on Roserade because it will awaken on the switch out thanks to natrual cure and you will be back to 100% and like Amoongus it has that nice poison stab and ability to absorb T-Spikes as well and it does resist fairy type moves, However with Roserade she tends to lack the bulk the other two have but she does have the ability to be the hardest hitting of the three but all three are very help and viable depending on what your need is. however if your worried about a Ele weakness then packing a electric type or ground type deals with them more effectively something like Volt Absorb Jolteon or Lightning Rod Manetric, i noticed you already had Nido who is immune to electric type attacks all together and a pretty nice T-Spikes absorber, but from personal experience a Sp.Def Celebi generally takes electric attacks like t-bolt fairly well and can recover the damage off, but i see the grass type being a nice option to deal with water types and ground types and help take grass type attacks that will be coming towards your Vappy and such, but yea those are just some options that popped up into my head, it really depends on what you want to do and what you want to accomplish. But anyhow thank you for your time.=p

Maybe Rhyperior? I'm also newish to the XY metagame, but it's good defensively and offensively, and is immune to Electric.

I think Rhyperior and celebi sounds good I will try Rhyperior first, see how it goes, and then celebi. Thanks for all the great feedback I really appreciate it!

Tried Rhyperior. I love the Pokemon, but it creates a bigger grass weakness then before, so it doesn't really benefit my team. I will try celebi now. Keep them comments rolling!

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost Soul Grass-types resist Electric-type moves...

Your team isn't /that/ weak to Electric-types imo. Nidoqueen is immune to their STABs and has the bulk to take a Hidden Power Ice and then OHKO back with Earth Power. In Zapdos's case, you can use Ice Beam instead and most Zapdos carry Heat Wave over HP Ice so that isn't a problem at all.

My bad XD i forgot all about that, I'm a bit foggy on the resist charts still XD but i second what Rohail suggested.

The problem is not so much super effective wise, it's that anything neutral hitting takes a lot of damage. Anyway, I like Celebi on my team and will probably edit the main thread soon. Thanks for all the help, but keep firing off suggestions.

Yea once you get it updated and i can see the full team laid out as it is currently i can go over it and see if there is anything i notice that i can suggest. Also very glad that Celebi is working out for you, im actually currently using it in OU myself.=p

Edited the main thread. Say, since I'm relatively new, is there a point where no more feedback can be given on one team? I think this team is almost done. Do you?

Honestly I'd use that team if I wanted to. Looks good, but I'm not the best rater out there so who knows, maybe there could be something said.

Arkian

is a Contributor Alumnus
Celebi's EV spread is honestly extremely awkward; 252 SpD should only be used alongside 252 HP EVs in Celebi's case since its HP isn't the best, but since you're going for an offensive pivot, I would recommend 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature. This Celebi hits hard and fast, likes it's supposed to, and it can heal quickly with Recover to keep hitting hard and walling threats later on in the game.

Another EV spread worth changing would be Nidoqueen's. I use 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe to outspeed everything up to 252 Adamant Crawdaunt (also, it can't OHKO you with Aqua Jet without SR and Spikes, granted it is the LO variant [CB variants only have a chance to OHKO with SR]).

Aside from that, this turned out to be a great team daedalus1103 ^.^

Thank you so much everyone! I edited the main thread and will start finalizing a team for another RMT. Once again, thank you all for your support!

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 SAtk/ 4 SDeg
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Recover
- Psychic
---------------------------------------------------

I noticed you had both Giga Drain and Leaf Storm, it is kind of redundant coverage and i suggest replacing one or the other with Thunder Wave/U-turn/Earth Power or Hidden Power Fire, depends on if you want to cripple other teams sweepers, have the ability to scout and gain some momentum with u-turn, hit fire types and steel types hard or hit other grass types and steel types. There is really no need for Leaf Storm and Giga Drain on the same set when you only really need one or the other or else it hampers your coverage and utility.

Arkian

is a Contributor Alumnus
Idk how I completely missed that, but yeah, Giga Drain and Leaf Storm used together is painfully redundant. I would personally use Earth Power to hit Steel-types hard, since they wall you otherwise :( U-turn and Thunder Wave cool, but that particular Celebi set prefers the power and coverage much more than utility imo. As for Hidden Power Fire, it is pathetically weak and only hits Escavalier hard, and Celebi still loses to since AV Escav since it isn't OHKOed with HP Fire while it can OHKO you back with Megahorn :o

It has come to my attention that megacham is banned to ou. Who should I replace him for? Will my team have to be changed more extensively?

I've tested this team a bit, and I'm pretty impressed.

I've found two weakness;

1. Hazards. Without a taunt user or a rapid spinner/defoger, it's easy for the opponent to set up hazards and once they're there they aren't leaving (apart from toxic spikes, nidoqueen can take care of them). SR doesn't affect many pokemon too badly on this team though, just Darmantian. With SR damage and Flare blitz recoil, darmantian really doesn't last long with SR up. SR with even one set of spikes really throws a spanner in the works though.

2. Dark type and ghost types. Your team doesn't have a resistance or immunity to either of these types, and with the ubiquity of knock off this can put you into some pretty difficult situations. You can play around them, but dark and ghost type have a really easy time sweeping if your team is weakened. You can fix this with a good dark type, as it resists both of these types (umbreon would do well). Mega Absol with sucker punch can really give your team a problem, as darmantian can't revenge kill it if it's weakened (which it will be if SR is up). The damage of sucker punch is 66.9%-78.9%, so Mega Absol actually has a chance of OHKOing with sucker punch after SR.

If you are going to fix these weaknesses, be careful you don't open up any other weaknesses. All teams have weaknesses and the fact that you only have two is pretty good in my opinion.

As a replacement to Mega Medicham, I would suggest life orb Meinshao. It still has fake out priority and a powerful high jump kick. It won't hit quite as hard, but it is faster and can build momentum with U-turn. This is the set that I would use;

Meinshao @ life orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Fake out
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone edge (for coverage on flying types)

Of course this frees up your mega slot, but I don't know what mega you should use. Your team goes together pretty well :) Just watch out for the weaknesses I mention before and you should do well.

P.S. I would recommend replacing superpower on Darmantian for rock slide. Because of Sheer Force, rock slide on Darmantian is basically a more accurate stone edge. Rock slide can be used when your opponent goes for the switch into a fire type with flash fire to take the flare blitz. I find it most useful for predicting switches into chandelure.

Wow that's really funny, I am using the exact mienshao set right now as a replacement for megacham! I will do the darmanitan change. Maybe, I could switch nidoqueen for a defensive mega aero with defog and rocks to take care of my hazard stuff. I don't think it adds nor subtracts any typing problems minus ground. What do you think BigOnix?

I personally don't see mega aerodactyl being nearly defensive enough to be a defense set. If you want to get rid of your hazard weakness, you could replace nidoqueen with defog flygon.

Flygon @ life orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn / Roost (U-turn for momentum and predicting, but roost for healing life orb damage)
- Defog

Flygon is a good defoger as it resists stealth rock and is not affected by spikes and toxic spikes. However this may not be a good choice; if nidoqueen is gone then you will have only ONE dedicated special attacker, celebi. Vaporeon does have a sp.atk move, but it's not going to hit very hard, scald is more for status. You will get rid of your weakness to hazards, but gain a slight weakness to physical walls.
If this turns you off Flygon, then maybe you could use mew. I won't post a set as mew is a very versatile pokemon, and you can play around with it's EVs as you see fit. I would suggest either running a bulky defoger, or a timid full speed / full sp.atk life orb mew with defog and recover/softboiled to heal life orb damage. Just remember that you will lose your ground type. Losing the poison type of nidoqueen isn't that big of a deal imo, because you have escavalier as a fairy killer anyway.

I'm still not sure what to do about your mega slot though.

Try looking at the mega evolutions thread, it may change your mind in defensive mega aero. I don't think flying is what m looking for though. Any other suggestions?

Using Mega-Blastiose maybe?

It is arguably the best Rapid Spinner in UU right now, and since you have a free Mega Slot, this will probably work well. Running a standard set would work well.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Trait: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD
Nature: Modest
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse / Hydro Pump / Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse

Running Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse also fix your Dark and Ghost weaknesses, as well as a switch-in to knockout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)