My First Competitive UU Team

Well the goal behind this team is to get in and out as fast as possible to finish matches as fast as possible and wall to help clean everything up or to switch in as support. After testing this team on showdown and in-game I believe that I have hit the nail on the head. But there is always room for improvement, pointers are helpful. Im new here so if I do anything wrong with the format of this please tell me.

Swellow
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Moves: Facade/Quick Attack/Brave Bird/Pursuit
How I use: Pursuit trapping/Early Game Sweeper

Swellow has always been one of my favorites, but onto competitive use, facade is a staple for most Guts users, I have quick attack for those pesky priority users such as Weavile and still deal a decent amount of damage. And the reason I run pursuit rather than U-Turn is because frankly is unexpected whenever you swap it in on a apposing ghost/psychic/dark type and they swap out to avoid the incoming brave bird,facade, or u-turn. Along with being very speedy I felt like he is a very viable pokemon for this team.

Sharpedo
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Waterfall/Protect/Aqua Jet/Crunch
How I use: Sweeper

I just basically used Sharpedos bread and butter set that really needs no explanation but here we go anyway. Enter the battlefield protect get your speed boost and your ready to sweep for the most part, keep aqua jet in the background for any priority users and have his other two STAB on spam for any non-priority users.

Dusclops
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: 252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 Hp
Moves: Will-o-Wisp/Pain Split/Night Shade/Substitute
How I use: Wall

This is the only bulk behind this team, so I decided on a Mixed wall rather than a single def wall with max Hp. Will-o-Wisp is the bane to physical attackers, once a attacker is burned I usually set up a sub and just Night Shade or Pain Split until they are low enough for one of my speedier pokes can come in and get a KO. His staggering 180 base defense and Sp.Defense after the eviolite boost makes him one of the most useful walls for this team in my opinion.

Victini
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Nature: Jolly
Moves: V-Create/U-Turn/Bolt Strike/Zen Headbutt
How I use: Revenge Killer/Switch Initiative

Victini has very sub-par stats yes, but I only have 3 words for you. Choice. Banded. V-Create. If the opposing pokemon doesn't resist the incoming fire move, its not going to tickle, and having the other moves in the background just in-case is always a great option.

Typhlosion
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Moves: Eruption/Focus Blast/Extrasensory/Lava Plume
How I use: Revenge Killer/ Late-Game Sweeper

Typhlosion has been a very reliable revenge killer or Late-game sweeper for this team because of its great use of choice scarfed Eruption. While backed by focus blast which fits in great among its stab moves for a little extra coverage against bulky rock/ground types such as rhyperior.

Yanmega
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Speed boost
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Moves: Air Slash/Hidden Power Ground/Bug Buzz/Protect
How I use: Sweeper

This has the same basic idea as my Sharpedo. Protect, speed boost, sweep. HP Ground is very useful against many steel/rock/ground types such registeel, gigalith, and rhyperior. And his STAB moves can leave very noticeable dents in teams after speed boost.

Concerns:
*Yanmegas obvious stealth rock weakness and no spinner/defogger
*Huge Electric weakness
*Huge Rock weakness
*Use of only one wall

What I'm considering
*Im also considering swapping Yanmega sets to the tinted lens set for the lulz
*Thinking about cutting one of the fire types and replacing it with a wall

Constructive criticism is helpful. Once again, I'm new here so cut me some slack if I messed up on the format. And thanks in advance everyone.

~Cheers, Poe

Sup. I have a few suggestions for your team.

First of all, flame orb on Swellow instead of toxic orb. Burn's attack drop is no longer there if you have guts.

Next, after one speed boost, Sharpedo pretty much out-speeds everything that isn't scarfed. I suggest you replace aqua jet for eathquake so you can deal with electric types more easily.

For Dusclops, the EV's are extremely odd. I suggest you get max health and special defense since will-o-wisp pretty much renders physical attackers useless. Here are the EV's: 252 Health, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense, Careful Nature

Victini is the same old set that I see everywhere so no need to change that. Same for Typhlosion. I do suggest to replace one of them with Claydol, probably Typhlosion as he is weaker (Perhaps you might want to replace Victini do to having only one special sweeper on the team besides Typhlosion). Claydol balances your team quite nicely as he is immune to all the weaknesses you have and can also rapid spin. Here is the set you should use:
Claydol@Leftovers
252 Health, 252 Special Defense, 4 Defense
Careful
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Toxic
Credit goes to Smogon for coming up with the set.

You might want to replace Victini because he and Claydol both share a psychic typing creating more weaknesses.

For Yanmega, I highly suggest tinted lens.

Well, I hoped I helped!

Squidward

Squidward , after testing out some of your ideas in a few showdown battles I have seen all the points you made to be valid improvements. Although I changed out the careful nature on dusclops for calm nature (Just to minimize fowl play damage) and I've begun breeding baltoys in game. Thanks again!
~Cheers, Poe ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)