my draws, look at them

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's been really satisfying seeing your illustration style take shape over the past few years. You draw human faces now with more expression and detail, and Pokemon with an added focus on gesture and stylization. You did a great job with your color choices in this most recent illustration; the orange tones on her right and the more bluish shadow tones on her left give me a sunset vibe, even with just the white background.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Oml i love your newer art so so much, your ability to use silhouette and line weight is basically unmatched on smogon i feel, and every piece of yours feels like it has its own identity. If you don't mind, could you pass me some tips on silhouette sometime? I feel like w a lot of my stuff i forget about it until the end, and when I do remember it it takes me 6-7 sketches to get a good one, if i even get a good one at all haha. Tysm in advance for whenever you respond, your art is amazingly professional and awesome and i love it, oki i'll pop out now, bye;;!!!!

testinggg33.png

Oml i love your newer art so so much, your ability to use silhouette and line weight is basically unmatched on smogon i feel, and every piece of yours feels like it has its own identity. If you don't mind, could you pass me some tips on silhouette sometime? I feel like w a lot of my stuff i forget about it until the end, and when I do remember it it takes me 6-7 sketches to get a good one, if i even get a good one at all haha. Tysm in advance for whenever you respond, your art is amazingly professional and awesome and i love it, oki i'll pop out now, bye;;!!!!
you're too kind!! there's a whole bunch of more experienced quality artists too look into out there though. only thing i can say is if you're struggling to get a good base shape/pose during sketching just continuing to lineart etc. regardless is not a good idea until you're comfortable with what you have as your sketch. it does depend on the artist at the end of the day but if you leave a sketch with a part of it still unclear/unsure how you'd make it work later, if you're not confident you'll be able to just re-work and solve those problems later during the process you'll just end up in a pinch.

for pokemon stuff especially it can be easier as a lot of them have a super simple shape with a big head + smol body that you can put in different angles and positions without too much trouble. if you're referencing official art try not to just repeat that same pose and try something even just a little different. you'll want to do the same with actual characters at some point but i'd imagine you can have some quick practice on pokemon as well whenever you're able to!

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
a little feel good drawing, plants are nice

View attachment 329634
If this is a feel good drawing, then why must Tangela remain sad? :blobsad:

Seriously though, this piece is really nice! The comforting color choices really help sell the cozy vibe of it. It's also nice to look through the illustration at all the little hidden details too! I should also say on an unrelated note that I'm loving your series of small mon illustrations, they're all very cute and unique!

here's something from last weekend

leafumbrella333 (Custom).png

If this is a feel good drawing, then why must Tangela remain sad? :blobsad:

Seriously though, this piece is really nice! The comforting color choices really help sell the cozy vibe of it. It's also nice to look through the illustration at all the little hidden details too! I should also say on an unrelated note that I'm loving your series of small mon illustrations, they're all very cute and unique!
Thank you for the kind words! I haven't done a lot of digital art last year so I decided to at least take some time out of my day to draw simple, comforting stuff and I feel like the small mons are a big part of that. I'd be happy to know that these are as cozy and cute for some of the people viewing as they were relaxing to draw on my end.

groups22 (Custom).png

Last edited:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I have to be in the top ten of your biggest fans at this point wtf, I adore the way you experiment with your art and instill a sense of ease into your lines, expressions, and colors (nothing ever feels harsh with you). also the pkmn crossovers (the ”smol mons”)!? I’d kill to see more of those just because they make me smile

keep it pushing x

i haven't updated in a while!! i'll try to do a little compilation post at some point, but for the most part just wanted to let you guys know that I have a little shop opened up for stickers and a print! If you've ever wanted to throw a bit of support my way, feel free to check it out or just spread the word, it would mean a lot! :toast:

here's the shop link: https://www.alluux.shop/tikivt

visualstckers123 (Custom).png

Last edited:

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
i haven't updated in a while!! i'll try to do a little compilation post at some point, but for the most part just wanted to let you guys know that I have a little shop opened up for stickers and a print! If you've ever wanted to throw a bit of support my way, feel free to check it out or just spread the word, it would mean a lot! :toast:

here's the shop link: https://www.alluux.shop/tikivt

View attachment 396812
Oh my gosh! Your stickers are adorable! They actually remind me a little bit of bluekomadori’s not-painterly style (which I LOVE) plus a little bit of a ghibli look with the lines and expressions. You have that effortlessness and sweetness and sheer expressiveness in your art! It’s just so charming. The lighting and line work on the budew especially is just fantastic.

It’s also just so cool to see the experimentation and evolution in your art through these past few pages. I especially love the “smol mons,” the plant store piece, and the Valentine’s Day piece (gives me some Ilya Kuvshinov vibes tbh!). And the Roselia and Hydreigon on page 3! Really cool stuff.

Hope you’re having a beautiful day!

Just wanted to drop by and compliment you on the lovely artwork! I especially like the Sigilyph and Unown drawings; those are two of my absolute most favorite mons and I rarely see any good artworks of them.
thank you! really wanted to give drawing sigilyph in a different style a shot at the time exactly because i didnt see a lot of art of it around. super cool design and i'm glad some people enjoyed it as much as i did :)

Oh my gosh! Your stickers are adorable! They actually remind me a little bit of bluekomadori’s not-painterly style (which I LOVE) plus a little bit of a ghibli look with the lines and expressions. You have that effortlessness and sweetness and sheer expressiveness in your art! It’s just so charming. The lighting and line work on the budew especially is just fantastic.

It’s also just so cool to see the experimentation and evolution in your art through these past few pages. I especially love the “smol mons,” the plant store piece, and the Valentine’s Day piece (gives me some Ilya Kuvshinov vibes tbh!). And the Roselia and Hydreigon on page 3! Really cool stuff.

Hope you’re having a beautiful day!
thank you for the kind words! i love bluekomadori, cant get enough of their work. Hope you're having a great weekend!

I still didn't get to posting some stuff from twitter on here unfortunately ;_; but here's a grumpy akari from yesterday for those that are enjoying legends arceus atm :toast:
akari2222.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)