My 1k Playlist

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About a month ago I realized that I was nearing 1,000 posts on Smogon, a typical thread-making benchmark around these parts. My original plan, that I've been discussing since 600, was to make a WiFi trading thread out of all the Pokemon I've caught in my cartridge games. Looks like I'm full of hot air, as that is clearly not what this thread is.

As many of you know, I host a radio show at Penn State. My 1k thread is a playlist, with each song dedicated to a Smogon user that I have made some kind of personal connection with. Periodically I'll be releasing a show that encompasses part of the playlist. There are too many users I want to include to fit into only one.

My time on Smogon has been indescribable. There have been high times, and there have been plenty of low times. I came to play Pokemon, but I soon discovered that perhaps Pokemon just wasn't my game. I stuck around for the people, those that I chat with on IRC every day who are more than just a name on a screen. I've had the fortune to meet several Smogon users in person, and it's an amazing experience. I still don't really play Pokemon, but here I am three years later still kickin'. Every time I've thought about quitting, just saying "fuck it" and walking away from it all, I've found that I just can't say goodbye to those people. I've built relationships that will last well beyond my time as a Smogon Moderator. It's more than I could have ever bargained for from a website that I joined as a joke, on a whim.

Thank you.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
high times :pimp:

you surely know that I'm so glad to have met you at all alan, and even more so since we've met in person! and you found me worthy enough of driving across the country to hang out with me for a week, plus JabbaTheFriggin. can't wait to see you again, hopefully some time this winter when I find myself in NY. eagerly awaiting this playlist!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
good thing i didn't read this thread late at night....i would not be able to get to sleep after seeing that!!!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
well at least now the change to dromiceiomimus wasnt fishys worst smogon change

I didn't even know avatars were allowed to be that big. I thought Kevin_Garrett's was large but that is just... overkill.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I love this thread

"hey this is my 1k thread I have this really cool idea for it COME BACK LATER FOR THE ACTUAL THREAD"

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a better idea.

Instead of releasing one song at a time like a lamer (no one listens to countdowns anymore, Casey Kasem), I'll be recording radio shows dedicated to you guys.

First one is coming out on Saturday, hopefully I'll be able to do it live but I might not be able to get access to my studio to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)